Good morning and welcome to Friday – and the cusp of your weekend! Whoo-hooo! Whatcha got on the books for the weekend? Something fun? Chores? Both?? Inquiring minds want to know! 😉
My card today is a nod to the imminent arrival of Halloween. It’s one of my favorite fun folds – a Book Fold Corner Easel – featuring the new Bag of Bones bundle (the dies should be back next week so don’t 🙄🙄 at me for using something you don’t have right this second!) and several pieces of the coordinating Them Bones DSP. Take a look-see:
Being a fun-fold and all, I’m playing along with the Creative Creases challenge!
And I think you can see the elements of the card that I chose thanks to The Paper Players theme challenge.
I started with a Starry Sky card base – 4 1/4″ x 11″ – that I scored and folded at 5 1/2″ and 6 3/4″ on the long side. Then I scored the 4 1/4″ x 4 1/4″ portion on the diagonal.
I folded the 5 1/2” score line as a “mountain” and at the 6 3/4” score in the opposite direction. Topographically speaking, that would be a “valley” fold! The diagonal fold is a “mountain”.
Using Liquid Glue between the 5 1/2” and 6 3/4” score lines, I adhered the front of the card base to the back – just in that 1 1/4” area. This made the “book” or “side” fold.
I matted a strip of Them Bones DSP (the one that looks like bats – or black cats, depending on your perspective!) on Cajun Craze and adhered it to the small panel on the left (the “book” binding) using Liquid Glue.
I cut a Cajun Craze square and two squares of Them Bones DSP into triangles. I matted each DSP triangle on a Cajun Craze triangle mat – then adhered them to the two sections of the card front with Liquid Glue.
Using the 6th-from-smallest Deckled Circle die, I cut out a piece of the Them Bones DSP (it’s the night sky with the moon in it). I used the next largest die to cut out a Cajun Craze circle and adhered them together.
I put Liquid Glue on the lower triangle of the card front – the easel – and then adhered the matted circle to it.
Using the die in the Bag of Bones die set – I cut out a Basic Black “fence” and adhered it to the matted circle with Liquid Glue.
Then I made the crpyt!
– I pushed the cutting-side of the crypt die from the Bag of Bones dies into my Basic Gray ink pad – inking up the die.
– I carefully placed the die (cutting side down) on a piece of Smoky Slate cardstock and ran it thru my Stampin’ Cut and Emboss Machine.
– I stamped the Bag of Bones sentiment in the middle of the cut out in Cajun Craze ink.
– Using a Blending Brush, I added some Basic Gray ink all over the die cut – to “age” it some. Hint: start your blending OFF the die cut – and go slowly – you can always ADD more ink, but taking it OFF is…problematic! 😎
I adhered the finished crypt to the matted circle.
On a piece of Basic White, I stamped the skeleton from Bag of Bones in Basic Gray and the dog image in Cajun Craze. I cut them both out with their matching die.
Using Liquid Glue – I adhered the dog to the skeleton and then to the matted circle.
To dress them:
– I cut out a Starry Sky cardstock hat and adhered it with Liquid Glue.
– I cut three little Gold Foil stars (using the moon and stars die from the Bag of Bones set). I used Liquid Glue to adhere one star to his hat and the other to his chest. Well…what’s LEFT of his chest! 🙂
– I used the cane and bow tie die in the set to cut them from Starry Sky. I snipped the cane down and adhered it to the dog’s neck with a little Liquid Glue.
– I adhered the third tiny Gold Foil star to the dog’s collar with Liquid Glue.
– On a piece of Basic White, I stamped the beret-mustache-bandana image in Starry Sky ink. I used the coordinating die to cut it all out – then adhered the bandana with Liquid Glue.
I cut out three Basic Black bats, adhered them to the card with Liquid Glue – and the card front was done.
For the inside, I stamped a Bag of Bones sentiment in Cajun Craze on a Basic White square. I stamped the kitty in Pumpkin Pie – and then added a couple bats in Basic Gray. Then I matted the panel on Cajun Craze and adhered it to the inside of the card with Liquid Glue.
To make the easel stop – I cut out the cowboy boots from more of the starry-night Them Bones DSP. I adhered them together at their jaunty boot-scootin’ angle with a little Liquid Glue.
Then I used Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere them in place on the back panel of the card to stop the easel where I wanted it to stand – and the card was done!
