Hey y’all – it’s Sunday, which means I’ve got another fun challenge for you from the Paper Players – Joanne brought us a really cool sketch challenge to work with this week! 🙂 It’s a good one – and one that I know will give your creative mojo a bump! So I hope you’ll come and play along with us!
If you were able to join me yesterday for my Facebook Live video, I appreciate you spending some of your weekend with me! If you weren’t able to watch the live version, but you’d like to see the replay on YouTube…here ’tis!
I inked up the cool Ridiculously Awesome stamp set and added an apple from Harvest Hellos to make a card that would be great for back to school! With a little Playing With Patterns DSP – and a front-flap-fun fold – well…take a look-see:
And here’s our Paper Players challenge!
And I played along with the theme challenge over at the Global-Design-Project.
I started with a piece of Playing with Patterns 6″ x 6″ DSP that I adhered to a Night of Navy mat for the card front.
Next up is a Whisper White rectangle cut with a Stitched So Sweetly die and adhered with Liquid Glue. Then came a strip of the DSP – bannerized at both ends with the Banner Pick a Punch.
On yet another design in the Playing with Patterns 6″ x 6″ DSP, I stamped the apple image from Harvest Hellos in Calypso Coral and then punched it with the Apple Builder Punch. I also punched a little Night of Navy stem.
An apple that’s made of swirls of Calypso Coral and Crushed Curry could for sure have a Night of Navy stem. Work with me, here! 😉
I adhered the stem to the apple and then stuck the whole thing on to the card front with Liquid Glue.
I cut a smaller “card” from Night of Navy and adhered another Playing with Patterns 6″ x 6″ DSP design to the front. On the inside, I used my Stamparatus to add a Ridiculously Awesome sentiment and some Crushed Curry stars to a small piece of Whisper White and adhered it with Liquid Glue.
Then I adhered the little card to the front of the big card with Liquid Glue.
For the main sentiment, I used my Stamparatus and inked the big Ridiculously Awesome sentiment in Calypso Coral. Before stamping it on a piece of Whisper White – I cleaned off the middle word of the sentiment so that there would be a blank space there. Then I stamped it and cut it with a Stitched So Sweetly rectangle – making it a little smaller by re-positioning the die and running it back thru the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine.
I adhered that piece to the front of the small card.
I stamped the sentiment again in Crushed Curry and fussy cut just the word “Ridiculously”. Then I adhered the word in place with some Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals. Tip – be sure that you don’t put dimensionals too close to the beginning and end of the word or you’ll have sticky stuff where you don’t want it – hanging over the edge of the little front card! You know how I know this! 😉
For the back, I stamped another Ridiculously Awesome sentiment in Calypso Coral on a Whisper White panel and added a few Crushed Curry stars.
I used Liquid Glue to adhere the panel to a Night of Navy mat and onto the back of my Calypso Coral card base, added the card front with Liquid Glue as well and the card was done!
My Whisper White Medium Envelope got another Harvest Hellos apple in Calypso Coral and Night of Navy and some Crushed Curry Ridiculously Awesome stars on the front…
…and more of the Playing With Patterns DSP on the envelope flap.
Et Voila! Ridiculously Awesome really lives up to its name – it’s filled with fun sentiments in great fonts – for so many occasions! And it’s even got some sweet little images to help get your message across!
And how fun is the Playing With Patterns 6″ x 6″ DSP? It’s chock-a-block full of color and patterns!
Next week is the start of our Designer Series Paper sale and Playing With Patterns is one of FIFTEEN…wait for it…RIDICULOUSLY AWESOME!…Designer Series Paper Packs on sale for 15% off! SCORE! Get the deets on the sale down below – and get ready to stock your stash!!
If you want to recreate this card – all the Stampin’ Up! products you need are listed down below along with the card cuts!
Now – before you reach for your ink and papers, check out what our amazing team has created to inspire you this week:
The Paper Players Design Team
- LeAnne Pugliese
- Claire Broadwater
- Joanne James
- Laurie Schmidt
- Anne Marie Hile
- Ann Schach
- Allisa Steinlicht
- Stef Perry
- Mary Deatherage – you’re here right now!
HOST CODE FOR 16 SEP – 30 SEP: JBMCHDXU
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift (AND the Monthly Card Tutorial) from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in any active Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details. The September Tutorial features the In The Pines Bundle!
Coming on 1 October!
We all love gorgeous Designer Series Paper, and during this incredible sale, you can enjoy a 15% discount on select papers from our current catalogs! This’ll be a great time to stock up and save on some of our most popular paper designs!
Here’s the Deets:
- Sale runs 1 Oct – 31 October 2020 at 11:50 pm (MT)
- All order types qualify for this promotion.
- There is no limit to how many packages of Designer Series Paper may be purchased during this promotion.
- Only select Designer Series Papers are available at a 15% discount during this promotion.
- Orders must be placed—and closed—during the promotion period for the 15% discount to apply.
