Happy Monday, y’all! And – happy end of August. Can you even believe it?!?
Couple of BIG things ending today!
- If you haven’t donated at least $25 to the Iowa Giving Crew – OR placed an order of at least $50 with me – get that done by the end of the day. I’ll give 20% of the retail for orders – and direct donations and orders will get your name in the drawing for a brand spanking new Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine! And – if we can hit $1000 in donations (by the time I check my e-mail tomorrow morning!) – I’ll give away TWO new machines! 😉
- Today is ALSO the last day to redeem your Bonus Days coupons if you haven’t already!! Don’t miss out!
- And – today is the LAST day you have to wait to order your new standard sized Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine!
- ANNNNNDD – today is the LAST day you have to wait to join the team and take advantage of the most awesome Get & Go Starter Kit Promotion. Not to worry – I’ll bring you more info on these tomorrow! 🙂
For today – how about a card? I pulled out a few oceany stamp sets, the Waterfront and Whale Done sets, plus the Seabed 3D Embossing Folder for this one. Take a look-see:
The layout for this one is from the CAS Colors & Sketches sketch challenge this week.
The colors come from the Color Throwdown challenge.
And those colors led me to work with the challenge at The Card Concept. I’d call my card style clean-layered! 🙂
And – birthday’s are for sure occasions so….Watercooler Wednesday had the perfect challenge!
I started with a piece of Whisper White card stock that I embossed in the Seabed 3D Embossing Folder and matted on Mango Melody for the card front.
I cut a strip of Whisper White and punched the end into a banner with the Banner Triple Punch. Then, I used Stampin’ Sponge wedges to sponge a sunset. From the bottom up, I started with So Saffron, then blended in some Mango Melody, followed by Flirty Flamingo and ending with Terracotta Tile.
I inked the sun image from the Waterfront set in Terracotta Tile ink, stamped it once on scrap paper and added it to the strip.
Then I placed the banner into my Stamparatus and used it to stamp the sentiment from Whale Done in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. I also used the Stamparatus to stamp the tree trunks and palm tree tops from Waterfront in Tuxedo Black.
I popped the banner onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I used a couple of Glue Dots to adhere two short lengths of Terracotta Tile 1/2″ Scalloped Linen Ribbon to the top of the banner, then added a double-loop Linen Thread bow.
A few Pumpkin Pie gems from the Holiday Rhinestone Basic Jewels finished off the card front.
On the inside, I stamped the Whale Done sentiment in Tuxedo Black on a Whisper White panel. Then I added some Mango Melody fishes and So Saffron fish-breath-bubbles. And – another Holiday Rhinestone, too!
I used Liquid Glue to adhere the panel to a Mango Melody mat and into my Terracotta Tile card base, popped the card front on with Stampin’ Dimensionals and the card was done!
My Whisper White Medium Envelope got more Whale Done fishes and bubbles on the front…
…and a little Whale of a Time DSP on the envelope flap!
Et Voila! Seaside sunset, anyone? Yes please! And if you can’t be there in person – let the Waterfront and Whale Done sets get you “there”!
I hope you like!
If you want to recreate this card – all the Stampin’ Up! products you need are listed down below along with the card cuts!
P.S. Be sure to check out the update on my Iowa fundraiser – we’ve done GOOD – and…I’ve added a SECOND Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine to the pot! But…we’ve got some work to do before the end of today if we want to give away that second machine! 🙂
HOST CODE FOR 16 AUG – 31 AUG: QSHFG3TX
HOST CODE FOR 1 SEP – 15 SEP: AN7AK7HC
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift (AND the Monthly Card Tutorial) from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in any active Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details. The August Tutorial features the Autumn Goodness Bundle!
My Fundraiser to Help Iowa – ends TODAY!!
On 10 August, the state of Iowa was hit with a derecho storm. If you have seen any videos of it – it truly looked like a hurricane had hit Iowa. Uhm – because it totally had – winds in the 100+mph range (that’s Cat 2 territory, folks!) With no warning to speak of. To say it was devastating is a bit of an understatement! 🙁
As a result of the storm, at least 43% of the corn and soybeans grown in the state were lost. Which will be seen in the supermarkets where you and I get our food! But beyond all that – many in that state are hurting, have lost their homes, schools and businesses and some are still without power (12+ days after the storm and with daytime temps in the 90’s ). Many farm families lost everything and are left with a huge mess to clean up prior to planting next spring. With so much destruction, they can really use our help!
There’s an organization in Cedar Rapids, IA, called the Iowa Giving Crew, a Cedar Rapids based non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that’s helping to get power restored to those still waiting, is feeding those in need, provides 3 meals a day and is helping with the cleanup. They’ve got a Facebook page that you can see here with photos and details about the help they’re providing.
In an effort to help, I’ve set a goal of donating $500 to the Iowa Giving Crew.
How can you help me help them??
Place a Stampin’ Up! Order Or Donate Directly!
There are two ways you can help me to reach my goal:
Shop Online: For any orders placed through my online store between now and 31 August 2020 I’ll be donating 20% of your merchandise total to the Iowa Giving Crew.
- 20% of orders placed through my online store between now and 31 August 2020 will be donated to the Iowa Giving Crew.
