Happy Friday, y’all! Hope you’ve got a good weekend in store – mine is BIG!
Tomorrow, I’ll head up to the Gainseville area to attend Matt and Katelyn’s wedding. Jan and I have been discussing what we’re going to wear and when. We’ll go this afternoon and get a manicure.
Well – two. One each. 😉
I’m looking forward to the whole thing – been a while coming!
If you’re doing the math, you’ll have realized I probably won’t be on my Facebook video tomorrow evening – the rehearsal dinner is then. I am…touched beyond measure that we were invited to that – especially given then we’re neither parents nor wedding party! I guess we’re honorary parents!
Shoot. Let the tears start! 🥰😢
Anywho – sniff – let’s talk card!
If you were able to join me yesterday for my YouTube live, I appreciate you spending some time with me – if not, but you’d like to see the replay, here ’tis! 🙂
This one uses a sweet little photopolymer, two-step stamp set called Joyful Holly. Two-step means that the images are created using a two-part process. FIrst you stamp an outline, then you can “fill” in with the second stamp! I laid mine atop some Toile Tidings DSP – and made it into a fun-fold! Take a look-see:
The layout for this one comes from this week’s Sunday Stamps challenge.
I started this one by adhering a piece of Real Red Toile Tidings DSP to a Garden Green panel for the card front. Then I matted a second design – the cool buffalo check – on Garden Green and adhered it to the card front with Liquid Glue.
I cut a little mini tent-card from Basic Black for the fun-fold piece.
To decorate the little tent-card, I stamped the Joyful Holly image on Very Vanilla in Versamark Ink. Then I sprinkled it with Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heated it up with my Heat Tool.
I stamped the second image – the “fill” onto the embossed outline in Garden Green. TIP: when you stamp on a heat embossed image – the ink will not dry right away. Give it a dab with a paper towel. And then be careful for a minute so you don’t smear the ink!
The sentiment, also from Joyful Holly, is stamped in Garden Green on Very Vanilla and cut with a Stitched So Sweetly die.
I tied a little bow from 3/16″ Braided Linen Trim and adhered it with a Glue Dot. Then I popped the sentiment over the bow with double-stacked Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I added Red Rhinestones as “berries” and on the sentiment label.
On the inside, I heat embossed the holly image again – filling it with Garden Green – on a Very Vanilla panel. Then I added a second sentiment – and more Red Rhinestone “berries”.
I used Liquid Glue to adhere the panel to a Garden Green mat and into the mini tent card. Then I popped the card onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. And…the card was done!
Tip: If you want to write a longer note to your recipient – use the back of the card! Maybe heat emboss the holly sprig on a Very Vanilla panel and then mat it on Garden Green and to the back of the card with Liquid Glue! Easy peasy!
My Very Vanilla Medium Envelope got the Joyful Holly image again – this time I ALSO stamped the berries in Real Red using the stamp in the set for that purpose…
…and a little more Toile Tidings DSP on the envelope flap.
Et Voila! I love this front flap fun-fold, don’t you? So easy – but…with a pretty solid “cool” factor! And the two-step Joyful Holly is a super fun little set – with two different holly sprig images and the two pretty-darned-perfect sentiments!
And – I don’t know about you – but I love the Toile Tidings DSP and was SOO happy when it made its comeback! I love that you can pick any of the pretty designs in either Garden Green or Real Red!
I hope you like – and will try this fold tout-suite!
That means do it right away! 😉
HOST CODE FOR 1 SEP – 15 SEP: AN7AK7HC
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift (AND the Monthly Card Tutorial) from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in any active Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details. The September Tutorial features the In The Pines Bundle!
AWESOME JOINING SPECIAL GOING ON NOW!
The Get & Go Starter Kit promotion is meant to give those who sign up to be a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator additional products to kick start a business or have a quick and easy stamping afternoon with friends! In addition to the already great-valued Starter Kit, new demos will get pre-cut paper, stamps, and embellishments to use however you want! Stamp with friends? Yup! Make a bunch of cards quick-like-a-bunny? Yup! Whatever you want to do with all these extra goodies…go for it!
Here’s the deets:
- New demonstrators who join before 1 September or after 30 September will not be eligible for this promotion.
- In addition to the regular starter kit – you pay $99 plus tax and choose $125 worth of products plus get FREE SHIPPING! – you’ll ALSO receive…
- 16 pre-cut and individually-packaged cards packs – including envelopes!
- 8 packs of precut cardstock of the coastal cabana pack
- 8 packs of precut cardstock of the Granny Apple Green pack
- A pack of Rhinestone Basic Jewels
- The So Much Love stamp set – here’s a video of the project ideas included!
