Today’s share is quick and easy! And uses one of my very favorite stamps from the 2016 Holiday Catalog that, sadly, is retiring in January. 🙁
The Dove of Peace stamp is an elegant, religious Christmas stamp – with the added appeal of being suitable for coloring and customizing to suit your craft! For this card today, I’ve kept it very, very clean and simple. It’s monochromatic in white and Cherry Cobbler. Take a look-see:
I started with a panel of Whisper White card stock, and stamped just the Dove image in Versamark Ink and then heat embossed it with Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Emboss Powder. Then I decided to add just a little texture, so I ran the panel thru my Big Shot, in the Boughs & Berries TIEF (also retiring).
That set my boundaries for the bottom portion of my front image, so I taped off most of the stamp with Post-It Tape, and inked up just the first line of the sentiment on the stamp with Cherry Cobbler Ink. I used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to ensure I got the line exactly where I want it. I had to do a little touching up after I stamped it – so I used my Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Write Marker.
The embellishement is two Itty Bitty Accent Punch Pack stars, punched from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper and Cherry Cobbler card stock. I used the Fine-Tip Glue Pen to adhere them together, added a silver star from the Metallics Sequin Assortment, and finished it off with a Rhinestone Basic Jewel. Then I stuck it on the card front with another dab of glue.
The mat for the card front is a piece of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper. I used my little 7/8″ Scallop Circle Punch to punch out a bunch of circles from the piece of Glimmer Paper. I didn’t need it to be solid behind the card front, and the holes let me use Stampin’ Dimensionals and mitigate some of the difficulty of adhering to that glittery paper! And guess where my Itty Bitty star came from?? 😉
I edged the card front with my Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Write Marker, and then adhered it over the Glimmer Paper mat.
On the inside, I punched more 7/8″ Scallop Circles and one more Itty Bitty Accent Punch Pack star from another panel of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper, and then SNAILd that to the inside of my Cherry Cobbler card base. The liner itself is a piece of Whisper White card stock, stamped with the remainder of the sentiment on the Dove of Peace stamp, in Cherry Cobbler. I did this by taping off everything except the portion of the sentiment that I wanted. I added another star embellishment identical to the one on the front, and then used Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue in the holes in the Glimmer Paper and adhered the panel to the inside of the card.
The envelope is a Whisper White Medium Envelope, embellished with some stars on the front. I used my sponge and the “stencil” created when I cut the Itty Bitty Stars from the Cherry Cobbler card stock to make my Cherry Cobbler stars – and then I added some very light color with the almost-dry sponge….
…and for the inside, I made a liner with my Envelope Liner Framelits. I cut it from a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock, and then I ran it thru the Boughs & Berries TIEF.
Et Voila! Super Simple. One single stamp.
I hope that you enjoyed it – and will take a look at the Retiring Products in my online store to add Dove of Peace and Boughs & Berries to your tool stash, before they’re gone for good!
Have a good day, enjoy your Saturday and I’ll see you tomorrow!
P.S. Be sure to take a look at the Stamps-N-Lingers 2016 Occasions Catalog Shares – and get in while there’s time!
1 Dec – 15 Dec Hostess Code: 9HJWPKPH. Use this hostess code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards/Hostess $$ if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift for Dec is your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the brand new 2015-16 Annual Catalog or the 2015 Holiday Catalog.
WEEKLY DEALS FOR 1 Dec – 7 Dec 15!! Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through 7 Dec!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
STAMPS-N-LINGERS 2016 OCCASIONS CATALOG SHARES
1. New Designer Series Paper Share – $17.00 plus $5 for Priority Mail shipping.
In all, you’ll receive 80 6” x 6” sheets of designer papers!
- It’s My Party DSP – 24 sheets – two of each design
- Birthday Bouquet DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
- Love Blossoms DSP – 12 Sheets – one of each design
- Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper – 1 sheet
- Botanical Gardens DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
- Shine on Specialty DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
- Have a Cuppa DSP – 12 sheets – one of each design
- Going Places DSP – 12 sheets – one of each design
- Red Foil Sheets – 1 sheet
2. New Ribbon and Embellishment Share – $15 plus $3.50 for 1st Class Mail shipping for a full Ribbon & Embellishment share.
In all you’ll receive 10 yards of new ribbon and 46 new embellishments!
- Basic Black/Melon Mambo Baker’s Twine – 2 yds
- Basic Black/Mint Macaron – 2 yds
- Pool Party 3/8” Glitter Ribbon – 2 yds
- Watermelon Wonder 1″ Stitched Satin Ribbon – 2 yds
- Bermuda Bay 1/8″ Stitched Ribbon – 2 yds
- It’s My Party Enamel Dots – 12 (2 each of 3 colors in 2 sizes)
- Honeycomb Embellishments – 1 each of 3 colors
- Bow Paper Clip Embellishments – 4 pieces
- Botanical Gardens Jewels – 4 pieces
- Iced Rhinestone Embellishments – 8 (4 of each of 2 sizes)
- Have a Cuppa Embellishments – 3 pieces (1 of each design)
- Polka Dot Cones Cellophane Bags – 2 bags
3. Want it all? $35 – and you’ll get shares of all of the new Designer Series Papers, ribbons and embellishments. Plus I’ll ship it for free!
And if you’d like double shares of either the designer paper or ribbon, that works, too. I’ll cut the paper sheets into 6×12 so that you’ll be able to get 3 full A2 size card fronts from each sheet (except for the Love Blossoms, DSP Stack, Have a Cuppa DSP Stack and Going Places DSP Stack, you’ll get double sheets of those since they’re already precut at 6″x6″!).
- Deadline to sign up for the shares is 3 Jan 16 at 5pm MST
- I’ll submit the order on 5 Jan 16 when the Catalog goes Live
- You’ll receive a PayPal Invoice one week prior (so, around 29 Dec), unless you sign up after that date, at which time you’ll get an invoice right away. I’ll need payment before I submit the share, please! 🙂
- Anyone is welcome to join in my share (please note, I can only ship to addresses within the US).
- To see pictures of the Designer Papers, Ribbons and Embellishments, head over to the 2016 Occasions Catalog Shares page, where you’ll also see how to get signed up for your piece of the fun!
- Dates: 16 Nov 15 – 4 Jan 16 (or while supplies last)
- Holiday Catalog Retiring List: The list is available here. It’s going to be updated every business day, so I’ll be checking and updating this link with every post.
- Remaining inventory for retiring products may appear later on the Clearance Rack. Here’s a link to the Clearance Rack – be sure to check often to see if your favorite hits the rack!
- Due to high demand for retiring stamps, Stampin’ Up! plans to keep producing retiring stamps until December 28. This is only applicable to stamps. Accessories are only available until they run out!
STAMPIN’ UP PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT
Cherry Cobbler Card Stock: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ (card base, scored and folded at 4 1/4″); envelope liner; Itty Bitty Accent Punch stars
Whisper White Card Stock: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (card front and inner liner)
Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper: 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ (card front mat and inner liner mat); Itty Bitty Accent Punch stars
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
BACKORDER LIST AS OF 3 Dec 15
131188: Regals 12″ x 12″ Cardstock (11 backordered; 360 expected)
139647: To You and Yours Shaker Cards Project Kit (128 backordered; 5,000 expected)
138401: Gold Metallic Thread (83 backordered; 2,560 expected)
139618: Gold Cording Trim (3,869 backordered; 5,248 expected)
139620: Silver Cording Trim (2,159 backordered; 3,520 expected)