So – have I told you guys that I have a most awesome husband? Well, if I haven’t – I should have. Cuz I do. He routinely stays back at the homedrome keeping everything together and going. And taking care of horses. And cats. And bills. And…and…and! And, he’s been thru way more than his fair share of taking care of me (literally) thru a series of medical things. Better than I could have ever hoped for – and for much longer than either of us ever expected! So. I am a fortunate woman, indeed. Just wanted to say that!
For my share today, I decided I’d whip up a card with the soon-to-come (like on 5 Jan!) Going Global stamp set in the 2016 Occasions Catalog. The stamp set lends itself really well to “miss you, love you” kinds of cards – so this is one that will go in the mail to my most-wonderful-hubby on Monday. And the coordinating Going Places DSP Stack is just gorgeous! I used a little of the paper and a few of the stamps and this is what I came up with. Take a look-see:
For the design layout – I used the Mojo Monday “Tall and Skinny” Challenge #216. I hope that you’ll go over and check out what other folks came up with for this design!
As I flipped thru the Going Places DSP Stack, I was really intrigued by the “space” paper. So, I wanted to try to use that – and I liked the idea of the constellation and lucky stars stamps in the Going Global set. That gave me my starting point, color-wise. This paper coordinates with Delightful Dijon – and I still have some of that left in the paper that I brought with me from Atlanta! 😉
I started by SNAILing a piece of the space-y Going Places DSP to a mat of Basic Black card stock. Then, to build the center pieces, I pulled out a second design from the DSP. I decided it would be easiest to use one large Basic Black mat, and then SNAIL the two small DSP pieces to it. Versus trying to mat two separate pieces. And I also thought it would be best for the overall design if the two pieces were the same design. So – that’s what I did. I SNAILd the small rectangle and the small square Delightful Dijon star studded paper to a single mat of Basic Black. Note: you might get a glimpse of a white line there on the square piece of DSP. I heat embossed the Big Dipper design in White – and then it got completely hidden by the rest of the card elements – so, it’s definitely skippable! 🙂
Then I SNAILd that whole thing to the card front. The sentiment is a square of Delightful Dijon, matted on Basic Black. The sentiment, from Going Global, is stamped in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. I popped that on the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
The two ribbon elements were the final piece of construction. I used a length of Basic Black 3/8″ Stitched Satin Ribbon, and snipped a banner in the end. I SNAILd it to the card, and wrapped the excess around to the back of the card, securing it with a little scotch tape. The second piece is a 3/8″ wide piece of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper, banner-ized on the end with my Paper Snips, and colored with my Delightful Dijon Stampin’ Write Marker. I SNAILd it to the card, and then trimmed the excess off the top.
At that point, I decided I wasn’t done with the front. I used the Big Dipper image from Going Global and, lining it up with my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, stamped it onto the starry Delightful Dijon paper with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. That did it! It was ready for a little bling. Bling’s okay – even on a guy’s card! That’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it! I used some silver stars and sequins from the Metallics Sequin Assortment, and adhered them with the Fine-Tip Glue Pen to the Big Dipper. I added a little silver heart over the stamped heart in the sentiment, too. And then – cuz they’re stars – I added a Rhinestone Basic Jewel to the stars. Okay – and the heart. And then it was done!
For the inside of the card, I SNAILd a piece of Whisper White to a mat of Basic Black. Then I stamped a second sentiment from Going Global in Tuxedo Black. I thought it was kind of fun to use a round sentiment on the inside – but I definitely needed my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to be sure the straight part of the sentiment ended up straight on the card! Finally, I added the Big Dipper image, this time in Delightful Dijon, using my Stampin’ Write Marker to ink the stamp. You guessed it – my Delightful Dijon ink pad is in…Atlanta!
I SNAILd the liner to the inside of my tall and skinny Delightful Dijon card base, and then popped the front on with Stampin’ Dimensionals. And that was it for the card.
I made a custom-sized envelope, using a piece of Whisper White Envelope Paper, cut to 7 5/8″ x 7 5/8″ (1/8″ bigger than the 7 1/2″ square called for on the Envelope Punch Board – per my Tutorial instructions!) and the Envelope Punch Board. I stamped the Big Dipper in Delightful Dijon on the front….
…and made a custom liner with more of the “space” paper from the Going Places DSP Stack.
Et Voila! I think this is going to be a nice card for Wayne to get. He’s really become my sounding board on my cards at home – I miss showing my creations off to him before I post them! 🙁 So, I’m excited to hear what he thinks of this one when he gets it next week…
Hope that you like the card, as well! And that these fun Going Places and Going Global products will be on your wish list for the new Occasions catalog!
Remember – you can get a sampling of this Designer Series Paper stack, as well as all the other papers, trims and embellishments. How? By signing up for a 2016 Occasions Catalog Share, of course! Check it out below or on the Catalog Shares page! Get signed up soon before the shares sell out!
Hope the rest of your weekend is awesome – and I’ll be back in your Inbox on Monday morning!
P.S. For those of you who are musical – I discovered two new groups this weekend. Both are A Cappella groups – meaning that they sing without music. Which is crazy – especially when you hear them. You’ll swear there are music and drums! Check them out – I’ve been listening to them all weekend on You Tube. They’re called Home Free and Pentatonix. If you’ve seen the movie Pitch Perfect – and liked the music – you’re gonna love these folks!
