Hey y’all – happy Sunday! I hope you’re having a great weekend!
If you were able to join me yesterday for my Facebook Live video, I appreciate you spending some of your weekend with me! If you weren’t able to watch the live version, but you’d like to see the replay on YouTube…here ’tis!
I decided it had been a minute since I’d used the sweet Pampered Pets bundle and some Playful Pets DSP. So…out it came! I made – what is for me! – a clean and simple card front and then turned it into…a fun fold! Take a look-see:
The design for the front of my card is pulled from this week’s Hand Stamped Sentiments sketch.
This fun fold is called a Swing Easel. A few of my Critters-N-Creatin’ Krew ladies made some and shared them on our team Facebook page and – you know I love an easel card! I found a tutorial for it over on Splitcoast Stampers from Wendy Lee. That one is a different size – so I wanted to make one that will fit in our Medium Envelopes. I put on my engineering hat for a second and this is what I came up with! 🙂
I started with a 4 1/4″ x 11″ piece of Basic Black card stock that I scored – but did not fold – at 5 1/2″ on the long side.
I embossed another piece of Basic Black card stock (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″) in the Dainty Diamonds 3D Embossing Folder and then adhered it to one end of the prepared card base with Liquid Glue.
Then I scored three times (at 2 1/2″, 3″ and 3 1/2″). I finished off my cutting the 1/2″ wide frame.
Then I folded the score lines (all are “mountain” folds except the one at 3″ – it’s a “valley”).
I made the card front with a piece of Whisper White matted on Real Red. I cut two narrow strips of Playful Pets DSP and used the Banner Triple Punch to punch a banner end on the shorter strip. I matted both pieces on Real Red and then adhered them to the card front with Liquid Glue.
On another piece of Whisper White, I stamped the Pampered Pets sentiment in Real Red and cut it with a Stitched Rectangle Die.
I cut the sweet little dog image using a die from the Pets Dies set – this image is on one of the Playful Pets DSP designs – and it cuts right out with the die. Cool!
I stamped three balloons from the So Much Happy stamp set – two in Pacific Point and one in Granny Apple Green – and cut them with the dies in the Happy Die Set.
I used Liquid Glue to layer the balloons and the sentiment onto the card front – then I popped my pooch over top with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
His treat bowl is stamped in Tuxedo Black on Whisper White and colored with my Real Red Stampin’ Blends Combo, then fussy cut and popped onto the card front with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
I tied a little bow thru the top of a Playful Pets Trinket using the black-and-white twine from the Playful Pets Trim Combo Pack, then I adhered it to the bowl with a Glue Dot.
I wrapped more of the twine around the bottom of the card front and tied a bow – and that was it for the card front!
For the inside, I stamped a second sentiment and a few hearts from Pampered Pets in Real Red on a piece of Whisper White, matted it on Real Red and adhered it to the inside of the card. On a seperate piece of Whisper White – I stamped the cat image (this is a bipartisan card!!) from Pampered Pets in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and colored her with my Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends Combo and light Petal Pink Blend. Then I cut her with her Pets Die – and popped her onto the inner liner with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Note: where you put the “easel stop” (this popped up cat in this case) determines how high or low your easel “stands” when it’s on display! I used the Light Smoky Slate Blend to add a little shadow under the kitty – and the card was done! 🙂
My Whisper White Medium Envelope got the kitty and a few hearts on the front – if your recipient is more a “dog” person – you could stamp and color the dog instead!…
…and a little more Playful Pets DSP on the envelope flap.
Et Voila! The Pampered Pets stamp set with the Pets Dies all bundled for a 10% savings (SCORE!!) is SUCH a fun one to have for folks who love their fur-kids, don’t you think??
I hope you like – AND will try this fun Swing-Easel card SOON!!
If you want to recreate this card – all the Stampin’ Up! products you need are listed down below along with the card cuts!
HOST CODE FOR 1 SEP – 15 SEP: AN7AK7HC
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift (AND the Monthly Card Tutorial) from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in any active Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details. The September Tutorial features the In The Pines Bundle!
AWESOME JOINING SPECIAL GOING ON NOW!
The Get & Go Starter Kit promotion is meant to give those who sign up to be a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator additional products to kick start a business or have a quick and easy stamping afternoon with friends! In addition to the already great-valued Starter Kit, new demos will get pre-cut paper, stamps, and embellishments to use however you want! Stamp with friends? Yup! Make a bunch of cards quick-like-a-bunny? Yup! Whatever you want to do with all these extra goodies…go for it!
Here’s the deets:
- New demonstrators who join before 1 September or after 30 September will not be eligible for this promotion.
- In addition to the regular starter kit – you pay $99 plus tax and choose $125 worth of products plus get FREE SHIPPING! – you’ll ALSO receive…
- 16 pre-cut and individually-packaged cards packs – including envelopes!
- 8 packs of precut cardstock of the coastal cabana pack
- 8 packs of precut cardstock of the Granny Apple Green pack
- A pack of Rhinestone Basic Jewels
- The So Much Love stamp set – here’s a video of the project ideas included!
- The Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set – here’s a video for this set’s projects!
- 16 pre-cut and individually-packaged cards packs – including envelopes!
- Use these extra goodies to make samples (using the “recipes” – you’ll ALSO get!) -hold an event with your friends or…for whatever you like! Would you just like to get a lot of cards made fast? This is a great tool!
- Important note: Ink, adhesive, cutting tool, and clear block for stamping must be purchased separately. However, these products may be included as part of the Starter Kit product selection.
There’re lots of great reasons to join Stampin’ Up! and I’d love to have you join my team!
- Enjoy a 20% discount (from the git-go!) on ALL of your Stampin’ UP! Purchases – and that discount can go up!
- Receive new catalogs EARLY
- Order new product EARLY
- Attend virtual and in person demonstrator only events
- Join our online Critters-N-Creatin’ Krew community of over 35 Members in our private FB group – and you KNOW we’re having fun!
- Enjoy hostess benefits (Stampin’ Rewards) just the same as customers – yes, in ADDITION to your Discount! 😉
- You choose whether you want to simply enjoy the discount, new friends and lots of ideas or whether you’d like to start building a business – which you can decided to do anytime. Or not. There’s no pressure – EVER! This is my promise to you!
So – who’s going to join us?! 🙂
If you’ve got questions, give me a shout and we can chat! 🙂
Get the Stampin’ Up! Products Used in These Projects:
Card Cuts Used in This Project:
Basic Black Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base – scored, cut and folded as shown); 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ (embossed front panel)
Real Red Card Stock: 3 1/8″ x 4 1/4″ (mat for card front); 5/8″ x 4 1/8″ (mat for “paws” DSP strip on front); 5/8″ x 2 7/8″ (mat for striped DSP strip on front); 4″ x 5 1/4″ (mat for inner liner)
Whisper White Card Stock: 3″ x 4 1/8″ (card Front); 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (inner liner); 1″ x 2 3/8″ Stitched Rectangle Die (sentiment); Happy Die cut balloons; Fussy cut Pampered Pets dog bowl; Pets Die cut cat
Playful Pets DSP: 1/2″ x 4″ (“paws” strip on front); 1/2″ x 2 3/4″ (striped strip – with banner – on front); Pets Die cut dog; envelope flap
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Finn Fan Fix
Have you heard the saying…the early bird gets the worm?
Well – Finn follows that logic, sort of…changing it up just a tad.
His version is….The right-under-foot-so-there’s-no-missing-him dog…
…gets the plate lickings or food droppings or…just some pettings!
Yes – it’s true. There is ABSOLUTELY no where else he could possibly lay…..