Hello to y’all on this Monday morning! By the time this post goes live, I’ll have been at work for almost 2 hours. Which is fairly disgusting, really, don’t you think? But, apparently a lot of folks here go to work at the hind-end crack of dawn – the other day, I was mystified by how many people were on the road with me. And by how many of them wanted to race down the dark two-lane highway at like….a thousand miles an hour! Craziness!
So – before I went to bed at 7 last night – only a slight exaggeration! – I got this card together for y’all. I used the beautiful floral images in the Remarkable You stamp set. I’d originally planned this to be a thank-you card, but….I really felt the need to make a sympathy card. To that end, I pulled out Thoughts & Prayers again. Take a look-see:
The design was inspired by the Freshly Made Sketches challenge, #237:
And the color palette is from the Just Us Girls Color Challenge #344:
I started with an Old Olive card stock panel, and on it I stamped the leaves image from Remarkable You in Old Olive ink – covering the panel. For my art panel, I matted a piece of Very Vanilla onto a Basic Black panel with SNAIL.
To make the image, the first step was to stamp the flower on a sticky note and cut it out to be a mask.
Then I stamped the image in Perfect Plum onto my art panel. I stuck my mat over the flower and then inked the leaves up in Old Olive and stamped it over the mask. When I pulled off my sticky note – voila! Leaves behind the flower! If you do this – and find that you have some areas right up against the mask that don’t ink well – just use the matching Stampin’ Write Marker to touch it up! 🙂
Using my Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush, I colored the flower using ink from the top of my Perfect Plum ink pad. I decided to leave the leaves open.
For the sentiment, I inked up the Thoughts & Prayers image in Perfect Plum and used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to get it aligned on my card front.
I ran a thin line of Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue down the edge of the back of my art panel, and adhered a line of Venetian Crochet Trim, snipping the excess trim off – versus running it around the back of the panel. Then I SNAILd the whole thing to my stamped Old Olive card front.
On the inside, I repeated the Old Olive leaves on Old Olive card stock, and then I stamped one leaves image in the center of a Very Vanilla panel. I inked it in Old Olive and stamped it off twice before stamping the card. Then I matted that onto Basic Black and onto my stamped Old Olive mat.
Finally, I added a second sentiment from Thoughts & Prayers in Perfect Plum.
I SNAILd that into my Basic Black card base, popped the card front on with Stampin’ Dimensionals and the card was done!
My Very Vanilla Medium Envelope got another image of the Remarkable You leaves on the front, in Old Olive (stamped off twice first)…
…and it got a liner from a piece of Perfect Plum paper in the Regals DSP stack, cut with my Envelope Liner Framelits.
Et Voila! I think this turned out to be very pretty. Obviously I hope I never need a sympathy card, but we all kind of know that’s a vain hope, don’t we? Always good to have one sitting in the wings ready to go. 😉
Scroll on down and I’ll give you the card cuts and all the deets on what you need to make this card yourself!
HOST CODE FOR 16 May – 31 May 16: NK9FHKCF
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift – your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the 2015-16 Annual Catalog or the 2015 Occasions Catalog.
ONLY A FEW SPACES LEFT!
ONLINE HOST CLUB
1 JUNE 2016 KICK-OFF!
- Each Club consists of 6 people who each commit to purchasing at least $25 in product each month for 6 consecutive months.
- Each month, one person will be the “host” of that month’s workshop – I’ll put all your names in a hat (okay – maybe a box) and draw the names out at the beginning of the club period – that way everyone will know which month will be “theirs”! In your month – you’ll be eligible to purchase Host-exclusive stamp sets!
- I’ll mail the host code to everyone on the first of each month and then everyone just applies that host code to their order by the 20th. Then the host and I will figure her order together at the end of the month! Each month the host will have earned at least $15 in Host/Stampin’ Reward dollars!
- During your participation in the Online Club, I’ll be giving you DOUBLE Peppermint reward points! So – your $25 order will get you TWO peppermints each month, versus the normal one.
- And – at the end of the 6 months – I’ll give each participant the stamp set of their choice (with a value up to $20)
- And you’ll get first dibs on the next club sign up!
- You’ll receive Free Catalogs from me during your Host Club term and free shipping on your host month! That’s going to amount to two Annual Catalogs (this one coming up and the 2017-2018 AC), the Holiday Mini and the Occasions Catalog!
Let me know ASAP if you’re interested – we’re kicking this club off on 1 June! 🙂 678-360-1359 or email@example.com
2016-2017 Annual Catalog Shares
Do you want all of the great new papers, ribbons and embellishments in the 2016-17 Catalog but can’t afford everything all at once? Join in my share!
- New Designer Series Paper Share – $33.00 plus $6 for Priority Mail shipping. You’ll get 151 6″x6″ sheets of Designer Paper
- New Ribbon and Embellishment Share – $40.00 plus $6.00 for Priority Mail shipping. You’ll get 55 yards of new ribbon and trim, and over 200 embellishments (treat bags, doilies, binder clips and enamel shapes!
- Want it all? $77 plus $6 for Priority Mail shipping and you get a free pack of the new Solid Baker’s Twine.
- Double shares are available too!
**Please note: Sign-up deadline is 30 May for my shares. See more details about my shares and sign-up here.
Yesterday was the last day that Stampin’ Up! was making stamps that are on the retiring list – so now everything is “while supplies last”! If you’ve been waiting for the last minute – you’re just about there! Here’s a link to the Retiring List in my Online Store to get you started.
See y’all tomorrow! 🙂
COMING 1 JUNE!
For the entire month of June, Stampin’ Up! is offering extra Stampin’ Rewards for hosts whose orders or workshops are $350 or greater! That’s over and above your usual rewards. So…that’s even more free money to spend to fulfill your Wish List! Check it out!
We can even do an Online Catalog workshop – give me a holler and we can chat about it, okay?
STAMPIN’ UP PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
CARD CUTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
Basic Black Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base, scored and folded at 5 1/2″); 3 5/8″ x 5 3/8″ (mat for front art panel and inner liner)
Old Olive Card Stock: 4 1/8″ x 5 1/4″ (stamped card front and inner liner mat)
Very Vanilla Card Stock:3 1/2″ x 5 1/4″ (front art panel and inner liner)
Regals DSP (in Perfect Plum): Envelope Liner
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!