Good morning from NOLA! We made is safe and sound – if a little damp and a lot tired! – yesterday. Had some dinner at the hotel – Lobster Mac & Cheese! and then went to the first event of the conference for a little while. We didn’t stay long – headed up to bed to start the conference in earnest today! And the hotel has a great spot for breakfast…which we HEAR includes delicious beignets – so…we might not even NEED to go outside at all! Which may be good cuz…RAIN! ☔️ 🌧 ☔️ 🌧 ☔️ 🌧
I’m looking forward to seeing what Stampin’ Up! has on tap for us!
My card today is a fun-fold old stand-by for me – my fave of all time – the Book Fold. Aka the Side-Fold card! This one is all ready for Christmas – with Candy Canes dies cut right from the designs in the Sweetest Christmas DSP and a couple of Sweet Candy Canes sentiments. Take a look-see:
I played along with the Creative Creases challenge which is all about Fun Folds!
And several elements made their way into this project due to the Festive Friday Inspo List. I got Fancy Fold, Sweets/Candy, Hearts, and Pearls!
I started with a basic Book Fold card – scoring a 4 1/4” x 11” piece of Garden Green cardstock at 5 1/2” and 6 3/4” on the long side. I folded the 5 1/2” score line as a “valley” – so….you know, ”regular”! – and at the 6 3/4” score in the opposite direction. Topographically speaking, that would be a “mountain” fold!
Using Liquid Glue between the 5 1/2” and 6 3/4” score lines, I adhered the front of the card base to the back – just in that 1 1/4” area. This made the “book” or “side” fold. I did a quick video showing you how to make this card – you’ll find the link to it on Instagram down below!
I matted a narrow strip of candy-cane-strewn Sweet Christmas DSP on Real Red and adhered it to the small panel on the left side of the card with Liquid Glue.
Then I matted a second design from the DSP on Real Red for the card front.
Using the two candy cane dies in the Candy Cane Die set, I cut two red and green canes from the Sweetest Christmas DSP. How fun is that?? I love when we can cut cool images from our designer paper using DIES! 🙂
I adhered the two canes to the card front with Liquid Glue.
I stamped a Sweet Candy Canes sentiment in Real Red on a piece of Basic White and cut it with the label die in the Candy Canes die set.
I threaded a length of Garden Green 3/8″ Ribbon thru the two holes. Then I put Stampin’ Dimensionals on the back of the label and adhered it to the card front. I used a few Glue Dots to adhere the ends of the ribbon to the back of the card front.
Then I used Liquid Glue to adhere the card front to the front of the card.
I stamped the Sweet Candy Canes mistletoe twice in Garden Green on Basic White and cut them with the matching die in the Candy Cane die set. Then I adhered them with a Glue Dot.
I tied a small bow from the Garden Green 3/8″ Ribbon and attached it with a Glue Dot.
I added some Pearl Basic Jewels to the mistletoe – like white berries! – and a Heart Pearl to the sentiment and the card front was done!
For the inside, I stamped a second Sweet Candy Canes sentiment in Real Red on a Basic White panel. In two corners, I stamped the mistletoe twice in Garden Green ink.
I used Liquid Glue to adhere the panel to a Real Red mat and into the inside of the card and the card was done!
My Basic White Medium Envelope got more of the Sweet Candy Canes mistletoe in Garden Green on the front…
… and more of the Sweetest Christmas DSP on the envelope flap.
Et Voila! I do love this book fold fun fold – don’t you? And being able to decorate it for Christmas so easy-peasy with the Sweet Christmas DSP and Candy Cane die cut canes? Yes please! The Sweet Candy Canes bundle for sure needs to have a spot on your Christmas card-making shelf – and you NEED to make this fun fold – trust me on this! 🙂
I hope you like!
lf you’d like to recreate this card, all the products and card cuts you’ll need are down below! And – I did a quick video for you out on Instagram! You can check it out right here! 🙂
And…I’ve also created a printable PDF with written instructions and a list of the products used to create this project. You can download, print and/or save it by clicking this image:
Missed any tutorials? You can check out my past projects right here!
