Happy Happy Hawwwmp Day! Hope your week is going well – and that you’re staying warm! 🥶🥶🥶🥶
I realized that my sympathy card supply was really low (like…totally depleted!) so I reached for my go-to sentiment set for such things – Peaceful Moments. Obviously this great set has other wonderful sentiments but – that’s the one I seem to pull it out for the most. And I decided to go full-on pretty and the Free Daffodil Afternoon DSP with the coordinating Daffodil Daydream bundle called my name! Take a look-see:
The layout for this one is from the Sunday Stamps sketch challenge this week.
I started by adhering a piece of Daffodil Afternoon DSP to the front of an Evening Evergreen cardbase. You’ll remember that this paper can be yours for the low, low price of…FREE!!….with a $50 purchase (before shipping & tax) during Sale-a-Bration!!
I pulled a second design from the pack and cut two of the next-to-largest Stitched So Sweetly rectangle die cuts and adhered them to the card front with Liquid Glue.
I pulled out the Daffodil Die set and set about to cutting stems and flower petals.
Each of the flowers on the card takes several pieces – adhered together with Liquid Glue.
Here’s a little legend.
I cut solid petals from Daffodil Delight cardstock. The set has TWO of several of the more oft-needed dies!
And I cut detailed petals from Crushed Curry cardstock. The numbers of the dies below correspond to their matching solid die above. With me so far?
And now the flower recipes.
To make the flower on the left side of the card (as you look at it)
- Cut two #1 solid and two #1 detailed die cuts – and adhere the detailed cut to the solid cut with Liquid Glue.
- Use Liquid Glue in the flower center to adhere the two resulting “petals” together.
- Cut one #3 solid and one #3 detailed die cut – and adhere the detailed cut to the solid cut with Liquid Glue.
- Use Liquid Glue to adhere the #3 flower to the other adhered-together #1 petals.
To make the flower “bud” (center):
- Cut one #4 solid and one #4 detailed die cuts – and adhere the detailed cut to the solid cut with Liquid Glue.
To make the right-most flower:
- Cut one #2 solid and one #2 detailed die cut – and adhere the detailed cut to the solid cut with Liquid Glue.
- Use Liquid Glue in the flower center to adhere the two resulting “petals” together.
- Use Liquid Glue to adhere the completed #3 flower to the completed #2 petals.
Did that make sense? I hope so! 🤷♀️
I also used the narrow stem dies to cut three Pear Pizzazz stems and the wider ones to cut three stems from Evening Evergreen 2021-2023 In Color Shimmer Vellum.
I used Liquid Glue to adhere the stems and first two flowers to the card front. Note: I trimmed two of the Pear Pizzazz stems down a little to fit the card front. I cut off the TOPS of the stems (hidden under the left and right flowers) so that the bottom would stay “pretty”! 🙂
I stamped the Peaceful Moments sentiment in Evening Evergreen on a piece of Basic White and cut it with a Stitched So Sweetly die. Then I popped it over the stems with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I added the final flower – using a Dimensional and a little Liquid Glue.
I tied a little bow from a length of Evening Evergreen 3/8″ Windowpane Check Ribbon and adhered it with a Glue Dot.
To finish off the card front, I added some Brushed Brass Butterflies to the sentiment.
On the inside, I stamped a Daffodil Daydream flower in Evening Evergreen in the corner of a Basic White panel. I colored the flower with my Daffodil Delight and Crushed Curry Watercolor Pencils and the leaves with my Light Evening Evergreen Stampin’ Blend. Then…added a few more Brushed Brass Butterflies!
I used Liquid Glue to adhere the panel to a Pear Pizzazz mat and into the Evening Evergreen card base and the card was done.
My Basic White Medium Envelope got the Daffodil Daydream flower on the front…
…and more of the Daffodil Afternoon DSP on the envelope flap.
Et Voila! Oh my goodness. Okay – I PROMISE to not use this Daffodil Afternoon DSP on EVERY card between now and the end of Sale-A-Bration. But it’s going to be hard. I mean – it’s GORGEOUS. AND it’s FREE. Hard to pass up! And the coordinating Daffodil Daydream Bundle (which happens to be just over $50 – so you can get it and then pick the paper for free and be ready to roll!) is simply perfect. Peaceful Moments is a wonderful set – in the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog – that more than deserves its space on your stamp shelf!
I hope you like!
If you’d like to recreate this card, all the products and card cuts are listed below!
And…I’ve also created a printable PDF with written instructions and a list of the products used to create this project. You can download, print and/or save it by clicking this image:
Missed any tutorials? You can check out my past projects right here!
Connect with me! https://campsite.bio/stampsnlingers
HOST CODE FOR 1 JAN – 15 JAN: AXXYEK2N
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift (AND the Monthly Card Tutorial) from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in any active Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Customer Rewards page for full details.
Note: Make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards!
You’ll also be getting a link to my ZOOM The Craftroom (an exclusive TWICE-A-WEEK online event for my customers) and the monthly Online Tutorial. The January Tutorial features the Honeybee Home Bundle!
As is the case with ALL our Stampin’ Up! Sale-a-Brations, the January – February Sale-a-bration event has a SHOP, HOST and JOIN promotion! Check it out!
