Happy happy HAWWMP Day, y’all! Hope your week is going well! We’re about ready to harvest mushrooms around here – we’ve had so much rain that we’ve got fungus a-mung-us! On the arena – behind the house – next to the driveway. White ones – red ones – orange ones – speckled ones.
No. We don’t eat them. Wayne is pretty certain that at least some of them are edible.
I am equally certain that I will NEVER know! 😉
My card today is a simple one – clean, even! I know – it’s sort of surprising! But – miracles happen! I used the sweet little Beautiful Autumn Bundle to put together a pretty thank you card. Take a look-see:
The layout for this one is from this week’s CAS(E) This Sketch challenge.
And the color palette is from the As You See It challenge.
I started with a Whisper White panel and stamped the sentiment from Beautiful Autumn in Bermuda Bay.
Under the sentiment, in Crushed Curry, I added the wheat image a few times. Then I matted the panel on Bermuda Bay.
Where the wheat came together, I added a large leaf in Cajun Craze and a smaller one in Crushed Curry. I filled the leaves with stamped-off-once ink – Crushed Curry for the Cajun Craze leaf and Cajun Craze for the Crushed Curry leaf.
On another piece of Whisper White, I stamped a few more leaves in the same colors and punched them out with the fun little punches in the Autumn Punch Pack (bundled with Beautiful Autumn for a 10% savings!).
I used Liquid Glue to adhere the punched leaves onto the card front.
I added a single leaf in the bottom corner, too – cuz…it’s cute! 😉
I tied a double-length Linen Thread simple bow and adhered it with a Glue Dot and the card front was done!
On the inside, I added a second Beautiful Autumn sentiment in Bermuda Bay on Whisper White. Then I stamped a leaf in Cajun Craze and stamped-off-once Crushed Curry next to it.
I used Liquid Glue to adhere the panel to a Bermuda Bay mat and into my Whisper White card base and the card was done!
My Whisper White Medium Envelope got more leaves on the front…
…and another couple on the envelope flap!
Et Voila! This Beautiful Autumn Bundle is awfully fun – with its leaves and acorn and pine cone. And wonderful sentiments to go along with! Add in the sweet three-punch Autumn Punch Pack – and you’ve got a real winner!
I hope you like!
If you want to recreate this card – all the Stampin’ Up! products you need are listed down below along with the car
HOST CODE FOR 16 AUG – 31 AUG: QSHFG3TX
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift (AND the Monthly Card Tutorial) from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in any active Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details. The August Tutorial features the Autumn Goodness Bundle!
My Fundraiser to Help Iowa – ends in Five Days!!
One of the huge weather events (in a long list of them this past few weeks) – that really did NOT get a lot of attention! – is the derecho that hit Iowa a couple of weeks ago. If you have seen any videos of it – it truly looked like a hurricane had hit Iowa. Uhm – because it totally had – winds in the 100+mph range (that’s Cat 2 territory, folks!) With no warning to speak of. To say it was devastating is a bit of an understatement! 🙁
Imagine that same wind rolling across corn and soybean fields – destroying crops and infrastructure.
Why do I care? Well, I’ve got friends thru Stampin’ Up! that live in Iowa (fortunately safe!). One of them, who is also my team mate – gifted me with a subscription to Our Iowa Magazine last year. She was trying to convince me of the beauty of her “fly-over state”! Well – I read that magazine and…was convinced! No – STILL not going to move there, cuz…SNOW!! 😉
Why should we ALL care? As a result of the storm, at least 43% of the corn and soybeans grown in the state were lost. Which will be seen in the supermarkets where you and I get our food! But beyond all that – many in that state are hurting, have lost their homes, schools and businesses and some are still without power (12+ days after the storm and with daytime temps in the 90’s ). Many farm families lost everything and are left with a huge mess to clean up prior to planting next spring. With so much destruction, they can really use our help!
There’s an organization in Cedar Rapids, IA, called the Iowa Giving Crew, a Cedar Rapids based non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that’s helping to get power restored to those still waiting, is feeding those in need, provides 3 meals a day and is helping with the cleanup. They’ve got a Facebook page that you can see here with photos and details about the help they’re providing.
I decided to follow Amy’s lead and set a goal of donating $500 to the Iowa Giving Crew.
How can you help me help them??
Place a Stampin’ Up! Order Or Donate Directly!
There are two ways you can help me to reach my goal:
Shop Online: For any orders placed through my online store between now and 31 August 2020 I’ll be donating 20% of your merchandise total to the Iowa Giving Crew.
