Hey y’all – it’s Sunday, which means I’ve got another fun challenge for you from the Paper Players – Ann’s got a fun Tic-Tac-Toe challenge for us this week! 🙂 I LOVE Tic-Tac-Toe challenges and I know it’ll give YOUR creative mojo a bump, too! So I hope you’ll come and play along with us!
One of the cool perks for Stampin’ Up! demonstrators who hit $1M in career sales is the opportunity to work with SU! designers and create “their” stamp set. Hmmm… assuming I EVER got there…Australian Shepherd? Under some Pine Trees? With a Pony?? Sounds amazing!
I used one of those $1M Sales Achiever sets today – it’s called the Life is Beautiful set. It’s a bit of a CASE from the Aug – Dec 2020 Mini Catalog samples! I paired it with a Celebration Labels die, some Poinsettia Place DSP and the lovely Gold Cards and Envelopes. Take a look-see:
And…here’s our Paper Players Tic-Tac-Toe challenge this week – I do hope you’ll come and play along with us! Let’s see…I went across the top, down the right side, thru the mid….oh. Huh. If I’d made my sentiment a Thank You…I’d have had Yahtzee!! 😉
I played along with the Inspire. Create. challenge….
And it also played well with the Global Design Project challenge!
I started with one of the Gold Cards (check these out on page 51 in the mini – they’re gorgeous!) for my card base. I adhered a panel of wood-grain Poinsettia Place DSP at an angle using Liquid Glue.
Next, I embossed a piece of Very Vanilla in the Pinewood Planks 3D Embossing Folder and adhered it as well with Liquid Glue.
Using my Stamparatus, I stamped the tree trunk image from Life Is Beautiful in Soft Suede ink. Then I added some of the stylized flowers/leaves in stamped-off-once Terracotta Tile, and full strength Mango Melody and Bumble Bee. For each of the colors, I stamped the image twice without re-inking (that helps to give depth and more colors – without using more colors!).
Then I added the sweet birdhouse in Soft Suede – and cut the image with the third-from-smallest (that’s the middle sized die!) Celebration Labels Dies – making sure the tree “spilled” off the edge.
On another small piece of Very Vanilla, I stamped the birdhouse image again in stamped-off-once Terracotta Tile ink and fussy cut just the house. That little house got popped over the stamped image with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
I used Stampin’ Seal Adhesive to add two short lengths of Terracotta Tile ribbon from the Ornate Garden Ribbon Combo Pack.
I stamped the Life is Beautiful sentiment in Terracotta Tile ink on Very Vanilla and cut it with the smallest rectangle Stitched So Sweetly die. This is popped over the ribbon with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I added a few Bumble Bee 2020-2022 In Color Enamel Dots, popped the die cut onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals, and the card front was done!
On the inside, I stamped the Life is Beautiful birdhouse in Soft Suede in the corner of a Very Vanilla panel. A few of the flowers/leaves around the birdhouse seemed right, too!
I used Liquid Glue to adhere it – and a Poinsettia Place DSP mat – at angles on the inside of the card – and the card was done!
The front of the coordinating Gold Envelope got the birdhouse image three times in Soft Suede…
And – I left the already-shimmery-gold envelope flap in its natural state! 😉
Et Voila! Life Is Beautiful is a gorgeous stamp set – with different “leaves” to use to change up the look/season of your tree!
Lee Ann Greff did a great job, didn’t she?? I hope you like – and will add this one to your stash!
If you want to recreate this card – all the Stampin’ Up! products you need are listed down below along with the card cuts!
Now – before you reach for your ink and papers, check out what our amazing team has created to inspire you this week:
The Paper Players Design Team
P.S. Be sure to check out the update on my Iowa fundraiser – we’ve done GOOD – and…I’ve added a SECOND Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine to the pot! But…we’ve got some work to do before the end of the month! 🙂
HOST CODE FOR 16 AUG – 31 AUG: QSHFG3TX
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift (AND the Monthly Card Tutorial) from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in any active Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details. The August Tutorial features the Autumn Goodness Bundle!
My Fundraiser to Help Iowa – ends TOMORROW!!
On 10 August, the state of Iowa was hit with a derecho storm. If you have seen any videos of it – it truly looked like a hurricane had hit Iowa. Uhm – because it totally had – winds in the 100+mph range (that’s Cat 2 territory, folks!) With no warning to speak of. To say it was devastating is a bit of an understatement! 🙁
As a result of the storm, at least 43% of the corn and soybeans grown in the state were lost. Which will be seen in the supermarkets where you and I get our food! But beyond all that – many in that state are hurting, have lost their homes, schools and businesses and some are still without power (12+ days after the storm and with daytime temps in the 90’s ). Many farm families lost everything and are left with a huge mess to clean up prior to planting next spring. With so much destruction, they can really use our help!
There’s an organization in Cedar Rapids, IA, called the Iowa Giving Crew, a Cedar Rapids based non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that’s helping to get power restored to those still waiting, is feeding those in need, provides 3 meals a day and is helping with the cleanup. They’ve got a Facebook page that you can see here with photos and details about the help they’re providing.
