Well, shoot-fire, y’all. It’s freakin’ Monday again! Sheesh – why does it come so fast and then take so long to get back to the weekend? Anyone have a clue? I think it’s even harder to face the week when half (or more!) of the weekend was rainy and pretty much nasty, don’t you? And yes – that’s what we had. All the day long on Sunday. Finn – not a fan. He loves the mud but his mom doesn’t so….he got to spend way less time outside than normal. 🙁
That kind of weather is, however, great for making cards! So…I did! And we did a video last night with one of those projects. If you were able to join me – thanks so much for spending part of your weekend with me! If not, but would like to see the project I made with the Lots to Love Box Framelits and the Southern Serenade stamp set, here’s a link to it on YouTube!
I used some of the pretty Sweet Soiree Specialty DSP to make the box with the Lots to Love Box Framelits – I’ve found that the heavier weight of the foil specialty papers works the best for these little boxes.
As you can see in the video – you’ll cut two of the Lots to Love Framelits box die cuts and put them together with Fast Fuse – or Tear & Tape Adhesive like I used!
Then I adhered a piece of Night of Navy card stock to the front of the box. Around the box, I wound some Linen Thread a few times and secured it on top of the Night of Navy panel.
I stamped the beautiful flower image from Southern Serenade in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink on Whisper White and let it get really dry. Then I colored it with my Light and Dark Pool Party and Old Olive Stampin’ Blends and popped it over the Linen Thread with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Using the Cookie Cutter Builder Punch, I cut a few little hearts from Night of Navy and adhered them with Liquid Glue. Some Pearl Basic Jewels in the flower centers and a Linen Thread Billie Moan bow, adhered with a Glue Dot, finished off the box.
I made three little note cards to put in my pretty Lots to Love Box, from the new Whisper White Narrow Note Cards and Envelopes. They each have a mat and a panel on the front stamped with the Southern Serenade flower and colored with Stampin’ Blends – in Pool Party, Daffodil Delight or Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive.
They each got a little Night of Navy heart – cut with the Cookie Cutter Punch – and a matching envelope.
The inside of the narrow envelope got a little liner….cut with a 2 1/4″ Circle Punch – from the same Sweet Soiree Specialty DSP that I used to make the box. I just adhered it with a little Liquid Glue and then scored it at the fold of the flap.
On the inside of each card, I added one of the sentiments from Southern Serenade in Night of Navy.
I added a slightly angled Night of Navy mat to each card.
Et Voila! Take a gander at the video to see how to assemble the Lots to Love Box and more info on stamping and coloring the Southern Serenade flowers with our wonderful new Stampin’ Blends. Hope you like!
HOST CODE FOR 16 JAN – 31 JAN: DXQNA92T
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 from the 2017-2018 Annual Catalog or the 2017 Holiday Catalog! And – you can even select one of the Host-exclusive sets! See my Rewards page for more details.
Get in on the Ultimate Bundle!
What if you could get anything you wanted – from the Annual Catalog, the Occasions catalog, the Clearance rack? And what if you could get it with like…a 45% savings? And – what if, after you bought that Ultimate Bundle, you could THEN get 20-25% off Every. Single. Thing.
I think you’d be pulling out that credit card!
I am, of course, talking about the Stampin’ Up! Starter Kit! It truly is the Ultimate Bundle.
ESPECIALLY right now during Sale–A-Bration.
Let’s look at some facts.
- You spend $99 – and you pick any products you want (the products you pick are 100% up to you!) for a value of $125.
- Because it’s Sale-A-Bration, you ALSO get ANY two stamp sets…FREE. So…if you picked…say…the Letters For You stamp set and the Wood mount Flourishing Phrases – that’s another $99 worth of free goodness!
- Every order thereafter…you save 20%. On everything. And, play your cards right (see what I did there?) you can parlay that to a 25% discount.
- There’s no obligation to sell. Advertise. Blog. Do workshops. Attend events. Do craft shows. Nothing!
- If you meet your quarterly quota – you remain a demonstrator. And keep saving that money!
- If you don’t? Well…you go on your merry way with about $225 worth of goodies tucked in your craft stash. No commitment – no penalty!
- Joining the Critters-N-Creating Krew team is easy – and we are building a great little community of folks who love to stamp and create! We have a fun and exclusive FB page that we share with the Amy’s Inkin’ Krew. We chat and share our projects there. We also have monthly virtual team meetings and quarterly meetings where those of us in the area all get together to have lunch and make fun projects!
- Our team is a mix of folks who joined to get the discount (Hobby Demos) and those who are pursuing a business! So whatever YOUR goal is – you’re most welcome!
- You’ll be joining a super company that’s been around for 30 years! Yep – 2018 is our 30th Anniversary and there’s big happenings in store throughout the year – what a great time to get in on the fun!
- Joining is easy to do – just click here and head on over the Online application! And – if you have any questions while you’re there – or before you go! – drop me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Sale-A-Bration is a pretty big deal, y’all! Check out all the information over on my Stampin’ Up! Promotions page!
Stamps-N-Lingers 2018 Occasions Catalog Special Bundle Sale!
Check out all my special bundles at my Stamps-N-Lingers 2018 Occasions Catalog Bundles page and fill out the form you’ll find there. There are descriptions of each bundle as well as pictures!
STAMPIN’ UP! PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
CARD CUTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
Whisper White Narrow Note Cards and Envelopes
Night of Navy Card Stock: 2 1/4″ x 4″ (mats for card fronts, inner liners and box front); Cookie Cutter Punch hearts
Whisper White Card Stock: 2 1/4″ x 4″ (card fronts, inner liners and box front)
Sweet Soiree Specialty DSP: Lots to Love Box; 2 1/4″ Circle Punch (liners for envelopes)
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Finn Fan Fix
You guys ever hear of a “Meet Cute” in the movies? Where the hero and heroine meet in some cutesy little way that sort of sets the stage for their relationship?
Well – watch “The Holiday” – and you’ll learn all about it.
In the meantime, I’ve been teaching Finn some new tricks.
He’s learned to “Shake” (a left-paw shake) and “Paw” (a right-paw shake), Peekaboo – where he pops between your legs.
And…the Sleep Cute.
He got this one waaaaay fast! I’m telling you, people – this is the very first attempt! See how good he is at it?? ;)