Hey y’all – it’s Sunday, which means I’ve got another fun challenge for you from the Paper Players – Leanne’s got a cool sketch for us this week! 🙂 I know it’ll give your creative mojo a bump, so I hope you’ll come and play along with us!
If you were able to join me yesterday for my Facebook Live video, I appreciate you spending some of your weekend with me! If you weren’t able to watch the live version, but you’d like to see the replay on YouTube…here ’tis!
When I saw the sketch, I really wasn’t real sure where to go with it. Then it occured to me that I could use…dry embossing to create the geometric design – and so that’s what I did. For the focal point, I used the Love of Leaves bundle – stamped on In Good Taste DSP. Take a look-see:
And…here’s our Paper Players challenge this week – I do hope you’ll come and play along with us!
I thought the embossed bronze and more subtle coloring was pretty perfect as a masculine card, so…the Watercooler Wednesday challenge worked great!
Finally, the leaves and autumn feel fit right in at the Hand Stamped Sentiments Inspiration Challenge!
I started by cutting a piece of bronze Brushed Metallic Card Stock. Using the Dainty Diamonds 3D Embossing Folder on an angle, I ran it thru my Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine. Then I used one of the Wrapped in Warmth Embossing Folders, on a different angle, to emboss the other side of the panel. I left the third portion smooth!
Then I matted the panel on Cajun Craze for the card front.
On a barnwood piece of In Good Taste DSP, I stamped two small Love of Leaves leaves in Pumpkin Pie ink. I stamped the large leaf in Crushed Curry. Then I cut – and embossed! – them with the matching dies in the bundled Stitched Leaves die set.
I cut two leaves from a piece of Very Vanilla using the die in the Sunflowers Die set.
I adhered all the leaves to the card front with Liquid Glue.
Since I believe even masculine cards can use a little texture and “soft” – I made a few Linen Thread loops around my hand, tied it in a figure-8, and adhered it to the card front with a Glue Dot.
I stamped the Love of Leaves sentiment onto a piece of Very Vanilla and cut it with the Tailored Tag Punch. Then I added some Pumpkin Pie faux stitches with my Stampin’ Write Marker. I popped the sentiment over the bow with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I added a few Star Designer Elements – and the card front was done!
On the inside, I stamped a few more leaves in Pumpkin Pie and Crushed Curry on a Very Vanilla panel – and added a Star Designer Element.
I used Liquid Glue to adhere the panel to a Cajun Craze mat and into my Cinnamon Cider card base, popped the card front on with Stampin’ Dimensionals and the card was done!
My Very Vanilla Medium Envelope got more leaves on the front…
…and a little more In Good Taste DSP on the envelope flap.
Et Voila! How cool is that embossed Brushed Metallic Cardstock?? Love it! And I love love love the Love of Leaves Bundle – those Stitched Leaves are so stinkin’ COOL!
And – we all gravitate to the In Good Taste DSP when we’re thinking masculine cards – at least I do!! 🙂
I hope you like! And – I am just assuming that you’ve already picked up the Love of Leaves bundle. If not…you know what to do (and your order could help those ravaged by the derecho in Iowa a couple weeks ago AND get you entered into a drawing for a brand new Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine! – see below for the deets!!)
If you want to recreate this card – all the Stampin’ Up! products you need are listed down below along with the card cuts!
Now – before you reach for your ink and papers, check out what our amazing team has created to inspire you this week:
The Paper Players Design Team
- LeAnne Pugliese
- Claire Broadwater
- Joanne James
- Laurie Schmidt
- Anne Marie Hile
- Ann Schach
- Allisa Steinlicht
- Stef Perry
- Mary Deatherage – you’re here right now!
HOST CODE FOR 16 AUG – 31 AUG: QSHFG3TX
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift (AND the Monthly Card Tutorial) from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in any active Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details. The August Tutorial features the Autumn Goodness Bundle!
Fundraiser to Help Iowa!
One of the huge weather events (in a long list of them this past few weeks) – that really did NOT get a lot of attention! – is the derecho that hit Iowa a couple of weeks ago. If you have seen any videos of it – it truly looked like a hurricane had hit Iowa. Uhm – because it totally had – winds in the 100+mph range (that’s Cat 2 territory, folks!) With no warning to speak of. To say it was devastating is a bit of an understatement! 🙁
Imagine that same wind rolling across corn and soybean fields – destroying crops and infrastructure.
Why do I care? Well, I’ve got friends thru Stampin’ Up! that live in Iowa (fortunately safe!). One of them, who is also my team mate – gifted me with a subscription to Our Iowa Magazine last year. She was trying to convince me of the beauty of her “fly-over state”! Well – I read that magazine and…was convinced! No – STILL not going to move there, cuz…SNOW!! 😉
Why should we ALL care? As a result of the storm, at least 43% of the corn and soybeans grown in the state were lost. Which will be seen in the supermarkets where you and I get our food! But beyond all that – many in that state are hurting, have lost their homes, schools and businesses and some are still without power (12+ days after the storm and with daytime temps in the 90’s ). Many farm families lost everything and are left with a huge mess to clean up prior to planting next spring. With so much destruction, they can really use our help!
There’s an organization in Cedar Rapids, IA, called the Iowa Giving Crew, a Cedar Rapids based non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that’s helping to get power restored to those still waiting, is feeding those in need, provides 3 meals a day and is helping with the cleanup. They’ve got a Facebook page that you can see here with photos and details about the help they’re providing.
