You know what’s cool?
Ha! I’m cwackin’ myself up!! 🙂
It’s Hawmp Day again – and we’re closing in on the weekend. But – we’re also closing in on the end of the Double Peppermint Rewards Points ordering bonus. Tomorrow’s the last day, folks!!
My card for today is a….spec card. Know what that is? It’s like a Spec House – where a builder builds a house and then hopes someone will like it enough to buy it. So, this is a Spec Card. My friend here in Savannah – yep, still have one! – wanted a Just Sayin’ Hello card for his honey. So I made something I hoped he’d like. I used some Vintage Leaves and a pretty sentiment from Grateful Bunch and Gift of Love, to make…this. Take a look-see:
I was playing along with the Just Us Girls Trend Challenge #351 this week:
I started out with a Very Vanilla card stock panel and I lined it up all straight on my grid paper, then I used two strips of Sticky Note tape to run right across the panel. This accomplished two things: it secured the panel so it wouldn’t wiggle all over and it set my masks up.
The sponging, which I did first, started with Perfect Plum ink, then I added some Bermuda Bay. Finally, I filled in the rest of the space with Dapper Denim – and used that sponge to “smooth” things up a bit. Be judicious here – you want “smooth”, not “muddy”. And it can change from the first to the second in a heartbeat! 🙂
Before pulling my tape, I used the small and pretty sentiment from In the Meadow (day after day year after year) and stamped it multiple times in the sponged area in Crumb Cake ink. I stamped it a few times without re-inking….
Then I pulled the tape and began the next phase of the build. My leaves are from the wonderful Vintage Leaves stamp set, stamped in Basic Black Archival Ink. I did the first leaf, and then stamped the image on a sticky note and fussy cut it for a mask. Then I masked the first leaf and stamped the second over the top.
For the front sentiment, I used the Grateful Bunch set and stamped it in Perfect Plum. Then I punched all four corners with the Project Life Corner Punch. The mat is Perfect Plum, and I punched its corners with the outside corner rounder on the Envelope Punch board (the two corners nest up perfectly!). Then I SNAILd the two panels together.
To add a little texture and interest, I wrapped a length of the new 1/4″ Natural Trim Ribbon – in Silver – around the card front, securing it in the back with scotch tape. I tied a small bow from the same ribbon and a length of Silver Metallic Thread and used a Glue Dot to adhere it over the ribbon on the card.
On the inside, I rounded the corners of another panel of Very Vanilla with the Project Life punch and then used my Sticky Note tape again to mask off a portion of the bottom of the panel so I could repeat my Bermuda Bay, Perfect Plum and Dapper Denim sponging. Then
I wrapped another length of the Silver 1/8″ Natural Trim around the panel.
I picked the nice sentiment from the host-exclusive Gift of Love stamp set – based on the history I know of my friend and his lady – and stamped it in Perfect Plum. I added two Enamel Shape hearts – one in Dapper Denim and one in Perfect Plum – to symbolize the two of them.
I punched the corners of another Perfect Plum panel with the Envelope Punch Board and SNAILd it to the inner liner. Finally, I SNAILd the whole thing into my Bermuda Bay card base, popped the card front on with Stampin’ Dimensionals and the card was done.
Et Voila! I’m real pleased with how this came out and I hope you are, too. I know my friend liked it – he picked this one and one other card this morning! A little old, a little new – and a lot pretty! 😉
Scroll on down for the card cuts and all the goodies you need to make this for yourself!
HOST CODE FOR 1 Jul – 31 Jul 16: 9STKB9MW
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift – your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the 2015-16 Annual Catalog.
GOING ON RIGHT NOW!
For every $50 you spend* between July 7 and July 31, you’ll get a $5 Bonus Days coupon that you can use between August 2–31, 2016! This is a great opportunity for you to get items from your wish list, whether you buy them now or with your coupons in August. This is the first time Stampin’ Up! has offered this type of promotion, and it’s a deal everyone will want in on!
NOTE: Bonus Days coupon codes will be delivered via email, so an email address is required to participate in this promotion. Stampin’ Up! cannot resend emails with coupon codes, so make sure you save the email and write down the codes in a safe place so you don’t miss out on the coupons you earn.
*Participants will receive a Bonus Days coupon code via email for every $50 they spend in a single order (catalog price before shipping and tax).
- An email address is required to participate in this promotion; Bonus Days coupon codes can only be delivered to participants via email.
Stampin’ Up! strongly recommends that participants both save emails containing their Bonus Days coupon codes AND write down the coupon codes in a safe place—the codes cannot be resent if the participant loses the email, and Demonstrator Support cannot recover lost codes.
- Participants will receive a $5 Bonus Days coupon code via email for every $50 they spend in a single order (catalog price before shipping and tax). There is no limit to the number of coupons participants can receive per order or throughout the duration of the promotion. There is no limit on the number of coupons participants can use on an order during redemption.
- Bonus Days coupons codes can be used in the checkout process during the redemption period.
- All order types qualify for this promotion. Coupons can be redeemed on any order type.
- Email addresses must still be provided in order to qualify for Bonus Days coupons during the promotion period.
- Bonus Days coupon codes can be redeemed for any product, excluding Starter Kits and Paper Pumpkin subscriptions. New prepaid Paper Pumpkin codes can be redeemed.
- Promotion period: July 7–31, 2016
- Promotion Deadlines: July 31, 2016 by 11:50 PM (MT)
- Redemption period: August 2–31, 2016
- Redemption Deadlines: August 31, 2016 by 11:50 PM (MT)
ONLY ONE DAY REMAINS – ENDS TOMORROW!!
Everyone who orders $50 or more (before shipping and tax) between now and 14 Jul 16 (that’s one short week from today!) – will receive Double Peppermint Reward Points!
Here’s the fine print:
- All orders of $50 or greater (before shipping and taxes) placed through my online store from now thru 14 Jul will earn double DOUBLE PEPPERMINT REWARD POINTS!!
- Don’t forget to add the Host Code below if your order is under $150 to get your free thank you gift (orders over $150 automatically get the free thank you gift!). SPECIAL NOTE: If you’re in my Online Host Program – don’t use this Host Code! Use the July Host Code!:)
- For more information about my Punkin Head Peppermint Reward points (my buyer reward program), click here.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Tomorrow’s Happy Stampers Blog Hop day – so I’ll be in your inbox a little earlier than usual. We go live at 7am EDT!
STAMPIN’ UP! PRODUCTS USED IN THIS PROJECT:
CARD CUTS FOR THIS PROJECT:
Bermuda Bay Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base, scored and folded at 5 1/2″)
Perfect Plum Card Stock: 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ (mats for card front and for the inner liner);
Very Vanilla Card Stock: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (card front and inner liner)
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!