It’s Friday. Finally. Following a week made up primarily of Mondays (okay, Tuesday was pretty good, but the rest of the week….there’s been knots in the floss for sure). I’m very much counting on this being the last weekday post from Arizona! Please keep your fingers crossed for me! 😉
Thanks for stopping by yesterday – hope that you enjoyed our Black/White/Gold creations. Next Hop will be on Christmas Eve!
Today’s share uses Lovely as a Tree – one of our oldest (and most beloved?) stamp sets. When I get sad that Wonderland (2015 Holiday Catalog – and retiring soon!) is going away, I pull Lovely as a Tree out and remind myself of its beautiful images – including one of my very favorites. It’s a wonderful little pine cone on its bough. And I just love it. So, I combined all that with a sentiment from Peaceful Wreath (also retiring on 4 Jan 16), and this is what I came up with. Take a look-see:
I started by using one of my Oval Collection Framelits (4th-from-center? It makes a 3 1/2″ tall oval), cutting an oval out of a piece of scrap envelope paper (it’s thin, making it easier to stamp around/inside it) to make a mask. I made the piece of paper the exact size of the Very Vanilla card stock panel that would be my card front. I used some Post-It Note Tape to tape my card panel to my Grid Paper – to hold it still – then I taped my mask over the card stock, centering the oval. I inked up the pine tree image from Lovely as a Tree with Mossy Meadow and stamped it a few time without re-inking. I repeated that process a second time.
Before I removed the mask, I used my sponge to sponge more Mossy Meadow around the edge of the oval mask. After I removed the mask, I stamped the pine image again in Mossy Meadow so that it was “outside” the window peeking out into the forest. I used my White Signo Gel Pen to add “snow” to the front pine and the ground underneath. I did several coats – letting it “set” between coats – to add some texture (which you can feel) and brighten the snow.
The sentiment comes from Peaceful Wreath and is stamped in Real Red ink. Then – here comes my little pine cone dude! – I used my Chocolate Chip and Mossy Meadow Stampin’ Write Markers to ink the Lovely as a Tree pine bough stamp and added him next to the sentiment. I SNAILd the card front to a mat of Real Red and set it aside.
The inside is quite simple – and leaves lots of room for you to write a note to your recipient. I SNAILd another panel of Whisper White to a Real Red mat. Then, again using my Chocolate Chip and Mossy Meadow Stampin’ Write Markers, I added two Lovely as a Tree pine boughs to the bottom corners. I used my Stamp-a-ma-Jig to get them oriented (or as too many people say….”orientated”) the way that I wanted them on the card.
I SNAILd that liner into my Mossy Meadow card base, added the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals, and declared it “Done!”
I used a Very Vanilla Medium Envelope and got busy again with the pine bough stamp and my two Stampin’ Write Markers. I did the outside….
…and then I added a “liner” by just stamping a bunch more pine boughs on the inner flap – and one on the outside of the flap (it’s a “whole” bough when the flap is closed)!
Et Voila! Lovely Lovely as a Tree comes thru again! And the classic Christmas colors really complement it perfectly, I think. Hope you like!
There’s only 3 weeks and change to take advantage of the Year End Clearance. And to get your favorite Retiring Products. And to sign up for the Occasions Catalog shares. Just sayin’.
Tomorrow’s card is a fast and simple one using the fun Annual Catalog stamp set called White Christmas. Be sure to come check it out!
Have an enjoyable and safe Friday…..guess what it’ll be the next time Friday rolls around!? Hope you’re ready – or on track to be ready. 🙂
15 Dec – 31 Dec Hostess Code: 9HJWPKPH. Use this hostess code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards/Hostess $$ if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift for Dec is your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the brand new 2015-16 Annual Catalog or the 2015 Holiday Catalog.
WEEKLY DEALS FOR 15 Dec – 21 Dec 15!! Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through 21 Dec!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
STAMPS-N-LINGERS 2016 OCCASIONS CATALOG SHARES
1. New Designer Series Paper Share – $17.00 plus $5 for Priority Mail shipping.
In all, you’ll receive 80 6” x 6” sheets of designer papers!
It’s My Party DSP – 24 sheets – two of each design
Birthday Bouquet DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
Love Blossoms DSP – 12 Sheets – one of each design
Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper – 1 sheet
Botanical Gardens DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
NO PICTURE YET 🙁
Shine on Specialty DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
Have a Cuppa DSP – 12 sheets – one of each design
Going Places DSP – 12 sheets – one of each design
Red Foil Sheets – 1 sheet
2. New Ribbon and Embellishment Share – $15 plus $3.50 for 1st Class Mail shipping for a full Ribbon & Embellishment share.
In all you’ll receive 16 yards of new ribbon and 46 new embellishments!