- Designer Series Paper ordered as part of a Starter Kit or with Stampin’ Rewards qualify for the 15% discount – WHOO-HOOO!!!
Here’s a printable PDF that will let you start planning your plan!!
I’d Love To Have YOU Join My Team!
And there’s still a few more days to take advantage of Stampin’ Up!’s amazing Get & Go Starter Kit Joining Bonus!
The Get & Go Starter Kit promotion will give folks who sign up in September additional products to kick start a business OR just get some amazing extra goodies to create 16 super pretty cards in a blink!!
In addition to the already great-valued Starter Kit, new demos will get pre-cut paper, stamps, and embellishments to use however you want! Stamp with friends? Yup! Make a bunch of cards quick-like-a-bunny? Yup! Whatever you want to do with all these extra goodies…go for it!
Here’s the deets:
- This great deal ends on 30 September!
- In addition to the regular starter kit – you pay $99 plus tax and choose $125 worth of products plus get FREE SHIPPING! – you’ll ALSO receive…
- 16 pre-cut and individually-packaged cards packs – including envelopes!
- 8 packs of precut cardstock of the coastal cabana pack
- 8 packs of precut cardstock of the Granny Apple Green pack
- A pack of Rhinestone Basic Jewels
- The So Much Love stamp set – here’s a video of the project ideas included!
- The Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set – here’s a video for this set’s projects!
- 16 pre-cut and individually-packaged cards packs – including envelopes!
- Use these extra goodies to make samples (using the “recipes” – you’ll ALSO get!) -hold an event with your friends or…for whatever you like! Would you just like to get a lot of cards made fast? This is a great tool!
- Important note: Ink, adhesive, cutting tool, and clear block for stamping must be purchased separately. However, these products may be included as part of the Starter Kit product selection.
There’re lots of great reasons to join Stampin’ Up! and I’d love to have you join my team!
- Enjoy a 20% discount (from the git-go!) on ALL of your Stampin’ UP! Purchases – and that discount can go up!
- Receive new catalogs EARLY
- Order new product EARLY
- Attend virtual and in person demonstrator only events
- Join our online Critters-N-Creatin’ Krew community of over 35 Members in our private FB group – and you KNOW we’re having fun!
- We have great virtual team meetings! Here’s a couple of pics of all of us peering into our computer cameras. Look at all those happy faces! When you join our team – then you’re a part of a fun community of men and women who love crafting and love Stampin’ Up! products!!
- Enjoy hostess benefits (Stampin’ Rewards) just the same as customers – yes, in ADDITION to your Discount! 😉
- You choose whether you want to simply enjoy the discount, new friends and lots of ideas or whether you’d like to start building a business – which you can decided to do anytime. Or not. There’s no pressure – EVER! This is my promise to you!
So – who’s going to join us?! 🙂
If you’ve got questions, give me a shout and we can chat! 🙂
World Card Making Day is 3 October!
These days, everyone needs a lift and wants to hear that they’re important to someone. And with everything going on in the world, handmade cards are a perfect way to reach out and show appreciation for special friends!
We held this event last year for WCMD and we all had so much fun that we decided to do it again! All are welcome to join us! We’ll be setting up a Facebook page to host the event and I’ll be sharing the link to the page in late September. Keep an eye out on my Facebook page and here on the blog for more details! Can’t wait to stamp with you all then!!
Get the Stampin’ Up! Products Used in These Projects:
Card Cuts Used in This Project:
Calypso Coral Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ (card base)
Night of Navy Card Stock: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (mats for card front and for back); 2 1/2″ x 7″ (small card base on front – scored and folded at 3 1/2″)
Whisper White Card Stock: Largest Stitched So Sweetly die cut rectangle(section); Third Largest Stitched So Sweetly die cut rectangle (sentiment panel cut down to 2 7/8″ x 2″); 2 3/8″ x 3 3/8″ (small inner liner); 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (back of card); fussy cut sentiment
Playing With Patterns 6″ x 6″ DSP: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (card front); 2 3/8″ x 3 3/8″ (front of small card); 3/4″ x 5 1/2″ (strip on front); Apple Builder Punched apple; envelope flap
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Shop the Clearance Rack here. Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Punkin Head Peppermint Rewards – My online customer thank you program!
Finn Fan Fix
Have you heard of the Dawn Patrol? Surely you have….
In aviation – it’s the first aircraft up to do a weather check – or recon for enemy activity.
In surfing – it’s the first person to hit the waves and provide the surfing conditions to other surfer-dudes.
In Finn-land….it’s more like the several-hours-AFTER-Dawn patrol (a guy has to get his sleep!) – and it’s all about that first look for the deer. The figments. The rogue squirrels.
Regardless of the intent of the mission – or your definition of “patrol” – it requires laser focus.
Don’t even try to distract me, Mom – I’m at my post.
Such a cute card! So sorry that I missed your live last night, I’ll catch the replay later! 🙂 Well…a mid-morning patrol is pretty close to the same thing as the dawn patrol, right??