Good morning, all – are you recovered from your food comas?? Did you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving? I want to thank you all for stopping by here yesterday for the Blog Hop, even in the midst of your family time!
I think there’s two kinds of people when it comes to the day after Thanksgiving. There are those of you who’ve been in line at Walmart/Best Buy/The Mall/etc etc since 5 this morning. And who will shop till you drop today and probably have all your Christmas shopping done by the end of the day.
That is not me. Never has been! I prefer to stay safely at home. Preferably putting up the Christmas tree and all the decorations. Thanksgiving is, for me, the starting gun for Christmas. And, quite frankly, that’s the piece that’s making me homesick today. I got to talk with my mom yesterday and my “second” family in GA – all at dinner, Wayne there with them. And that was nice. I very much miss the dinner festivities – and always wish my mom was there with us. But Christmas dinner will come and we’ll do it then! (I know you’re reading this Mom – Clara WOULD ride in the airplane, you know!).
But, today, I’m not getting my house all blinged up for the holidays. I’m in a hotel room in Arizona (I was in a hotel room in California for Thanksgiving last year!) And that makes me a little sad. Of course, I’m also not cleaning my house – and that makes me feel pretty happy! 😉
Anywho – the point of that little rant is….get ready. There’s going to be lots of Christmas cards coming your way in the next few weeks! Like today! I used the Holly Jolly Greetings bundle, a little Versatile Christmas (this one is on the Holiday Retiring List – so you need to get it soon if you want it!), and some Peaceful Wreath (also on the Retiring List!). Take a look-see:
This layout was inspired by the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #214:
So, I started out by stamping the holly image from Peaceful Wreath in Versamark on a piece of Whisper White card stock, and then heat embossing it in Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder. Once it had cooled, I colored it with my Stampin’ Write Markers. I used Garden Green, Pear Pizzazz and a little Mossy Meadow for the leaves, and Real Red for the berries. Then I fussy cut the image out with my Paper Snips.
Then I used the “Jolly” die from the Christmas Greetings Thinlits set (which I got bundled for 15% off with the Holly Jolly Greetings stamp set) to cut the word out from the Red Glimmer Paper.
The card front itself is a panel of Whisper White, that I stamped the Holly Jolly Greetings snowflake flurry image all over with Versamark ink. Then I heat embossed that with Iridescent Ice Stampin’ Emboss Powder. Once it was cool, I ran it thru the Big Shot in the Softly Falling TIEF. For the mat, I wanted to use the Red Glimmer Paper, which is hard to adhere to – so I punched out a bunch of stars using the Itty Bitty Accent Punch Pack – I just punched them all over, where I knew they’d be hidden behind the white panel. I SNAILd that to a Whisper White Note Card, and then stuck Stampin’ Dimensionals into each of the stars, in preparation for the card front.
I made the banner element with a length of the new Gold 3/8″ Glitter Ribbon, using my snips to make the banner on the left end. I adhered it to the embossed Whisper White panel with Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue, and then trimmed the right end off even with the edge of the panel.
I used a few Stampin’ Dimensionals and the Fine-Tip Glue Pen to adhere the embossed Holly cut-out over the Gold Ribbon and then added the “jolly” die cut over that. Finally, I used a few of the stars that I’d cut from the mat, and adhered them with Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue. Just to round it out, I also used Liquid Glue to add some gold sequins from the Metallics Sequin Assortment.
Then, cause I could, I used a few dabs of Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details to add some bling to each of the berries on the holly branch. Then I set the whole thing aside to dry while I worked on the inside of the card.
I used Garden Green ink – I didn’t bring that Pad with me (really?!? Duh!), so I used my Garden Green Stampin’ Write Marker directly on the red rubber stamp – to add the Versatile Christmas sentiment to the inside of my Note Card. Then I added a few Red Glimmer stars with Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue.
Once I knew I hadn’t screwed that up, I went ahead and put the card front onto the card, adhering it to the Stampin’ Dimensionals that I’d already stuck on the front of the Note Card, inside each Itty Bitty Star punch out!
I did some quick bling-i-fication to the matching Note Card Envelope….just adding some Red Glimmer Stars to the front….