You’re Welcome! 😉
1 Dec – 15 Dec Hostess Code: 9HJWPKPH. Use this hostess code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards/Hostess $$ if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift for Dec is your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the brand new 2015-16 Annual Catalog or the 2015 Holiday Catalog.
WEEKLY DEALS FOR 1 Dec – 7 Dec 15!! Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through 7 Dec!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
STAMPS-N-LINGERS 2016 OCCASIONS CATALOG SHARES
1. New Designer Series Paper Share – $17.00 plus $5 for Priority Mail shipping.
In all, you’ll receive 80 6” x 6” sheets of designer papers!
- It’s My Party DSP – 24 sheets – two of each design
- Birthday Bouquet DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
- Love Blossoms DSP – 12 Sheets – one of each design
- Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper – 1 sheet
- Botanical Gardens DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
- Shine on Specialty DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
- Have a Cuppa DSP – 12 sheets – one of each design
- Going Places DSP – 12 sheets – one of each design
- Red Foil Sheets – 1 sheet
2. New Ribbon and Embellishment Share – $15 plus $3.50 for 1st Class Mail shipping for a full Ribbon & Embellishment share.
In all you’ll receive 10 yards of new ribbon and 46 new embellishments!
- Basic Black/Melon Mambo Baker’s Twine – 2 yds
- Basic Black/Mint Macaron – 2 yds
- Pool Party 3/8” Glitter Ribbon – 2 yds
- Watermelon Wonder 1″ Stitched Satin Ribbon – 2 yds
- Bermuda Bay 1/8″ Stitched Ribbon – 2 yds
- It’s My Party Enamel Dots – 12 (2 each of 3 colors in 2 sizes)
- Honeycomb Embellishments – 1 each of 3 colors
- Bow Paper Clip Embellishments – 4 pieces
- Botanical Gardens Jewels – 4 pieces
- Iced Rhinestone Embellishments – 8 (4 of each of 2 sizes)
- Have a Cuppa Embellishments – 3 pieces (1 of each design)
- Polka Dot Cones Cellophane Bags – 2 bags
3. Want it all? $35 – and you’ll get shares of all of the new Designer Series Papers, ribbons and embellishments. Plus I’ll ship it for free!
And if you’d like double shares of either the designer paper or ribbon, that works, too. I’ll cut the paper sheets into 6×12 so that you’ll be able to get 3 full A2 size card fronts from each sheet (except for the Love Blossoms, DSP Stack, Have a Cuppa DSP Stack and Going Places DSP Stack, you’ll get double sheets of those since they’re already precut at 6″x6″!).
- Deadline to sign up for the shares is 3 Jan 16 at 5pm MST
- I’ll submit the order on 5 Jan 16 when the Catalog goes Live
- You’ll receive a PayPal Invoice one week prior (so, around 29 Dec), unless you sign up after that date, at which time you’ll get an invoice right away. I’ll need payment before I submit the share, please! 🙂
- Anyone is welcome to join in my share (please note, I can only ship to addresses within the US).
- To get signed up for your piece of the fun, head over to the 2016 Occasions Catalog Shares page!
- Dates: 16 Nov 15 – 4 Jan 16 (or while supplies last)
- Holiday Catalog Retiring List: The list is available here. It’s going to be updated every business day, so I’ll be checking and updating this link with every post.
- Remaining inventory for retiring products may appear later on the Clearance Rack. Here’s a link to the Clearance Rack – be sure to check often to see if your favorite hits the rack!
- Due to high demand for retiring stamps, Stampin’ Up! plans to keep producing retiring stamps until December 28. This is only applicable to stamps. Accessories are only available until they run out!
STAMPIN’ UP PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
CARD CUTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT
Delightful Dijon Card Stock: 3 1/2″ x 11″ (card base, scored and folded at 5 1/2″); 1 3/4″ square (sentiment)
Basic Black Card Stock: 3 3/8″ x 5 3/8″ (card front mat and inner liner mat); 2 3/8″ x 3 1/2″ (front rectangle mat); 1 7/8″ square (sentiment mat)
Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper: 3/8″ x 2 1/2″ (banner on front)
Going Places DSP Stack: 3 1/4″ x 5 1/4″ (card front); 1″ x 2 1/4″ (small starry rectangle); 2 1/4″ square (starry square); 4″ square (envelope liner)
Whisper White Envelope Paper: 7 5/8″ square (envelope for 3 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ card)
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Shop the Clearance Rack here. Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Punkin Head Peppermint Rewards – My online customer thank you program!
BACKORDER LIST AS OF 3 Dec 15
131188: Regals 12″ x 12″ Cardstock (11 backordered; 360 expected)
139647: To You and Yours Shaker Cards Project Kit (128 backordered; 5,000 expected)
138401: Gold Metallic Thread (83 backordered; 2,560 expected)
139618: Gold Cording Trim (3,869 backordered; 5,248 expected)
139620: Silver Cording Trim (2,159 backordered; 3,520 expected)
Cool card! Love the layout and the colors are just perfect. I’m sure that your husband will love it! And I’m sure that you’re counting down the days until you get back home. 🙂