- You’ll earn Peppermint Points and a thank you gift from me with all orders of $50! See my host code details below.
- Anyone ordering $50+ will be entered to win a new Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine from me to be given away on 1 September 2020! See the details below.
Make a Donation of $25+ directly to the Iowa Giving Crew:
- Anyone worldwide is welcome to make a donation to the charity directly via Venmo or PayPal to help (see the details to donate on the Iowa Giving Crew website here).
- For those in the US, send me a screenshot of the receipt for your donation of $25+ to the Iowa Giving Crew to firstname.lastname@example.org and you’ll be entered to win the new Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine* to be given away on 1 September! See the details below.
- If you order $50+ through my Stampin’ Up! store AND donate at least $25 directly to the Iowa Giving Crew, your name will be entered twice to win the machine!
Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine Giveaway
As an added bonus, I’ll enter anyone who either orders $50+ through my online store between now and 31 August 2020 OR who makes a direct donation* to the Iowa Giving Crew by 31 August 2020 into a drawing for a brand new Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine!
*Please note: Per Stampin’ Up! rules, I’m only allowed to ship the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine to addresses in the United States or military APO addresses. Only those with US/APO shipping addresses will be eligible to win the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine. Anyone outside the US is welcome to donate but will not be eligible to win the machine. Orders and/or Donations must be placed by midnight MT on 31 August 2020 to be entered to win the machine. One winner of the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine will be randomly chosen on Tuesday, 1 September from all of the entries received.
Drop me an email at email@example.com with any questions. I so appreciate your help and donations to help the good folks in Iowa!! #iowastrong #derecho2020
UPDATE!! Right now, we’re over $640! YEAH!!
Remember, there’s a SECOND Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine up for grabs! If we hit $1000 in combined donations by the end of the day TODAY – then TWO people who place orders during the fundraiser will be receiving a brand new Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine!!
AWESOME JOINING SPECIAL STARTS TOMORROW!!
Here’s the deets! 🙂
- New demonstrators who join before 1 September or after 30 September will not be eligible for this promotion.
- In addition to the regular starter kit – pay $99 plus tax and choose $125 worth of products! – you’ll ALSO receive…
- 16 pre-cut and individually-packaged cards packs – including envelopes!
- 8 packs of precut cardstock of the coastal cabana pack
- 8 packs of precut cardstock of the Granny Apple Green pack
- A pack of Rhinestone Basic Jewels
- The So Much Love stamp set
- The Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set!
- 16 pre-cut and individually-packaged cards packs – including envelopes!
- Use these extra goodies to make samples (using the “recipes” you’ll ALSO get!) – hold an event with your friends or…for whatever you like! Just like to get a lot of cards made fast – this is a great tool!
- Important note: Ink, adhesive, cutting tool, and clear block for stamping must be purchased separately. However, these products may be included as part of the Starter Kit product selection.
There’re lots of great reasons to join Stampin’ Up! and I’d love to have you join my team!
- Enjoy a 20% discount on all of your Stampin’ UP! Purchases – and that discount can go up!
- Receive new catalogs EARLY
- Order new product EARLY
- Attend virtual and in person demonstrator only events
- Join our online Critters-N-Creatin’ Krew community of over 35 Members in our private FB group
- Enjoy hostess benefits (Stampin’ Rewards) just the same as customers – yes, in ADDITION to your Discount! 😉
- You choose whether you want to simply enjoy the discount, new friends and lots of ideas or whether you’d like to start building a business anytime. No pressure – EVER!
- If you’ve got questions, give me a shout and we can chat! 🙂
TODAY IS THE LAST DAY
TO REDEEM THOSE BONUS DAYS COUPONS!!
YOU earned them – now….you get to redeem them for awesome Stampin’ Up! Products – just in time for the release of the Aug – Dec 2020 Mini Catalog!!
Here’s the Deets!
- There’s no limit to the number of coupon codes you can use on an order during redemption.
- Bonus Days coupon codes may be redeemed for any product (excluding Starter Kits and Paper Pumpkin monthly subscriptions).
- New PREPAID Paper Pumpkin codes MAY be discounted using Bonus Days coupon codes.
- Bonus Days coupon codes WILL REDUCE the retail amount of an order – and might affect your Stampin’ Rewards (which are based on the AFTER-COUPON amount!)
- Bonus Days coupon codes may be redeemed one time only.
Get the Stampin’ Up! Products Used in These Projects:
Card Cuts Used in This Project:
Terracotta Tile Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base, scored and folded at 5 1/2″ )
Mango Melody Card Stock: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (mats for card front and for inner liner)
Whisper White Card Stock: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (card front and inner liner); 2″ x 4 1/4″ (art/sentiment banner)
Whale of a Time DSP: envelope flap
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Finn Fan Fix
Foot hygiene is very important.
Even – or maybe ESPECIALLY! – if your feet are paws with hair tufts all over them!
You have to really apply yourself and get into every nook and cranny.
Here’s a paw cleaning tip that you’re welcome to use the next time you’re cleaning your paws.
Really turn your paw bottom-side-up and then really did your tongue in.
Don’t worry – it’s kinda hard the first few times but…keep practicing. You’ll get it!
And then YOUR paw tufts will be just as clean as Finn’s! 😉