Hey y’all – it’s Thursday, so it’s time for another Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop!! Today’s a sketch challenge – and I’m excited to see what everyone brings to the table! I just know you’re going to see a ton of awesome-ness on the hop today!
I decided that it had been a hot minute since I’d played with the Poinsettia Petals bundle – and the flower worked for the sketch – so…out it came! And – more Plaid Tidings DSP – this time for a Christmas card! Take a look-see:
And here’s the sketch that made me think poinsettia!
Yea yea – okay. It didn’t have to be a poinsettia. But mine is. So…there. 😉
I used somewhat non-traditional colors for this Christmas card, thanks to the color challenge at CAS Colors & Sketches.
I started with some Cherry Cobbler plaid from the season-spanning Plaid Tidings DSP that I matted on Mango Melody for the card front.
I cut a piece of Whisper White with a Stitched Rectangle Die (why do I even bother ever putting these away??) then embossed it in the Pinewood Planks 3D Embossing Folder and adhered it to the card front with Liquid Glue.
For the flower, I cut two of each of the flower petals in the Poinsettia Dies. Here’s a tip I re-learned the other day…thanks, Amy!
On the Poinsettia Dies – each flower size has two dies. One cuts the outline and the other embosses veins in the petals. It’s sort of a puzzle figuring out how the embossing dies go in the cutting dies. So…here’s the tip. Once you figure it out – put a little dot on each piece. I used a Sharpie – you can do that or use a little dot of nail polish. The Sharpie fades – so you’ll need to replenish it!
Second tip: to get a more pronounced embossing – run the dies thru the cutting machine once. Then carefully remove the cutting die – without disturbing the emboss die. Then run it all back thru again. You’ll be happy you did!! 🙂 Oh – don’t try this with the Red Velveteen paper. You’ll be sad that you did if you do! 😳😳😳
I stamped the Poinsettia Petals sentiment in Cinnamon Cider on a strip of Whisper White and cut one end with the Banners Pick a Punch. I edged the banner with the Mango Melody Stampin’ Write Marker.
I stamped the berries from Poinsettia Petals in Cinnamon Cider on Cinnamon Cider cardstock and cut them with their die from the Poinsettia Dies. I also cut a couple of Mango Melody berries and the two little flower centers.
For this one, I laid the card front on my Cinnamon Cider card base to be sure I wasn’t making all my decorations too wide.
I adhered the berries with Liquid Glue.
I looped some Linen Thread around my hand four times, twisted it into a Figure-8 and tied it with another short length of Thread. Then I adhered it with a Glue Dot.
I built the poinsettia with Liquid Glue and adhered it over the “bow” with a few Stampin’ Dimensionals. Then I nestled the sentiment in and adhered it with Liquid Glue inside the flower and a few dimensionals on the other end!
I used my Light Cinnamon Cider Stampin’ Blend to color some small Pearl Basic Jewels – adhered them to the flower center – and here and there on the card front and the card was done!
On the inside, I stamped a second Poinsettia Petals sentiment in Cinnamon Cider on a Whisper White panel. Over top I used the full flower image and stamped it with stamped-off-once Cherry Cobbler.
I used Liquid Glue to adhere the panel to a Mango Melody mat and into my Cinnamon Cider card base, adhered the card front with more Liquid Glue and the card was done!
My Whisper White Medium Envelope got the Poinsettia Petals flower in Cherry Cobbler on the front…
…and a little more of the Plaid Tidings DSP on the envelope flap.
Et Voila! I love this Poinsettia Petals flower – it’s gorgeous in Cherry Cobbler, don’t you think?? The stamp set and bundled Poinsettia Dies are just wonderful.
And – can you even maybe think of any card that would NOT benefit from a piece of Plaid Tidings DSP? Nope – I don’t think you can! It is THAT versatile! 😉
I hope you like!
If you’d like to recreate this card, all the products and card cuts are listed below!
Now that you’ve seen my card, take a minute to hop thru all our projects today. If you click on the Next Blog button, you’ll go right to Kristi’s page. And you can just click on the names below to go direct to all the blogs!
Mary Deatherage – YOU ARE HERE!
Have fun on the Hop!!
HOST CODE FOR 16 SEP – 30 SEP: JBMCHDXU
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift (AND the Monthly Card Tutorial) from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in any active Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details. The September Tutorial features the In The Pines Bundle!
YouTube Live – After Lunch Bunch!
I’m planning to go live today on my YouTube channel with a new project! Come on over and see what I’m up to today at 1:00 PM ET! Look forward to seeing you then!
I’d Love To Have YOU Join My Team!
And this month is a great month to do it – cuz…Stampin’ Up! has an amazing Joining Bonus special going on in September!
The Get & Go Starter Kit promotion will give folks who sign up to be a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator additional products to kick start a business OR just get some amazing extra goodies to create 16 super pretty cards in a blink!!
In addition to the already great-valued Starter Kit, new demos will get pre-cut paper, stamps, and embellishments to use however you want! Stamp with friends? Yup! Make a bunch of cards quick-like-a-bunny? Yup! Whatever you want to do with all these extra goodies…go for it!
