Well – it’s Monday again – hope y’all are ready for the week! Don’t know about you but we here in GA had a simply perfect Fall-preview day yesterday! Bright sun – blue skies – low humidity – mid 70’s! My windows and doors were open all day and I enjoyed a few hours on the mower in the pasture! It was wonderful – and I hope we get a few weeks of it!
One of my friends from my previous work-life is…getting a new addition to his family! They lost their senior GSD a few months back and…finally were ready for a new face in the house. So…I made them a card to welcome…Gus! They’re pretty big gardeners, so I used the Celebrate Sunflowers bundle, the Dog Builder Punch (duh!) and a few sentiments from the Well Said stamp set and coordinating Well Written Dies. Take a look-see:
The card layout is from the CAS(E) This Sketch challenge this week!
And many of the elements are thanks to the inspiration photo from The Card Concept.
And – this one might have some feminine elements in it – but…it’s perfect for my friend – he loves his dogs, loves to garden and is a retired Apache pilot. So…he can totally handle a flower and a few hearts! Hence – I’m saying it’s a card with a masculine twist for the Watercolor Wednesday Challenge.
I started with a piece of In Good Taste DSP that I matted on Night of Navy for the card front. Then came a strip of wood-design from In Good Taste, also matted on Night of Navy and adhered to the card front with Liquid Glue.
I cut the solid Sunflower Dies flower from Bumble Bee card stock and sponge-dauber’d it with Bumble Bee ink. Then I cut the detailed flower in Early Espresso and adhered it over the solid flower with Liquid Glue – just in the center.
I cut an Early Espresso flower center and popped it in place with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
I cut some Sunflower Die grasses and leaves in Old Olive and Mossy Meadow. I adhered the detailed leaves to the solid leaves with Liquid Glue -and then added them to the card front. I added the flower over top with Liquid Glue.
I tied a bow from the black-and-white twine from the Playful Pets Trim Combo Pack and added it with a Glue Dot.
I stuck a piece of Whisper White onto a piece of Foam Adhesive Sheet and cut the sentiment with a die from Well Written. Then I adhered it to a Basic Black piece cut with a Stitched Rectangle Die.
I used the Dog Builder Punch to cut a Soft Suede dog and adhered him with a couple of Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Then I added the sentiment over top of it all with some double-stacked Dimensionals.
I used Cajun Craze card stock, punched a few hearts with the Dog Builder Punch and adhered them with Liquid Glue. And that was it for the card front!
On the inside – I stamped a sentiment from the Well Said stamp set in Night of Navy on Whisper White. Then I cut another Soft Suede Dog Builder Punch and adhered it with Liquid Glue. I spelled out GUS with the Playful Alphabet dies in Night of Navy and adhered them (and another Cajun Craze heart) with Liquid Glue.
Why THAT particular sentiment? Well…Gus is an 8 week old GSD!!
LOL – they’ve got busy times ahead! 🙂
I used Liquid Glue to adhere the panel to a Night of Navy mat and into my Bumble Bee card base, added the card front with more Liquid Glue and the card was done!
My Whisper White Medium Envelope got a smaller Celebrate Sunflowers image on the front in Early Espresso. I used my Blender Pen to pull the ink into the center and more ink from the lid of my Bumble Bee and Mossy Meadow Ink Pads to color the image…
..and I added more of the In Good Taste DSP to the envelope flap.
Et Voila! Ahh – the joy of being able to create an incredibly personal card for a friend, huh? I love the rustic beauty of the Celebrate Sunflowers bundle set atop some In Good Taste DSP! And I love sentiment dies – Well Written is perfect – and the Playful Alphabet Dies gives us total freedom for any sentiment we need! Thank you, Stampin’ Up!
I hope you like!
If you want to recreate this card – all the Stampin’ Up! products you need are listed down below along with the card cuts!
HOST CODE FOR 16 SEP – 30 SEP: JBMCHDXU
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift (AND the Monthly Card Tutorial) from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in any active Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details. The September Tutorial features the In The Pines Bundle!
I’d Love To Have YOU Join My Team!
And this month is a great month to do it – cuz…Stampin’ Up! has an amazing Joining Bonus special going on in September!
The Get & Go Starter Kit promotion will give folks who sign up to be a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator additional products to kick start a business OR just get some amazing extra goodies to create 16 super pretty cards in a blink!!
In addition to the already great-valued Starter Kit, new demos will get pre-cut paper, stamps, and embellishments to use however you want! Stamp with friends? Yup! Make a bunch of cards quick-like-a-bunny? Yup! Whatever you want to do with all these extra goodies…go for it!
Here’s the deets:
- This great deal ends on 30 September!
- In addition to the regular starter kit – you pay $99 plus tax and choose $125 worth of products plus get FREE SHIPPING! – you’ll ALSO receive…
- 16 pre-cut and individually-packaged cards packs – including envelopes!
