I think I achieved a personal record today! I thought up, built, finished and photographed a card (with envelope!) in just an hour! It usually takes me a lot longer than that, so I’m pretty happy with myself. And – that means that you could whip this card out in a heartbeat – and it’s a Single Stamp Set card, too!
Now, I’m sure you’ve seen this layout floating around – it’s pretty popular right now, it seems – and I think it stems from a sketch challenge over at Mojo Monday a couple weeks back!
So the idea of a tag-on-a-card has been in my head for a bit. And the Love You Sew stamp set sentiment “Thanks a Hole Punch”…well, there was a tag made with it in the Occasions catalog, so that’s been in the back of my mind for a while as well. I actually bought the 1/8″ and 1/16” Circle Punches when they were on the Weekly Deal, just so I could make a card with them and this sentiment. So, I finally did it. And set a record time! Take a look-see:
The theme I used this week comes from Just Us Girls – it’s Word Week Challenge #324! And who doesn’t need Thank You notes this time of year – not to mention that it appears this sentiment was just MADE for this challenge, right?!? Check them out, okay? 🙂
I pulled out some of my SAB Designer Paper – Wildflower Fields (that you can pick for free with a $50 product order starting Tuesday!) – and let that drive my color choices – which really helped cut down on my dithering and decisioning time! 😉 I cut two tags – both 2″ wide – one in Whisper White and one in Calypso Coral, and punched the tops of them with my Ornate Tag Topper Punch (a Weekly Deal right now!) and then banner-zed the bottoms with my Banner Triple Punch.
On the Whisper White tag, I punched my Love You Sew sentiment in Old Olive. Then I used my two Circle Punches to make a flurry of holes around the sentiment. I stuck the tags together with a quick Glue Dot, and ran a length of Wild Wasabi 1/2″ Seam Binding Ribbon thru the tag holes and then added a double bow of Crushed Curry Baker’s Twine to scrunch the ribbon together.
The card front is simply a piece of the Wildflower Fields DSP SNAILd onto a mat of Calypso Coral card stock. I popped the doubled-up tags onto it with Stampin’ Dimensionals, then used a few Glue Dots to adhere some buttons from the Brights Designer Buttons collection to the card.
For the inside, I went old-school and layered another strip of the Wildflower Fields DSP to a strip of Calypso Coral and SNAILd it onto a Whisper White card stock panel. I added a Calypso Coral mat, and then SNAILd the whole thing into my Old Olive card base.
I made a blinged up envelope, starting with a plain Whisper White Medium Envelope and adding a few of the button images from Love You Sew, in Old Olive, Crushed Curry and Calypso Coral…
…and I made a liner with some more Wildflower Fields DSP and my Envelope Liner Framelits!
Et Voila! A fun card with a little play on words, that also showcases the gorgeous Wildflower Fields DSP. That’s a paper pack that you can get with a $50 product order (before shipping and tax) when Sale-A-Bration starts on the 5th.
Now, Love You Sew is a Hostess Set! So, the only way to get it is to host a workshop during the Occasions Catalog sales period (5 Jan – 31 May) – which I can sure help you to do. And it’s easy! We can do it all online (no house cleaning required!). Let me know if you’re wanting to do that, okay? I’ll get you hooked right up!
Tonight is the last night (well – actually 5pm Mountain Time) to get in on the Occasions Shares, so hurry if you’re wanting in! Go over to my 2016 Occasions Catalog Shares page to get signed up.
Be sure to go over to the Holiday Catalog Retiring Products list and see what items have been reduced as they leave us! Then head right over to my online store and get your favorites before they’re gone! They go away on the 4th.
Finally – also ending on Tuesday the 4th, is the Year-End Clearance Sale. Don’t miss this chance to stock up – head over and see what’s still available!
TTFN – and I’ll see you tomorrow. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
P.S. Do you need an Occasions and Sale-A-Bration catalog? If you don’t have a Demonstrator and are thinking you might order thru me, please let me know and I’ll get catalogs in the mail right away! If you do have a Demonstrator, get with her so that you’ve got them in your hot little hands soonest! 😉
15 Dec – 4 Jan 16 Hostess Code: 9HJWPKPH. Use this hostess code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards/Hostess $$ if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift for Dec is your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the brand new 2015-16 Annual Catalog or the 2015 Holiday Catalog.
WEEKLY DEALS FOR 29 Dec – 4 Jan 16!! Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through 4 Jan!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
STAMPS-N-LINGERS 2016 OCCASIONS CATALOG SHARES
1. New Designer Series Paper Share – $17.00 plus $5 for Priority Mail shipping.
In all, you’ll receive 80 6” x 6” sheets of designer papers!
- It’s My Party DSP – 24 sheets – two of each design
- Birthday Bouquet DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
- Love Blossoms DSP – 12 Sheets – one of each design
- Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper – 1 sheet
- Botanical Gardens DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
- Shine on Specialty DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
- Have a Cuppa DSP – 12 sheets – one of each design
- Going Places DSP – 12 sheets – one of each design
- Red Foil Sheets – 1 sheet
2. New Ribbon and Embellishment Share – $15 plus $3.50 for 1st Class Mail shipping for a full Ribbon & Embellishment share.
