Good morning, y’all! We ate our greens and black-eyed peas today, so I’m assuming I’ll win the lottery very soon. Don’t fret – I’ll still remember all the little people when I’m rich rich RICH! 😉 And I’ll for sure keep stamping and blogging. Probably in my brand new, fully Stamp-N-Storage equipped craft room…. 😉 😉
In the meantime, though, I made a card for you today at my in-the-living-room-crafting-spot. Which is equipped with some fun Stamp-N-Storage pieces (OBTW – they’re having a 10% off sale thru the 4th – so….this would be a great time to get some super storage pieces!).
For my card, I used the new set called Happy Home – this will be available for y’all to buy on the 5th. That’s just around the corner – like…Tuesday! 🙂 This is a fun stamp set that also coordinates with the fun Hearth and Home Thinlit dies (which you guys saw in the Holiday Catalog and which you’ll be able to get as a 15% off bundle with this stamp set if you don’t already have it!). And I combined it with the Happy Heart TIEF and some Itty Bitty Flowers. Take a look-see:
I started by making my “scene”. I used two images from the Happy Home set, starting with the tree. To color the image, I used my Stampin’ Write Markers to directly color the stamp – Early Espresso for the tree trunk, Garden Green for the grass, Pear Pizzazz and Wild Wasabi for the tree leaves. Then I colored the second image – of the little girl and her dog flying their kite. For that one I used Garden Green for the grass, Early Espresso for the kite sting, Rose Red for the kite and its tail, and Basic Black for the little girl and then dog. Once I stamped the image (lining up the two “grass” lines – they fit together nicely – as fun feature of this stamp set!), I colored her shirt in with Rose Red.
I punched out some Hearts Border Punch hearts in Rose Red and stuck them in the tree with Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue. Finally, I lightly sponged Soft Sky in the….well, sky! And some Garden Green in the grass. I adhered the scene behind a window that I cut in Whisper White using the Hearth and Home Thinlits dies.
The card front is a piece of Whisper White card stock, embossed in the Happy Hearts TIEF, and SNAILd onto a Blushing Bride mat. I pulled out my new obsession – the Clear Wink of Stella pen – and colored in each of the hearts with the pen, adding some pretty shiny-sheeny. For once I got a picture where you can actually see the Wink of Stella shine.
I stamped – in Rose Red and Daffodil Delight – some of the flowers from Happy Home onto the bottom of the window frame. I also stamped – in Crumb Cake – the window box image on a piece of Whisper White. I cut that out and used a little Liquid Glue to adhere it to the bottom of the window. Then I decided to go “dimensional” with the flowers. So, I stamped a bunch of the tiny flowers from the Something To Say set – stamping them in Melon Mambo on Rose Red card stock, Daffodil Delight on Daffodil Delight card stock, and Blushing Bride ink on Blushing Bride card stock. I punched them all out with the Itty Bitty Accent punch flower and curled their little petals with my bone folder.
For the sentiment, I stamped the Happy Home sentiment, in Rose Red, onto a piece of Whisper White card stock and then cut one end with the Washi Label Punch. The other end I fussy cut into a banner end. Turned out both these efforts sort of got hidden by my flowers – but I know they’re there, so…. 😉
I popped the window frame (with its stuck-on window box) to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. With that, I got busy decorating. First I used the Liquid Glue to adhere the sentiment onto the window box. Then I used more glue and Stampin’ Dimensionals to stick the flowers on the window, and spilling onto the sentiment and even onto the card front. Once they were all where I wanted them, I gave each of them a tiny seed pearl from the Pearls Basic Jewels.
For the inside, I SNAILd a Whisper White panel to a Blushing Bride mat. For the sentiment, I used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to be sure I got the Happy Home sentiment on straight. Then I surrounded it with more of the cute flower image – in Blushing Bride and Daffodil Delight.
I SNAILd it into my Rose Red card base and SNAILd the card front onto the front (plenty of depth already – no need to use Stampin’ Dimensionals!). And the card was done!