…and making a liner with my Envelope Liner Framelit, using a piece of Holidays Fancy Foil!
Et Voila! A Jolly Holly Christmas Card! Hope that you like it – this is a fun bundle, that appears to be going to stick around (it’s not on the Retiring List!).
All the sales are continuing – so don’t miss out.
- The Online Extravaganza! All the available items are shown below for your shopping convenience!
- DOUBLE Punkin’ Head Rewards program Peppermints while Extravaganza is going on
- The cool Christmas-y Weekly Deals andThe Retiring Product list!
- That’s a lot of shopping! And you never have to leave your house. Or your pajamas!
Enjoy your day – whether you’re decorating or shopping till yer dropping! See you tomorrow.
DOUBLE PUNKIN’ HEAD REWARD PEPPERMINTS!!
For every $25 or more (before taxes and shipping) ordered thru my Online store during the Online Extravaganza, I’ll give you DOUBLE peppermints (that would be two peppermints!) Just 16 Peppermints yields big rewards – I’m talking’ your choice of product(s) in either catalog valued at $40! Get all the information on my Punkin’ Head Rewards Program here! 🙂
16 Nov – 30 Nov Hostess Code: 3CT2D3SV. Use this hostess code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards/Hostess $$ if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift for Nov is your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the brand new 2015-16 Annual Catalog or the 2015 Holiday Catalog.
- Dates: November 23-30, 2015
- Two 24-hour flash sales for specific products will happen during this promotion: one on 23 November and one on 30 November.
- Past Paper Pumpkin kits and kit refills in Online Extravaganza are available for purchase by subscribers and non-subscribers.
- You choose the special bundle item codes provided for Online Extravaganza. Discounts will not be applied if individual component item numbers are entered separately. Bundles featured in Online Extravaganza will exist only during Online Extravaganza.
- There is no minimum purchase necessary for Online Extravaganza. Discounts will range from 20 to 50 percent.
- Additional products from current catalogs may be purchased on the same order.
- All order types (customer, demonstrator, workshop, and online) qualify for the Online Extravaganza discounted items and bundles.
- North America markets are participating in this promotion. Europe and South Pacific markets are not participating because this promotion was designed around a cultural event in North America.
- Sale is while supplies last – so tarry not!
Orders must be placed by Monday, November 30, 2015 at 11:50 PM (MT)
Now that you’ve read the fine print, here’s the list of items on sale during this special event!
WEEKLY DEALS FOR 24 Nov – 30 Nov 15!! Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through 30 Nov!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
- Dates: 16 Nov 15 – 4 Jan 16 (or while supplies last)
- Holiday Catalog Retiring List: The list is available here. It’s going to be updated every business day, so I’ll be checking and updating this link with every post.
- Remaining inventory for retiring products may appear later on the Clearance Rack. Here’s a link to the Clearance Rack – be sure to check often to see if your favorite hits the rack!
- Due to high demand for retiring stamps, Stampin’ Up! plans to keep producing retiring stamps until December 28. This is only applicable to stamps. Accessories are only available until they run out!
STAMPIN’ UP PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
CARD CUTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
Whisper White Note Card and Envelope
Whisper White Card Stock: 3 1/4″ x 4 3/4″ (card front)
Red Glimmer Paper: 3 3/8″ x 4 7/8″ (front mat – Itty Bitty Stars punched out)
Holidays Fancy Foil Vellum: Envelope Liner
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
BACKORDER LIST AS OF 24 NOV 15
139638: Snowflake Elements (9,680 backordered; 15,120 expected)
140436: Saison de fêtes Photopolymer Stamp Set
140536: Home for Christmas Enamel Dots (3,669 backordered; 10,440 expected)
126995: Stampin’ Trimmer Cutting Blades (811 backordered; 4,224 expected)
135829: Tiny Treat Boxes (852 backordered; 3,024 expected)
139683: Curvy Corner Trio Punch (1,654 backordered; 4,740 expected)
139673: Woodland Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (8,157 backordered; 9,792 expected)
139618: Gold Cording Trim (2,928 backordered; 5,248 expected)
139620: Silver Cording Trim (1,233 backordered; 3,520 expected)