Mornin’, y’all – welcome to another edition of the Happy Stampers Blog Hop. It’s color challenge week and I hope you’ll take a minute to browse all the projects brought to you by the ladies-who-hop! With color week – you never know what we’ll come up with!
Here are the colors we all worked with this week:
Now when I first saw that color combo, I looked to the By the Shore DSP and figured that would be the basis for my card. But I decided to go a different direction, instead. I pulled out the new Paisleys & Posies bundle:
I laid down my silicon sheet to protect my worktable. Then I laid a regular old baby wipe down on the sheet. Using my Dapper Denim and Mint Macaron Ink Refills, I randomly dropped drops of each on the baby wipe – letting it all run together. Then I used that inked-up wipe as my ink pad. So every time I inked my Paisleys & Posies stamp, I picked up both colors. And every time, the colors it stamped were different!
I stamped the paisley image all over a Very Vanilla panel. Then I added a couple of drops of Calypso Coral ink to the edges of my “ink pad” and used that to ink the little flower from Paisleys & Posies and stamped it around the panel. I SNAILd it to a Calypso Coral mat.
For my Time of Year sentiment, I stamped that in Dapper Denim ink on Very Vanilla. I cut it out with a square-sided die from the new Squares Layering Framelits. It’s matted on a Calypso Coral scalloped-edge square, also cut with the Layering Framelits.
I also used my baby wipe ink pad to stamp another little image from Paisleys & Posies in the top corner of the sentiment panel. And I stamped a little circle image – and cut it with the matching die in the Paisley Framelits. I adhered it with Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue in the opposite corner.
Okay – okay – you’re right. That one wasn’t planned. I’d stamped a second little image (like in the top right corner) there, but it came out blurry. Instead of re-doing the whole panel, I covered it up with a little die cut.
Sheesh. Y’all know me too well! 😉
Using some new Mint Macaron 3/8″ Sheer Linen Ribbon, I wrapped a length around the card front, securing it in the back with scotch tape. Then I popped the sentiment square over it all with some Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I added a few little embellishments…the first is a doubled-over piece of Very Vanilla 1/2″ Lace Trim. The next is a die cut from the Paisley Framelits. I went back to my baby wipe ink pad, and pressed a piece of Very Vanilla card stock into it…
I think that’s so cool – I’m going to have to try this and use my resulting panel as a card front one of these days! 🙂 With this one, though, I used the Paisley Framelit die to cut out a shape, which I adhered over the lace trim with more Liquid Glue.
I added more of the same paisley image to the front of my Very Vanilla Medium Envelope…
Et Voila! I think this is an awfully pretty group of images in this set. And it works really nicely with the baby wipe technique, don’t you think? Keep that technique in your kit bag, okay? It’s a good one! 🙂
Card cuts and all the products you need to make this one for yourself are at the bottom of this post…
Now that you’ve seen my card, please take a little time to visit all the Happy Stampers Team blogs today!
If you click on the Next Blog button, you’ll go right to Jari Francis’ page. And you can just click on the names below to go direct to all the blogs!
Mary Deatherage – YOU ARE HERE!
Have fun on the Hop!
HOST CODE FOR 1 AUG – 15 AUG: 2WGEWYF6
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the brand new 2016-17 Annual Catalog.
When you use promo code “BOGO” at PaperPumpkin.com, you’ll pay the regular price of $19.95 USD/$26.95 CAD and get your second month for FREE!
- IMPORTANT: Offer invalid if subscription is suspended or cancelled during the first two months. In other words, subscribers cannot cancel or suspend their subscription during their first two months—if they do, the offer is void. So…you can’t put your subscription on hold or cancel until after the first two full months.After the first two months, the subscription will continue for $19.95 USD/$26.95 CAD + tax per month (shipping included) unless cancelled or suspended. Ends October 10, 2016.
- This offer is open to first-time subscribers only.
- Not valid on prepaid subscriptions.
- Ends October 10, 2016 (the last day to subscribe and get the October kit).
It’s Time to Start Spending Your Bonus Days Coupons!
It’s time to start using those Stampin’ Up! Bonus Days Coupons that you earned in July! The coupons are valid on any type of order from now through the end of August. Here are the details:
- There’s no limit on the number of coupons you can use on an order during redemption.
- Bonus Days coupons codes can be used in the checkout process during the redemption period.
- All order types qualify for this promotion. Coupons can be redeemed on any order type.
- Bonus Days coupon codes can be redeemed for any product, excluding Starter Kits and Paper Pumpkin subscriptions. New prepaid Paper Pumpkin codes can be redeemed.
- During the redemption period, shipping and tax will be calculated based on your order total after your coupon codes have been applied.
- Coupon codes may only be redeemed once. Codes are redeemed when an order is closed using the codes. If a closed order using a code (or multiple codes) is cancelled, the coupon code(s) cannot be “un-redeemed” for use on a new order.
Redemption Deadlines: August 31, 2016 by 11:50 PM (MT)
Thoughtful Branches Bundle
Click the pictures to shop right now!
AVAILABLE 2 AUG – 31 AUG 16!
STAMPIN’ UP! PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT
Can’t put the Paisleys & Posies Bundle on this listing quite yet! 😉
CARD CUTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
Dapper Denim Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base, scored and folded at 5 1/2″)
Calypso Coral Card Stock: 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ (mats for card front and for inner liner); 3″ Scallop Square (mat for sentiment)
Very Vanilla Card Stock: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (card front and inner liner); 2 7/8″ square (sentiment)
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!