Well, good morning to you all on this very first Stamps-N-Lingers Blog Post for 2016! 🙂 I hope that you all had a great New Years Eve – and didn’t need too much hair of the dog this morning! We did our usual – woke up (blearily) for a few minutes when we heard fireworks outside. And went right back to sleep. Yes, it’s true. We are dyed-in-the-wool party animals! 😉
I made y’all a fun Happy New Year card today – but, when you see it, you’ll know that it could be a card for a lot of “Happy” occasions! I used an old favorite – one I haven’t pulled out in a while – the Layered Letters Alphabet stamp set. I also picked an image from the soon-to-be-retired Six Sayings Hostess set from the 2015 Holiday Catalog. And I also took advantage of the Confetti TIEF – available in just 4 days in the Occasions Catalog! Take a look-see:
See what I mean? You know it’s a Happy New Year’s Card – but only cuz I told ya! Change the inside sentiment….and you’ve got yourself a whole ‘nuther ball game!
I started by running a panel of Whisper White card stock thru the Big Shot in the Occasions Catalog’s Confetti TIEF. Then I SNAILd that to a panel of Watermelon Wonder. Next, I cut two Lots of Labels Framelits dies – the Watermelon Wonder used the largest die and the Whisper White uses the next size down.
I made the sentiment by stamping the letters from Layered Letters Alphabet in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Then I used the rectangular image in that stamp set and, stamping off once before stamping the card, ran a row of Watermelon Wonder stamps down the letters.
I used the Updated Essential Paper Piercing Pack to make my dots on both labels. I just used the fine point end of my Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker. Then I SNAILd the two pieces together.
With the “cake” made, it was time to decorate it! I let Wink of Stella shine here. Get it? Shine? LOL – stop! I’m crackin’ myself up!
I used the Gold Wink of Stella and colored in all the embossed ribbons on the card front, and some of the stars, as well. I liked how cool that looked so much that I pulled out the Clear Wink of Stella – and went over the stamped letters with it. It really added a pretty shimmer and made the card even ore festive!
Finally, I added some silver sequins from the Metallics Sequin Assortment with my Fine-Tip Glue Pen – and gave each of them a small Rhinestone Basic Jewel. Then I popped the sentiment label onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals!
Moving inside, I started with a second panel of Whisper White card stock. Pulling out the Happy New Years stamp image from Six Sayings, I knew that all I wanted was “New Year!”. As I started to figure out whether to mask the rest of the stamp, or color it, or… whatever…I got an idea for another use for Miss Stella.
She winked at me, and I just knew I was on the right track! I brushed Gold Wink of Stella onto the stamp – just the “New Year!” – and stamped it on my card panel!
I wrapped a piece of Winter Wonderland Designer Washi Tape around the bottom of the panel, and then glued some more gold stars on with my Fine-Tip Glue Pen. Then I SNAILd that onto a Watermelon Wonder card stock mat and then into my Whisper White card base. The card front is popped on with Stampin’ Dimensionals – and that was it for the card!
For the envelope, I used a Whisper White Medium Envelope and decorated the front with a couple of Wink of Stella stars and Watermelon Wonder hearts from the Tin of Cards stamp set…
…and then gave it a liner with some Gold Fancy Foil Designer Vellum, cut with my Envelope Liner Framelit.
Et Voila! A Happy New Year card – that could also be Happy Birthday…Happy Hello…Happy Retirement….
Hope you like!
There’s some key things coming to an end right quick like – the chance to get in on the Occasions Catalog Shares, the Year-End Clearance Sale, and the 2015 Holiday Catalog Retiring List. Scroll on down for details on all three!
Enjoy your New Years Day – watch the Rose Bowl Parade, have some black eyed peas and greens, eat snacks in front of the tv watching football – whatever it is you do, have a super day! 🙂
TTFN – and I’ll see you tomorrow.
15 Dec – 5 Jan 16 Hostess Code: 9HJWPKPH. Use this hostess code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards/Hostess $$ if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift for Dec is your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the brand new 2015-16 Annual Catalog or the 2015 Holiday Catalog.
WEEKLY DEALS FOR 29 Dec – 4 Jan 16!! Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through 4 Jan!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
STAMPS-N-LINGERS 2016 OCCASIONS CATALOG SHARES
1. New Designer Series Paper Share – $17.00 plus $5 for Priority Mail shipping.
In all, you’ll receive 80 6” x 6” sheets of designer papers!
- It’s My Party DSP – 24 sheets – two of each design
- Birthday Bouquet DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
- Love Blossoms DSP – 12 Sheets – one of each design
- Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper – 1 sheet
- Botanical Gardens DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
- Shine on Specialty DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
- Have a Cuppa DSP – 12 sheets – one of each design
- Going Places DSP – 12 sheets – one of each design
- Red Foil Sheets – 1 sheet
2. New Ribbon and Embellishment Share – $15 plus $3.50 for 1st Class Mail shipping for a full Ribbon & Embellishment share.