- 8 packs of precut cardstock of the coastal cabana pack
- 8 packs of precut cardstock of the Granny Apple Green pack
- A pack of Rhinestone Basic Jewels
- The So Much Love stamp set – here’s a video of the project ideas included!
- The Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set – here’s a video for this set’s projects!
- 16 pre-cut and individually-packaged cards packs – including envelopes!
- Use these extra goodies to make samples (using the “recipes” – you’ll ALSO get!) -hold an event with your friends or…for whatever you like! Would you just like to get a lot of cards made fast? This is a great tool!
- Important note: Ink, adhesive, cutting tool, and clear block for stamping must be purchased separately. However, these products may be included as part of the Starter Kit product selection.
There’re lots of great reasons to join Stampin’ Up! and I’d love to have you join my team!
- Enjoy a 20% discount (from the git-go!) on ALL of your Stampin’ UP! Purchases – and that discount can go up!
- Receive new catalogs EARLY
- Order new product EARLY
- Attend virtual and in person demonstrator only events
- Join our online Critters-N-Creatin’ Krew community of over 35 Members in our private FB group – and you KNOW we’re having fun!
- Just this past weekend – we had a wonderful virtual team meeting! Look at all these happy faces! We did four projects “together” – got all the updates from Stampin’ UP! – and there was a Prize Patrol! When you join our team – then you’re a part of a fun community of men and women who love crafting and love Stampin’ Up! products!!
- Enjoy hostess benefits (Stampin’ Rewards) just the same as customers – yes, in ADDITION to your Discount! 😉
- You choose whether you want to simply enjoy the discount, new friends and lots of ideas or whether you’d like to start building a business – which you can decided to do anytime. Or not. There’s no pressure – EVER! This is my promise to you!
So – who’s going to join us?! 🙂
If you’ve got questions, give me a shout and we can chat! 🙂
World Card Making Day is 3 October!
These days, everyone needs a lift and wants to hear that they’re important to someone. And with everything going on in the world, handmade cards are a perfect way to reach out and show appreciation for special friends!
We held this event last year for WCMD and we all had so much fun that we decided to do it again! All are welcome to join us! We’ll be setting up a Facebook page to host the event and I’ll be sharing the link to the page in late September. Keep an eye out on my Facebook page and here on the blog for more details! Can’t wait to stamp with you all then!!
Paper Pumpkin Joy To The World Kit!!
This holiday season, share the joy of Paper Pumpkin! The Joy to the World Paper Pumpkin Kit is an exclusive holiday kit that provides a specially-designed box, enough supplies to create eight elegant cards, and an opportunity to connect with the Stampin’ Up! global community.
With October’s magical kit, not only will you be able to get a head start on your holiday crafting—you’ll get to create Christmas cards, share project ideas, and spread holiday cheer with Stampin’ Up! customers and demonstrators around the world! After you receive your kit, you can join the Joy of Paper Pumpkin Facebook group to make the most of this holiday kit!
Here’s the deets:
- Kit contains enough supplies to create eight cards—four each of two designs—and coordinating envelopes.
- Kit includes die-cut pieces in English, French, and German. This will allow you to create cards you can use to connect with other customers and demonstrators around the world—in their language! To learn more about how to do this, read the “The Joy of Paper Pumpkin” section on this page.
- Card size: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Envelope size: 4-1/2″ x 5-3/4″
- Coordinating Colors: Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Just Jade, Soft Sea Foam
NOTE: The holiday kits tend to sell out FAST! So…if you want this one – best get after it and get subscribed (or RE-subscribed) if you aren’t already! You’ve got until 10 October to sign up for it – but…supplies may get scarce towards the end and when they’re gone they’re gone!! 🙁
So – are you a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber? If you’re not – but…you’d like to give these fun, all-inclusive kits, a try – you can sign up for a subscription where you are billed monthly for your kit OR you can purchase a prepaid subscription in my online store. To see more information and to sign up for the monthly subscription, click here. To see the options for prepaid subscriptions in my online store, click here.
Get the Stampin’ Up! Products Used in These Projects:
Card Cuts Used in This Project:
Bumble Bee Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base, scored and folded at 5 1/2″); Sunflower Die cut solid flower
Night of Navy Card Stock: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (mats for card front and for inner liner); 2 3/8″ x 5 1/4″ (mat for smaller DSP strip); Playful Alphabet Die cut letters
Soft Suede Card Stock: Dog Builder punch dogs
Cajun Craze Card Stock: Dog Builder punch hearts
Basic Black Card Stock: 1″ x 2 3/8″ Stitched Rectangle Die Cut under sentiment
Old Olive and Mossy Meadow Card Stocks: Sunflower Die cut grasses and leaves
Whisper White Card Stock: Well Written die cut sentiment; 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (inner liner)
In Good Taste DSP: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (card front); 2 1/4″ x 5 1/4″ (smaller DSP strip); envelope flap
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!