Mornin’, y’all. Will soon be on my way home to my wiggle butt! Can hardly wait to see the little mongrel! 🙂
So. Remember me saying that I thought the cats are “playing” Finn? Pretending to be afraid of him and running so he chases them and gets scolded?
We got proof. Wayne told me today that he set a tuna fish can on the floor for Katy. She’d come into the kitchen when she smelled the tuna, brazenly disregarding the fact that Finn was in there having his dinner. She commenced to working on the tuna can – even when Finn came over the see what she had that smelled so darned good! Wayne told me Finn would try to stick his nose in the can and Katy would pull it away from him with her paw. So they were nose-to-nose. Tuna is worth showing your
hand paw over, apparently.
Well – the jig is up, Katy. We’ve got your number now. Hoisted on her own
petard tuna can, she was!
Poor little maligned and always-so-innocent-would-never-do-anything-wrong Finn….duped by a feline! 😉
Now. On to the card for today. One of the pretty new stamp sets coming soon in the 2017 Occasions Catalog is called All Things Thanks. I’m betting you can figure out what its theme is, yes? I used that, and combined it with one of the stamp sets you’ll be able to earn Free in Sale-A-Bration called Delicate Details. Look what I got when I put it on top of the oh-so-pretty Falling In Love DSP. Take a look-see:
My design played along with the Fab Friday sketch this week.
I started with a piece of the Bokeh print paper in the Falling In Love DSP. Using one of the pretty lace images in the Sale-A-Bration Delicate Details stamp set, I stamped in Sahara Sand several times. I started about 1/3 of the way up the panel and overlapped each image a little bit as I stamped on down the panel. When I was done, I SNAILd the DSP to a Sahara Sand mat.
I wrapped a piece of Very Vanilla 1/2″ Lace Trim around the card front, securing it in the back with scotch tape.
My sentiment, from All Things Thanks, is stamped in Sweet Sugarplum on a piece of Very Vanilla card stock. Then I cut it out with a Squares Layering Framelit. I decided to add a little sumpin’ sumpin’ to the panel, so I pulled out my Sealed with Love stamp set (also coming in the 2017 Occasions Catalog) and stamped the little fleur-diddle-dee-dee above the sentiment in Blushing Bride.
I matted the sentiment on a scalloped edge square of Sahara Sand card stock, cut with the Squares Layering Framelits. Then I popped the whole thing onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
For a little more texture, I adhered a couple of wooden hearts from the Sending Love Embellishment pack, using some Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue. And I finished it up with a tiny bow tied with Linen Thread adhered with an oh-so-tiny drop of Liquid Glue. And that was it for the card front! 🙂
On the inside, I SNAILd a piece of Very Vanilla card stock to a Sahara Sand mat. Then I matted a strip of Falling in Love DSP to another strip of Sahara Sand and then to the panel. Over that I wrapped a length of the Very Vanilla 1/2″ Lace Trim, securing it in the back with scotch tape.
I SNAILd the liner into my Blushing Bride card base, popped the card front on with Stampin’ Dimensionals, and the card was done!
My Very Vanilla Medium Envelope got one of the Sealed with Love fleur-de-doo’s in Blushing Bride on the front, plus a couple of flowerdy hearts in the corners…
…and some more of the oh-so-pretty Falling in Love DSP on the envelope flap.
Et Voila! I think this would be a perfect card for a new bride to send as a thank you, don’t you? These are both wonderful stamp sets, and I think the Falling in Love DSP is about the prettiest I’ve seen in a long while! Hope you like!
Scroll on down for the card cuts and all the goodies you need to make this one for yourself!
HOST CODE FOR 1 DEC – 15 DEC: K2Z3RB2G
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2016-17 Annual Catalog or the 2016 Holiday Catalog! And – you can even select one of the Host-exclusive sets! See my Rewards page for more details.
Year End Closeouts and 2017 Holiday Catalog Retiring Products
Promotion period: December 1, 2016 – January 3, 2017
- All products (and discounts, if any) can be found in the Year-End Closeouts category of the online store. Check it right here!
- Retiring item availability will follow standard retiring item rules:
- Retiring stamp sets are guaranteed available until December 21, after which they will be only available while supplies last.
- Retiring accessories will only be available while supplies last.
- All retiring items will be discontinued after January 3. That’s code for….Hurry! 🙂
- Here’s a download with the Initial List of Retiring Items, but the very best way to know what’s still available is to go to the Online Store! Hint: There’s a lot under the “Everything” section – and be sure to Show “All”!
- No minimum purchase is required to participate in Year-End Closeouts.
- Year-End Closeouts are eligible for Stampin’ Rewards with qualifying orders.
- New demonstrators may add Year-End Closeouts items to their Starter Kit.
- Hint – this is a great way to make that $99 investment go even further!
Online Host Club
Here’s the deets:
You sign up for a 6 month term and commit to:
- A $25.00 minimum order each month
- Placing your order by the 20th of each month
- And using the Host code I’ll provide in an email sent out at the beginning of each month
Once 6 members have joined, I’ll do a random draw to determine your host month. As a member of the Online Club, you’re guaranteed:
- A $150.00 Workshop order during your host month
- $15.00 minimum of Stampin’ Rewards dollars to spend on the exclusive Host Stamp Sets, or any other current Stampin’ Up! product during your host month – and most every Host has ended up with quite a bit more than $15 to spend!
- You earn TWO Peppermint Reward points for every $25 that you order on your Host Club Orders (versus the one that non-club members earn). So your $25.00 order earns TWO Peppermints every month, a $50 order earns 4 reward points, a $75 order earns you 6 reward points, etc. You’ll earn at least 12 reward points during your membership, building up your Peppermints towards FREE Items! When you collect just 16 Peppermints, you earn a free $40 gift of your choice from any active catalog!
- FREE catalogs during your membership term
- FREE shipping in your Host Month
- A FREE STAMP SET of your choice valued up to $20 at the end of the 6 months, any current set (excluding host sets)!
- And, at the end of the 6 months, you’ll get first dibs at signing up for the next 6 month term
During your host month you can gather up extra orders to increase your host rewards (just give your friends the host code for their orders). It’s that easy!
Let me know soonest if you’re interested in joining the fun – next Club begins in January!!
Don’t miss out on the Year End Closeout deals and snapping up retiring Holiday goodies while you wait for the start of the 2017 Occasions Catalog!
Speaking of which – if you’re a customer of mine, you’ll want to be watching your mailbox in the next week or so – you’ll be seeing your very own copies of the Occasions and Sale-A-Bration Catalogs – they’re scheduled to mail on 8 Dec. If you haven’t ordered from me and would like to – let me know and I’ll get you a copy in the mail just as soon as I can!
STAMPIN’ UP! PRODUCTS USED IN THIS PROJECT:
The All Things Thanks, Sealed with Love, and Delicate Details stamp sets and the Falling in Love DSP will be available on 4 Jan 17!
CARD CUTS USED IN THIS PROJECT:
Blushing Bride Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ (card base)
Sahara Sand Card Stock: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (mats for card front and for inner liner); 2 1/4″ Scallop square (mat for sentiment panel)
Falling in Love DSP: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (card front); envelope flap
Very Vanilla Card Stock: 2 1/8″ square (sentiment); 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (inner liner)
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!