Good morning on the day after World Card Making Day. I know a lot of you joined us on our Inkin’ Krew Event and I hope you had a great time and learned some new tips and tricks – and got some fun project ideas!
For my presentation, I used the new Warm Welcome stamp set and bundled dies by the same name – yes, Stampin’ UP! is moving towards naming the die sets the same as their matching stamp set – YEAH! – to make a cool and easy Side Step Fun Fold Card. The Celebrate Everything DSP has two designs that made for a perfect start. And – I snagged a sentiment from Sweet Songbirds so that I could get my message across! Take a look-see:
Right?! Too cute. And – it’s super easy!
I started with a 5 1/2″ x 8″ piece of Poppy Parade cardstock that, using my Simply Scored Scoring Tool, I scored along the long side at 3″, 6″ and 7″. I folded the scored lines as a mountain (3″), valley (6″) and mountain (7″). This is the main card base.
On a piece of Basic White cardstock, I stamped the word “Welcome” in Poppy Parade ink, using the sentiment from the Warm Welcome stamp set. Then I used a second sentiment (“to my home”) and inked just the word “home” in Granny Apple Green and stamped it under the first word. In the corner, I stamped the sweet little kitty in Early Espresso and colored him with my Dark So Saffron Stampin’ Blend. I used the fine-tip end of the Crumb Cake Stampin’ Write Marker to add a little “ground” under him.
Then I matted the panel on Early Espresso and used Liquid Glue to adhere it to the inside of the main card base. Tip: I recommend that you do this inside panel first – BEFORE you assemble the rest of the card. LOTS easier! 🙂
I matted some leafy paper from the Celebrate You DSP pack on Early Espresso and adhered it to the front of the card with Liquid Glue. The same paper is also on the narrow strip on the front.
Then I scored a 3″ x 6″ piece of Poppy Parade cardstock at 4 1/4″ – and folded it as a mountain. That’s the side-step panel.
I matted some Granny Apple Green paper from Celebrate You on Early Espresso and adhered it to the larger portion of the Side Step panel with Liquid Glue.
On a piece of Basic White cardstock, I stamped the open door image from Warm Welcome in Early Espresso. Using the coordinating die in Warm Welcome, I cut out the door. Then I used the rectangle die to cut out the center of the door opening.
I colored the door with my Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends – then adhered it to the front of the side step panel using Foam Adhesive Strips and Stampin’ Dimensionals.
In Early Espresso ink, I stamped the arm-holding-the-bouquet and the kitty on the piece that I cut out of the door opening. I colored them like this:
– Flowers/Leaves – Poppy Parade, Crushed Curry and Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Write Markers
– Flower wrapper – Gray Granite Stampin’ Blends
– Hand – Medium Light Stampin’ Blend
– Arm/Sleeve – Light Tahitian Tide Stampin’ Blend
– Kitty – Dark So Saffron Stampin’ Blend
– Background – Light Balmy Blue Stampin’ Blend
– “Ground” under kitty – Crumb Cake Stampin’ Write Marker
Using Liquid Glue, I adhered the “scene” back inside the door opening.
I used Liquid Glue on the bottom 1″ of the side-step panel and adhered it to the narrow bottom strip – aligning the bottoms. Then I closed the card base and used more Liquid Glue to adhere the smaller portion of the panel to the back of the main card base – thus creating the side-step panel. You can see how to do it in the video I did – the link is down below!
I matted another piece of the fall leaf paper from Celebrate Everything in Early Espresso and adhered it the back of the card.
I used the small plaque die from the Warm Welcome set to cut an Early Espresso plaque and adhered it to the front of the narrow strip.
This die set has super cute number dies – “0” thru “9” – and I used them to cut two numbers from Brushed Metallic Cardstock, which I adhered to the plaque with Liquid Glue.
Finally – I stamped the sentiment from Sweet Songbirds in Poppy Parade on Basic White and used the die from Warm Welcome to cut it out. Note: I called that die out in the picture above.
I popped it onto the side panel of the main card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals – added a Heart Pearl and the card was done!
My Basic White Medium Envelope got the Warm Welcome kitty on the front…
…and more Celebrate Everything DSP on the envelope flap.
Et Voila! This version of a side-step card is absolutely one of my fave fun folds – it’s super easy – and it stands up like a boss – making a perfect display piece. Since it’s so easy to assemble – you can spend the extra time decorating the heck out of it! I made this one into a welcome home card using the new Warm Welcome stamp set and bundled dies – plus a Sweet Songbirds sentiment. The cool Celebrate Everything DSP – which is a host-exclusive pack – has all the right patterns for all your projects!
If you’d like to recreate this card, all the products and card cuts you’ll need are down below! And – this is the card I made yesterday for the Inkin’ Krew WCMD Event Facebook Live video – if you’d like to see it – for the first time or again! – here ’tis!
And…I’ve also created a printable PDF with written instructions and a list of the products used to create this project. You can download, print and/or save it by clicking this image:
Missed any tutorials? You can check out my past projects right here!
Connect with me! https://campsite.bio/stampsnlingers
HOST CODE FOR 1 OCT – 15 OCT: SCFS2B2G
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift (AND the Monthly Card Tutorial) from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in any active Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Customer Rewards page for full details.
Note: Make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards!
You’ll also be getting a link to my ZOOM The Craftroom (an exclusive TWICE-A-WEEK online event for my customers) and the monthly Online Tutorial. The October Tutorial features the Leaves of Holly Bundle!
Double Peppermints Ordering Special
1 Oct – 7 Oct 2022!
Here’s the deets!
1. All orders of $50 or greater (before shipping and taxes) placed in my online store thru 1:59am (Eastern Time) on 7 Oct 2022 will earn DOUBLE PEPPERMINT REWARD POINTS!!
