This is a lot easier to make that it looks – which is excellent, cause you’re gonna get lots of props for it! You just do a little “aw, shucks, it wasn’t any big deal” while looking, of course, like it was TOTALLY a big deal! 😉
Here’s how to make a very cool, DOUBLE Gate Fold Card.
1. Start with a piece of 5 1/2″ x 12″ Paper. For this template, I used a piece of the Neutrals Background DSP. But, at the end of this tutorial, I’ll give you a link that shows a different look, using some Christmas paper.
2. Using your Simply Scored tool, score down the long side at 2″, 4″, 8″ and 10″. Hard to see in the picture – guess I chose the wrong paper, sorry.
3. Then you’re going to make diagonal cuts from the top of the page at the 4″ and 8″ to each short side at 2 3/4″. Like so:
4. Once you make those cuts, this is what you’ll have:
(You can see on that top left triangle, my trimmer got a little dull and tore the paper a little. 😦 )
5. Now you can make your folds. The 4″ and the 8″ score line are folded in (so they’re valleys) and the 2″ and 10″ score lines are folded out (so they’re hills).
6. Then, if you want to, you can flip the triangles that you cut over and move them to the opposite corners. If you adhered them like in the next picture….
7. This is what you’d get,,,
8. And here’s how the card would look all done.
You’ve baked the cake, as it were. And it’s all ready for frosting! Here’s an example of what you can do with this basic structure. On this card, I did NOT use the extra triangles – I didn’t want to distract from the rest of the decorations on the card!
Hope that you’ll give this deceptively complicated (by which I mean it’s really easy!) card a try!