Hey y’all – it’s Thursday, so it’s time for another Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop!! Today’s a sketch challenge – and I’m excited to see what everyone brings to the table! I just know you’re going to see a ton of awesome-ness on the hop today!
I need a birthday card for a tiny human. Actually – by rights it needs to be a BELATED birthday but…he’s like..TWO. So I feel confident he’ll give me a pass. Hopefully his parents will, too! I pulled out the So Much Happy bundle from the Annual Catalog and paired it up with some party-on-paper Playing with Patterns 6″ x 6″ DSP. Take a look-see:
And – here’s our sketch! I was a little…LITTLE…loose! 😉
And I also played along with the Tic-Tac-Toe challenge. I went down the middle!
I started with two pieces of Playing with Patterns 6″ x 6″ DSP – both the same size as the front of my Night of Navy card base (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″) and used Liquid Glue to adhere them to the front and inside.
From another piece of Night of Navy, I cut the large Happy sentiment die in the Happy Die Set – bundled with the So Much Happy stamp set! Then I used the scallop edge die to cut a…scalloped edge.
Using the banner die in the set, I cut three banners from some Coastal Cabana and Calypso Coral Playing with Patterns 6″ x 6″ DSP and adhered them to the die cut sentiment.
From the Calypso Coral piece of Playing with Patterns 6″ x 6″ DSP, I cut a narrower piece with the scalloped edge die. I laid it out as a “shadow” and adhered it to the card front with Liquid Glue.
Then I used Stampin’ Dimensionals to pop the die cut sentiment over top.
On Whisper White, I stamped Crushed Curry, Coastal Cabana and Calypso Coral balloons – which I cut with their dies in the Happy Die set. Then I used Liquid Glue and Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere them to the card front.
On a piece of Whisper White, I stampd the So Much Happy sentiment in Night of Navy and cut it with the smallest scalloped rectangle in the Stitched So Sweetly Die set. I adhered it to the card front with Liquid Glue.
I added some Playing with Patterns Resin Dots and the card front was done!
On the inside, I added more Crushed Curry, Coastal Cabana and Calypso Coral balloons to a Whisper White panel. I also stamped some little Night of Navy bows. A few Playing with Patterns Resin Dots finished it off.
I used Liquid Glue to adhere the panel to a Night of Navy mat and into the card base and the card was done!
My Whisper White Medium Envelope got more So Much Happy balloons and bows on the front…
…and I put some more of the Coastal Cabana Playing with Patterns 6″ x 6″ DSP on the envelope flap.
Et Voila! I think the So Much Happy and it’s bundled Happy Dies make for a pretty festive birthday card, don’t you? Well – it ALSO gives you sentiments for friendship, graduation and congratulation cards!
And they all coordinate perfectly with the Happy Die Set!
I hope you like – and will add this one to your stash!
If you’d like to recreate this card, all the products and card cuts are listed below!
Now that you’ve seen my card, take a minute to hop thru all our projects today. If you click on the Next Blog button, you’ll go right to Kristi’s page. And you can just click on the names below to go direct to all the blogs!
Mary Deatherage – YOU ARE HERE!
Have fun on the Hop!!
HOST CODE FOR 1 SEP – 15 SEP: AN7AK7HC
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift (AND the Monthly Card Tutorial) from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in any active Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details. The September Tutorial features the In The Pines Bundle!
YouTube Live – After Lunch Bunch!
I’m planning to go live today on my YouTube channel with a new project! Come on over and see what I’m up to today at 1:00 PM ET! Look forward to seeing you then!
AWESOME JOINING SPECIAL GOING ON NOW!
The Get & Go Starter Kit promotion is meant to give those who sign up to be a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator additional products to kick start a business or have a quick and easy stamping afternoon with friends! In addition to the already great-valued Starter Kit, new demos will get pre-cut paper, stamps, and embellishments to use however you want! Stamp with friends? Yup! Make a bunch of cards quick-like-a-bunny? Yup! Whatever you want to do with all these extra goodies…go for it!
Here’s the deets:
- New demonstrators who join before 1 September or after 30 September will not be eligible for this promotion.
- In addition to the regular starter kit – you pay $99 plus tax and choose $125 worth of products plus get FREE SHIPPING! – you’ll ALSO receive…
- 16 pre-cut and individually-packaged cards packs – including envelopes!
- 8 packs of precut cardstock of the coastal cabana pack
- 8 packs of precut cardstock of the Granny Apple Green pack
- A pack of Rhinestone Basic Jewels
- The So Much Love stamp set – here’s a video of the project ideas included!
- The Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set – here’s a video for this set’s projects!
- 16 pre-cut and individually-packaged cards packs – including envelopes!
- Use these extra goodies to make samples (using the “recipes” – you’ll ALSO get!) -hold an event with your friends or…for whatever you like! Would you just like to get a lot of cards made fast? This is a great tool!
- Important note: Ink, adhesive, cutting tool, and clear block for stamping must be purchased separately. However, these products may be included as part of the Starter Kit product selection.
There’re lots of great reasons to join Stampin’ Up! and I’d love to have you join my team!
- Enjoy a 20% discount (from the git-go!) on ALL of your Stampin’ UP! Purchases – and that discount can go up!
- Receive new catalogs EARLY
- Order new product EARLY
- Attend virtual and in person demonstrator only events
- Join our online Critters-N-Creatin’ Krew community of over 35 Members in our private FB group – and you KNOW we’re having fun!
- Enjoy hostess benefits (Stampin’ Rewards) just the same as customers – yes, in ADDITION to your Discount! 😉
- You choose whether you want to simply enjoy the discount, new friends and lots of ideas or whether you’d like to start building a business – which you can decided to do anytime. Or not. There’s no pressure – EVER! This is my promise to you!
So – this is a really great time to join the team – this sort of deal doesn’t come along very often – especially one with no commitment!
If you’ve got questions, give me a shout and we can chat! 🙂
Get the Stampin’ Up! Products Used in These Projects:
Card Cuts Used in This Project:
Night of Navy Card Stock: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ (card base, scored and folded at 4 1/4″); 3 3/8″ x 5 1/2″ (die cut sentiment); 3 1/2″ x 4 3/4″ (mat for inner liner)
Whisper White Card Stock: Smallest Stitched So Sweetly rectangle die cut (sentiment); 3 3/8″ x 4 5/8″ (inner liner); Happy Dies die cut balloons
Playing with Patterns 6″ x 6″ DSP: 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ (card front and inner liner); 1 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ (“shadow” Happy Die cut scallop); envelope flap
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Shop the Clearance Rack here. Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Punkin Head Peppermint Rewards – My online customer thank you program!
Finn Fan Fix
No FFFs on Blog Hop Days!
WOW!!! Such a fun card Mary 🙂 Love all the happiness in it from the DSP to the balloons and the colorful banners. Perfection!!