Basic Black/Melon Mambo Baker’s Twine – 5 yds
Basic Black/Mint Macaron – 5 yds
Pool Party 3/8” Glitter Ribbon – 2 yds
Watermelon Wonder 1″ Stitched Satin Ribbon – 2 yds
Bermuda Bay 1/8″ Stitched Ribbon – 2 yds
It’s My Party Enamel Dots – 12 (2 each of 3 colors in 2 sizes)
Honeycomb Embellishments – 1 each of 3 colors
Bow Paper Clip Embellishments – 4 pieces
Botanical Gardens Jewels – 4 pieces
Iced Rhinestone Embellishments – 8 (4 of each of 2 sizes)
Have a Cuppa Embellishments – 3 pieces (1 of each design)
Polka Dot Cones Cellophane Bags – 2 bags
3. Want it all? $35 – and you’ll get shares of all of the new Designer Series Papers, ribbons and embellishments. Plus I’ll ship it for free!
And if you’d like double shares of either the designer paper or ribbon, that works, too. I’ll cut the paper sheets into 6×12 so that you’ll be able to get 3 full A2 size card fronts from each sheet (except for the Love Blossoms, DSP Stack, Have a Cuppa DSP Stack and Going Places DSP Stack, you’ll get double sheets of those since they’re already precut at 6″x6″!).
- See pictures of the Papers, Ribbons and Embellishments on my 2016 Occasions Catalog Shares page!
- Deadline to sign up for the shares is 3 Jan 16 at 5pm MST
- I’ll submit the order on 5 Jan 16 when the Catalog goes Live
- You’ll receive a PayPal Invoice one week prior (so, around 29 Dec), unless you sign up after that date, at which time you’ll get an invoice right away. I’ll need payment before I submit the share, please! 🙂
- Anyone is welcome to join in my share (please note, I can only ship to addresses within the US).
- To get signed up for your piece of the fun, head over to the 2016 Occasions Catalog Shares page!
YEAR END SALE GOING ON NOW!
Stampin’ Up! has placed more products on clearance and the discounts are up to 60 percent, so you’ll will want to take advantage of these amazing deals!
During the Year-End Sale, you can find ALL discounted products in one location in the online store: under the Year-End Sale category. So don’t fret if you don’t see the category “Clearance Rack” on the online store right now–it has been integrated into the Year-End Sale. See the savings now!
- Promotion Dates: December 10, 2015-January 4, 2016.
- No minimum purchase required.
- No refunds or exchanges on Year-End Sale items.
- Items offered during the Year-End Sale are while supplies last.
- You can add non-Year-End-Sale items to any online order!
- Year-End Sale orders are eligible for Stampin’ Rewards with qualifying orders.
- Following the Year-End Sale, some remaining items may stay in the Clearance Rack. Other items may be removed from the Clearance Rack to be added at another undetermined time.
- Place your orders online thru my online store!
- Deadline for ordering is January 4, 2016; 11:50 PM (MT)
- Dates: 16 Nov 15 – 4 Jan 16 (or while supplies last)
- Holiday Catalog Retiring List: The list is available here. It’s going to be updated every business day, so I’ll be checking and updating this link with every post.
- Remaining inventory for retiring products may appear later on the Clearance Rack. Here’s a link to the Clearance Rack – be sure to check often to see if your favorite hits the rack!
- Due to high demand for retiring stamps, Stampin’ Up! plans to keep producing retiring stamps until December 28. This is only applicable to stamps. Accessories are only available until they run out!
STAMPIN’ UP PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
CARD CUTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT
Mossy Meadow Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base; Score and Fold at 5 1/2″)
Real Red Card Stock: 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ (card front mat and inner liner mat)
Very Vanilla Card Stock: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (card front and inner liner)
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Shop the Clearance Rack here. Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Punkin Head Peppermint Rewards – My online customer thank you program!
BACKORDER LIST AS OF 16 Dec 15
126995: Stampin’ Trimmer Cutting Blades (636 backordered; 6,688 expected)
Date not determined
103083: Embossing Buddy
139672: Softly Falling Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
RETIRED LIST (These products are officially retired and will no longer be available once our current inventory is depleted.)
140969: Witching Décor Project Kit (sold out)
139673: Woodland Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (sold out; Will be returning in the 2016 Annual Catalog – Whoo-hoo!)
139670: Sleigh Ride Edgelits Dies (sold out)
140861: Jingle All the Way Bundle (wood-mount; sold out)
140862: Jingle All the Way Bundle (clear-mount; sold out)
Simply stunning Mary! Love the sponging and stamping, perfectly done! Bummer on the work stuff…I still like my idea of getting on the airplane and pretending like you didn’t get them message that you needed to stay until after returning to Atlanta! 😉