Good morning, y’all. Hope that you had a wonderful weekend and are ready to get the week going!
This was a busy weekend for me – we’re moving to a second shift schedule this week, meaning I’ll get back to the hotel each day around midnight. 🙁 For those of you who’ve been following me, you know that’s not my favorite work schedule! I’m a 9pm bedtime kinda girl! And, it really messes with my card making time. So, I spent the weekend making cards so I’d be able to keep sharing something with you each day!
Today’s project is a Christmas card, featuring Versatile Christmas for the sentiments (Versatile Christmas is on the Retiring list – so if you want it, now’s the time!) and the beautiful Festive Flower punch. Take a look-see:
The design was inspired by CAS(e) This Sketch challenge #151 – head over and see all the great cards people will come up with, okay?
So – perhaps you remember my card from Saturday? The Dove of Peace card. Here it is, if you’ve forgotten. On that card, I matted the card front with a panel of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper. I cut multiple 7/8″ Scallop Circle punches from that panel – both to save the paper ( 😉 ) and to give me an easier way to adhere the card front to the somewhat adhesive-persnickety glimmer paper. Well, the pack-rat in me carefully set those scalloped circles aside – and looky-looky! They’re prefect for this sketch!
I started with a piece of Mint Macaron card stock, and I stamped a whole bunch of snow flurries, using the splatter image stamp from the new Timeless Textures stamp set – it’s in the Occasions catalog coming out on 5 Jan. I won this stamp set at OnStage Live in Tampa! 🙂 Anyway – I stamped the splatters all over the panel, in Versamark Ink – then I sprinkled it with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heated it up!
I taped the panel to my grid paper with Post-It Note Tape, and then I used my ruler and my carefully calibrated eyeball to line up all the Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper 7/8″ Scallop Circles. Once I had them as right as I could get them, I used Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue to stick them all down. When they were dry, I used my Paper Snips to trim the top and bottom rows of circles, and then SNAILd the panel to a piece of Silver Foil.
The flower is Red Glimmer Paper, cut multiple times with the Festive Flower Punch. I punched 8 of the smaller single petals and 4 of the small double petals, which I cut in half. I folded and unfolded each petal, which makes them look more real when they’re put in the flower. I used Liquid Glue to glue the 8 larger petals to a 7/8″ Scallop Circle (punched from a piece of scrap card stock) and I glued the 8 small petals to a second scallop circle. Now, this is another persnickety piece – the glimmer paper just doesn’t want to glue! So – use plenty of glue, set the petals in place. Then go watch a movie. Or, do what I did and set it all aside and make another card! 😉
Once everything was dry, I stuck the two petal clusters together with my Handheld Stapler. Then I used more Liquid Glue and a few Glue Dots to adhere a Winter Wonderland Embellishment in the center. Again – I gave it plenty of time to dry!
I made the sentiment banner by stamping the sentiment from Versatile Christmas in Real Red on a piece of Whisper White card stock. I cut the banner to 1/2″, and then stuck each end into the back of my Washi Label Punch to make the fun washi ends. I used my Real Red Stampin’ Write Marker to edge the banner.
Once the poinsettia was all dry and stuck together, I adhered it to the card front with Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue. Then I SNAILd the sentiment banner in place underneath.
For the inside, I SNAILd a piece of Whisper White to a panel of Mint Macaron card stock. Then I stamped a second sentiment from Versatile Christmas in Real Red. I added more snow flurries with the splatter image from Timeless Textures in Mint Macaron. I had to use my Mint Macaron Stampin’ Write Marker to ink the stamp, since I left my Mint Macaron ink pad at home. It doesn’t work as well on the photopolymer stamps as it does on the clear stamps, but it’s doable. I just “huff” on the stamp after I ink it and before I stamp it – that seems to re-activate the ink! 😉
I SNAILd the inner panel to my Real Red card base, and added the card front with SNAIL (plenty of extra heft on this card without using Stampin’ Dimensionals on the front like I normally would!). And that was it for the card!
For the envelope, I blinged up a Whisper White Medium Envelope by stamping a poinsettia from Reason for the Season on the front. I stamped the petals with Real Red, and the outline with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Let’s just pretend that I meant to stamp the flower in the top left-hand corner of the envelope, okay? 😉
For the inner liner, I cut a piece of Real Red striped Holidays Fancy Foil Designer Vellum, with my Envelope Liner Framelit. I used SNAIL under the foil parts of the vellum to stick it to the envelope.
Et Voila! Easy card – the hardest parts are getting all the little circles where they’re supposed to be, and waiting for the pretty Red Glimmer Paper Festive Flower petals to dry in place! 🙂 I do have to say – until I used the Home for Christmas DSP, I probably never would have put Mint Macaron and Real Red together. But, it’s really a fun, retro color combination, isn’t it?! It’s really grown on me!
Don’t miss the Retiring List – Versatile Christmas is there. So is Reason for the Season. It’s retiring, but the Festive Flower punch is coming back – there’s a super fun new stamp set in the 2016 Occasions Catalog that uses this great punch. So, you can still buy the Reason for the Season bundle at 15% off! 🙂 Here’s a link right to the Retiring Products in my Online Store.
