Hey y’all – it’s Sunday, which means I’ve got another fun challenge for you from the Paper Players – LeAnn’s given us a Clean-and-Simple challenge to work with this week! 🙂 It’s a good one – and one that I know will give your creative mojo a bump! So I hope you’ll come and play along with us!
If you were able to join me yesterday for my Facebook Live video, I appreciate you spending some of your weekend with me! If you weren’t able to watch the live version, but you’d like to see the replay on YouTube…here ’tis!
So – funny story. LAST Sunday – remember my card? Check it out right here. It was a CAS Pets card. Why? Cuz…I totally messed up and did the wrong challenge for the Players! Doh!
But that IS the challenge for THIS week – so…the cat punch makes another showing! I used it – and the Life is Beautiful stamp set, along with the Hallows Night Magic Bundle and some not-real-spooky Magic in This Night DSP – to make…a double-easel fun fold card. Take a look-see:
And here’s our Paper Players challenge!
And the layout is from the Freshly Made Sketches challenge.
The card base is just a 4 1/4″ x 11″ piece of Basic Black folded into a portrait tent-fold card.
Then I cut and folded a piece of Bumble Bee card stock – 4″ x 10″, score and fold at 5 1/4″ and 7 5/8″ – to create the double-easel itself. I used Liquid Glue to adhere the easel to the front of the Basic Black card base.
I used Liquid Glue to adhere a piece of bat-strewn paper from the Magic in This Night DSP to the top – largest – panel. Then two smaller pieces in a coordinating pattern – to the two smaller panels.
The “moon” is a piece of Bumble Bee card stock, cut with the largest smooth-edged Layering Circles die. I used a Sponge Dauber to lightly sponge some Bumble Bee ink onto the moon – to create a little depth. And to look more moon-like and less cardstock-circle-like!
I placed the circle in my Stamparatus and stamped the tree branches from the Life is Beautiful stamp set in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.
While the ink got good and dry, I stamped the pretty label image from Hallows Night Magic in Tuxedo Black on a piece of Bumble Bee. Then I added the sentiment.
When IT was all dry, I cut it with the matching die in the Halloween Dies set and adhered it to the front small panel of the easel.
I punched the kitty in Basic Black using the Cat Punch. Then I did a dry fit of the moon and the cat – and popped the moon into place with Black Stampin’ Dimensionals on the large main panel. I used some Liquid Glue to adhere the cat on the front fold.
Using the bat dies in the Halloween Magic Dies, I cut a few from Black Glimmer Paper and adhered two on the moon and popped the last one onto the sentiment label with a Black Stampin’ Dimensional. And that was it for the card front.
On the inside, I again used my Stamparatus to add the spooky tree image from Life is Beautiful in Tuxedo Black to a Whisper White panel.
I used Liquid Glue to adhere the panel to a Bumble Bee mat and into the card base and the card was done.
My Whisper White Medium Envelope got another Tuxedo Black tree on the front…
…and a little more Magic in This Night DSP on the envelope flap.
Et Voila! Hardly any white – but…it looks clean-and-simple to me! 🙂 I’d planned a top-fold Joy Fold card – but…the design that was in my head with the Cat Punch against the Life Is Beautiful tree silhouette on the moon…just screamed DOUBLE-EASEL! And the Hallows Night Magic stamp set – with the fun Halloween Dies is the perfect accompaniment!
I hope you like!
If you want to recreate this card – all the Stampin’ Up! products you need are listed down below along with the card cuts!
Now – before you reach for your ink and papers, check out what our amazing team has created to inspire you this week:
The Paper Players Design Team
- LeAnne Pugliese
- Claire Broadwater
- Joanne James
- Laurie Schmidt
- Anne Marie Hile
- Ann Schach
- Allisa Steinlicht
- Stef Perry
- Mary Deatherage – you’re here right now!
HOST CODE FOR 16 SEP – 30 SEP: JBMCHDXU
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift (AND the Monthly Card Tutorial) from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in any active Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details. The September Tutorial features the In The Pines Bundle!
I’d Love To Have YOU Join My Team!
And this month is a great month to do it – cuz…Stampin’ Up! has an amazing Joining Bonus special going on in September!
The Get & Go Starter Kit promotion will give folks who sign up to be a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator additional products to kick start a business OR just get some amazing extra goodies to create 16 super pretty cards in a blink!!
In addition to the already great-valued Starter Kit, new demos will get pre-cut paper, stamps, and embellishments to use however you want! Stamp with friends? Yup! Make a bunch of cards quick-like-a-bunny? Yup! Whatever you want to do with all these extra goodies…go for it!
Here’s the deets:
- This great deal ends on 30 September!
- In addition to the regular starter kit – you pay $99 plus tax and choose $125 worth of products plus get FREE SHIPPING! – you’ll ALSO receive…
- 16 pre-cut and individually-packaged cards packs – including envelopes!
