Good morning, y’all! I hope everyone enjoyed their 4th of July holiday! I did gather myself up and went to my friend’s house for the afternoon – and I’m so glad I did! I had a wonderful time with her and her husband and a few other folks from their neighborhood! I even gave myself a bit of a “day off” on the diet – although Sandi made wonderful things that I could eat without guilt.
And her neighbor brought some guilty pecan pie tartlets.
I had one of those, too – and it was….so yummy!
Last October, I posted a card that looked like….this:
One of the perks of being a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator is the opportunity to earn an Incentive Trip each year. All of them are wonderful – they’re going to a resort in Phuket, Thailand this year – and include airfare and super-cool perks. As in swag and free goodies and sneak peeks at new catalogs!
The incentive trip for 2018 was announced last September – and it’s an Alaskan cruise!
As I mentioned in my 1 Oct post (check it right here, if you like) – it was the perfect combination for me.
Alaska – check!
Cruise – check!
Cruise to Alaska – check check and CHECK!
So – I set my sights on earning that cruise.
And – thanks to my wonderful customers and the ladies who’ve joined my little downline….
I found out on Monday evening that I’ve earned the Alaskan Cruise!!
Whooo-hoooo!!! I can hardly believe it yet. But it’s true. This time next year, Wayne and I will be just about ready to fly to Seattle for the start of our weeklong cruise with a whole passle of Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators!
I guess I can wait that long!
I’m surely grateful that I signed up to be a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator and that they’ve given me the opportunity to…earn extra cash, play with wonderful stamping products and meet lovely folks (that’s you guys!!) Oh. And go on a CRUISE!!!
Okay – on with the card for today! I thought I’d make something sort of nautical – that hints at the cruise, to use to send to Wayne and let him know 1) I love him and 2) it’s time to be thinking about getting those little stick legs tanned and ready for some shorts! Cuz….buckle up, buttercup! We’re goin’ a-cruisin’!!
I pulled out the new Message in a Bottle stamp set and some Foil Frenzy Specialty DSP for the occasion. Take a look-see:
This layout was inspired by the sketch from the Global Design Project this week.
I started with a piece of Crumb Cake card stock, created a card base and dry embossed the front in the Seaside TIEF. I know – I did this very recently on my Magical Mermaid card. Sorry – but it just makes sense for this card, too! 🙂
I cut a small piece of the striped Soft Sky paper in the Foil Frenzy Specialty DSP and ran that thru the Big Shot in the Seaside TIEF, too. I SNAILd it to a Marina Mist mat and popped it onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
On a scrap piece of Thick Whisper White card stock, I stamped the bottle image from Message in a Bottle, in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. To “fill” the bottle, I stamped the water image in Marina Mist. I also stamped the water image on the top of a sticky note and cut it out to make a mask – which I placed over the water I’d just stamped inside the bottle.
Using the ship image, I stamped it inside the bottle and over my masked water in Early Espresso Ink. When I picked up the mask – my ship was “in” the water! Then I colored the sails with my Pool Party and So Saffron Stampin’ Write Markers.
Finally, I stamped a “cork” in the top of the bottle in Crumb Cake ink, and then I fussy cut the bottle.
My sentiment, also from Message in a Bottle, is stamped on a strip of Whisper White in Marina Mist. I cut a same-size strip of So Saffron card stock, snipped banners in the end of both strips and adhered them to the middle panel with Liquid Glue. Using Liquid Glue (and a mini Stampin’ Dimensional), I adhered my bottle over the top.
To finish it off, I tied a small bow with two lengths of Silver Metallic Thread and one length of Linen Thread and adhered it to the bottle neck with a dab of Liquid Glue.
On the inside, I stamped the bottle again in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink on a Thick Whisper White panel and then added the I Love You image in Marina Mist. This is a photopolymer stamp set – so it’s easy peasy to get the images where you need them. I added a Marina Mist heart from Message in a Bottle as a cork. 🙂 Across the bottom – since I fully expect to see whales on the cruise!! – I stamped three in Tuxedo Black, with Marina Mist spouts!
I SNAILd the panel to a Marina Mist mat and then into my card base, and the card was done!
I added more of the Tuxedo Black whales across the front of my Whisper White Medium Envelope…
…and then added more of the Soft Sky foil paper from the Foil Frenzy Specialty DSP to the envelope flap.
Et Voila! What do you think? Will he “get” both the messages in this card? I suspect I’ll have to follow up with a phone call. I know he’ll figure the I Love You piece – but…the ship in the bottle…well. That one may be a little more obscure. But – isn’t this a Message in a Bottle a fun little stamp set? Hope you like!
P.S. Scroll on down for all the card cuts and a list of products I used in this project!
P.P.S If you think you might like to explore the possibility of earning your own trip with Stampin’ Up! – well, this is a super great time to be joining Stampin’ Up! Even if that wouldn’t be your goal – but saving 20% or more on everything you order IS….it’s still the right time! Be sure to check out all the things that you’ll get if you join us in July!
HOST CODE FOR 1 JULY – 15 JULY: JSKNUQGN
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 from the 2017-2018 Annual Catalog! And – you can even select one of the Host-exclusive sets! See my Rewards page for more details.
