Good morning, y’all! It’s Thursday – which means it’s time for another Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop. We’ve got a nice open sketch challenge to work with and I’m excited to see what everyone brings to the table – I just know you’re going to see a ton of awesome-ness on the hop today!
I found some inspiration from a couple of challenges and the result is a great masculine card just in time for Father’s Day! I pulled out the Gone Fishing bundle and some fun Let’s Go Fishing DSP. Take a look-see:
And here’s the sketch we all worked with today!
I mentioned a few challenges – they’re super for some crafty inspiration and I’m always on the look-out! So – some of my elements were selected thanks to this week’s Festive Friday challenge! I used Blue, Masculine, Plaid, Fishing and Die Cuts! 🙂
And this challenge was also dove-tailed with the Double-Trouble Challenge. I hit all three “things”! 🙂
I started by adhering some fun paper from the Let’s Go Fishing DSP to the front of a Misty Moonlight card base. Then I matted some plaid paper on Mossy Meadow and adhered that to the card front with Liquid Glue.
Using a Countryside Corners die, I cut out a lure-strewn piece of Let’s Go Fishing DSP and adhered it with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
On a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock, I stamped the Gone Fishing sentiment in Wild Wheat – then I cut it out with a Stylish Shapes circle die. Tip: I “cheated” the sentiment to the top left of the circle so that I’d have plenty of room for my die cut lures! 🙂
I adhered the circle to the card front with Liquid Glue.
From a piece of Silver Foil (from the Silver Foil Specialty Pack – an Online Exclusive) and from a piece of Misty Moonlight cardstock, I cut out the two-piece lure using the Gone Fishing die. I wanted the large piece in the Silver, and the small triangular piece in the Misty Moonlight.
On another piece of Very Vanilla – I stamped the lure with the hooks image from Gone Fishing in Wild Wheat ink – then I stamped the fill image in Misty Moonlight. I cut out the shape with the coordinating die from Gone Fishing.
I adhered the stamped and die cut shape to the card front with a little Liquid Glue.
I ran a length of Baker’s Twine from the Baker’s Twine Essentials Pack thru the hole at the top of the silver die cut lure and tied a knot. Then I popped the die cut on with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Finally, I added some Rustic Metallic Adhesive-backed Dots – to the lure and to the sentiment – and the card front was done.
On the inside, I kept it simple. I stamped the two-hook lure image in Wild Wheat in the corner of a Very Vanilla panel, then added the fill in Misty Moonlight.
I used Liquid Glue to adhere the panel to a Mossy Meadow mat and into the Misty Moonlight card base and the card was done!
My Very Vanilla Medium Envelope got the Gone Fishing lure in Wild Wheat and Misty Moonlight on the front…
…and more of the wunnermus plaid Let’s Go Fishing DSP on the envelope flap.
Et Voila! I think this is such a fun set – even non-fisher-folk would like it, don’t you think?! I love the colors Stampin’ Up! put together in the Let’s Go Fishing DSP (it’s on SALE, too!) and all the images and dies from Gone Fishing coordinate with it perfectly! Countryside Corners is going to be a real work-horse in the craft room, I’m thinking!
I hope you like!
If you’d like to recreate this card, all the products and card cuts you’ll need are down below! And – I made a short video for Instagram – if you’d like to check it out…here ‘tis!
And…I’ve also created a printable PDF with written instructions and a list of the products used to create this project. You can download, print and/or save it by clicking this image:
Missed any tutorials? You can check out my past projects right here!
Now that you’ve seen my card, take a minute to hop thru all our projects today. If you click on the Next Blog button, you’ll go right to Jaimie’s page. And you can just click on the names below to go direct to all the blogs!
Mary Deatherage – This is me! 😎
Have fun on the Hop!!
Connect with me! https://campsite.bio/stampsnlingers
HOST CODE FOR 1 JUN – 15 JUN: TNZC6T77
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift (AND the Monthly Card Tutorial) from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in any active Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Customer Rewards page for full details.
Note: Make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards!
You’ll also be getting a link to my ZOOM The Craftroom (an exclusive TWICE-A-WEEK online event for my customers) and the monthly Online Tutorial. The June Tutorial features the fun Zany Zoo Bundle!
Thursday After Lunch Bunch
I’m planning to go live today on my Stamps-N-Lingers YouTube Channel with a new project for you – whoo-hoo!! We’ll start at our normal time of 1pm Eastern. Come on over and see what I’m up to today! Look forward to seeing you then!
