Happy happy HAWWWMP DAY!!! I hope you’re all safe – so many of my SU! friends are in harm’s way in one way or another these days – be it from wildfires or the slowest moving tropical storm ever (serious – that one’s moving slower than I do on the treadmill on even my laziest day!)! 2020 can just…go the heck away already! 🙁 Y’all take the best of care.
Now. Today’s card is so….me. It’s got plaid. It’s got leaves. It’s got a cat! Yep – I brought the Cat Punch in to play with Gathered Leaves and the Autumn Greetings Bundle – and put the whole shootin’ match on top of some gorgeous Fall Plaid Tidings DSP. Take a look-see:
The layout for this one comes from this week’s TGIF Sketch Challenge – although I flipped it upside down! Let’s…just pretend I meant to do that, okay? 😉
And – the Tic-Tac-Toe challenge let me let my FALL collage freak LOOSE! I mean – it was like they made this board FOR ME!! I went up the middle diagonal AND down the right column!
I started with a piece of the Plaid Tidings DSP that I cut to 3 3/4″ x 5″ then cut at 1 7/8″ on the short side. I left one piece long and cut the other at about 2″.
I matted the three panels on a Basic Black mat. In order to make all the borders look “right” I used my Paper Trimmer to take a smidge off the panels. Yes – “smidge”. Don’t ask me how much that is! 😉
I used the Gathered Leaves Die set to cut leaves in Bumble Bee, Cajun Craze and Pumpkin Pie. Before cutting them, I spritzed the card stock with water using my Stampin’ Spritzer. Note: Cajun Craze isn’t one of the colors listed for the Plaid Tidings – but… I like how it works with this DSP. So…use the recommendations but…if there’s a color that appeals to you…use it! 🙂
I pulled out the Autumn Essentials Dies – bundled with the Autumn Greetings stamp set – and cut a few Cinnamon Cider grasses. I also cut a couple of solid Pumpkin Pie pumpkins and some detailed Cinnamon Cider pumpkins – which I adhered together with Liquid Glue.
I cut a Basic Black cat with the Cat Punch.
For the sentiment, I stamped one from Autumn Greetings in Cinnamon Cider on Very Vanilla. How gorgeous is that font?? I cut it with a Stitched Rectangle Die. Note: Cheat the sentiment to the left side of the die cut when you make your card.
Then I put all the pieces and parts onto the card front to create the collage. When I had everything how I wanted it – I took two pictures. One with everything in place and one with the “top” layers off so I could see.
I adhered everything with Liquid Glue – until I got to the very last pumpkin on the sentiment. THAT one is popped on with a Stampin’ Dimensional!
I added some Pumpkin Pie gems to the sentiment and the card front and the card was done!
On the inside, I added a second sentiment and some pumpkins from Autumn Greetings in Cinnamon Cider ink on a Very Vanilla panel. I colored the pumpkins with my Pumpkin Pie Stampin’ Blends Combo and Light Shaded Spruce Blend. On these I colored the stem with my Early Espresso Stampin’ Write Marker – then added the “ground” with the Cinnamon Cider Marker.
I used Liquid Glue to adhere the panel to a Basic Black mat and into my Cinnamon Cider card base, popped the card front on with Stampin’ Dimensionals and the card was done!
My Very Vanilla Medium Envelope got another Autumn Greetings pumpkin on the front. This one got a Cinnamon Cider stem – which do you like better?? This one or the Early Espresso stems on the inside?
…and I added more of the Plaid Tidings DSP on the envelope flap. Note to self: order more Plaid Tidings DSP SOON!!
Et Voila! No – really. This card has so many of my favorite things – I considered a double-loop Linen Thread bow but you know me…I do NOT like to be over-the-top on these things! 😉
The Autumn Essentials Bundle is gorgeous – the sentiment fonts are beautiful and the die cuts amazing! And that doesn’t even speak to the huge, wunnermus floral image!!
Add the Gathered Leaves and perfectly perfect Plaid Tidings DSP and…winner winner!
I hope you like!
If you’d like to re-create this card, the card cuts and product list is down below!
HOST CODE FOR 1 SEP – 15 SEP: AN7AK7HC
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift (AND the Monthly Card Tutorial) from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in any active Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details. The September Tutorial features the In The Pines Bundle!
I’d Love To Have YOU Join My Team!
And this month is a great month to do it – cuz…Stampin’ Up! has an amazing Joining Bonus special going on in September!
The Get & Go Starter Kit promotion will give folks who sign up to be a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator additional products to kick start a business OR just get some amazing extra goodies to create 16 super pretty cards in a blink!!
In addition to the already great-valued Starter Kit, new demos will get pre-cut paper, stamps, and embellishments to use however you want! Stamp with friends? Yup! Make a bunch of cards quick-like-a-bunny? Yup! Whatever you want to do with all these extra goodies…go for it!
Here’s the deets:
- This great deal ends on 30 September!
- In addition to the regular starter kit – you pay $99 plus tax and choose $125 worth of products plus get FREE SHIPPING! – you’ll ALSO receive…
- 16 pre-cut and individually-packaged cards packs – including envelopes!
