Good morning and welcome to the week! Hope you had an awesome weekend and are ready to get back to it. Whatever “it” is for you these days!
We stuck close to home – doing some work around the place. There’s ALWAYS work to be done, right? Kind of like painting the Golden Gate Bridge. By the time the paint crew gets all the way across the bridge -it’s time to go back to the other side and start all over! LOL!
I did take a little time to make a couple of cards and the one I’ve got for you today is quick, easy, clean and simple! So…TOTALLY not my normal card! 😉 It uses the fun Festive Post (another fly-over set in the Aug – Dec 2020 Mini Catalog) and the coordinating Rectangular Postage Stamp Punch (in the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog!). Take a look-see:
The layout for this one is from this week’s Freshly Made Sketches challenge!
I started with a piece of Whisper White card stock and embossed it in the Cobwebs 3D Embossing Folder.
And…then? I put that one in my stash and pulled out ANOTHER Whisper White panel. Cuz…I needed to stamp the sentiment and bats on FIRST! TIP – Stamp and THEN emboss. Trust me on this! 😉
In order to get everything in the right spot, I needed my two Rectangular Postage Stamp punched shapes first!
On a piece of Whisper White, I stamped the Festive Post broom image in Early Espresso. I colored the broom with my Bumble Bee and Cajun Craze Stampin’ Write Markers. Then I punched it with the Rectangular Postage Stamp punch. I also punched a piece of Pretty Peacock paper from the Magic In This Night DSP.
I laid the two pieces on my NOT-embossed Whisper White panel and then I stamped the sentiment from the Festive Post stamp set in Cajun Craze. I added some Pretty Peacock bats, too.
THEN – I embossed the panel in the Cobwebs 3D Embossing Folder. 😉
I used Liquid Glue to adhere the panel to a Cajun Craze mat for the card front.
I adhered the Magic In This Night DSP punched shape to the card front with Liquid Glue. Then I popped the broom-stamped punch on with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I added a single Iridescent Pearl to the DSP punch and the card front was done!
On the inside, I added the Festive Post brooms and Pretty Peacock bats to a Whisper White panel.
I used Liquid Glue to adhere the panel to a Cajun Craze mat and into my Pretty Peacock card base, popped the card front on with Stampin’ Dimensionals and the card was done!
My Whisper White Medium Envelope got more brooms and bats on the front…
…and more Magic In This Night DSP on the envelope flap.
Et Voila! This is a fun little stamp set – and I love that it coordinates with the Rectangular Postage Stamp Punch which you can get alone – or bundled with the Posted For You stamp set in the Annual Catalog! More bang for that crafting buck!
I hope you like! 🙂
If you want to recreate this card – all the Stampin’ Up! products you need are listed down below along with the car
HOST CODE FOR 16 AUG – 31 AUG: QSHFG3TX
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift (AND the Monthly Card Tutorial) from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in any active Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details. The August Tutorial features the Autumn Goodness Bundle!
Fundraiser to Help Iowa!
One of the huge weather events (in a long list of them this past few weeks) – that really did NOT get a lot of attention! – is the derecho that hit Iowa a couple of weeks ago. If you have seen any videos of it – it truly looked like a hurricane had hit Iowa. Uhm – because it totally had – winds in the 100+mph range (that’s Cat 2 territory, folks!) With no warning to speak of. To say it was devastating is a bit of an understatement! 🙁
Imagine that same wind rolling across corn and soybean fields – destroying crops and infrastructure.
Why do I care? Well, I’ve got friends thru Stampin’ Up! that live in Iowa (fortunately safe!). One of them, who is also my team mate – gifted me with a subscription to Our Iowa Magazine last year. She was trying to convince me of the beauty of her “fly-over state”! Well – I read that magazine and…was convinced! No – STILL not going to move there, cuz…SNOW!! 😉
Why should we ALL care? As a result of the storm, at least 43% of the corn and soybeans grown in the state were lost. Which will be seen in the supermarkets where you and I get our food! But beyond all that – many in that state are hurting, have lost their homes, schools and businesses and some are still without power (12+ days after the storm and with daytime temps in the 90’s ). Many farm families lost everything and are left with a huge mess to clean up prior to planting next spring. With so much destruction, they can really use our help!
There’s an organization in Cedar Rapids, IA, called the Iowa Giving Crew, a Cedar Rapids based non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that’s helping to get power restored to those still waiting, is feeding those in need, provides 3 meals a day and is helping with the cleanup. They’ve got a Facebook page that you can see here with photos and details about the help they’re providing.
I decided to follow Amy’s lead and set a goal of donating $500 to the Iowa Giving Crew.
How can you help me help them??
Place a Stampin’ Up! Order Or Donate Directly!
There are two ways you can help me to reach my goal:
Shop Online: For any orders placed through my online store between now and 31 August 2020 I’ll be donating 20% of your merchandise total to the Iowa Giving Crew.
