Good morning, y’all – welcome to another edition of the Amy’s Inkin’ Krew Team blog hop! Each month we make projects centered around a theme – and this month our theme is “For the Men/Boys”! We can interpret that any way we want – so…be sure to check and see everyone’s projects – we’ve got a bunch of talented ladies hopping with us this month!
Now – since we’re approaching June, it might be assumed that I’d do a Father’s Day card. But…nope. A friend recently gave birth to a tiny MALE human (he fits men/boys) so…I made a sweet little card to welcome him to the world. I used the new Happier Than Happy bundle and some sweet Happy Forest Friends DSP. Take a look-see:
I borrowed the layout from the sketch side of the FUSION challenge!
I started by adhering a piece of the Happy Forest Friends DSP on a panel of Old Olive for the card front.
Next – I used the pointed die in the Basic Border die set to create a banner from a more “scenic” design in the DSP. I cut the strip at 3 1/4″ x 5″ – then lined the point of the die up with the center of the strip and let the ends cross the bottom of the DSP at the corners. When I cut it – the banner became 4 7/8″ long!
I adhered the resulting banner to the card front with Liquid Glue.
On a piece of Basic White, I stamped the Happier Than Happy sentiment in Old Olive. Then I used the tag die in the bundled Happy Forest die set to cut it out.
I doubled up a length of Old Olive ribbon from the new Old Olive & Sahara Sand Twill Ribbon Pack and secured it with a little Linen Thread, tied in a double knot.
I ran the two ends of the thread thru the little hole in the top of the sentiment tag and tied a tiny bow (we decided on my Zoom The Craftroom on Monday that a bow is okay for a masculine card – as long as it’s twine and TINY!).
I used Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere the sentiment to the card front.
A few Brushed Brass Butterflies seemed like just the thing in a forest full of happy friends. So..I added them and the card front was done
On the inside, I stamped a second Happier Than Happy sentiment in Old Olive on a Basic White panel. I stamped a little butterfly from the set in So Saffron by the sentiment. In the corner, I stamped the tree image twice in full-strength Old Olive and once in stamped-off-once Old Olive.
I used Liquid Glue to adhere the panel to an Old Olive mat and then into a Sahara Sand card base, popped the card front on with Stampin’ Dimensionals and the card was done.
My Basic White Medium Envelope got more Happier Than Happy trees and butterflies on the front…
…and another piece of Happy Forest Friends DSP on the envelope flap.
Et Voila! So…truth…I wasn’t going to get this Happier Than Happy stamp set and bundled Happy Forest Dies. It just seemed a little too…kiddie…for me. But – I liked the coordinating Happy Forest Friends DSP. So I thought…what the heck – just get the whole shebang. And – I am so glad I did! It’s adorable – and has wonderful images and sentiments – and the DSP is just as fun and adorable as I suspected!
I hope you like!
If you’d like to recreate this card, all the products and card cuts are listed below!
And…I’ve also created a printable PDF with written instructions and a list of the products used to create this project. You can download, print and/or save it by clicking this image:
Missed any tutorials? You can check out my past projects right here!
Now that you’ve seen my card, I hope you’ll take a little time to jump thru all the other projects we have to share. Click any name below, or you can use the Previous Blog button to jump back to Karen’s page or the Next Blog button to see what Tara’s been up to!
Have fun on the hop! 🙂
Connect with me! https://campsite.bio/stampsnlingers
HOST CODE FOR 1 MAY – 15 MAY: Q7H6KS77
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift (AND the Monthly Card Tutorial) from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in any active Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Customer Rewards page for full details.
Note: Make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards!
You’ll also be getting a link to my ZOOM The Craftroom (an exclusive TWICE-A-WEEK online event for my customers) and the monthly Online Tutorial. The May Tutorial features the Happiness Abounds Bundle!
CHECK OUT THIS AMAZEBALLS STARTER KIT SPECIAL!!
If you’ve been on the fence about joining the team and getting all the great perks of being a Demonstrator, well…THIS is the time to pull the trigger! I just mixed my metaphors here but…you know what I mean! THIS is a great time to join the team and pick up your very own Stampin’ Up! Starter Kit!!
During the month of May – Stampin’ Up! is offering a most amazeballs SPECIAL JOINING BONUS.
This month only, when you join Stampin’ Up!, you’ll get $66.50 in FREE 2022-2024 In Color merchandise over and above the $125 of products that you normally get with your Starter Kit and the free business supplies, free shipping, a free paper Pumpkin Kit and all the fun being a part of Stampin’ Up!
The Starter Kit is only $99 + tax!! And if you join between 3 – 31 May 2022, you’ll get all this:
- $125 Stampin’ Up! merchandise of your choice
- $66.50 in 2022-2024 In Color merchandise
- 2022–2024 In Color Grid Paper (item 160009)
- 2022–2024 In Color Ink Pad Collection (item 161108)
- 2022–2024 In Color Cardstock Collection (item 159204)
- 2022–2024 In Color 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper Assortments (item 159253)
- Free business supplies and catalogs
- Free past Paper Pumpkin Kit
- Free shipping!!
Why be a Demonstrator? Well…once you join, you’re going to get:
- At least a 20% discount on everything that you order as a Demonstrator!
- Early peeks at new release items and preorders for new items for about a month before they are available to purchase!
- The ability to attend Demonstrator exclusive Stampin’ Up! events!
- No pressure to sell to anyone, hold classes or workshops or run a business. You can simply order for yourself and get the discount! And as long as you have at least $300 in sales per quarter, you’ll continue as an active Demonstrator and continue to get the discount. If you aren’t able to maintain the $300 per quarter minimums, you simply go back to being a customer, no commitment required and no penalty if decide that being a Demonstrator isn’t right for you.
- If you DO decide that you want a side hustle – then you’ll find that Stampin’ Up! DOES have an extensive library of class and project ideas for those wishing to jump into hosting classes as well as training to help start your business, should you choose to do that. And – of course, I’m always here to help with whatever you need! 🙂
Why join with me?
- The Critters-N-Creatin’ Krew (CNCK for short!) has a fun Facebook page where we chat and share our projects and you can even win fun prizes!.
- Monthly team meetings via video conference where we talk about the latest happenings at Stampin’ Up! and share project ideas. Even though we’re located all over the United States the power of the internet lets us get together “in person” online and have lots of fun chatting!
- Free access to our online class tutorials.
- Team giveaways and prizes! We do fun giveaways and prizes for sharing projects and for reaching sales and team goals.
- Have I mentioned we’re a pretty fun group of folks? No?? Well – we totally are – and we’d love to have you join us!
Got questions about joining? Drop me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org! I’d be happy to chat with you more about it and I would LOVE to have you join my awesome CNCK team!
Ready to join us?? Click on the banner below to head over to my Stampin’ Up! website and get started!
Hope I see your name come across my e-mail SOON! 🙂
Get the Stampin’ Up! Products Used in this Project:
Card Cuts Used in This Project:
Sahara Sand Cardstock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base, scored and folded at 5 1/2″)
Old Olive Cardstock: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (x2 – mats for card front and for inner liner)
Basic White Cardstock: Happy Forest Die cut label (sentiment); 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (inner liner)
Happy Forest Friends DSP: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (card front); 3 1/4″ x 4 7/8″ (banner); 3″ x 6″ (envelope flap)
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!