In an effort to help, I’ve set a goal of donating $500 to the Iowa Giving Crew.
How can you help me help them??
Place a Stampin’ Up! Order Or Donate Directly!
There are two ways you can help me to reach my goal:
Shop Online: For any orders placed through my online store between now and 31 August 2020 I’ll be donating 20% of your merchandise total to the Iowa Giving Crew.
- 20% of orders placed through my online store between now and 31 August 2020 will be donated to the Iowa Giving Crew.
- You’ll earn Peppermint Points and a thank you gift from me with all orders of $50! See my host code details below.
- Anyone ordering $50+ will be entered to win a new Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine from me to be given away on 1 September 2020! See the details below.
Make a Donation of $25+ directly to the Iowa Giving Crew:
- Anyone worldwide is welcome to make a donation to the charity directly via Venmo or PayPal to help (see the details to donate on the Iowa Giving Crew website here).
- For those in the US, send me a screenshot of the receipt for your donation of $25+ to the Iowa Giving Crew to firstname.lastname@example.org and you’ll be entered to win the new Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine* to be given away on 1 September! See the details below.
- If you order $50+ through my Stampin’ Up! store AND donate at least $25 directly to the Iowa Giving Crew, your name will be entered twice to win the machine!
Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine Giveaway
As an added bonus, I’ll enter anyone who either orders $50+ through my online store between now and 31 August 2020 OR who makes a direct donation* to the Iowa Giving Crew by 31 August 2020 into a drawing for a brand new Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine!
*Please note: Per Stampin’ Up! rules, I’m only allowed to ship the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine to addresses in the United States or military APO addresses. Only those with US/APO shipping addresses will be eligible to win the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine. Anyone outside the US is welcome to donate but will not be eligible to win the machine. Orders and/or Donations must be placed by midnight MT on 31 August 2020 to be entered to win the machine. One winner of the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine will be randomly chosen on Tuesday, 1 September from all of the entries received.
Drop me an email at email@example.com with any questions. I so appreciate your help and donations to help the good folks in Iowa!! #iowastrong #derecho2020
UPDATE!! Right now, we’re over $500! YEAH!!
Since there are still a few days left … I’ve decided to add a SECOND Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine if we hit $1000 in combined donations by the end of the day on 31 Aug!!
AWESOME JOINING SPECIAL COMING IN SEPTEMBER!!
Watch for more details – but…here’s the gist! 🙂
- New demonstrators who join before 1 September or after 30 September will not be eligible for this promotion.
- In addition to the regular starter kit – pay $99 plus tax and choose $125 worth of products! – you’ll ALSO receive…
- 16 pre-cut and individually-packaged cards packs – including envelopes!
- 8 packs of precut cardstock of the coastal cabana pack
- 8 packs of precut cardstock of the Granny Apple Green pack
- A pack of Rhinestone Basic Jewels
- The So Much Love stamp set
- The Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set!
- Use these extra goodies to make samples (using the “recipes” you’ll ALSO get!) – hold an event with your friends or…for whatever you like!
- Important note: Ink, adhesive, cutting tool, and clear block for stamping must be purchased separately. However, these products may be included as part of the Starter Kit product selection.
There’s lots of great reasons to join Stampin’ Up! and I’d love to have you join my team! See all the bennies here – and watch for more details as we get closer to September! If you’ve got questions, give me a shout and we can chat! 🙂
TOMORROW IS THE LAST DAY
TO REDEEM THOSE BONUS DAYS COUPONS!!
YOU earned them – now….you get to redeem them for awesome Stampin’ Up! Products – just in time for the release of the Aug – Dec 2020 Mini Catalog!!
Here’s the Deets!
- There’s no limit to the number of coupon codes you can use on an order during redemption.
- Bonus Days coupon codes may be redeemed for any product (excluding Starter Kits and Paper Pumpkin monthly subscriptions).
- New PREPAID Paper Pumpkin codes MAY be discounted using Bonus Days coupon codes.
- Bonus Days coupon codes WILL REDUCE the retail amount of an order – and might affect your Stampin’ Rewards (which are based on the AFTER-COUPON amount!)
- Bonus Days coupon codes may be redeemed one time only.
Get the Stampin’ Up! Products Used in These Projects:
Card Cuts Used in This Project:
Gold Card & Envelope: card base
Very Vanilla Card Stock: Middle Celebration Labels Die Cut (art) ; 3 1/2″ x 4 3/4″ (embossed card front and inner liner); 3/4″ x 1 3/4″ Stitched So Sweetly die cut (sentiment); fussy cut Life is Beautiful birdhouse
In Good Taste DSP: 3 1/2″ x 4 3/4″ (mat for card front and for inner liner); envelope flap
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Finn just wanted to share some pretty!
Appears the Peace Rose survived the Japanese Beetle Plague! I think it was touch-and-go there for a second….
Artsy….from below against a cloudy sky.