Happy Friday, y’all! Hope you’ve got a decent weekend in store – if you’re cleaning up after Sally’s visit – I wish you well in those endeavors! We got some pretty solid rain and wind – but nothing catastrophic where we are. So…we were lucky. Didn’t even lose internet! 😳😳😳
If you were able to join me yesterday for my YouTube live, I appreciate you spending some time with me – if not, but you’d like to see the replay, here ’tis! 🙂
It’s no secret that I love Fall cards – with leaves and boughs and bows and and and…. Yes. It’s true. My name is Mary and I’m an over-layer-er! 😉
But. I decided with this one to try a Fall card that is Clean-and-Layered.
Yes. That’s a thing.
To that end, I pulled out some gorgeous Gilded Autumn Specialty DSP and the sweet Love of Leaves Bundle (with the amazing Stitched Leaves Dies!) and created my version of a Clean-And-Layered Fall card. Take a look-see:
The layout for this one was inspired by this week’s Global Design Project sketch challenge.
And the Fall colors are from the Sunday Stamps challenge palette.
I started with some copper-foil-embossed Mint Macaron paper from the gorgeous Gilded Autumn Specialty DSP that I adhered to the front of my Mint Macaron card base (it’s the same size as the front of the card base, just FYI!) with Liquid Glue.
Next up is a different Gilded Autumn Specialty DSP design that I cut and matted on Early Espresso – then adhered to the front of the card with Liquid Glue.
I cut a Stitched Rectangle die from Very Vanilla and stamped a Love of Leaves sentiment on it in Cajun Craze ink. Then I adhered that to the card front with more Liquid Glue.
On a seperate piece of Very Vanilla, I stamped the large leaf from Love of Leaves in Bumble Bee ink. Hint: the large – solid image – photopolymer stamps really do want to be stamped using a foam stamp pad under your cardstock – I used my Deluxe Stamparatus Foam Pad!
I cut the leaf – and embossed the “stitches” in it at the same time! – using both coordinating dies in the Stitched Leaves die set.
I used a couple of Glue Dots to adhere a Gold Hoop Embellishment to the card front – then popped the leaf over top with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I tied a simple bow with two pieces of Linen Thread and adhered it to the leaf with a Glue Dot.
I added a few (okay – FIVE!) Gold Glitter Enamel Dots and the card front was done!
On the inside, I stamped a second Love of Leaves sentiment in Cajun Craze on a Very Vanilla panel. Then I added the large leaf in Bumble Bee.
I used Liquid Glue to adhere the panel to an Early Espresso mat and into the Mint Macaron card base and the card was done!
My Very Vanilla Medium Envelope got another Bumble Bee leaf on the front…
…and some more of the Gilded Autumn Specialty DSP on the envelope flap.
Et Voila! I LOVE this Love of Leaves bundle – the Stitched Leaves Dies make the most amazing “stitched veins” in the leaves. And I really like how the stamped images look….a bit worn and distressed? Not sure if that’s the right word – but…I think you know what I mean?? You can see what I’m talking about in the image below – the stamps are created such that they make lighter and darker places in the stamped image. Which I think is cool!
And the Gilded Autumn Specialty DSP is undoubtedly some of our prettiest paper ever!
I hope you like!
If you’d like to recreate this card, all the products and card cuts are listed below!
HOST CODE FOR 16 SEP – 30 SEP: JBMCHDXU
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift (AND the Monthly Card Tutorial) from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in any active Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details. The September Tutorial features the In The Pines Bundle!
I’d Love To Have YOU Join My Team!
And this month is a great month to do it – cuz…Stampin’ Up! has an amazing Joining Bonus special going on in September!
The Get & Go Starter Kit promotion will give folks who sign up to be a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator additional products to kick start a business OR just get some amazing extra goodies to create 16 super pretty cards in a blink!!
In addition to the already great-valued Starter Kit, new demos will get pre-cut paper, stamps, and embellishments to use however you want! Stamp with friends? Yup! Make a bunch of cards quick-like-a-bunny? Yup! Whatever you want to do with all these extra goodies…go for it!
Here’s the deets:
- This great deal ends on 30 September!
- In addition to the regular starter kit – you pay $99 plus tax and choose $125 worth of products plus get FREE SHIPPING! – you’ll ALSO receive…
- 16 pre-cut and individually-packaged cards packs – including envelopes!
- 8 packs of precut cardstock of the coastal cabana pack
- 8 packs of precut cardstock of the Granny Apple Green pack
- A pack of Rhinestone Basic Jewels
- The So Much Love stamp set – here’s a video of the project ideas included!
- The Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set – here’s a video for this set’s projects!
- 16 pre-cut and individually-packaged cards packs – including envelopes!