My Basic White Medium Envelope got the Pumpkin Pie Bag of Bones kitty and some Basic Gray bats on the front…
…and some more batty Them Bones DSP on the envelope flap.
Et Voila! Y’all! I’ve found the problem with the new Bag of Bones bundle. Wanna know what it is?! I can’t STOP cutting out clothes and accessories and….body parts! And I bet you won’t be able to, either. It’s like Barbie-for-Adults! There’s just so many fun ways to dress ’em up! The Them Bones DSP strikes a perfect balance between super cute and super spoooooooky!!
Okay – there’s no spooky at all, sorry!
Be sure to try this bundle out – even if you (like me!) don’t love Halloween! And the Book Fold Corner Easel – just the best!
I hope you like!
If you’d like to recreate this card, all the products and card cuts you’ll need are down below! And this is the card I made on my YouTube live video yesterday – if you’d like to see it – for the first time or again – here ’tis!
I’ve also created a printable PDF with written instructions and a list of the products used to create this project. You can download, print and/or save it by clicking this image:
Missed any tutorials? You can check out my past projects right here!
Connect with me! https://campsite.bio/stampsnlingers
HOST CODE FOR 6 SEP – 15 SEP: W9XKDRP9
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift (AND the Monthly Card Tutorial) from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in any active Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Customer Rewards page for full details.
Note: Make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards!
You’ll also be getting a link to my ZOOM The Craftroom (an exclusive TWICE-A-WEEK online event for my customers) and the monthly Online Tutorial. The September Tutorial features the beautiful Autumn Leaves Bundle!
In honor of the Kick-off of the new catalog (yeah!) – I’m giving DOUBLE PEPPERMINTS on orders (over $50) placed thru my Online Store thru 12 Sept!! Whoo-hoo!
1. All orders of $50 or greater (before shipping and taxes) placed through my online store 6 Sept – 12 Sept 2023 will earn DOUBLE PEPPERMINT REWARD POINTS!!
2. Don’t forget to add my Host Code (W9XKDRP9) if your order is under $150 to get your free thank you gift (orders over $150 automatically get the free thank you gift!). Hey, Host Club ladies – be sure you’re adding YOUR host code (not mine!) – you’re getting Double Peppermints anyway!!
3. For more information about my Punkin Head Peppermint Reward points (my buyer reward program), click here.
4. You’ll also be getting the September Autumn Leaves tutorial AND the link to my fun Zoom the Craftroom sessions for September. Score! 😎😎
While Supplies Last!
Surprise, surprise! We’re offering a special release of five beautiful new Designer Series Paper options! These papers include fabulous holiday prints, gorgeous seasonal styles, and some spectacular timeless designs
Here’s the deets:
Sales Period: Starts 6 September
– The special release paper options will be available in the Online Exclusives category in the online store.
– Products will only be available while supplies last. Once products run out, they will no longer be visible in the online store.
Get the Stampin’ Up! Products Used in this Project:
Card Cuts Used in This Project:
Starry Sky Cardstock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base, scored and folded at 5 1/2″ and 6 3/4″); Bag of Bones die cut hat and “collar”
Cajun Craze Cardstock: 1″ x 4 1/8″ (mat for small “book” panel); 4″ x 4″ (cut on a diagonal -mat for two card front sections); 4 1/8″ x 4 1/8″ (mat for inner liner); 7th-from-smallest Deckled Circle die (mat for front circle)
Gold Foil Paper: Bag of Bones die cut stars (x3)
Smoky Slate Cardstock: Bag of Bones die cut crypt
Basic Black Cardstock: Bag of Bones die cut fence and bats
Basic White Cardstock: Stamped and die cut skeleton, dog and bandana; 4″ x 4″ (inner liner)
Them Bones DSP: 7/8″ x 4″ (small “book” panel); 3 3/4″ x 3 3/4″ (x2 – cut on a diagonal – two card front sections); Bag of Bones die cut boots (x2); 2 1/4″ x 6″ (envelope flap)
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Yesterday, as Finn expressed his interest in Wayne’s smoothie – Wayne says to me – why does he think he could get the smoothie? “We’ve” never let him lick the smoothie glass. Right?? 😳😳😳
So – he gave him the smoothie glass.
Literally. Gave it to him.
The struggle is very VERY real!