In all you’ll receive 16 yards of new ribbon and 46 new embellishments!
- Basic Black/Melon Mambo Baker’s Twine – 5 yds
- Basic Black/Mint Macaron – 5 yds
- Pool Party 3/8” Glitter Ribbon – 2 yds
- Watermelon Wonder 1″ Stitched Satin Ribbon – 2 yds
- Bermuda Bay 1/8″ Stitched Ribbon – 2 yds
- It’s My Party Enamel Dots – 12 (2 each of 3 colors in 2 sizes)
- Honeycomb Embellishments – 1 each of 3 colors
- Bow Paper Clip Embellishments – 4 pieces
- Botanical Gardens Jewels – 4 pieces
- Iced Rhinestone Embellishments – 8 (4 of each of 2 sizes)
- Have a Cuppa Embellishments – 3 pieces (1 of each design)
- Polka Dot Cones Cellophane Bags – 2 bags
3. Want it all? $35 – and you’ll get shares of all of the new Designer Series Papers, ribbons and embellishments. Plus I’ll ship it for free!
And if you’d like double shares of either the designer paper or ribbon, that works, too. I’ll cut the paper sheets into 6×12 so that you’ll be able to get 3 full A2 size card fronts from each sheet (except for the Love Blossoms, DSP Stack, Have a Cuppa DSP Stack and Going Places DSP Stack, you’ll get double sheets of those since they’re already precut at 6″x6″!).
- See pictures of the Papers, Ribbons and Embellishments on my 2016 Occasions Catalog Shares page!
- Deadline to sign up for the shares is 3 Jan 16 at 5pm MST
- I’ll submit the order on 5 Jan 16 when the Catalog goes Live
- You’ll receive a PayPal Invoice one week prior (so, around 29 Dec), unless you sign up after that date, at which time you’ll get an invoice right away. I’ll need payment before I submit the share, please! 🙂
- Anyone is welcome to join in my share (please note, I can only ship to addresses within the US).
- To see pictures of all the goodies, and get signed up for your piece of the fun, head over to the 2016 Occasions Catalog Shares page!
YEAR END SALE GOING ON NOW!
Stampin’ Up! has placed more products on clearance and the discounts are up to 60 percent, so you’ll will want to take advantage of these amazing deals!
During the Year-End Sale, you can find ALL discounted products in one location in the online store: under the Year-End Sale category. So don’t fret if you don’t see the category “Clearance Rack” on the online store right now–it has been integrated into the Year-End Sale. See the savings now!
- Promotion Dates: December 10, 2015-January 4, 2016.
- No minimum purchase required.
- No refunds or exchanges on Year-End Sale items.
- Items offered during the Year-End Sale are while supplies last.
- You can add non-Year-End-Sale items to any online order!
- Year-End Sale orders are eligible for Stampin’ Rewards with qualifying orders.
- Following the Year-End Sale, some remaining items may stay in the Clearance Rack. Other items may be removed from the Clearance Rack to be added at another undetermined time.
- Place your orders online thru my online store!
- Deadline for ordering is January 4, 2016; 11:50 PM (MT)
- Dates: 16 Nov 15 – 4 Jan 16 (or while supplies last)
- Holiday Catalog Retiring List: The list is available here. It’s going to be updated every business day, so I’ll be checking and updating this link with every post.
- Remaining inventory for retiring products may appear later on the Clearance Rack. Here’s a link to the Clearance Rack – be sure to check often to see if your favorite hits the rack!
- Due to high demand for retiring stamps, Stampin’ Up! plans to keep producing retiring stamps until December 28. This is only applicable to stamps. Accessories are only available until they run out!
STAMPIN’ UP! PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S CARD:
CARD CUTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
Whisper White Card Stock: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ (card base, scored and folded at 4 1/4″); 4″ x 5 1/4″ (card front and inner liner); Lots of Labels (next to largest for sentiment)
Watermelon Wonder Card Stock: 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ (mats for card front and inner liner); Lots of Labels (largest die)
Gold Fancy Foil Designer Vellum: Envelope Liner
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
BACKORDER LIST AS OF 30 Dec 15
140603: Big Shot Die Brush (189 backordered; 10,896 expected)
126995: Stampin’ Trimmer Cutting Blades (1,191 backordered; 6,688 expected) (due to quality issues, we probably won’t see these in stock until the end of February)
RETIRED LIST (These products are officially retired and will no longer be available once our current inventory is depleted.)
2015 Holiday Retiring List
140969: Witching Décor Project Kit (sold out)
139673: Woodland Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (sold out; Will be returning in the 2016 Annual Catalog – Whoo-hoo!)
139670: Sleigh Ride Edgelits Dies (sold out)
140861: Jingle All the Way Bundle (wood-mount; sold out)
140862: Jingle All the Way Bundle (clear-mount; sold out)