Happy Friday, y’all! Hope you’ve got a good weekend in store – and that you’re not hunkered for Laura. Or wildfires. Sheesh. What a year!
Today and tomorrow is our Stampin’ Up! Leaders Summit – it’s a virtual event. WAS supposed to be in New Orleans.
Yes. Right now. New Orleans! Possibly the only COVID silver-lining I’m seeing right now! Without that – we’d have been scrambling and SU! wouldn’t have had time to lay in an amazing virtual event for us! So…yeah COVID.
HUH??? EVER think you’d hear THAT phrase??
As an added bonus – we’re also going to find out where our Incentive Trip for 2022 will be held! I’m so excited to find out!
On to why you came!
If you were able to join me yesterday for my YouTube live, I appreciate you spending some time with me – if not, but you’d like to see the replay, here ’tis! 🙂
This little treat box starts with a cool Mini Paper Pumpkin Box – and is perfectly sized for treat-gift-giving at Christmas. It’ll hold a bar or two, some fudge or…whatever other little delights you’d like to include! I decorated the box – and the matching gift insert – with the sweet Warm Hugs Bundle and some Heartwarming Hugs DSP. Take a look-see:
The design for the front of the box itself is based on the sketch challenge this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.
I started by making the note card insert, folding a 2 7/8″ x 5 3/4″ piece of Whisper White in half. On another piece of Whisper White, I stamped one of the round sentiments from Warm Hugs in Real Red and cut it with the matching die in the bundled Warm Wraps Dies. While I was at it, I cut a circle from Early Espresso and some Garden Green gingham from the Heartwarming Hugs DSP – also using dies in the set!
I matted a coordinating piece of the DSP on Mossy Meadow and then adhered it to the front of my notecard. Using Liquid Glue, I stacked and adhered the three die cuts. Then I stamped a little tree outline in Mossy Meadow – and filled it with the stamp inked in Pear Pizzazz – then cut it with the handy die in the Warm Wraps Dies. I popped it onto the card with a Stampin’ Dimensional – then added a little star from the All The Trimmings Embellishments.
On the inside, I stamped a sentiment from Warm Hugs in Real Red – and the little tree again in Mossy Meadow and Pear Pizzazz.
Even though it’s a gift insert – and your recipient is likely to be diving for whatever yumminess you’ve included – that’s no call to get lazy with the 3″ x 3″ Whisper White Envelope! I stamped the Warm Hugs tree on the front and added some of the Heartwarming Hugs DSP to the tiny little flap!
And then it was time to decorate the Mini Paper Pumpkin Box!
I started with a piece of Whisper White and embossed about 3/4 of the panel in one of the Wrapped in Texture Embossing Folders. I used Liquid Glue to adhere a panel of Heartwarming Hugs DSP – and then matted the whole thing on Mossy Meadow.
I wrapped some Real Red 3/16″ Braided Linen Trim around the panel like a present and tied a knot.
I created the tag in the same way that I’d done for the front of the note card insert – using one of the other sentiments in the Warm Hugs set. I punched a smallish hole in the top using my grocery store paper punch – then tied the tag to the panel using the Real Red trim.
I stamped a mug – in Mossy Meadow and Pear Pizzazz, the candy canes – in Real Red, and the star – in Bumble Bee. And then cut them with their dies in the Warm Wraps Die set. I popped them all onto the panel with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Then I added a few more All The Trimmings embellishments – and the gift was done!
Et Voila! The food-safe lining of the Mini Paper Pumpkin Boxes – along with their size – make them perfect for right-sized food gifts at the holidays! And the whole thing closes up and is a tidy way to present your goodies. Decorate them with the Warm Wraps bundle and Heartwarming Hugs DSP…
– or…whatever strikes your fancy!
I hope you like!
If you want to recreate this project – all the Stampin’ Up! products you need are listed down below along with the card cuts!
HOST CODE FOR 16 AUG – 31 AUG: QSHFG3TX
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift (AND the Monthly Card Tutorial) from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in any active Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details. The August Tutorial features the Autumn Goodness Bundle!
My Fundraiser to Help Iowa – ends in THREE Days!!
One of the huge weather events (in a long list of them this past few weeks) – that really did NOT get a lot of attention! – is the derecho that hit Iowa a couple of weeks ago. If you have seen any videos of it – it truly looked like a hurricane had hit Iowa. Uhm – because it totally had – winds in the 100+mph range (that’s Cat 2 territory, folks!) With no warning to speak of. To say it was devastating is a bit of an understatement! 🙁
Imagine that same wind rolling across corn and soybean fields – destroying crops and infrastructure.
Why do I care? Well, I’ve got friends thru Stampin’ Up! that live in Iowa (fortunately safe!). One of them, who is also my team mate – gifted me with a subscription to Our Iowa Magazine last year. She was trying to convince me of the beauty of her “fly-over state”! Well – I read that magazine and…was convinced! No – STILL not going to move there, cuz…SNOW!! 😉
Why should we ALL care? As a result of the storm, at least 43% of the corn and soybeans grown in the state were lost. Which will be seen in the supermarkets where you and I get our food! But beyond all that – many in that state are hurting, have lost their homes, schools and businesses and some are still without power (12+ days after the storm and with daytime temps in the 90’s ). Many farm families lost everything and are left with a huge mess to clean up prior to planting next spring. With so much destruction, they can really use our help!