I decided to make a custom envelope to accommodate the additional thickness of this card. So I used my Envelope Punch Board and a piece of Whisper White Envelope Paper, cutting it to 8 1/8″ square (per the directions in my tutorial). Once I had it together, I stamped more Happy Home flowers on the front in Blushing Bride and Daffodil Delight…
…and then used a piece of Regals Backgrounds Designer Series Paper, in Rose Red, to add a custom liner (again using the directions in my tutorial!).
Et Voila! A pretty, spring-y card that could be used for lots of different occasions, I think. Or even just because!
I love this little stamp set (although its got 10 images, so it’s not that little!) – the scenes fit so prettily with the sentiments. For example – there’s an image of an empty park bench – and a sentiment that says “missing you”. And the font of the sentiments is very pretty, indeed! I hope that you’ll consider adding it to your stash when it comes available on Tuesday!
Do you need an Occasions and Sale-A-Bration catalog? If you don’t have a Demonstrator and are thinking you might order thru me, please let me know and I’ll get catalogs in the mail right away! If you do have a Demonstrator, get with her so that you’ve got them in your hot little hands soonest! 😉
Time is running out on the Year-End Clearance. And the availability of the Retiring Holiday products. And the Occasions Catalog Shares.
This has been a public service announcement – scroll on down for full details!
TTFN – and I’ll see you tomorrow.
15 Dec – 5 Jan 16 Hostess Code: 9HJWPKPH. Use this hostess code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards/Hostess $$ if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift for Dec is your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the brand new 2015-16 Annual Catalog or the 2015 Holiday Catalog.
WEEKLY DEALS FOR 29 Dec – 4 Jan 16!! Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through 4 Jan!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
STAMPS-N-LINGERS 2016 OCCASIONS CATALOG SHARES
1. New Designer Series Paper Share – $17.00 plus $5 for Priority Mail shipping.
In all, you’ll receive 80 6” x 6” sheets of designer papers!
- It’s My Party DSP – 24 sheets – two of each design
- Birthday Bouquet DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
- Love Blossoms DSP – 12 Sheets – one of each design
- Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper – 1 sheet
- Botanical Gardens DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
- Shine on Specialty DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
- Have a Cuppa DSP – 12 sheets – one of each design
- Going Places DSP – 12 sheets – one of each design
- Red Foil Sheets – 1 sheet
2. New Ribbon and Embellishment Share – $15 plus $3.50 for 1st Class Mail shipping for a full Ribbon & Embellishment share.
In all you’ll receive 16 yards of new ribbon and 46 new embellishments!
- Basic Black/Melon Mambo Baker’s Twine – 5 yds
- Basic Black/Mint Macaron – 5 yds
- Pool Party 3/8” Glitter Ribbon – 2 yds
- Watermelon Wonder 1″ Stitched Satin Ribbon – 2 yds
- Bermuda Bay 1/8″ Stitched Ribbon – 2 yds
- It’s My Party Enamel Dots – 12 (2 each of 3 colors in 2 sizes)
- Honeycomb Embellishments – 1 each of 3 colors
- Bow Paper Clip Embellishments – 4 pieces
- Botanical Gardens Jewels – 4 pieces
- Iced Rhinestone Embellishments – 8 (4 of each of 2 sizes)
- Have a Cuppa Embellishments – 3 pieces (1 of each design)
- Polka Dot Cones Cellophane Bags – 2 bags
3. Want it all? $35 – and you’ll get shares of all of the new Designer Series Papers, ribbons and embellishments. Plus I’ll ship it for free!
And if you’d like double shares of either the designer paper or ribbon, that works, too. I’ll cut the paper sheets into 6×12 so that you’ll be able to get 3 full A2 size card fronts from each sheet (except for the Love Blossoms, DSP Stack, Have a Cuppa DSP Stack and Going Places DSP Stack, you’ll get double sheets of those since they’re already precut at 6″x6″!).