There are 7 new products (4 stamp sets and 3 paper packs) that are available as free items to choose from with a Level 1 order (free with an order of $50+) and 2 new items (1 stamp set and paper BUNDLE and and an amazing Sentiment set!) that are available as free choices with a Level 2 order (free with an order of $100+). So many good things to pick from!
There’s also a great new host exclusive stamp set called Calming Camelia that you can pick up for FREE with either a personal order of $300+ or a party with sales totaling $300+! Drop me an email at email@example.com if you’re interested in setting up a personal host code for you and your friends to use – when you collect orders to reach the $300 retail point then you’ll get this cool sentiment-only stamp set for FREE! And that’s on TOP of the free Sale-A-Bration picks you’ll have!
JOIN – HERE’S THE BEST PART OF ALL!
If you didn’t have a long list at the START of this blog post, I’m guessing you do, now! I can help you with that! AND – get you hooked up for a 20-25% discount on EVERYTHING you purchase? Joining the team is the way to score that discount and now is a super stupendous time to do that!
Cuz….we’ve got an AMAZEBALLS JOINING PROMOTION during Sale-A-Bration! As always – when you purchase our Starter Kit for $99 + taxes (if applicable), the kit ships for FREE AND you get to pick $125 in Stampin’ Up! merchandise (that is ANYthing you want!).
BUT – when you purchase the kit during this Sale-a-bration (4 Jan – 28 Feb 2022) you’ll ALSO get to select any TWO stamp sets for FREE!! That is ANY stamp set in ANY catalog (with the small exception of Host and Sale-A-Bration sets!) – at any price!
What’s in your Kit?
- $125 in Stampin’ Up! merchandise of your choice from the current Annual Catalog, Jan – Jun 2022 Mini Catalog or the online store (includes clearance rack items!).
- TWO FREE STAMP SETS of YOUR choice!
- 8 Annual Catalogs, 8 Mini Catalogs and 8 Sale-a-bration Brochures and a few additional business supplies.
What are the Perks and bennies of being a Demonstrator?
- At least a 20% discount on everything that you order as a Demonstrator!
- Early peeks at new release items and preorders for new items for about a month before they are available to purchase!
- The ability to attend Demonstrator exclusive Stampin’ Up! events!
- No pressure to sell to anyone, hold classes or workshops or run a business. You can simply order for yourself and get the discount! And as long as you have at least $300 in sales per quarter, you’ll continue as an active Demonstrator and continue to get the discount. If you aren’t able to maintain the $300 per quarter minimums, you simply go back to being a customer, no commitment required and no penalty if decide that being a Demonstrator isn’t right for you.
- And – join now and you’ll be an “active” demonstrator – without selling or buying another thing at all! – thru the end of June – which will also get you in on the pre-order for the new 2022-2023 Annual Catalog! Whoo-hoo!
And…what are the perks of joining with me?
- You’ll be a part of my Critters-N-Creatin’ Krew team!
- Monthly team meetings via video conference where we talk about the latest happenings at Stampin’ Up! and share project ideas. We’re scattered all over the United States, but we get together in person online and have lots of fun chatting!
- Access to my ZOOM The Craftroom virtual stamping get-togethers each week!
- Free access to my online class tutorials.
- A private Facebook page where we can chat, ask questions and share ideas.
- Team giveaways and prizes! We do fun giveaways and prizes for sharing projects and for reaching sales and recruiting goals.
- Monthly team trainings and meetings for those interested in learning more about the business side of Stampin’ Up!.
- Whether you’d like to start a business or would simply like the great discount, I’m here to support you in any way I can!
If you have any questions about joining, please drop me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org I’d be happy to chat with you and I’d love to have you on my Critters-N-Creatin’ Krew team! You can also see additional information here or on my Stampin’ Up! site!
Get the Stampin’ Up! Products Used in this Project:
Card Cuts Used in This Project:
Evening Evergreen Cardstock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base, scored and folded at 4 1/4″)
Pear Pizzazz Cardstock: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (mat inner liner); Daffodil die cut stems (x3)
2021-2023 In Color Shimmer Vellum: Daffodil die cut stems (x3)
Daffodil Delight Cardstock: Daffodil die cut solid flower pieces
Crushed Curry Cardstock: Daffodil die cut detailed flower pieces
Basic White Cardstock: Stitched So Sweetly die cut label (sentiment); 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (inner liner)
Daffodil Afternoon DSP: 4″ x 5 1/2″ (card front panel); Stitched So Sweetly next-to-largest die cut rectangles (x2 – on card front); 3″ x 6″ (envelope flap)
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Finn Fan Fix
A couple days back, Wayne and I were going to run some errands that Finn couldn’t go with us to do.
I was getting a little cleaned up – putting on go-to-town clothes (so…NOT workout clothes!) and Finn can always tell. He started to get all excited cuz he figured he’d get to go, too.
As I stepped into the closet to get my shoes I said…”sorry, bud, you can’t go this time!”. Seriously – those exact words.
Got my shoes.
Stepped out of the closet.
And…Finn was in his kennel, settled in the corner.
I hurried to the kitchen and got his kennel-bone for him. And turned on the tv. And made sure the programming was dog-appropriate! 😉
He is SO sweet and SO smart!