- 8 packs of precut cardstock of the coastal cabana pack
- 8 packs of precut cardstock of the Granny Apple Green pack
- A pack of Rhinestone Basic Jewels
- The So Much Love stamp set – here’s a video of the project ideas included!
- The Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set – here’s a video for this set’s projects!
- 16 pre-cut and individually-packaged cards packs – including envelopes!
- Use these extra goodies to make samples (using the “recipes” – you’ll ALSO get!) -hold an event with your friends or…for whatever you like! Would you just like to get a lot of cards made fast? This is a great tool!
- Important note: Ink, adhesive, cutting tool, and clear block for stamping must be purchased separately. However, these products may be included as part of the Starter Kit product selection.
There’re lots of great reasons to join Stampin’ Up! and I’d love to have you join my team!
- Enjoy a 20% discount (from the git-go!) on ALL of your Stampin’ UP! Purchases – and that discount can go up!
- Receive new catalogs EARLY
- Order new product EARLY
- Attend virtual and in person demonstrator only events
- Join our online Critters-N-Creatin’ Krew community of over 35 Members in our private FB group – and you KNOW we’re having fun!
- Just this past weekend – we had a wonderful virtual team meeting! Look at all these happy faces! We did four projects “together” – got all the updates from Stampin’ UP! – and there was a Prize Patrol! When you join our team – then you’re a part of a fun community of men and women who love crafting and love Stampin’ Up! products!!
- Enjoy hostess benefits (Stampin’ Rewards) just the same as customers – yes, in ADDITION to your Discount! 😉
- You choose whether you want to simply enjoy the discount, new friends and lots of ideas or whether you’d like to start building a business – which you can decided to do anytime. Or not. There’s no pressure – EVER! This is my promise to you!
So – who’s going to join us?! 🙂
If you’ve got questions, give me a shout and we can chat! 🙂
World Card Making Day is 3 October!
These days, everyone needs a lift and wants to hear that they’re important to someone. And with everything going on in the world, handmade cards are a perfect way to reach out and show appreciation for special friends!
We held this event last year for WCMD and we all had so much fun that we decided to do it again! All are welcome to join us! We’ll be setting up a Facebook page to host the event and I’ll be sharing the link to the page in late September. Keep an eye out on my Facebook page and here on the blog for more details! Can’t wait to stamp with you all then!!
Paper Pumpkin Joy To The World Kit!!
This holiday season, share the joy of Paper Pumpkin! The Joy to the World Paper Pumpkin Kit is an exclusive holiday kit that provides a specially-designed box, enough supplies to create eight elegant cards, and an opportunity to connect with the Stampin’ Up! global community.
With October’s magical kit, not only will you be able to get a head start on your holiday crafting—you’ll get to create Christmas cards, share project ideas, and spread holiday cheer with Stampin’ Up! customers and demonstrators around the world! After you receive your kit, you can join the Joy of Paper Pumpkin Facebook group to make the most of this holiday kit!
Here’s the deets:
- Kit contains enough supplies to create eight cards—four each of two designs—and coordinating envelopes.
- Kit includes die-cut pieces in English, French, and German. This will allow you to create cards you can use to connect with other customers and demonstrators around the world—in their language! To learn more about how to do this, read the “The Joy of Paper Pumpkin” section on this page.
- Card size: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Envelope size: 4-1/2″ x 5-3/4″
- Coordinating Colors: Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Just Jade, Soft Sea Foam
NOTE: The holiday kits tend to sell out FAST! So…if you want this one – best get after it and get subscribed (or RE-subscribed) if you aren’t already! You’ve got until 10 October to sign up for it – but…supplies may get scarce towards the end and when they’re gone they’re gone!! 🙁
So – are you a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber? If you’re not – but…you’d like to give these fun, all-inclusive kits, a try – you can sign up for a subscription where you are billed monthly for your kit OR you can purchase a prepaid subscription in my online store. To see more information and to sign up for the monthly subscription, click here. To see the options for prepaid subscriptions in my online store, click here.
Get the Stampin’ Up! Products Used in These Projects:
Card Cuts Used in This Project:
Basic Black Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base, scored and folded at 5 1/2″); Cat punch
Bumble Bee Card Stock: 4″ x 10″ (double easel – scored and folded at 5 1/4″ and 7 5/8″ on the long side); 4″ x 5 1/4″ (mat for inner liner); Layering Circle die cut (moon); Halloween Magic Die Cut label (sentiment)
Whisper White Card Stock: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (inner liner)
Black Glimmer Paper: Halloween Magic Die bats
Magic In This Night DSP: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (large easel panel); 2 3/8″ x 3 7/8″ (x 2 – small easel panels); envelope flap
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Shop the Clearance Rack here. Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Punkin Head Peppermint Rewards – My online customer thank you program!
Finn Fan Fix
Ever have one of those days?
Raining outside. Gloomy.
One of those…roll over days? No real point in even getting outta bed?
Not even the squirrels want to play…
Such an awesome card Mary 🙂 I always love your easel cards, you’ve been my inspiration for making them. Love the 3D effect with your cat, tree and moon. Thanks for the great video!!