It’s Monday, y’all! I’ve got but one thing to say about that. Bleh.
I repeat. Bleh.
And that’s all on that subject.
If you were able to join me last night for my Facebook Live video, thanks so much for spending part of your weekend with me! If not, but would like to see how to make this card, here’s the YouTube replay!
I needed a sympathy card this week – my husband’s Granny died last Monday. She pretty much raised him, so it was a blow. She was 98 – so it wasn’t a shock. She was ready to go home. I thought that the beautiful Hold On To Hope stamp set and the bundled Cross of Hope Framelits were a perfect choice, especially when combined with a sentiment from the Thoughts & Prayers stamp set. Take a look-see:
Most of the “how” to do this one is in the video, so be sure to check it out! 🙂
I started with a piece of the beautiful Petal Passion DSP that I colored with my Pool Party and Marina Mist ink – using my Sponge Brayer. In the video, I used Powder Pink first and then Blushing Bride. Then I matted it on Smoky Slate card stock with Fast Fuse.
I used a short strip of the Myths & Magic Specialty Washi Tape next.
For the art, I embossed a piece of Whisper White card stock in the Layered Leaves Dynamic TIEF and matted it on Smoky Slate. Then I Fast Fuse’d it to the card front.
I heat embossed the flourish from the Hold On To Hope stamp set in Silver and cut them both out with their matching dies in the Cross of Hope Framelits. Then I adhered them with Liquid Glue.
I cut a solid Cross from Basic Black, a detailed Cross from Silver Foil and the white Cross from Whisper White card stock. Then I adhered the Silver Cross to the Basic Black Cross with Liquid Glue. I popped the Whisper White Cross on with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Finally, I added more Dimensionals to the back of the black Cross and used them to wind Silver Metallic Thread in several loops behind the Cross – then popped the whole thing onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I stamped the Hold On To Hope stamp set sentiment in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink on a piece of Whisper White and cut it out with a banner die in the Bunch of Banners Framelits. I used Liquid Glue and Stampin’ Dimensionals (a double thickness on both ends) to adhere it over the Cross and the card front was done!
On the inside, I actually made two liners. On the top, I stamped the wonderful sentiment from Hold On To Hope stamp set in Tuxedo Black on Whisper White. Then I heat embossed one of the flourishes in Silver. I used a sentiment from Thoughts & Prayers on the bottom panel, and added another heat embossed Silver flourish.
I Fast Fuse’d each panel to a Smoky Slate mat and into my Basic Black card base, adhered the card front with Liquid Glue and the card was done!
On my Whisper White Medium Envelope, I added another Silver flourish…
…and added some more of the Sponged Petal Passion DSP to the envelope flap.
Et Voila! If you watch the video – you’ll see I used pinks for the background color – two daughters and a son will be receiving these. I simply love the entire Hold On To Hope stamp set, especially bundled up with it’s Cross of Hope Framelits. And the sponged DSP looks like God-light thru the leaves of a tree to me. Hope you like! 🙂
HOST CODE FOR 16 JAN – 31 JAN: DXQNA92T
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 from the 2017-2018 Annual Catalog or the 2017 Holiday Catalog! And – you can even select one of the Host-exclusive sets! See my Rewards page for more details.
Get in on the Ultimate Bundle!
What if you could get anything you wanted – from the Annual Catalog, the Occasions catalog, the Clearance rack? And what if you could get it with like…a 45% savings? And – what if, after you bought that Ultimate Bundle, you could THEN get 20-25% off Every. Single. Thing.
I think you’d be pulling out that credit card!
I am, of course, talking about the Stampin’ Up! Starter Kit! It truly is the Ultimate Bundle.
ESPECIALLY right now during Sale–A-Bration.
Let’s look at some facts.
- You spend $99 – and you pick any products you want (the products you pick are 100% up to you!) for a value of $125.
- Because it’s Sale-A-Bration, you ALSO get ANY two stamp sets…FREE. So…if you picked…say…the Letters For You stamp set and the Wood mount Flourishing Phrases – that’s another $99 worth of free goodness!
- Every order thereafter…you save 20%. On everything. And, play your cards right (see what I did there?) you can parlay that to a 25% discount.
- There’s no obligation to sell. Advertise. Blog. Do workshops. Attend events. Do craft shows. Nothing!
- If you meet your quarterly quota – you remain a demonstrator. And keep saving that money!
- If you don’t? Well…you go on your merry way with about $225 worth of goodies tucked in your craft stash. No commitment – no penalty!
- Joining the Critters-N-Creating Krew team is easy – and we are building a great little community of folks who love to stamp and create! We have a fun and exclusive FB page that we share with the Amy’s Inkin’ Krew. We chat and share our projects there. We also have monthly virtual team meetings and quarterly meetings where those of us in the area all get together to have lunch and make fun projects!
- Our team is a mix of folks who joined to get the discount (Hobby Demos) and those who are pursuing a business! So whatever YOUR goal is – you’re most welcome!
- You’ll be joining a super company that’s been around for 30 years! Yep – 2018 is our 30th Anniversary and there’s big happenings in store throughout the year – what a great time to get in on the fun!
- Joining is easy to do – just click here and head on over the Online application! And – if you have any questions while you’re there – or before you go! – drop me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Sale-A-Bration is a pretty big deal, y’all! Check out all the information over on my Stampin’ Up! Promotions page!
Stamps-N-Lingers 2018 Occasions Catalog Special Bundle Sale!
Check out all my special bundles at my Stamps-N-Lingers 2018 Occasions Catalog Bundles page and fill out the form you’ll find there. There are descriptions of each bundle as well as pictures!
Do you love free stuff? We thought so, cuz…hello? Free!!
So, let me let you in on a little-known fact: You can earn Sale-A-Bration rewards when you purchase a 3-, 6-, or 12- month prepaid Paper Pumpkin subscription. In fact, purchasing prepaids may be the best and easiest way to earn free Sale-A-Bration products—especially if you’re new to papercrafting and find the catalog a little intimidating!
Here’s the deets:
Ready to get started? Click right here and you’ll be on your way!
Hope you know what you want for your Sale-A-Bration Freebie! 🙂
STAMPIN’ UP! PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
CARD CUTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
Basic Black Card Stock: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ (card base, scored and folded at 4 1/4″); Cross of Hope die cut Cross
Smoky Slate Card Stock: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (mats for card front and for both inner liners); 2 3/4″ x 3 1/2″ (mat for embossed panel on front)
Whisper White Card Stock: 2 5/8″ x 3 3/8″ (embossed panel on front); 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (inner liner); sentiment banner; Cross of Hope die cut Cross; embossed flourishes
Petal Passion DSP: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (card front); envelope flap
Silver Foil: Cross of Hope detailed Cross die cut
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Finn Fan Fix
Dogs are really straightforward. Not a lot of prevarication or guile in them.
If they want something – you know it.
If they love you – you know it.
All that said – I feel 100% confident that this….
…totally means “I just looooooovvvveeee you so much, Mom!!”