Connect with me! https://campsite.bio/stampsnlingers
HOST CODE FOR 16 AUG – 31 AUG: VCDBZV9P
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift (AND the Monthly Card Tutorial) from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in any active Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Customer Rewards page for full details.
Note: Make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards!
You’ll also be getting a link to my ZOOM The Craftroom (an exclusive TWICE-A-WEEK online event for my customers) and the monthly Online Tutorial. The August Tutorial features the Cottage Wreaths Bundle!
SALE-A-BRATION IS WINDING DOWN!
While it’s ALWAYS a good time to join the team – if you pull the trigger before the end of this month, then…you’ll not only get to select $125 worth of product for just $99 +tax – And Starter Kits ALWAYS ship for FREE! – you’ll ALSO get a cool and beautiful Planner – FREE. If you purchase the Starter Kit by 31 Aug 2022 you’ll receive the amazing Make Your Plans Bundle FREE with your Starter Kit!! Check it out!
Oh and did I mention that you’ll start saving 20% off EVERYTHING you purchase once you’ve joined!? Yup – it’s true!
What’s in your Kit?
- $125 in Stampin’ Up! merchandise of your choice from the current Annual Catalog, Jul – Dec 2022 Mini Catalog or the online store (includes clearance rack items!).
- The Making Plans Bundle!!
- 8 Annual Catalogs, 8 Mini Catalogs and 8 Sale-a-bration Brochures and a few additional business supplies.
What are the Perks and bennies of being a Demonstrator?
- At least a 20% discount on everything that you order as a Demonstrator!
- Early peeks at new release items and preorders for new items for about a month before they are available to purchase!
- The ability to attend Demonstrator exclusive Stampin’ Up! events!
- No pressure to sell to anyone, hold classes or workshops or run a business. You can simply order for yourself and get the discount! And as long as you have at least $300 in sales per quarter, you’ll continue as an active Demonstrator and continue to get the discount. If you aren’t able to maintain the $300 per quarter minimums, you simply go back to being a customer, no commitment required and no penalty if decide that being a Demonstrator isn’t right for you.
- And – join now and you’ll be an “active” demonstrator – without selling or buying another thing at all! – thru the end of December – which will also get you in on the pre-order for the new Jan – Jun 2023 Mini Catalog! Whoo-hoo!
And…what are the perks of joining with me?
- You’ll be a part of my Critters-N-Creatin’ Krew team!
- Monthly team meetings via video conference where we talk about the latest happenings at Stampin’ Up! and share project ideas. We’re scattered all over the United States, but we get together in person online and have lots of fun chatting!
- Access to my ZOOM The Craftroom virtual stamping get-togethers each week!
- Free access to my online class tutorials.
- A private Facebook page where we can chat, ask questions and share ideas.
- Team giveaways and prizes! We do fun giveaways and prizes for sharing projects and for reaching sales and recruiting goals.
- Monthly team trainings and meetings for those interested in learning more about the business side of Stampin’ Up!.
- Whether you’d like to start a business or would simply like the great discount, I’m here to support you in any way I can!
If you have any questions about joining, please drop me a note at email@example.com, I’d love to chat with you!
Get the Stampin’ Up! Products Used in this Project:
Card Cuts Used in This Project:
Garden Green Cardstock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base, scored and folded at 5 1/2 and 6 3/4″)
Real Red Cardstock: 1 1/8″ x 4 1/8″ (mat for small side panel); 4 1/8″ x 4 1/8″ (x2 – mat for card front and for inner liner)
Basic White Cardstock: Candy Canes die cut label (sentiment); 4″ x 4″ (inner liner); Sweet Candy Cane stamped and die cut mistletoe sprigs (x2)
Sweetest Christmas DSP:1″ x 4″ (small side panel); 4″ x 4″ (card front); Candy Canes die cut canes (x2); 2 1/2″ x 6″ (envelope flap)
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Finn Fan Fix