HUGE DSP SALE !
– Sale Period is 1 – 30 Jun 2023
– There is no limit to how many packages of Designer Series Paper may be purchased during this promotion.
– Only select Designer Series Papers are available at a 15% discount during this promotion. Check out the printable flyer below to see the papers included in the sale.
– Designer Series Paper ordered as part of a Starter Kit or with Stampin’ Rewards qualify for the 15% discount.
– Designer Series Papers are from the new 2023–2024 Annual Catalog (p. 129–132) and Online Exclusives.
Click the picture below to open up a printable flyer! And then start making your list so you’ll be ready on 1 June to get stocked up on your faves!
INTERESTED IN JOINING US??
JUNE IS THE PERFECT TIME!
It’s a fabulous time to join Stampin’ Up! New team members will get even more FREE products in their customizable Starter Kit. Between 1–30 June, those who sign up can get $155 worth of products for only $99 + free business supplies + free shipping + all the fun being a part of Stampin’ Up!
Here’s the deets!
PROMOTION DATES: 1–30 JUNE 2023
– When new team members purchase their Starter Kit, they will be able to redeem $155 of Starter Kit eligible products for just $99
– Shipping of your new kit is FREE!!
Why should you join Stampin’ Up!? Well…
When you join as a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, you’ll get the following perks:
– 20% discount on all purchases immediately after joining (and for as long as you are an active demonstrator). What an amazeballs benefit! Plus, you ALSO get to take advantage of any customer specials going on from Stampin’ Up!, too!
– Early peeks at new release items and preorders for new items for about a month before they are available to purchase!
– The chance to attend Demonstrator exclusive Stampin’ Up! events!
– You’ll have the chance to earn a modest additional income on your sales!
– No pressure to sell to anyone, hold classes or workshops or run a business – I promise. You can simply order for yourself and get the discount! And as long as you have at least $300 in sales per quarter, you’ll continue as an active Demonstrator and continue to get the discount. If you aren’t able to maintain the $300 per quarter minimums, you simply go back to being a customer, no commitment required and no penalty if decide that being a Demonstrator isn’t right for you.
– Stampin’ Up! does have an extensive library of class and project ideas for those wishing to jump into hosting classes as well as training to help start your business, should you choose to do that.
And…why should you join with me?
– You’ll be a part of my Critters-N-Creatin’ Krew team! 😎😎😎
– Whether you’d like to start a business or simply get that great discount, I’m here to support you in any way I can!
– Monthly team meetings via video conference where we talk about the latest happenings at Stampin’ Up! and share project ideas. We’re scattered all over the United States, but we get together in person online and have lots of fun chatting!
– Access to my ZOOM The Craftroom virtual stamping get-togethers each week!
– Free access to my online class tutorials.
– When you join the Critters (that’s what we call ourselves!), you’re going to find tons of fun and inspiration from our team – our CNCK FB group is always sharing amazing, inspirational projects, and you’re going to get lots of ideas!
– Team giveaways and prizes! We do fun giveaways and prizes for sharing projects and for reaching sales and recruiting goals.
– Monthly team trainings and meetings for those interested in learning more about the business side of Stampin’ Up!.
– There’s no obligation to sell or share the products or hold workshops or blog or anything! Just enjoy that discount, baby!
– We also have fun challenges – just post pictures of what you’re working on – and you’re entered to win free SU product from me!
– And – not gonna lie. We’re pretty cool! 😎. Our team is spread all over the country, but we’re still able to get together – using the power of ZOOM! – once each month to chat and share and sometimes do Prize Patrols! Like we did just last night….
I would love to have you on my team and help you get all the discounts, and early goodies, and…ALL THE THINGS! :).
You can also see additional information on my Stampin’ Up! site here!
Get the Stampin’ Up! Products Used in this Project:
Card Cuts Used in This Project:
Misty Moonlight Cardstock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base scored and folded at 5 1/2″); Gone Fishing small lure die cut
Mossy Meadow Cardstock: 2 1/2″ x 5 1/4″ (mat for DSP strip on front); 4″ x 5 1/4″ (mat for inner liner)
Silver Foil Specialty Pack: Gone Fishing large lure die cut
Very Vanilla Cardstock: Third-from-Largest Stylish Shapes Circle die cut (sentiment); 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (inner liner); Stamped and die cut lure on front
Let’s Go Fishing DSP: 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ (front card panel); Third-from-Largest Countryside Corners die cut (on front); 2 1/4″ x 6″ (envelope flap)
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!