Still Time to Earn Double Peppermint Rewards Points!
All orders of $50 or higher, until next Sunday, 9 July – will earn double peppermint points! What a perfect time to earn the 16 points that will snag you a free $40 gift from me!! Need more info about my Punkin’ Head Rewards Program? Check it out right here! And here’s an easy link to my Online Store to get you started!
Bonus Days Have Started!
For every $50 you spend in July (before shipping and tax), you’ll get a $5 Bonus Days coupon that you can use in the month of August!
Check out the details:
- There’s no limit to the number of coupons participants can receive per order or throughout the duration of the promotion.
- An email address is required to participate; Bonus Days coupon codes can only be delivered via email.
- All order types (including Demonstrator orders!) qualify for this promotion excluding Starter Kits.
Which all means…this is a perfect time to start crossing some of those goodies off that you’ve got on your Wish List!
This is the Best Time All Year to Join Stampin’ Up!!
You’ll get more free goodies than Santa’s got in his bottomless bag – all for joining Stampin’ Up! during the Christmas in July promotion!
So – we already know that spending $99 and getting $125 worth of Stampin’ Up! is a heckuva good deal – especially since it also includes Free Shipping (that saves you 10% right there!).
But – add in the Stampin’ Up! Christmas in July Essentials Pack – which you’ll ALSO get for FREE this month and…WOWWWWWW!! THAT’S what I call a Christmas present!
Take a look-see at what you get in the Essentials Pack:
- Paper Snips (this is a $10 value). I flat love these! You’ve seen me make my decorated envelope flaps – this is my go-to tool for that and all my fussy cutting!
- SNAIL Adhesive ($7 value). Easy to use adhesive for almost every task.
- Grid Paper ($11 value). Such a simple thing – and yet….so useful. And you get so many sheets – this one package will last you a LOOOOOONG time!
- Two Clear “D” Blocks ($17 value). Keep one. Give one away to a friend! Or…you know. Keep them both for yourself! 😉
- Bone Folder ($7 value). An oft-overlooked but essential tool for scoring, folding or curling!
- BONUS (and this is HUGE!): Carols of Christmas Stamp Set from the upcoming holiday catalog ($20 value). I suspect this one could be your go-to for the Holidays. And you’ll get it early so you can get a head start on your Christmas Cards. Take a look-see:
So….you get $72 worth of tools for free – meaning your $125 Starter Kit can include all the FUN stamp sets and bundles and paper and and and…that you WANT! SU!’s covering what you NEED! Cool, huh?
And – of course, when you join with me, you become part of a wonderful group of ladies – in my direct team and as part of Amy’s team!
What else will you get?? Well …
- You’ll get a minimum 20% discount on all of your orders – and it can go even higher! And with all your orders, you can save even more – earning Stampin’ Rewards dollars to spend on more free goodies!
- Your Starter Kit can be any products you want – from any active catalog – including bundles (yep – save another 10%!)! And we’ve got some great ones. Check ’em out right here.
- You get about 30 minutes to test drive a car. With Stampin’ Up! – you get about SIX MONTHS to enjoy the bennies of being a demonstrator! Whaaaaa? Yep – you have from the time you join until the end of your first full Stampin’ Up! quarter to take advantage of the demonstrator discounts and benefits. July is the start of a quarter – the end of the first full quarter is 31 Dec. So you’ll have until 31 Dec to reach your first $300 in sales to renew for Jan – March.
- No commitment – and no penalty if you decide to drop! If you reach $300 in sales by the end of the first full Stampin’ Up! quarter (31 Dec), you renew your demonstrator discounts and benefits for another quarter. If you don’t – you can “drop” with no penalty. Cool beans!
- You get to order early from the new catalogs. All demonstrators have the chance to pre-order select goodies from each new catalog!
- You’ll be invited to join our private Facebook community – where we chat, ask questions, share projects and win fun prizes!
- Our group meets each month via Google Hangout – join or not – up to you!! But – you’ll want to take part – we have a great time together!
- Oh – and if you stick around….you might earn a cruise…or a trip to Italy…or…who knows what will come for 2019 and beyond!?!
- And – you get me! I’m always available to answer questions – help you out – or just talk!
You’ve got nothing to lose and everything to gain – so…why not give it a try? Drop me a note at Stamps-N-Lingers@comcast.net if you have any questions!
STAMPIN’ UP! PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
CARD CUTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT:
Crumb Cake Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base, score and fold at 5 1/2″)
Marina Mist Card Stock: 2 5/8″ x 3 5/8″ (mat for Foil Frenzy panel); 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (mat for inner liner)
Whisper White Card Stock: 3 3/4″ x 5″ (inner liner); 1/2″ x 2 3/4″ (sentiment banner); Message in a Bottle fussy cut bottle
Foil Frenzy Specialty DSP: 2 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ (Panel on front); envelope flap
So Saffron Card Stock: 1/2″ x 2 3/4″ (banner behind sentiment)
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Shop the Clearance Rack here. Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Punkin Head Peppermint Rewards – My online customer thank you program!
Finn-Fan Fix – no new pictures of the Finn today! 🙁
Perfect card–Congratulations. I know you’ve worked hard to get that cruise. You and Wayne are going to have a wonderful time.