- 8 packs of precut cardstock of the coastal cabana pack
- 8 packs of precut cardstock of the Granny Apple Green pack
- A pack of Rhinestone Basic Jewels
- The So Much Love stamp set – here’s a video of the project ideas included!
- The Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set – here’s a video for this set’s projects!
- 16 pre-cut and individually-packaged cards packs – including envelopes!
- Use these extra goodies to make samples (using the “recipes” – you’ll ALSO get!) -hold an event with your friends or…for whatever you like! Would you just like to get a lot of cards made fast? This is a great tool!
- Important note: Ink, adhesive, cutting tool, and clear block for stamping must be purchased separately. However, these products may be included as part of the Starter Kit product selection.
There’re lots of great reasons to join Stampin’ Up! and I’d love to have you join my team!
- Enjoy a 20% discount (from the git-go!) on ALL of your Stampin’ UP! Purchases – and that discount can go up!
- Receive new catalogs EARLY
- Order new product EARLY
- Attend virtual and in person demonstrator only events
- Join our online Critters-N-Creatin’ Krew community of over 35 Members in our private FB group – and you KNOW we’re having fun!
- Just this past weekend – we had a wonderful virtual team meeting! Look at all these happy faces! We did four projects “together” – got all the updates from Stampin’ UP! – and there was a Prize Patrol! When you join our team – then you’re a part of a fun community of men and women who love crafting and love Stampin’ Up! products!!
- Enjoy hostess benefits (Stampin’ Rewards) just the same as customers – yes, in ADDITION to your Discount! 😉
- You choose whether you want to simply enjoy the discount, new friends and lots of ideas or whether you’d like to start building a business – which you can decided to do anytime. Or not. There’s no pressure – EVER! This is my promise to you!
So – who’s going to join us?! 🙂
If you’ve got questions, give me a shout and we can chat! 🙂
World Card Making Day is 3 October!
These days, everyone needs a lift and wants to hear that they’re important to someone. And with everything going on in the world, handmade cards are a perfect way to reach out and show appreciation for special friends!
We held this event last year for WCMD and we all had so much fun that we decided to do it again! All are welcome to join us! We’ll be setting up a Facebook page to host the event and I’ll be sharing the link to the page in late September. Keep an eye out on my Facebook page and here on the blog for more details! Can’t wait to stamp with you all then!!
Paper Pumpkin Joy Of To The World Kit!!
This holiday season, share the joy of Paper Pumpkin! The Joy to the World Paper Pumpkin Kit is an exclusive holiday kit that provides a specially-designed box, enough supplies to create eight elegant cards, and an opportunity to connect with the Stampin’ Up! global community.
With October’s magical kit, not only will you be able to get a head start on your holiday crafting—you’ll get to create Christmas cards, share project ideas, and spread holiday cheer with Stampin’ Up! customers and demonstrators around the world! After you receive your kit, you can join the Joy of Paper Pumpkin Facebook group to make the most of this holiday kit!
Here’s the deets:
- Kit contains enough supplies to create eight cards—four each of two designs—and coordinating envelopes.
- Kit includes die-cut pieces in English, French, and German. This will allow you to create cards you can use to connect with other customers and demonstrators around the world—in their language! To learn more about how to do this, read the “The Joy of Paper Pumpkin” section on this page.
- Card size: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Envelope size: 4-1/2″ x 5-3/4″
- Coordinating Colors: Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Just Jade, Soft Sea Foam
NOTE: The holiday kits tend to sell out FAST! So…if you want this one – best get after it and get subscribed (or RE-subscribed) if you aren’t already! You’ve got until 10 October to sign up for it – but…supplies may get scarce towards the end and when they’re gone they’re gone!! 🙁
So – are you a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber? If you’re not – but…you’d like to give these fun, all-inclusive kits, a try – you can sign up for a subscription where you are billed monthly for your kit OR you can purchase a prepaid subscription in my online store. To see more information and to sign up for the monthly subscription, click here. To see the options for prepaid subscriptions in my online store, click here.
Get the Stampin’ Up! Products Used in These Projects:
Card Cuts Used in This Project:
Cinnamon Cider Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base – scored, cut and folded at 5 1/2″); Autumn Essentials die cut grasses; Autumn Essentials Die cut detailed pumpkins
Basic Black Card Stock: 3 3/4″ x 5 1/8″ (mats for card front and for inner liner); Cat Punch
Bumble Bee and Cajun Craze Card Stock: Gathered Leaves Die cut leaves
Pumpkin Pie Card Stock: Gathered Leaves Die cut leaves; Autumn Essentials Die cut solid pumpkins
Very Vanilla Card Stock: 3 3/4″ x 5″ (inner liner); 7/8″ x 2 7/8″ Stitched Rectangle Die cut (sentiment)
Plaid Tidings 6″ x 6″ DSP: 3 3/4″ x 5″(card front – cut and trimmed to create three blocks); envelope flap
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Shop the Clearance Rack here. Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Punkin Head Peppermint Rewards – My online customer thank you program!
Finn Fan Fix
Uhm….do these pantaloonies make my wiggle-butt look big??!
I like big wiggle-butts and I cannot lie! 😉
Such a pretty card! Love those fall colors and leaves. 🙂 Big wiggle-butt…no, never. 😉