Good morning, y’all – welcome to another edition of Amy’s Inkin’ Krew Team blog hop! Each month we make projects centered around a theme – and this month our theme is Halloween Fun! We can interpret that any way we want – so…be sure to check and see everyone’s projects – we’ve got a bunch of talented ladies hopping with us this month!
I like owls. We have owls flying around our place – and we can frequently hear them in the woods. So…the Have A Hoot stamp set spoke to me from the jump! And – since it’s got something for Halloween as well as Christmas – it was a natural for today’s challenge with a little Magic in This Night DSP! Take a look-see:
With our theme challenge, I also used the MFT Challenges sketch for my layout!
I started with a piece of Whisper White that I embossed in the Cobwebs 3D Embossing Folder for the card front.
I used the largest square in the Stitched Shapes Dies to cut some spidery paper from the Magic in This Night DSP – and then adhered it to the embossed panel with Liquid Glue. I let the right corner hang off a bit and snipped the excess with my Paper Snips. Then I adhere the panel to a Bumble Bee mat with Liquid Glue.
So…hang with me – I stamped the Have a Hoot owl image a bunch of times. Ready?? For the art/sentiment, I used my Stamparatus and stamped the little guy and spider in Tuxedo Black on Whisper White. And I stamped it again on a piece of Gilded Autumn Specialty DSP and again on a piece of Bumble Bee 2020-2022 In Color DSP. AND – I stamped the spider on another little piece of Whisper White. Yeah – lots of owls flying around my room!! 🙂
I cut the image with the same Stitched Shapes Die that I’d used for the DSP. Then I put it in my Stamparatus at the same angle that it was going to end up being on the card front, and stamped the Have A Hoot sentiment in Blackberry Bliss. I colored the tree with my Soft Suede Stampin’ Blends Combo.
From the Gilded Autumn DSP, I fussy cut the owl – yes, I’ve done this before but it’s just so stinkin’ perfect for an owl. Sorry – not sorry!
From the Bumble Bee 2020-2022 In Color DSP image, I cut his eyes/beak. And I cut the spider from the piece of Whisper White using the die in the bundled Peek-A-Hoot Dies.
I used mini Black Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere the DSP owl over the stamped owl, and then added the Bumble Bee eyes/beak with Liquid Glue. I used a piece of Stampin’ Dimensional to pop the fussy cut spider over his counterpart on the art piece.
Finally – I used the uber-cool little spider web die from the Peek-A-Hoot Dies to cut three Basic Black webs.
I adhered one of the webs to the card front with Liquid Glue – then popped the art panel over it with Black Stampin’ Dimensionals. Then I trimmed the excess from the left side.
I used a Mini Black Stampin’ Dimensionals and some Liquid Glue to adhere the other two webs to the card front.
I added an Iridescent Pearl to each spider web, and the card front was done!
On the inside, I added a second Have A Hoot sentiment in Blackberry Bliss. Next to it, using my Stamparatus, I added part of the tree and the spider image. I did that by coloring just the part of the image that I wanted with my Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker. Then I colored the tree with the Soft Suede Blends.
I used Liquid Glue to adhere the panel to a Bumble Bee mat and into my Blackberry Bliss card base, popped the card front on with Black Stampin’ Dimensionals and the card was done.
My Whisper White Medium Envelope got the Have A Hoot tree and spider, stamped just like I’d done on the inside panel….
…and a little more spider-strewn Magic in This Night DSP on the envelope flap.
Et Voila! There’s really no way NOT to love this Have A Hoot stamp set – with the Peek-A-Hoot Dies that will cut all the images AND that great spider web! And – how fun that you get TWO holidays in one set?!?
And the spooky-pretty Magic in This Night DSP and Cobwebs 3D Embossing Folder are a great complement to the set!
I hope you like!
If you want to recreate this card – all the Stampin’ Up! products you need are listed down below along with the card cuts!
Now that you’ve seen my card, I hope you’ll take a little time to jump thru all the other projects we have to share. Click any name below, or you can use the Previous Blog button to jump back to Sue’s page or the Next Blog button to see what Donna’s been up to!
Mary Deatherage – YOU ARE HERE!
Have fun on the hop! 🙂
HOST CODE FOR 1 SEP – 15 SEP: AN7AK7HC
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift (AND the Monthly Card Tutorial) from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in any active Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details. The September Tutorial features the In The Pines Bundle!
AWESOME JOINING SPECIAL GOING ON NOW!
The Get & Go Starter Kit promotion is meant to give those who sign up to be a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator additional products to kick start a business or have a quick and easy stamping afternoon with friends! In addition to the already great-valued Starter Kit, new demos will get pre-cut paper, stamps, and embellishments to use however you want! Stamp with friends? Yup! Make a bunch of cards quick-like-a-bunny? Yup! Whatever you want to do with all these extra goodies…go for it!
Here’s the deets:
- New demonstrators who join before 1 September or after 30 September will not be eligible for this promotion.
- In addition to the regular starter kit – you pay $99 plus tax and choose $125 worth of products plus get FREE SHIPPING! – you’ll ALSO receive…
- 16 pre-cut and individually-packaged cards packs – including envelopes!
- 8 packs of precut cardstock of the coastal cabana pack
- 8 packs of precut cardstock of the Granny Apple Green pack
- A pack of Rhinestone Basic Jewels
- The So Much Love stamp set – here’s a video of the project ideas included!
- The Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set – here’s a video for this set’s projects!
- 16 pre-cut and individually-packaged cards packs – including envelopes!
- Use these extra goodies to make samples (using the “recipes” – you’ll ALSO get!) -hold an event with your friends or…for whatever you like! Would you just like to get a lot of cards made fast? This is a great tool!
- Important note: Ink, adhesive, cutting tool, and clear block for stamping must be purchased separately. However, these products may be included as part of the Starter Kit product selection.
There’re lots of great reasons to join Stampin’ Up! and I’d love to have you join my team!
- Enjoy a 20% discount (from the git-go!) on ALL of your Stampin’ UP! Purchases – and that discount can go up!
- Receive new catalogs EARLY
- Order new product EARLY
- Attend virtual and in person demonstrator only events
- Join our online Critters-N-Creatin’ Krew community of over 35 Members in our private FB group – and you KNOW we’re having fun!
- Enjoy hostess benefits (Stampin’ Rewards) just the same as customers – yes, in ADDITION to your Discount! 😉
- You choose whether you want to simply enjoy the discount, new friends and lots of ideas or whether you’d like to start building a business – which you can decided to do anytime. Or not. There’s no pressure – EVER! This is my promise to you!
So – who’s going to join us?! 🙂
If you’ve got questions, give me a shout and we can chat! 🙂
Get the Stampin’ Up! Products Used in These Projects:
Card Cuts Used in This Project:
Blackberry Bliss Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base, scored and folded at 5 1/2″)
Bumble Bee Card Stock: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (mats for card front and for inner liner)
2020-2022 In Color 6″ x 6″ DSP: Have A Hoot fussy cut owl eyes
Gilded Autumn Specialty DSP: Have A Hoot fussy cut owl
Basic Black Card Stock: Have A Hoot die cut spider webs
Whisper White Card Stock: 3 3/4″ x 5″ (Card front and inner liner); Largest square Stitched Shapes Die cut (art/sentiment)
Magic in This Night DSP: Largest square Stitched Shapes Die cut; envelope flap
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Finn Fan Fix
No FFF’s on Blog Hop Days!