I decided to follow Amy’s lead and set a goal of donating $500 to the Iowa Giving Crew.
How can you help me help them??
Place a Stampin’ Up! Order Or Donate Directly!
There are two ways you can help me to reach my goal:
Shop Online: For any orders placed through my online store between now and 31 August 2020 I’ll be donating 20% of your merchandise total to the Iowa Giving Crew.
- 20% of orders placed through my online store between now and 31 August 2020 will be donated to the Iowa Giving Crew.
- You’ll earn Peppermint Points and a thank you gift from me with all orders of $50! See my host code details below.
- Anyone ordering $50+ will be entered to win a new Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine from me to be given away on 1 September 2020! See the details below.
Make a Donation of $25+ directly to the Iowa Giving Crew:
- Anyone worldwide is welcome to make a donation to the charity directly via Venmo or PayPal to help (see the details to donate on the Iowa Giving Crew website here).
- For those in the US, send me a screenshot of the receipt for your donation of $25+ to the Iowa Giving Crew to email@example.com and you’ll be entered to win the new Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine* to be given away on 1 September! See the details below.
- If you order $50+ through my Stampin’ Up! store AND donate at least $25 directly to the Iowa Giving Crew, your name will be entered twice to win the machine!
Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine Giveaway – 1 September!
As an added bonus, I’ll enter anyone who either orders $50+ through my online store between now and 31 August 2020 OR who makes a direct donation* to the Iowa Giving Crew by 31 August 2020 into a drawing for a brand new Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine!
*Please note: Per Stampin’ Up! rules, I’m only allowed to ship the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine to addresses in the United States or military APO addresses. Only those with US/APO shipping addresses will be eligible to win the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine. Anyone outside the US is welcome to donate but will not be eligible to win the machine. Orders and/or Donations must be placed by midnight MT on 31 August 2020 to be entered to win the machine. One winner of the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine will be randomly chosen on Tuesday, 1 September from all of the entries received.
Drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. I so appreciate your help and donations to help the good folks in Iowa!! #iowastrong #derecho2020
AWESOME JOINING SPECIAL COMING IN SEPTEMBER!!
Watch for more details – but…here’s the gist! 🙂
- New demonstrators who join before 1 September or after 30 September will not be eligible for this promotion.
- In addition to the regular starter kit – pay $99 plus tax and choose $125 worth of products! – you’ll ALSO receive…
- 16 pre-cut and individually-packaged cards packs – including envelopes!
- 8 packs of precut cardstock of the coastal cabana pack
- 8 packs of precut cardstock of the Granny Apple Green pack
- A pack of Rhinestone Basic Jewels
- The So Much Love stamp set
- The Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set!
- 16 pre-cut and individually-packaged cards packs – including envelopes!
- Use these extra goodies to make samples (using the “recipes” you’ll ALSO get!) – hold an event with your friends or…for whatever you like!
- Important note: Ink, adhesive, cutting tool, and clear block for stamping must be purchased separately. However, these products may be included as part of the Starter Kit product selection.
There’s lots of great reasons to join Stampin’ Up! and I’d love to have you join my team! See all the bennies here – and watch for more details as we get closer to September! If you’ve got questions, give me a shout and we can chat! 🙂
TIME TO REDEEM THOSE BONUS DAYS COUPONS!!
YOU earned them – now….you get to redeem them for awesome Stampin’ Up! Products – just in time for the release of the Aug – Dec 2020 Mini Catalog!!
Here’s the Deets!
- There’s no limit to the number of coupon codes you can use on an order during redemption.
- Bonus Days coupon codes may be redeemed for any product (excluding Starter Kits and Paper Pumpkin monthly subscriptions).
- New PREPAID Paper Pumpkin codes MAY be discounted using Bonus Days coupon codes.
- Bonus Days coupon codes WILL REDUCE the retail amount of an order – and might affect your Stampin’ Rewards (which are based on the AFTER-COUPON amount!)
- Bonus Days coupon codes may be redeemed one time only.
Get the Stampin’ Up! Products Used in These Projects:
Card Cuts Used in This Project:
Cinnamon Cider Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base, scored and folded at 5 1/2″)
Cajun Craze Card Stock: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (mats for card front and for inner liner)
Very Vanilla Card Stock: Tailored Tag Punch (sentiment)l; 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (inner liner); Sunflower Die cut leaves
Brushed Metallic Card Stock (Bronze): 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (card front)
In Good Taste DSP: Stitched Leaves die cut leaves; envelope flap
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Finn Fan Fix
Wayne has been fencing this past week – replacing rotted stretcher posts with metal ones.
He usually works alone – but…for a few things he needs an extra hand.
And, of course, he gets an extra paw, too – cuz….the Man isn’t having any of that “stay in the house” nonsense! 😉
So…we headed to the next stretcher the other day – Wayne leading the way in the Bobcat…
And getting the machine set up for the first post.
Finn and I followed in the golf cart.
No fear of getting lost with this one keeping an eagle eye on the Dad!
He’s turning, Mom – do you see that?? Don’t lose him!
This side of the pasture isn’t Finn’s normal stomping ground, so….he thinks we’re out in the wilds! 🙂
More to come…..