Happy Day-Before-The-New-Catalog-Goes-Live! Yes, it’s the First of June. Tomorrow is the big day!! Also, there are exactly 20 days before I’ll be back in GA and I can hardly wait. Thank you for listening….
I’ve got a new Hostess Code for you down below. When you make your big order tomorrow, remember to use it! And be thinking about what you’re going to pick as your free gift from me. 🙂
In the meantime, I have a quick and easy get-well card to share with you today. A friend of mine, who was on his way out here to support the event I’m working on, wasn’t feeling real well before he left home. When he got to his hotel, he realized he was really not doing well. Long story short – he ended up getting an ambulance ride to the ER and the next day had surgery to have a stent put in. He’d had a heart attack! And flown across the country! The smart part of me wants to say – seriously? I would never do something so silly. But….the “real” part of me knows that I darned sure would have. We’re so invested in doing our jobs and not letting people down, aren’t we? So, there but for the Grace of God go I….
He’s having to stay here for a week before he can fly home. Fortunately his family was able to fly out to stay with him. But, I wanted to make him a little card to let him know I was thinking about him. And my boss was going to go see him the next day – so I needed to whip something up right quick-like. I’d just put my new Wetlands set together, and I thought it would make a great masculine card. Take a look-see:
I already had some Blackberry Bliss mats and the band of the new Neutrals Designer Series Stack paper cut out, as I planned to make a set of cards to use as Thank You cards (look for those here next week!). I just turned one of the bands over – so the flower’dy side was down. I think the Smoky Slate diagonal stripe is very conducive to a masculine card. I SNAIL’d the mat to a Smoky Slate card base and the DSP strip to that.
I used my Squares Collection Framelits and cut a Blackberry Bliss Mat, and a Smoky Slate sentiment piece. I stamped the Wetlands image in Tuxedo Black, and then used my Stampin’ Write Markers to add a little color to the goose and grass.
I pulled out my Thoughts and Prayers set and stamped the sentiment in Blackberry Bliss. All that was left was to adhere the matted piece to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals and…done!
On the inside, I made a couple of quick stamps in Blackberry Bliss – for the Thoughts and Prayers sentiment – and in Smoky Slate for the grass – from the Wetlands set. And I decided that was a good spot to stop!
I added a couple more gray grasses to a Medium Whisper White Envelope, and my quick-and-easy get well card was done!
I think it turned out well, and I love the Blackberry Bliss/Smoky Slate color combination. I think it really works well together – especially for a masculine card. Hope that you like it!
When you see the products used in this card (below), remember that you’ll be able to click on all of them, but you won’t be able to order the new products (in this case, only the Neutrals Designer Series Paper Stack – and that’s only true until tomorrow!!).
Speaking of tomorrow….Here’s a couple of reminders about what’s fixin’ to take place over at Stampin’ Up! in the next couple of days.
- All carryover items from the 2014-2015 annual catalog and 2015 occasions catalog will be available at their 2014-2015 prices
- Brand-new items in the 2015-2016 annual catalog will be at their 2015-2016 price.
- Current host program benefits will still be in effect.
- Hosts can choose host items from the 2014-2015 annual catalog, the 2015 occasions catalog, or the 2015-2016 annual catalog.
- When you go to my Online Store the categories will have been replaced with the new 2015-2016 categories. The new categories will contain NEW and CARRYOVER items in the 2015-2016 annual catalog. All other items will be searchable and orderable, but not categorized (retiring products, discontinuing items, etc).
- The Retiring Products category and any remaining available items will be still be active through the end of the business day (Mountain Time)
- While we’re sleeping tomorrow night, Stampin’ Up! will be updating the Online Store and getting it all ready for the full up roll out of the 2015-2016 Annual Catalog the next day. If you’re a night owl, you’ll have to be patient. The online store will be OFF line tomorrow night from midnight to 2:00 AM (MDT) AND again on Wednesday, 3 Jun, from midnight to 2:00 AM (MDT) while they transition the system to the new 2015-2016 annual catalog.
On 3 Jun….
- All new host benefits (Stampin’ Rewards) will take effect.
That’s the fine print – the BIG print is….GET READY TO HAVE SOME FUN WITH SOME SUPER NEW PRODUCTS! I know I have my list sitting here all ready to go! 😉
See you tomorrow for the new Weekly Deals – which means, of course, that today is your last day for THIS week’s weekly deal!
TTFN and LLAP
June 1 – 15 HOSTESS CODE: MAM3KK6Y Use this hostess code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please do not use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards/Hostess $$ if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift for June is your choice of any item valued up to $5.00 in the brand new 2015-16 Annual Catalog!
WEEKLY DEALS FOR 26 May – 1 Jun 15!! Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through 1 Jun!
STAMPIN’ UP! PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
CARD CUTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
Smoky Slate Card Stock: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ (card base, scored and folded at 4 1/4″); 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ Square (sentiment)
Blackberry Bliss Card Stock: 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ (card front mat); 3″ x 3″ square (sentiment mat)
Neutrals Designer Series Paper Stack: 2 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ (front strip)
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
The Paper Pumpkin special is still going on….
Offer Details: Go to www.paperpumkin.com and use the code SAVE50 to join Paper Pumpkin before June 10, 2015, and get 50% off the first two months! After that, keep the creativity coming for only $19.95 + tax per month (shipping included).
Here’s the deets:
- For new subscribers only.
- Available for month-to-month subscriptions, not prepaid subscriptions.
- The discount will be applied to one kit per month for the first two months of a new subscription.
- Unless, your subscription (and the arrival of a fun new kit each month!) will automatically continue at the regular price of $19.95 a month.
- Deadline to join is Wednesday, June 10, 2015; at 11:50 PM (Mountain Time).
Today’s the last day for Retiring Products…..Click the pic to go right to my online store and shop the items that remain!
And….today’s the last day to pick up those favorites from the Occasions Catalog…..see them here!
Shop the Clearance Rack here.
Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Punkin Head Peppermint Rewards – My online customer thank you program!
BACKORDER LIST AS OF 28 May 15
124267: Basic Black 12″ x 12″ Cardstock
131264: Many Marvelous Markers
Date to be Determined
126397: Postage Due Clear Stamp Set
130354: Walk in the Wild Wood Stamp Set
The following items have been discontinued and are no longer orderable; only current backorders will be filled.
126422: Blooming with Kindness Clear Stamp Set
126747: Stippled Blossoms Clear Stamp Set
129499: Pleasant Poppies Clear Stamp Set