- The Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set – here’s a video for this set’s projects!
- 16 pre-cut and individually-packaged cards packs – including envelopes!
- Use these extra goodies to make samples (using the “recipes” – you’ll ALSO get!) -hold an event with your friends or…for whatever you like! Would you just like to get a lot of cards made fast? This is a great tool!
- Important note: Ink, adhesive, cutting tool, and clear block for stamping must be purchased separately. However, these products may be included as part of the Starter Kit product selection.
There’re lots of great reasons to join Stampin’ Up! and I’d love to have you join my team!
- Enjoy a 20% discount (from the git-go!) on ALL of your Stampin’ UP! Purchases – and that discount can go up!
- Receive new catalogs EARLY
- Order new product EARLY
- Attend virtual and in person demonstrator only events
- Join our online Critters-N-Creatin’ Krew community of over 35 Members in our private FB group – and you KNOW we’re having fun!
- Enjoy hostess benefits (Stampin’ Rewards) just the same as customers – yes, in ADDITION to your Discount! 😉
- You choose whether you want to simply enjoy the discount, new friends and lots of ideas or whether you’d like to start building a business – which you can decided to do anytime. Or not. There’s no pressure – EVER! This is my promise to you!
So – who’s going to join us?! 🙂
If you’ve got questions, give me a shout and we can chat! 🙂
The new Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine is available for you to order – and to celebrate, I’m offering a fun Ordering Bonus!
When you place an order for a new Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine thru my Online Store thru 12 Sept, you’ll receive my usual ordering gift (valued up to $10), Peppermint Points (TWO points for every $25 of retail amount – yep. DOUBLE Peppermints) AND…you can pick any one of our awesome and amazing Embossing Folders!! And there are like….TWENTY THREE to choose from!!
Here’s the deets!
1. All orders that include the new Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine placed through my online store between today (1 Sep 20) and the end of the day on 12 Sep 20 will earn a FREE Embossing Folder of your choice – in addition to your Ordering Gift!
2. Orders with the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine will ALSO receive DOUBLE Peppermint Reward Points for the entire amount of their retail order!
3. Don’t forget to add the Host Code below if your order is under $150 to get your free thank you gift (orders over $150 automatically get the free thank you gift!).
3. For more information about my Punkin Head Peppermint Reward points (my buyer reward program), click here.
Okay – got it?
Order a Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine – get DOUBLE Peppermints – get an ordering gift – get a FREE embossing folder of your choice!
Get the Stampin’ Up! Products Used in These Projects:
Card Cuts Used in This Project:
Basic Black Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ (card base); 2 3/4″ X 9″ (mini card base, scored & folded at 4 1/2″
Garden Green Card Stock: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (mat for card front); 1 7/8″ x 4″ (mat for DSP strip); 2 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ (mats for mini card front and inner liner)
Very Vanilla Card Stock: 2 3/8″ x 4 1/8″ (mini card front and inner liner); 1 1/8″ x 2 3/8″ Stitched So Sweetly die cut (sentiment)
Toile Tidings DSP: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (card front); 1 3/4″ x 3 7/8″ (DSP strip); envelope flap
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Finn Fan Fix
We’ve had an interesting visitor today.
I saw him when I went out to feed this morning.
I got a close-up cuz he was pretty cooperative.
I thought he might be hunting the yellow jackets that like to dive into the hummingbird feeders so I was good with him being there.
I kept thinking he’d move along but…he was STILL there when I went out in the evening.
While cleaning up the kitchen, I looked out the window and saw a hummer eating from that feeder. And I was pretty sure that, by the time I got around to the back door to get a picture of harmonious nature – that the mantis had moved over to the other side – the same side the hummer had just been on.
And then – my brain sifted thru some of the totally trivial things it’s seen in the past and was pretty sure I’d seen a thing that said they could capture and KILL a hummingbird!! 😳😳😳
Oh, no sir!
I fast google’d it and…sure enough – that is a THING! I read the article and it said semi-comforting things like…usually they don’t…sometimes they strike before they realize it’s a bird (and not the wasp/bee it was hoping for)…yada yada. Along with the pictures of the dead hummingbirds and description of which parts they prefer. Yeah yeah – it’s the way of things. It’s nature… the circle of life….blah blah blah.
Those are MY hummingbirds! 🙁
So…we helped him to find a new spot to hunt.
Before the move – he and I had had a few “moments” of inter-species non-verbal accord. Staring deeply into each other’s eyes. 👀👀
Now? Wouldn’t even look at me. Totally disgusted with the wussy human!
“Hope you like those yellow jackets in your feeders, stupid human. I won’t be back to this diner and I’m giving you one-star on Yelp!”