- Use these extra goodies to make samples (using the “recipes” – you’ll ALSO get!) -hold an event with your friends or…for whatever you like! Would you just like to get a lot of cards made fast? This is a great tool!
- Important note: Ink, adhesive, cutting tool, and clear block for stamping must be purchased separately. However, these products may be included as part of the Starter Kit product selection.
There’re lots of great reasons to join Stampin’ Up! and I’d love to have you join my team!
- Enjoy a 20% discount (from the git-go!) on ALL of your Stampin’ UP! Purchases – and that discount can go up!
- Receive new catalogs EARLY
- Order new product EARLY
- Attend virtual and in person demonstrator only events
- Join our online Critters-N-Creatin’ Krew community of over 35 Members in our private FB group – and you KNOW we’re having fun!
- Just this past weekend – we had a wonderful virtual team meeting! Look at all these happy faces! We did four projects “together” – got all the updates from Stampin’ UP! – and there was a Prize Patrol! When you join our team – then you’re a part of a fun community of men and women who love crafting and love Stampin’ Up! products!!
- Enjoy hostess benefits (Stampin’ Rewards) just the same as customers – yes, in ADDITION to your Discount! 😉
- You choose whether you want to simply enjoy the discount, new friends and lots of ideas or whether you’d like to start building a business – which you can decided to do anytime. Or not. There’s no pressure – EVER! This is my promise to you!
So – who’s going to join us?! 🙂
If you’ve got questions, give me a shout and we can chat! 🙂
World Card Making Day is 3 October!
These days, everyone needs a lift and wants to hear that they’re important to someone. And with everything going on in the world, handmade cards are a perfect way to reach out and show appreciation for special friends!
We held this event last year for WCMD and we all had so much fun that we decided to do it again! All are welcome to join us! We’ll be setting up a Facebook page to host the event and I’ll be sharing the link to the page in late September. Keep an eye out on my Facebook page and here on the blog for more details! Can’t wait to stamp with you all then!!
Paper Pumpkin Joy Of To The World Kit!!
This holiday season, share the joy of Paper Pumpkin! The Joy to the World Paper Pumpkin Kit is an exclusive holiday kit that provides a specially-designed box, enough supplies to create eight elegant cards, and an opportunity to connect with the Stampin’ Up! global community.
With October’s magical kit, not only will you be able to get a head start on your holiday crafting—you’ll get to create Christmas cards, share project ideas, and spread holiday cheer with Stampin’ Up! customers and demonstrators around the world! After you receive your kit, you can join the Joy of Paper Pumpkin Facebook group to make the most of this holiday kit!
Here’s the deets:
- Kit contains enough supplies to create eight cards—four each of two designs—and coordinating envelopes.
- Kit includes die-cut pieces in English, French, and German. This will allow you to create cards you can use to connect with other customers and demonstrators around the world—in their language! To learn more about how to do this, read the “The Joy of Paper Pumpkin” section on this page.
- Card size: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Envelope size: 4-1/2″ x 5-3/4″
- Coordinating Colors: Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Just Jade, Soft Sea Foam
NOTE: The holiday kits tend to sell out FAST! So…if you want this one – best get after it and get subscribed (or RE-subscribed) if you aren’t already! You’ve got until 10 October to sign up for it – but…supplies may get scarce towards the end and when they’re gone they’re gone!! 🙁
So – are you a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber? If you’re not – but…you’d like to give these fun, all-inclusive kits, a try – you can sign up for a subscription where you are billed monthly for your kit OR you can purchase a prepaid subscription in my online store. To see more information and to sign up for the monthly subscription, click here. To see the options for prepaid subscriptions in my online store, click here.
Get the Stampin’ Up! Products Used in These Projects:
Card Cuts Used in This Project:
Mint Macaron Card Stock: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ (card base – scored, cut and folded at 4 1/4″)
Early Espresso Card Stock: 1 3/4″ x 4″ (x3 – mats for DSP panels on front); 4″ x 5 1/4″ (mat for inner liner)
Very Vanilla Card Stock: 1 3/4″ x 3 1/8″ Stitched Rectangle Die (sentiment); 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (inner liner); Stitched Leaves Die cut leaf
Gilded Autumn Specialty DSP: 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ (card front); 1 5/8″ x 3 7/8″ (x3 – DSP panels on front); envelope flap
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Shop the Clearance Rack here. Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Punkin Head Peppermint Rewards – My online customer thank you program!
Finn Fan Fix
A Dad and his Dog.
staring glaring at?
A Mom and her DANGED CAT!!
That’s MY lap, cat! 😡😡😡
Love the fall colors and pretty designer paper! 🙂 Poor Finn…he so wants to be a lap dog too…if you’d just move that cat over a little, he’d have some room. 😉