It’s Friday, it’s Friday! Whoo-hoo!! I am very ready indeed – and I hope that you have something fun to look forward to this weekend. And, I don’t want to put too fine a point on it, but….there’s only 21 shopping day till Christmas. Just sayin’….
Speaking of Christmas – why don’t you try to get a little sumpin’-sumpin’ for free for Christmas? Like….some Blog Candy! You’ve still got a few days to get entered. Entries close Monday afternoon – I’ll draw Tuesday morning. Here’s the spot to go to get your name in the hat. 🙂
And speaking of FREE – who doesn’t like free stuff? If any of you raised your hands, I would respectfully call you out as a fibber! We all like free things! And starting on 5 Jan 16 – Stampin’ Up! is giving you an awesome chance to earn free products. That’s right – it’s almost Sale-A-Bration Time!!! On 5 Jan 16, the very same day that the 2016 Occasions Catalog goes live, Sale-A-Bration starts. From 5 Jan – 31 Mar, for every $50 in product that you spend (before shipping and taxes), you’ll get to pick a FREE item from the SAB catalog. And there are some really fun things – including the stamp set and pretty Designer Paper that I used in my sneak peek card today. This set is called Sky Is The Limit. Take a look-see:
Yea. It’s cool! And that paper – called Perfectly Artistic DSP – is so pretty. It’s this marble-y pattern on one side and a soft watercolor wash on the other side. This is paper that makes a statement and adds all sorts of “design” to a card – with little to no effort on my part! That works for me!
I drew my design inspiration from the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #215. Head over and check out all the designers ideas, and maybe play along, too!
To start with, I SNAILd a piece of the marbled Perfectly Artistic DSP to a panel of Whisper White card stock. Over the seam, I placed a length of Basic Black 3/8″ Stitched Satin Ribbon, using a little tape on the back to hold it in place.
Now – for darned near every stamp on this card, I used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig. So, if I don’t mention it every time, just assume I used it, okay? 😉
I first stamped the sky-writer heart image from the Sky Is the Limit set – I used my Bermuda Bay Stampin’ Write Marker to ink up the stamp. Over that, I stamped the fun airplane in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.
I built the sentiment banner from a piece of Whisper White card stock, layered over a piece of Silver Foil. I used my Paper Snips to cut the banner ends, since I left my Banner Triple Punch back in Atlanta, and adhered the two layers together with Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue. The sentiment is stamped in Tuxedo Black and the little clouds are done in Bermuda Bay (using the Marker-to-stamp technique). Then I slid the banner under the ribbon, and stuck it in place with a little more Liquid Glue.
I layered the card front onto a piece of Silver Foil and then layered THAT onto a second mat of Basic Black card stock. Yes, that’s two mats – just mixin’ it up a little! 🙂
For the inside, I stamped the Happy Birthday image from Sky Is The Limit (if you’re keeping track, you’ve figured out that this whole card was done using just this one super stamp set!) in Tuxedo Black, then I added the sky-writer image again in Bermuda Bay. I let the image “trail” off the edge, leaving us to assume the airplane has flown off!
You can see how handy the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig was in making this card! The inner liner got a Silver Foil and a Basic Black card stock mat, and then I SNAILd it into my Night of Navy card base.
I added the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals, and that was it for the card.
For the Whisper White Medium Envelope, I stamped the Sky Is the Limit sky-writer image in Bermuda Bay, and then surrounded it with more clouds, also in Bermuda Bay – I would stamp one and then do a second stamp without re-inking….
….the inside got a liner cut from more of the Perfectly Artistic DSP, using my Envelope Liner Framelits.
Et Voila! A wonderful birthday card – good for a man or a woman! Don’t you think the paper is great? All that color and movement – and no extra work for the crafter! And the stamp set has everything you need to make a great card – outside sentiments, inside sentiments and fun, coordinated images. And – you could get them FREE!
So – are you getting excited for the Occasions catalog and the Sale-A-Bration to begin!? I sure am.
Speaking of which – if you’ve ordered from me this year, you should be watching your mailboxes for your very own copy of both these upcoming catalogs! If you haven’t ordered from me, but think that you might, and would like a catalog, just go to my Contact Page and let me know and I’ll get one out to you soonest. If you’ve already got a Demonstrator that helps you, be sure to contact her to get your very own catalogs!
Don’t forget that the Stamps-N-Lingers 2016 Occasions Catalog Shares are open! 🙂
Have a good day and I’ll see you tomorrow!
P.S. In the listing of products used for this project, you won’t see the Sky Is The Limit stamp set or the Perfectly Artistic DSP – sorry. But until it’s available to you, I can’t show it! 🙁
P.P.S If you do decide to head out to do some Christmas shopping, please be careful. Keep your head up and your wits about you, please. These are scary times we’re living in – no need to be afraid and stop or change your normal activities. But – you should be paying attention! Please.