I’ll be back tomorrow with the Blog Candy winner, new Weekly Deals and the updates from Stampin’ Up!
1 Dec – 15 Dec Hostess Code: 9HJWPKPH. Use this hostess code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards/Hostess $$ if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift for Dec is your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the brand new 2015-16 Annual Catalog or the 2015 Holiday Catalog.
WEEKLY DEALS FOR 1 Dec – 7 Dec 15!! Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through 7 Dec!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
STAMPS-N-LINGERS 2016 OCCASIONS CATALOG SHARES
1. New Designer Series Paper Share – $17.00 plus $5 for Priority Mail shipping.
In all, you’ll receive 80 6” x 6” sheets of designer papers!
- It’s My Party DSP – 24 sheets – two of each design
- Birthday Bouquet DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
- Love Blossoms DSP – 12 Sheets – one of each design
- Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper – 1 sheet
- Botanical Gardens DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
- Shine on Specialty DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
- Have a Cuppa DSP – 12 sheets – one of each design
- Going Places DSP – 12 sheets – one of each design
- Red Foil Sheets – 1 sheet
2. New Ribbon and Embellishment Share – $15 plus $3.50 for 1st Class Mail shipping for a full Ribbon & Embellishment share.
In all you’ll receive 10 yards of new ribbon and 46 new embellishments!
- Basic Black/Melon Mambo Baker’s Twine – 2 yds
- Basic Black/Mint Macaron – 2 yds
- Pool Party 3/8” Glitter Ribbon – 2 yds
- Watermelon Wonder 1″ Stitched Satin Ribbon – 2 yds
- Bermuda Bay 1/8″ Stitched Ribbon – 2 yds
- It’s My Party Enamel Dots – 12 (2 each of 3 colors in 2 sizes)
- Honeycomb Embellishments – 1 each of 3 colors
- Bow Paper Clip Embellishments – 4 pieces
- Botanical Gardens Jewels – 4 pieces
- Iced Rhinestone Embellishments – 8 (4 of each of 2 sizes)
- Have a Cuppa Embellishments – 3 pieces (1 of each design)
- Polka Dot Cones Cellophane Bags – 2 bags
3. Want it all? $35 – and you’ll get shares of all of the new Designer Series Papers, ribbons and embellishments. Plus I’ll ship it for free!
And if you’d like double shares of either the designer paper or ribbon, that works, too. I’ll cut the paper sheets into 6×12 so that you’ll be able to get 3 full A2 size card fronts from each sheet (except for the Love Blossoms, DSP Stack, Have a Cuppa DSP Stack and Going Places DSP Stack, you’ll get double sheets of those since they’re already precut at 6″x6″!).
- Deadline to sign up for the shares is 3 Jan 16 at 5pm MST
- I’ll submit the order on 5 Jan 16 when the Catalog goes Live
- You’ll receive a PayPal Invoice one week prior (so, around 29 Dec), unless you sign up after that date, at which time you’ll get an invoice right away. I’ll need payment before I submit the share, please! 🙂
- Anyone is welcome to join in my share (please note, I can only ship to addresses within the US).
- To get signed up for your piece of the fun, head over to the 2016 Occasions Catalog Shares page!
- Dates: 16 Nov 15 – 4 Jan 16 (or while supplies last)
- Holiday Catalog Retiring List: The list is available here. It’s going to be updated every business day, so I’ll be checking and updating this link with every post.
- Remaining inventory for retiring products may appear later on the Clearance Rack. Here’s a link to the Clearance Rack – be sure to check often to see if your favorite hits the rack!
- Due to high demand for retiring stamps, Stampin’ Up! plans to keep producing retiring stamps until December 28. This is only applicable to stamps. Accessories are only available until they run out!
STAMPIN’ UP PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
CARD CUTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT
Real Red Card Stock: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ (card base, scored and folded at 4 1/4″)
Mint Macaron Card Stock: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (card front); 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ (inner liner mat)
Silver Foil: 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ (card front mat)
Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper: 7/8″ Scallop Circle Punches
Red Glimmer Paper: Festive Flower punches
Whisper White Card Stock: 1/2″ x ~3 1/4″ (sentiment banner); 4″ x 5 1/4″ (inner liner)
Holidays Fancy Foil Designer Vellum: envelope liner
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Shop the Clearance Rack here. Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Punkin Head Peppermint Rewards – My online customer thank you program!
BACKORDER LIST AS OF 3 Dec 15
131188: Regals 12″ x 12″ Cardstock (11 backordered; 360 expected)
139647: To You and Yours Shaker Cards Project Kit (128 backordered; 5,000 expected)
138401: Gold Metallic Thread (83 backordered; 2,560 expected)
139618: Gold Cording Trim (3,869 backordered; 5,248 expected)
139620: Silver Cording Trim (2,159 backordered; 3,520 expected)
Beautiful card, Mary! Thanks for sharing how you make each card; I learn so much from you each morning , and look forward to your posts. It is like hearing from a crafting friend each day!
Aww – that’s really sweet, Patricia! I feel the same about seeing your comments! We’ve been “talking” to one another for a while now!! Thanks! 🙂
Your red sparkly poinsettia looks fabulous against the snowy background!