2. Don’t forget to add my Host Code (SCFS2B2G) if your order is under $150 to get your free thank you gift (orders over $150 automatically get the free thank you gift – so don’t put in the host code!). Hey, Host Club ladies – be sure you’re adding YOUR host code (not mine!) – you’re getting Double Peppermints anyway!! 🤙🤙🤙
3. For more information about my Punkin Head Peppermint Reward points (my buyer reward program), click here.
Here’s a handy link right to my Online Store. 🙂
Drop me a note at Stamps-N-Lingers@comcast.net if you have any questions.
That’s right – it a ONE DAY ONLY FREE SHIPPING extravaganza on orders over $75 (before tax)!!
Here’s the deets!
– FREE SHIPPING starts at 12:01AM MOUNTAIN TIME on 4 Oct and ENDS at 11:59PM on 4 Oct. Yes – ONE. DAY. ONLY!!
– Free shipping applies after the qualifying amount has been met.
– The minimum qualifying amount to receive free shipping is $75 or more (before tax). WEIRD that my Double Peppermints Special is the SAME amount! 🤔🤔🤔
– If you use a coupon code, please remember it will lower the order’s retail amount. The order must still meet the qualifying threshold of $75 to be eligible for free shipping.
– Free shipping only applies during the 24-hour period the promotion is live – which means that the order must be opened and closed on 4 October 2022.
– With the exception of month-to-month Paper Pumpkin subscriptions, all Stampin’ Up! products qualify for the promotion.
– Prepaid Paper Pumpkin subscriptions are eligible for FREE shipping under the same rules as all other Stampin’ Up! items during the promotion.
– Month-to-month Paper Pumpkin subscriptions are NOT eligible for free shipping. Subscriptions billed and shipped this month will be charged for the normal amount ($23.50 USD | $32.50 CAD shipping included) + tax.
– The free shipping promotion does not cover the additional cost for expedited shipping.
NEW KIT! The Birthday Organizer Kit
Coming on 4 Oct 22
The Birthday Card Organizer Kit has everything you need to plan ahead and never forget another birthday again! And who doesn’t need THAT!?!
- Item #161056 $25
- Kit includes one 8″ x 10″ (20.3 x 25.4 cm) monthly planner with space to record birthdays each month as well as a pocket sleeve to hold birthday cards.
- Includes 12 full-size birthday cards, 6 of 2 designs, and 12 coordinating envelopes.
- Includes Glue Dots, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Adhesive-Backed Embellishments, and Tear & Tape Adhesive
- Includes die-cut florals and pieces ready for you to use—no prep work required!
- Includes sticker sentiments and die-cut labels in Dutch, English, French, and German
- Coordinating colors: Basic Black, Evening Evergreen, Petal Pink, Sahara Sand, and Soft Succulent
Starter Kit PLUS Joining Special
Starts on 4 Oct 2022!
October is a fabulous time to join Stampin’ Up! You will get even MORE FREE products in your customizable Starter Kit! Between October 4-31, when you join, you will get $155 worth of products in your Starter Kit for only $99!! That’s an EXTRA $30 in FREE product of your choice!! Plus you’ll get free shipping and all the fun being a part of Stampin’ Up! and our Inkin’ Krew Team!
STARTER KIT+ PROMOTION DATES: 4 – 31 OCTOBER 2022
- When you purchase your Starter Kit, you will be able to redeem $155 of Starter Kit eligible products for just $99!!
- You can select any eligible Stampin’ Up! products up to the stated value of $155.
- Your Starter Kit also includes business resources like catalogs, brochures, order forms, and postcards.
- The Starter Kit also includes a FREE past Paper Pumpkin kit!
- In addition to the amazing added value to your Starter Kit, when you join Stampin’ Up! you get to be a part of our amazing community of crafters. Plus, you get to enjoy sharing simple and fun crafting experiences with others, early access to products, and exclusive access to training events!!
- New demonstrators who submit their Independent Demonstrator Agreement (IDA) before 4 October or after 31 October will not be eligible for this offer.
- Starter Kit+ promotion begins: 4 October 2022
- Starter Kit+ promotion ends: 31 October 2022 at 11:50 PM MT
You can check out more information about joining our team here and more details about the benefits of being a Demonstrator and find the link to join here (but…WAIT UNTIL THE 4th!!)
Let me know if you have any questions. We’d love to have you join us and get this great deal on your Starter Kit!
Get the Stampin’ Up! Products Used in this Project:
Card Cuts Used in This Project:
Poppy Parade Cardstock: 5 1/2″ x 8″ (card base, scored and folded at 3″, 6″ and 7″); 3″ x 6″ (side step panel,scored and folded at 4 1/4″)
Early Espresso Cardstock: 2 7/8″ x 5 3/8″ (x3 – mats for front and back and inner liner of main card base); 7/8″ x 5 3/8″ (mat for smallest front panel of main card base); 2 7/8″ x 4 1/8″ (mat for front of side-step panel)
Basic White Cardstock: 2 3/4″ x 5 1/4″ (inner liner of main card base); Warm Welcome die cut label (sentiment); Warm Welcome die cut stamped door and kitty on back of card
Celebrate Everything DSP: 2 3/4″ x 5 1/4″ (x2 – front and back of main card base); 3/4″ x 5 1/4″ (smallest front panel of main card); 2 3/4″x 4″ (front of side-step panel); 2 1/4″ x 6″ (envelope flap)
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Shop the Clearance Rack here. Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Punkin Head Peppermint Rewards – My online customer thank you program!
Finn Fan Fix
Such a cute card! Love the colors and the fun design! The kitty is too cute! Poor Finn, stuck with only the leftovers stuck to the bottom of the pan. It’s a rough life! 🙂