1 Dec – 15 Dec Hostess Code: 9HJWPKPH. Use this hostess code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards/Hostess $$ if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift for Dec is your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the brand new 2015-16 Annual Catalog or the 2015 Holiday Catalog.
WEEKLY DEALS FOR 1 Dec – 7 Dec 15!! Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through 7 Dec!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
STAMPS-N-LINGERS 2016 OCCASIONS CATALOG SHARES
1. New Designer Series Paper Share – $17.00 plus $5 for Priority Mail shipping.
In all, you’ll receive 80 6” x 6” sheets of designer papers!
- It’s My Party DSP – 24 sheets – two of each design
- Birthday Bouquet DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
- Love Blossoms DSP – 12 Sheets – one of each design
- Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper – 1 sheet
- Botanical Gardens DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
- Shine on Specialty DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
- Have a Cuppa DSP – 12 sheets – one of each design
- Going Places DSP – 12 sheets – one of each design
- Red Foil Sheets – 1 sheet
2. New Ribbon and Embellishment Share – $15 plus $3.50 for 1st Class Mail shipping for a full Ribbon & Embellishment share.
In all you’ll receive 10 yards of new ribbon and 46 new embellishments!
- Basic Black/Melon Mambo Baker’s Twine – 2 yds
- Basic Black/Mint Macaron – 2 yds
- Pool Party 3/8” Glitter Ribbon – 2 yds
- Watermelon Wonder 1″ Stitched Satin Ribbon – 2 yds
- Bermuda Bay 1/8″ Stitched Ribbon – 2 yds
- It’s My Party Enamel Dots – 12 (2 each of 3 colors in 2 sizes)
- Honeycomb Embellishments – 1 each of 3 colors
- Bow Paper Clip Embellishments – 4 pieces
- Botanical Gardens Jewels – 4 pieces
- Iced Rhinestone Embellishments – 8 (4 of each of 2 sizes)
- Have a Cuppa Embellishments – 3 pieces (1 of each design)
- Polka Dot Cones Cellophane Bags – 2 bags
3. Want it all? $35 – and you’ll get shares of all of the new Designer Series Papers, ribbons and embellishments. Plus I’ll ship it for free!
And if you’d like double shares of either the designer paper or ribbon, that works, too. I’ll cut the paper sheets into 6×12 so that you’ll be able to get 3 full A2 size card fronts from each sheet (except for the Love Blossoms, DSP Stack, Have a Cuppa DSP Stack and Going Places DSP Stack, you’ll get double sheets of those since they’re already precut at 6″x6″!).
- Deadline to sign up for the shares is 3 Jan 16 at 5pm MST
- I’ll submit the order on 5 Jan 16 when the Catalog goes Live
- You’ll receive a PayPal Invoice one week prior (so, around 29 Dec), unless you sign up after that date, at which time you’ll get an invoice right away. I’ll need payment before I submit the share, please! 🙂
- Anyone is welcome to join in my share (please note, I can only ship to addresses within the US).
- To see pictures of the Designer Papers, Ribbons and Embellishments, head over to the 2016 Occasions Catalog Shares page, where you’ll also see how to get signed up for your piece of the fun!
- Dates: 16 Nov 15 – 4 Jan 16 (or while supplies last)
- Holiday Catalog Retiring List: The list is available here. It’s going to be updated every business day, so I’ll be checking and updating this link with every post.
- Remaining inventory for retiring products may appear later on the Clearance Rack. Here’s a link to the Clearance Rack – be sure to check often to see if your favorite hits the rack!
- Due to high demand for retiring stamps, Stampin’ Up! plans to keep producing retiring stamps until December 28. This is only applicable to stamps. Accessories are only available until they run out!
STAMPIN’ UP PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
Night of Navy Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base, scored and folded at 5 1/2″)
Whisper White Card Stock: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (card front mat and inner liner); 2 1/8″ x ~2 1/2″ (sentiment banner)
Silver Foil: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (card front mat and inner liner mat): 2 1/4″ x ~2 5/8″ (sentiment banner mat)
Basic Black Card Stock: 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ (card front mat and inner liner mat)
Perfectly Artistic DSP: 3 3/8″ x 3 7/8″ (card front); envelope liner
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Shop the Clearance Rack here. Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Punkin Head Peppermint Rewards – My online customer thank you program!
BACKORDER LIST AS OF 3 Dec 15
131188: Regals 12″ x 12″ Cardstock (11 backordered; 360 expected)
139647: To You and Yours Shaker Cards Project Kit (128 backordered; 5,000 expected)
138401: Gold Metallic Thread (83 backordered; 2,560 expected)
139618: Gold Cording Trim (3,869 backordered; 5,248 expected)
139620: Silver Cording Trim (2,159 backordered; 3,520 expected)
I LOVE this!!! Fantastic design, great use of that new stamp set and DSP. Perfectly done! 🙂