Sup, y’all?? Hope your week is going well – we’re sorta keeping an eye on slow-moving-Sally – who is taking her sweet time making her way thru the Gulf, isn’t she? We’ll get some rain on Thursday, I’m sure, but NOTHING like the folks on the coast are going to see! Yikes! Shake a leg, Sally!!
So…yesterday was a day that got away from me. Not sure how – but it did. Which meant I was sitting down at midnight (okay – it was 6, but still) to make my card for today. My mojo is not always firing on all cylinders in the middle of the night, but…when I saw the FUSION sketch my brain said…Forever Fern. I started stamping and putting together and…nope. It just wasn’t working for me. And then my mojo-less brain said…WREATH! Out came my Wreath Builder Die set and I got after it. As I assembled everything on the front, I was trying to think what to do on the inside. My wreath answered the question! As it developed – it looked more and more like a welcome-baby front door decoration. So – out came Wildly Happy. Take a look-see:
And here’s the FUSION challenge that inspired me – and sent me all over my tools inventory!! 🙂
I started with a piece of Smoky Slate card stock that I embossed in the Brick & Mortar 3D Embossing Folder and then adhered to the front of my So Saffron card base with Liquid Glue.
I took a piece of Whisper White and embossed it in the Pinewood Planks 3D Embossing Folder – matted it on So Saffron and adhered it to the card front with Liquid Glue.
Using both wreath dies in the Wreath Builder Die set, I cut one in Shaded Spruce and one in Pretty Peacock and adhered them with Liquid Glue.
The set also has a bunch of little flowers dies – so I cut a…bunch of those in Whisper White and So Saffron. I adhered them here and there onto the wreath – most with Liquid Glue – but there’s a flower in each “group” popped up with a Mini Stampin’ Dimensional.
I stuck a piece of Basic Black onto a small piece of Foam Adhesive Sheet and cut the sentiment word using the Well Written Dies. I peeled off the back of the adhesive sheet and stuck it onto the card front.
I tied a little bow from some black-and-white twine from the Playful Pets Trim Combo Pack and adhered it with a Glue Dot. Each flower got a clear Wonderful Gems gem and the card front was done!
On the inside, I stamped a Wildly Happy sentiment and image in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. I colored the bunnies – ears and noses – with my Light Petal Pink Stampin’ Blend.
I used Liquid Glue to adhere the panel to a Smoky Slate mat and into the card base and the card was done!
My Whisper White Medium Envelope got the Wildly Happy bunnies and a second sentiment (this is destined to go inside a package to be mailed) on the front…
…and I put some So Saffron Subtles 6″ x 6″ DSP on the envelope flap.
Et Voila! Well – it was certainly a circuitous route to get to the finished card, but… I really love how the uber-sweet Wildly Happy finished off the baby theme that I sort of inadvertently started on the front, don’t you? The Wreath Builder Die set is super handy for creating wreaths for almost any occasion you might need!!
I hope you like!
HOST CODE FOR 1 SEP – 15 SEP: AN7AK7HC
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift (AND the Monthly Card Tutorial) from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in any active Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details. The September Tutorial features the In The Pines Bundle!
AWESOME JOINING SPECIAL GOING ON NOW!
The Get & Go Starter Kit promotion will give folks who sign up to be a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator additional products to kick start a business OR just get some amazing extra goodies to create 16 super pretty cards in a blink!!
In addition to the already great-valued Starter Kit, new demos will get pre-cut paper, stamps, and embellishments to use however you want! Stamp with friends? Yup! Make a bunch of cards quick-like-a-bunny? Yup! Whatever you want to do with all these extra goodies…go for it!
Here’s the deets:
- This great deal ends on 30 September!
- In addition to the regular starter kit – you pay $99 plus tax and choose $125 worth of products plus get FREE SHIPPING! – you’ll ALSO receive…
- 16 pre-cut and individually-packaged cards packs – including envelopes!
- 8 packs of precut cardstock of the coastal cabana pack
- 8 packs of precut cardstock of the Granny Apple Green pack
- A pack of Rhinestone Basic Jewels
- The So Much Love stamp set – here’s a video of the project ideas included!
- The Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set – here’s a video for this set’s projects!
- 16 pre-cut and individually-packaged cards packs – including envelopes!
- Use these extra goodies to make samples (using the “recipes” – you’ll ALSO get!) -hold an event with your friends or…for whatever you like! Would you just like to get a lot of cards made fast? This is a great tool!