In all you’ll receive 16 yards of new ribbon and 46 new embellishments!
- Basic Black/Melon Mambo Baker’s Twine – 5 yds
- Basic Black/Mint Macaron – 5 yds
- Pool Party 3/8” Glitter Ribbon – 2 yds
- Watermelon Wonder 1″ Stitched Satin Ribbon – 2 yds
- Bermuda Bay 1/8″ Stitched Ribbon – 2 yds
- It’s My Party Enamel Dots – 12 (2 each of 3 colors in 2 sizes)
- Honeycomb Embellishments – 1 each of 3 colors
- Bow Paper Clip Embellishments – 4 pieces
- Botanical Gardens Jewels – 4 pieces
- Iced Rhinestone Embellishments – 8 (4 of each of 2 sizes)
- Have a Cuppa Embellishments – 3 pieces (1 of each design)
- Polka Dot Cones Cellophane Bags – 2 bags
3. Want it all? $35 – and you’ll get shares of all of the new Designer Series Papers, ribbons and embellishments. Plus I’ll ship it for free!
And if you’d like double shares of either the designer paper or ribbon, that works, too. I’ll cut the paper sheets into 6×12 so that you’ll be able to get 3 full A2 size card fronts from each sheet (except for the Love Blossoms, DSP Stack, Have a Cuppa DSP Stack and Going Places DSP Stack, you’ll get double sheets of those since they’re already precut at 6″x6″!).
- See pictures of the Papers, Ribbons and Embellishments on my 2016 Occasions Catalog Shares page!
- Deadline to sign up for the shares is 3 Jan 16 at 5pm MST
- I’ll submit the order on 5 Jan 16 when the Catalog goes Live
- You’ll receive a PayPal Invoice one week prior (so, around 29 Dec), unless you sign up after that date, at which time you’ll get an invoice right away. I’ll need payment before I submit the share, please! 🙂
- Anyone is welcome to join in my share (please note, I can only ship to addresses within the US).
- To see pictures of all the goodies, and get signed up for your piece of the fun, head over to the 2016 Occasions Catalog Shares page!
YEAR END SALE GOING ON NOW!
Stampin’ Up! has placed more products on clearance and the discounts are up to 60 percent, so you’ll will want to take advantage of these amazing deals!
During the Year-End Sale, you can find ALL discounted products in one location in the online store: under the Year-End Sale category. So don’t fret if you don’t see the category “Clearance Rack” on the online store right now–it has been integrated into the Year-End Sale. See the savings now!
- Promotion Dates: December 10, 2015-January 4, 2016.
- No minimum purchase required.
- No refunds or exchanges on Year-End Sale items.
- Items offered during the Year-End Sale are while supplies last.
- You can add non-Year-End-Sale items to any online order!
- Year-End Sale orders are eligible for Stampin’ Rewards with qualifying orders.
- Following the Year-End Sale, some remaining items may stay in the Clearance Rack. Other items may be removed from the Clearance Rack to be added at another undetermined time.
- Place your orders online thru my online store!
- Deadline for ordering is January 4, 2016; 11:50 PM (MT)
- Dates: 16 Nov 15 – 4 Jan 16 (or while supplies last)
- Holiday Catalog Retiring List: The list is available here. It’s going to be updated every business day, so I’ll be checking and updating this link with every post.
- Remaining inventory for retiring products may appear later on the Clearance Rack. Here’s a link to the Clearance Rack – be sure to check often to see if your favorite hits the rack!
- Due to high demand for retiring stamps, Stampin’ Up! plans to keep producing retiring stamps until December 28. This is only applicable to stamps. Accessories are only available until they run out!
STAMPIN’ UP! PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S CARD (Love You Sew and Wildflower Fields DSP not available quite yet!):
CARD CUTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
Old Olive Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base, scored and folded at 5 1/2″)
Calypso Coral Card Stock: 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ (mats for card front and inner liner); 2″ x ~3 3/4″ (tag on front); 1″ x 5 1/4″ (inner liner strip mat)
Whisper White Card Stock: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (inner liner); 2″ x ~3 3/4″ (sentiment tag on front)
Wildflower Fields DSP: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (card front); 3/4″ x 5 1/4″ (inner liner strip)
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
BACKORDER LIST AS OF 30 Dec 15
140603: Big Shot Die Brush (189 backordered; 10,896 expected)
126995: Stampin’ Trimmer Cutting Blades (1,191 backordered; 6,688 expected) (due to quality issues, we probably won’t see these in stock until the end of February)
RETIRED LIST (These products are officially retired and will no longer be available once our current inventory is depleted.)
2015 Holiday Retiring List
140969: Witching Décor Project Kit (sold out)
139673: Woodland Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (sold out; Will be returning in the 2016 Annual Catalog – Whoo-hoo!)
139670: Sleigh Ride Edgelits Dies (sold out)
140861: Jingle All the Way Bundle (wood-mount; sold out)
140862: Jingle All the Way Bundle (clear-mount; sold out)