- 20% of orders placed through my online store between now and 31 August 2020 will be donated to the Iowa Giving Crew.
- You’ll earn Peppermint Points and a thank you gift from me with all orders of $50! See my host code details below.
- Anyone ordering $50+ will be entered to win a new Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine from me to be given away on 1 September 2020! See the details below.
Make a Donation of $25+ directly to the Iowa Giving Crew:
- Anyone worldwide is welcome to make a donation to the charity directly via Venmo or PayPal to help (see the details to donate on the Iowa Giving Crew website here).
- For those in the US, send me a screenshot of the receipt for your donation of $25+ to the Iowa Giving Crew to email@example.com and you’ll be entered to win the new Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine* to be given away on 1 September! See the details below.
- If you order $50+ through my Stampin’ Up! store AND donate at least $25 directly to the Iowa Giving Crew, your name will be entered twice to win the machine!
Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine Giveaway
As an added bonus, I’ll enter anyone who either orders $50+ through my online store between now and 31 August 2020 OR who makes a direct donation* to the Iowa Giving Crew by 31 August 2020 into a drawing for a brand new Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine!
*Please note: Per Stampin’ Up! rules, I’m only allowed to ship the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine to addresses in the United States or military APO addresses. Only those with US/APO shipping addresses will be eligible to win the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine. Anyone outside the US is welcome to donate but will not be eligible to win the machine. Orders and/or Donations must be placed by midnight MT on 31 August 2020 to be entered to win the machine. One winner of the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine will be randomly chosen on Tuesday, 1 September from all of the entries received.
Drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. I so appreciate your help and donations to help the good folks in Iowa!! #iowastrong #derecho2020
AWESOME JOINING SPECIAL COMING IN SEPTEMBER!!
Watch for more details – but…here’s the gist! 🙂
- New demonstrators who join before 1 September or after 30 September will not be eligible for this promotion.
- In addition to the regular starter kit – pay $99 plus tax and choose $125 worth of products! – you’ll ALSO receive…
- 16 pre-cut and individually-packaged cards packs – including envelopes!
- 8 packs of precut cardstock of the coastal cabana pack
- 8 packs of precut cardstock of the Granny Apple Green pack
- A pack of Rhinestone Basic Jewels
- The So Much Love stamp set
- The Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set!
- 16 pre-cut and individually-packaged cards packs – including envelopes!
- Use these extra goodies to make samples (using the “recipes” you’ll ALSO get!) – hold an event with your friends or…for whatever you like!
- Important note: Ink, adhesive, cutting tool, and clear block for stamping must be purchased separately. However, these products may be included as part of the Starter Kit product selection.
There’s lots of great reasons to join Stampin’ Up! and I’d love to have you join my team! See all the bennies here – and watch for more details as we get closer to September! If you’ve got questions, give me a shout and we can chat! 🙂
FIVE DAYS LEFT TO REDEEM THOSE BONUS DAYS COUPONS!!
YOU earned them – and NOW is the time to redeem them for awesome Stampin’ Up! Products – just in time for the release of the Aug – Dec 2020 Mini Catalog!! But – the coupons EXPIRE at the end of August! That’s right – 31 Aug is the LAST DAY to redeem your coupons – so…don’t miss out! 🙂
Here’s the Deets!
- There’s no limit to the number of coupon codes you can use on an order during redemption.
- Bonus Days coupon codes may be redeemed for any product (excluding Starter Kits and Paper Pumpkin monthly subscriptions).
- New PREPAID Paper Pumpkin codes MAY be discounted using Bonus Days coupon codes.
- Bonus Days coupon codes WILL REDUCE the retail amount of an order – and might affect your Stampin’ Rewards (which are based on the AFTER-COUPON amount!)
- Bonus Days coupon codes may be redeemed one time only.
Get the Stampin’ Up! Products Used in These Projects:
Card Cuts Used in This Project:
Whisper White Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base, scored and folded at 5 1/2″); 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (card front and inner liner); Autumn Punch Pack leaves
Bermuda Bay Card Stock: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (mats for card front and for inner liner)Whisper White Card Stock: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (inner liner); 3 1/8″ x 3 7/8″ (art/sentiment panel); about 2″ x 2 3/4″ (panel behind “jar”)
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Finn Fan Fix
Well – after ALL that hero-ing yesterday….Finny succumbed to the rainy-day-nap-needs.
A powerful weariness overtook him. Rain’ll do that to a hero, you know.
Hero’in’ takes a lot of energy.
Hero’s gotta rest, Mom.