Here’s the deets:
- This great deal ends on 30 September!
- In addition to the regular starter kit – you pay $99 plus tax and choose $125 worth of products plus get FREE SHIPPING! – you’ll ALSO receive…
- 16 pre-cut and individually-packaged cards packs – including envelopes!
- 8 packs of precut cardstock of the coastal cabana pack
- 8 packs of precut cardstock of the Granny Apple Green pack
- A pack of Rhinestone Basic Jewels
- The So Much Love stamp set – here’s a video of the project ideas included!
- The Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set – here’s a video for this set’s projects!
- 16 pre-cut and individually-packaged cards packs – including envelopes!
- Use these extra goodies to make samples (using the “recipes” – you’ll ALSO get!) -hold an event with your friends or…for whatever you like! Would you just like to get a lot of cards made fast? This is a great tool!
- Important note: Ink, adhesive, cutting tool, and clear block for stamping must be purchased separately. However, these products may be included as part of the Starter Kit product selection.
There’re lots of great reasons to join Stampin’ Up! and I’d love to have you join my team!
- Enjoy a 20% discount (from the git-go!) on ALL of your Stampin’ UP! Purchases – and that discount can go up!
- Receive new catalogs EARLY
- Order new product EARLY
- Attend virtual and in person demonstrator only events
- Join our online Critters-N-Creatin’ Krew community of over 35 Members in our private FB group – and you KNOW we’re having fun!
- Just this past weekend – we had a wonderful virtual team meeting! Look at all these happy faces! We did four projects “together” – got all the updates from Stampin’ UP! – and there was a Prize Patrol! When you join our team – then you’re a part of a fun community of men and women who love crafting and love Stampin’ Up! products!!
- Enjoy hostess benefits (Stampin’ Rewards) just the same as customers – yes, in ADDITION to your Discount! 😉
- You choose whether you want to simply enjoy the discount, new friends and lots of ideas or whether you’d like to start building a business – which you can decided to do anytime. Or not. There’s no pressure – EVER! This is my promise to you!
So – who’s going to join us?! 🙂
If you’ve got questions, give me a shout and we can chat! 🙂
World Card Making Day is 3 October!
These days, everyone needs a lift and wants to hear that they’re important to someone. And with everything going on in the world, handmade cards are a perfect way to reach out and show appreciation for special friends!
We held this event last year for WCMD and we all had so much fun that we decided to do it again! All are welcome to join us! We’ll be setting up a Facebook page to host the event and I’ll be sharing the link to the page in late September. Keep an eye out on my Facebook page and here on the blog for more details! Can’t wait to stamp with you all then!!
Paper Pumpkin Joy Of To The World Kit!!
This holiday season, share the joy of Paper Pumpkin! The Joy to the World Paper Pumpkin Kit is an exclusive holiday kit that provides a specially-designed box, enough supplies to create eight elegant cards, and an opportunity to connect with the Stampin’ Up! global community.
With October’s magical kit, not only will you be able to get a head start on your holiday crafting—you’ll get to create Christmas cards, share project ideas, and spread holiday cheer with Stampin’ Up! customers and demonstrators around the world! After you receive your kit, you can join the Joy of Paper Pumpkin Facebook group to make the most of this holiday kit!
Here’s the deets:
- Kit contains enough supplies to create eight cards—four each of two designs—and coordinating envelopes.
- Kit includes die-cut pieces in English, French, and German. This will allow you to create cards you can use to connect with other customers and demonstrators around the world—in their language! To learn more about how to do this, read the “The Joy of Paper Pumpkin” section on this page.
- Card size: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Envelope size: 4-1/2″ x 5-3/4″
- Coordinating Colors: Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Just Jade, Soft Sea Foam
NOTE: The holiday kits tend to sell out FAST! So…if you want this one – best get after it and get subscribed (or RE-subscribed) if you aren’t already! You’ve got until 10 October to sign up for it – but…supplies may get scarce towards the end and when they’re gone they’re gone!! 🙁
So – are you a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber? If you’re not – but…you’d like to give these fun, all-inclusive kits, a try – you can sign up for a subscription where you are billed monthly for your kit OR you can purchase a prepaid subscription in my online store. To see more information and to sign up for the monthly subscription, click here. To see the options for prepaid subscriptions in my online store, click here.
Get the Stampin’ Up! Products Used in These Projects:
Card Cuts Used in This Project:
Cinnamon Cider Card Stock: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ (card base – scored, cut and folded at 4 1/4″); Poinsettia Die cut berries
Mango Melody Card Stock: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (mats for card front and for inner liner); Poinsettia Die cut flower centers and berries
Cherry Cobbler Card Stock: Poinsettia Die cut flower petals
Whisper White Card Stock: Stitched Rectangle (embossed front panel); (sentiment); 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (inner liner)
Plaid Tidings 6″ x 6″ DSP: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (card front); envelope flap
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!