- See pictures of the Papers, Ribbons and Embellishments on my 2016 Occasions Catalog Shares page!
- Deadline to sign up for the shares is 3 Jan 16 at 5pm MST
- I’ll submit the order on 5 Jan 16 when the Catalog goes Live
- You’ll receive a PayPal Invoice one week prior (so, around 29 Dec), unless you sign up after that date, at which time you’ll get an invoice right away. I’ll need payment before I submit the share, please! 🙂
- Anyone is welcome to join in my share (please note, I can only ship to addresses within the US).
- To see pictures of all the goodies, and get signed up for your piece of the fun, head over to the 2016 Occasions Catalog Shares page!
YEAR END SALE GOING ON NOW!
Stampin’ Up! has placed more products on clearance and the discounts are up to 60 percent, so you’ll will want to take advantage of these amazing deals!
During the Year-End Sale, you can find ALL discounted products in one location in the online store: under the Year-End Sale category. So don’t fret if you don’t see the category “Clearance Rack” on the online store right now–it has been integrated into the Year-End Sale. See the savings now!
- Promotion Dates: December 10, 2015-January 4, 2016.
- No minimum purchase required.
- No refunds or exchanges on Year-End Sale items.
- Items offered during the Year-End Sale are while supplies last.
- You can add non-Year-End-Sale items to any online order!
- Year-End Sale orders are eligible for Stampin’ Rewards with qualifying orders.
- Following the Year-End Sale, some remaining items may stay in the Clearance Rack. Other items may be removed from the Clearance Rack to be added at another undetermined time.
- Place your orders online thru my online store!
- Deadline for ordering is January 4, 2016; 11:50 PM (MT)
- Dates: 16 Nov 15 – 4 Jan 16 (or while supplies last)
- Holiday Catalog Retiring List: The list is available here. It’s going to be updated every business day, so I’ll be checking and updating this link with every post.
- Remaining inventory for retiring products may appear later on the Clearance Rack. Here’s a link to the Clearance Rack – be sure to check often to see if your favorite hits the rack!
- Due to high demand for retiring stamps, Stampin’ Up! plans to keep producing retiring stamps until December 28. This is only applicable to stamps. Accessories are only available until they run out!
STAMPIN’ UP! PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S CARD:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
CARD CUTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
Rose Red Card Stock:4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base, scored and folded at 5 1/2″); Itty Bitty Accent punch flowers
Blushing Bride Card Stock: 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ (mats for card front and inner liner); Itty Bitty Accent punch flowers
Whisper White Card Stock: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (card front and inner liner); Hearth and Home window frame and window box die cuts; to fit behind the window for the “scene”; sentiment banner
Daffodil Delight: Itty Bitty Accent punch flowers
Whisper White Envelope Paper: 8 1/8″ square (envelope)
Regals DSP in Rose Red: 4 1/2″ square (envelope liner)
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Shop the Clearance Rack here. Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Punkin Head Peppermint Rewards – My online customer thank you program!
BACKORDER LIST AS OF 30 Dec 15
140603: Big Shot Die Brush (189 backordered; 10,896 expected)
126995: Stampin’ Trimmer Cutting Blades (1,191 backordered; 6,688 expected) (due to quality issues, we probably won’t see these in stock until the end of February)
RETIRED LIST (These products are officially retired and will no longer be available once our current inventory is depleted.)
2015 Holiday Retiring List
140969: Witching Décor Project Kit (sold out)
139673: Woodland Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (sold out; Will be returning in the 2016 Annual Catalog – Whoo-hoo!)
139670: Sleigh Ride Edgelits Dies (sold out)
140861: Jingle All the Way Bundle (wood-mount; sold out)
140862: Jingle All the Way Bundle (clear-mount; sold out)
I love this Mary! The little scene that you’ve created outside the window is awesome and the hearts and flowers are perfect. Awesome card!! 🙂