There’s an organization in Cedar Rapids, IA, called the Iowa Giving Crew, a Cedar Rapids based non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that’s helping to get power restored to those still waiting, is feeding those in need, provides 3 meals a day and is helping with the cleanup. They’ve got a Facebook page that you can see here with photos and details about the help they’re providing.
I decided to follow Amy’s lead and set a goal of donating $500 to the Iowa Giving Crew.
How can you help me help them??
Place a Stampin’ Up! Order Or Donate Directly!
There are two ways you can help me to reach my goal:
Shop Online: For any orders placed through my online store between now and 31 August 2020 I’ll be donating 20% of your merchandise total to the Iowa Giving Crew.
- 20% of orders placed through my online store between now and 31 August 2020 will be donated to the Iowa Giving Crew.
- You’ll earn Peppermint Points and a thank you gift from me with all orders of $50! See my host code details below.
- Anyone ordering $50+ will be entered to win a new Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine from me to be given away on 1 September 2020! See the details below.
Make a Donation of $25+ directly to the Iowa Giving Crew:
- Anyone worldwide is welcome to make a donation to the charity directly via Venmo or PayPal to help (see the details to donate on the Iowa Giving Crew website here).
- For those in the US, send me a screenshot of the receipt for your donation of $25+ to the Iowa Giving Crew to firstname.lastname@example.org and you’ll be entered to win the new Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine* to be given away on 1 September! See the details below.
- If you order $50+ through my Stampin’ Up! store AND donate at least $25 directly to the Iowa Giving Crew, your name will be entered twice to win the machine!
Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine Giveaway
As an added bonus, I’ll enter anyone who either orders $50+ through my online store between now and 31 August 2020 OR who makes a direct donation* to the Iowa Giving Crew by 31 August 2020 into a drawing for a brand new Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine!
*Please note: Per Stampin’ Up! rules, I’m only allowed to ship the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine to addresses in the United States or military APO addresses. Only those with US/APO shipping addresses will be eligible to win the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine. Anyone outside the US is welcome to donate but will not be eligible to win the machine. Orders and/or Donations must be placed by midnight MT on 31 August 2020 to be entered to win the machine. One winner of the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine will be randomly chosen on Tuesday, 1 September from all of the entries received.
Drop me an email at email@example.com with any questions. I so appreciate your help and donations to help the good folks in Iowa!! #iowastrong #derecho2020
AWESOME JOINING SPECIAL COMING IN SEPTEMBER!!
Watch for more details – but…here’s the gist! 🙂
- New demonstrators who join before 1 September or after 30 September will not be eligible for this promotion.
- In addition to the regular starter kit – pay $99 plus tax and choose $125 worth of products! – you’ll ALSO receive…
- 16 pre-cut and individually-packaged cards packs – including envelopes!
- 8 packs of precut cardstock of the coastal cabana pack
- 8 packs of precut cardstock of the Granny Apple Green pack
- A pack of Rhinestone Basic Jewels
- The So Much Love stamp set
- The Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set!
- 16 pre-cut and individually-packaged cards packs – including envelopes!
- Use these extra goodies to make samples (using the “recipes” you’ll ALSO get!) – hold an event with your friends or…for whatever you like!
- Important note: Ink, adhesive, cutting tool, and clear block for stamping must be purchased separately. However, these products may be included as part of the Starter Kit product selection.
There’s lots of great reasons to join Stampin’ Up! and I’d love to have you join my team! See all the bennies here – and watch for more details as we get closer to September! If you’ve got questions, give me a shout and we can chat! 🙂
ONLY THREE DAYS LEFT TO REDEEM THOSE BONUS DAYS COUPONS!!
YOU earned them – now….you get to redeem them for awesome Stampin’ Up! Products – just in time for the release of the Aug – Dec 2020 Mini Catalog!!
Here’s the Deets!
- There’s no limit to the number of coupon codes you can use on an order during redemption.
- Bonus Days coupon codes may be redeemed for any product (excluding Starter Kits and Paper Pumpkin monthly subscriptions).
- New PREPAID Paper Pumpkin codes MAY be discounted using Bonus Days coupon codes.
- Bonus Days coupon codes WILL REDUCE the retail amount of an order – and might affect your Stampin’ Rewards (which are based on the AFTER-COUPON amount!)
- Bonus Days coupon codes may be redeemed one time only.
Get the Stampin’ Up! Products Used in These Projects:
Card Cuts Used in This Project:
Whisper White Card Stock: 2 7/8″ x 5 3/4″ (note card insert base, scored and folded at 2 78″); 3 1/2″ x 5 1/4″ (Box front)
Mossy Meadow Card Stock: 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″ (mat for front of note card insert); 3 5/8″ x 5 3/8″ (mat for box front); Warm Wraps die cut shapes and sentiments
Early Espresso Card Stock: Warm Wraps die cut circles
Heartwarming Hugs DSP: 2 5/8″ x 2 5/8″ (front of note card insert); 1 3/4″ x 5 1/4″ (box front); envelope flap
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Finn Fan Fix
I hear parents with young kids bemoaning the fact that they can’t eat alone. Go to the bathroom alone. Do really…anything?…alone.
I THINK Wayne understands their problem…
Poor guy. If ONLY we knew what caused this!! 😉