- 20% of orders placed through my online store between now and 31 August 2020 will be donated to the Iowa Giving Crew.
- You’ll earn Peppermint Points and a thank you gift from me with all orders of $50! See my host code details below.
- Anyone ordering $50+ will be entered to win a new Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine from me to be given away on 1 September 2020! See the details below.
Make a Donation of $25+ directly to the Iowa Giving Crew:
- Anyone worldwide is welcome to make a donation to the charity directly via Venmo or PayPal to help (see the details to donate on the Iowa Giving Crew website here).
- For those in the US, send me a screenshot of the receipt for your donation of $25+ to the Iowa Giving Crew to firstname.lastname@example.org and you’ll be entered to win the new Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine* to be given away on 1 September! See the details below.
- If you order $50+ through my Stampin’ Up! store AND donate at least $25 directly to the Iowa Giving Crew, your name will be entered twice to win the machine!
Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine Giveaway
As an added bonus, I’ll enter anyone who either orders $50+ through my online store between now and 31 August 2020 OR who makes a direct donation* to the Iowa Giving Crew by 31 August 2020 into a drawing for a brand new Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine!
*Please note: Per Stampin’ Up! rules, I’m only allowed to ship the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine to addresses in the United States or military APO addresses. Only those with US/APO shipping addresses will be eligible to win the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine. Anyone outside the US is welcome to donate but will not be eligible to win the machine. Orders and/or Donations must be placed by midnight MT on 31 August 2020 to be entered to win the machine. One winner of the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine will be randomly chosen on Tuesday, 1 September from all of the entries received.
Drop me an email at email@example.com with any questions. I so appreciate your help and donations to help the good folks in Iowa!! #iowastrong #derecho2020
AWESOME JOINING SPECIAL COMING IN SEPTEMBER!!
Watch for more details – but…here’s the gist! 🙂
- New demonstrators who join before 1 September or after 30 September will not be eligible for this promotion.
- In addition to the regular starter kit – pay $99 plus tax and choose $125 worth of products! – you’ll ALSO receive…
- 16 pre-cut and individually-packaged cards packs – including envelopes!
- 8 packs of precut cardstock of the coastal cabana pack
- 8 packs of precut cardstock of the Granny Apple Green pack
- A pack of Rhinestone Basic Jewels
- The So Much Love stamp set
- The Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set!
- 16 pre-cut and individually-packaged cards packs – including envelopes!
- Use these extra goodies to make samples (using the “recipes” you’ll ALSO get!) – hold an event with your friends or…for whatever you like!
- Important note: Ink, adhesive, cutting tool, and clear block for stamping must be purchased separately. However, these products may be included as part of the Starter Kit product selection.
There’s lots of great reasons to join Stampin’ Up! and I’d love to have you join my team! See all the bennies here – and watch for more details as we get closer to September! If you’ve got questions, give me a shout and we can chat! 🙂
TIME TO REDEEM THOSE BONUS DAYS COUPONS!!
YOU earned them – now….you get to redeem them for awesome Stampin’ Up! Products – just in time for the release of the Aug – Dec 2020 Mini Catalog!!
Here’s the Deets!
- There’s no limit to the number of coupon codes you can use on an order during redemption.
- Bonus Days coupon codes may be redeemed for any product (excluding Starter Kits and Paper Pumpkin monthly subscriptions).
- New PREPAID Paper Pumpkin codes MAY be discounted using Bonus Days coupon codes.
- Bonus Days coupon codes WILL REDUCE the retail amount of an order – and might affect your Stampin’ Rewards (which are based on the AFTER-COUPON amount!)
- Bonus Days coupon codes may be redeemed one time only.
Get the Stampin’ Up! Products Used in These Projects:
Card Cuts Used in This Project:
Pretty Peacock Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base, scored and folded at 5 1/2″)
Cajun Craze Card Stock: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (mats for card front and for inner liner)
Whisper White Card Stock: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (card front and inner liner); Rectangular Postage Stamped Festive Post Image
Magic in This Night DSP: Rectangular Postage Stamp punched shape; envelope flap
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Finn Fan Fix
Once the equipment is in place, Wayne did some prepping on the post site.
Even with all the equipment he has, the poor guy STILL has to dig-like-a-dog with an old fashioned post-hole digger.
We can go to the moon….. 🤷♀️
Finn – thankfully – was supervising. This is a pretty critical step in the process and it has to be JUST right.
At one point – there was something needed inspecting in the bottom of the hole.
Like ANY good supervisor, Finn knows it’s important to let your workers do their job unencumbered by too much oversight. Micro-management is bad for worker morale and is NOT his style of leadership.
Dad’s got this – time for a quick glamor shot, Mom.
Every internet sensation needs a good head-shot in his portfolio.