- Important note: Ink, adhesive, cutting tool, and clear block for stamping must be purchased separately. However, these products may be included as part of the Starter Kit product selection.
There’re lots of great reasons to join Stampin’ Up! and I’d love to have you join my team!
- Enjoy a 20% discount (from the git-go!) on ALL of your Stampin’ UP! Purchases – and that discount can go up!
- Receive new catalogs EARLY
- Order new product EARLY
- Attend virtual and in person demonstrator only events
- Join our online Critters-N-Creatin’ Krew community of over 35 Members in our private FB group – and you KNOW we’re having fun!
- Enjoy hostess benefits (Stampin’ Rewards) just the same as customers – yes, in ADDITION to your Discount! 😉
- You choose whether you want to simply enjoy the discount, new friends and lots of ideas or whether you’d like to start building a business – which you can decided to do anytime. Or not. There’s no pressure – EVER! This is my promise to you!
So – who’s going to join us?! 🙂
If you’ve got questions, give me a shout and we can chat! 🙂
World Card Making Day is 3 October!
The Krew is holding a day-long Facebook Event on 3 October (see? Told ya we were fun!) – and you’re invited to join us! We’ll have tons of card video demonstrations and Prize patrols!! Stay tuned for more info – but…mark your calendars. You do NOT want to miss this, I promise! 🙂
Paper Pumpkin Joy Of To The World Kit!!
This holiday season, share the joy of Paper Pumpkin! The Joy to the World Paper Pumpkin Kit is an exclusive holiday kit that provides a specially-designed box, enough supplies to create eight elegant cards, and an opportunity to connect with the Stampin’ Up! global community.
With October’s magical kit, not only will you be able to get a head start on your holiday crafting—you’ll get to create Christmas cards, share project ideas, and spread holiday cheer with Stampin’ Up! customers and demonstrators around the world! After you receive your kit, you can join the Joy of Paper Pumpkin Facebook group to make the most of this holiday kit!
Here’s the deets:
- Kit contains enough supplies to create eight cards—four each of two designs—and coordinating envelopes.
- Kit includes die-cut pieces in English, French, and German. This will allow you to create cards you can use to connect with other customers and demonstrators around the world—in their language! To learn more about how to do this, read the “The Joy of Paper Pumpkin” section on this page.
- Card size: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Envelope size: 4-1/2″ x 5-3/4″
- Coordinating Colors: Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Just Jade, Soft Sea Foam
NOTE: The holiday kits tend to sell out FAST! So…if you want this one – best get after it and get subscribed (or RE-subscribed) if you aren’t already! You’ve got until 10 October to sign up for it – but…supplies may get scarce towards the end and when they’re gone they’re gone!! 🙁
So – are you a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber? If you’re not – but…you’d like to give these fun, all-inclusive kits, a try – you can sign up for a subscription where you are billed monthly for your kit OR you can purchase a prepaid subscription in my online store. To see more information and to sign up for the monthly subscription, click here. To see the options for prepaid subscriptions in my online store, click here.
Get the Stampin’ Up! Products Used in These Projects:
Card Cuts Used in This Project:
So Saffron Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base – scored, cut and folded at 5 1/2″); 3 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ (mat for center panel); Wreath Builder Die Cut flowers
Smoky Slate Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ (embossed front panel); 4″ x 5 1/4″ (mat for inner liner)
Pretty Peacock and Shaded Spruce Card Stock: Wreath Builder Die Cut wreaths
Basic Black Card Stock: Well Written Die cut sentiment
Whisper White Card Stock: 3 3/8″ x 5 1/2″ (front panel); 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (inner liner); Wreath Builder Die Cut flowers
Subtles 6″ x 6″ DSP: envelope flap
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Finn Fan Fix
Yesterday afternoon Wayne called me from the barn to tell me he was riding around the corner to get fuel and did I want to ride with him?
I told him I’d be there in a minute and headed to get my sunglasses.
In the hallway – deep in his usual afternoon dead-to-the-world-snoring-and-twitching-his-feet nap….was Finn.
As I walked by, I said – wanna go for a ride? Conversationally – not in any sort of excitement or anything – just asked the question.
Well – as a phoenix from the ashes – up he came. Feet flying and slipping as he did a roadrunner sprint to the backdoor.
Which is dog for “HECKYEAHIWANNAGOFORARIDEWHEREAREWEGOINGIDON’TCARELETSGOLETSGOLETSGO!!!!!!”
And so we did. We went out and got in the truck and went for a 15 minute ride.
He does love a good ride!