Well – it’s done. I’m officially in Savannah. And it’s officially hot as all get out here.
I was going to show you a picture of my packed Soul – which was also going to be my load-plan to get it all back home. My hubby can PACK A CAR. Like….seriously. But – hot. Too hot for photo ops – and I wanted to get back inside. So I forgot to take my load plan pictures. I drew a sketch. It probably won’t help. But I tried, okay?
I got everything unpacked and set up. It’s Deja Vu all over again…..
On to the card for the day. It’s a selfie of Duck Duck. She got all dolled up and draped a pretty ribbon around her neck and…hitched herself to a wagon full of posies. Weird – I do not know where she got that wagon….And she asked me to make a card with the picture – so I did. And it seemed like the gorgeous host-exclusive set – Basket For You – was just the thing to complement her Chinese-goose self (yes, I’ve finally nailed down her….type). Take a look-see:
Okay – enough of that! I can’t believe I had you all fooled with this. Duh – obviously this is a stamp! Not a Stampin’ Up! stamp – but one that my mom sent me and I think it’s awfully cute, so I wanted to use it.
The layout comes from challenge #244 over at Freshly Made Sketches:
I started by SNAILing a panel from the A Little Foxy DSP Stack to a mat of Peekaboo Peach. For the art work, I stamped the goose in Soft Suede on a piece of Whisper White card stock. I cut it out with a die from the Oval Layering Framelits. I used successively larger dies to make the multiple mats – some scallop, some straight. Then I SNAILd the white ovals to their Peekaboo Peach mats.
I colored my goose with a number of Stampin’ Write Markers – in Pink Pirouette, Flirty Flamingo, Wild Wasabi and Peekaboo Peach. To assemble the card, I SNAILd the largest oval directly to the card front and then wrapped a piece of Peekaboo Peach 3/8″ Ruched Ribbon around the card front, securing it in the back with scotch tape. Then I popped the goose-y ovals over the top with Stampin’ Dimensionals. I made a little bow with the Ruched Ribbon and stuck it on the card with a Glue Dot. I also added a little heart in Peekaboo Peach from the 2016-2018 In Color Enamel Shapes pack.
The sentiment is from Basket For You, stamped in Peekaboo Peach on Whisper White. Then I cut it out with the matching die from the Bunch of Banners Framelits set. It’s adhered to the card front with Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue.
On the inside, I had a little fun with the striped image in Basket For You. First, I stamped it in Smoky Slate across the bottom of a Whipser White panel. Then I came back and stamped it again – offset a little (it’s photopolymer, so it’s easy to line up) – and stamped it in Peekaboo Peach. I stuck a sticky note over that image and stamped the little posies in Soft Suede all across the bottom. When I pulled off the sticky note…
I colored the flower with Daffodil Delight, Pink Pirouette, Flirty Flamingo and Wild Wasabi Stampin’ Write Markers and then added another little enamel heart. I SNAILd the panel to a Peekaboo Peach mat and into my Smoky Slate card base. I popped the front on with Stampin’ Dimensionals, and the card was done! 🙂
On the front of the Whisper White Medium Envelope, I repeated the Basket For You stripes in Smoky Slate and Peekaboo Peach. The stamped image isn’t as long as the envelope, but that’s okay – I just centered it on the front. The flowers are once again stamped in Soft Suede and colored just like on the inside of the card…
Scroll on down for the card cuts and all the goodies you need to make this for yourself!
HOST CODE FOR 1 Jul – 15 Jul 16: 9STKB9MW
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift – your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the 2015-16 Annual Catalog.
GOING ON RIGHT NOW!
For every $50 you spend* between July 7 and July 31, you’ll get a $5 Bonus Days coupon that you can use between August 2–31, 2016! This is a great opportunity for you to get items from your wish list, whether you buy them now or with your coupons in August. This is the first time Stampin’ Up! has offered this type of promotion, and it’s a deal everyone will want in on!
NOTE: Bonus Days coupon codes will be delivered via email, so an email address is required to participate in this promotion. Stampin’ Up! cannot resend emails with coupon codes, so make sure you save the email and write down the codes in a safe place so you don’t miss out on the coupons you earn.
*Participants will receive a Bonus Days coupon code via email for every $50 they spend in a single order (catalog price before shipping and tax).
- An email address is required to participate in this promotion; Bonus Days coupon codes can only be delivered to participants via email.
Stampin’ Up! strongly recommends that participants both save emails containing their Bonus Days coupon codes AND write down the coupon codes in a safe place—the codes cannot be resent if the participant loses the email, and Demonstrator Support cannot recover lost codes.
- Participants will receive a $5 Bonus Days coupon code via email for every $50 they spend in a single order (catalog price before shipping and tax). There is no limit to the number of coupons participants can receive per order or throughout the duration of the promotion. There is no limit on the number of coupons participants can use on an order during redemption.
- Bonus Days coupons codes can be used in the checkout process during the redemption period.
- All order types qualify for this promotion. Coupons can be redeemed on any order type.
- Email addresses must still be provided in order to qualify for Bonus Days coupons during the promotion period.
- Bonus Days coupon codes can be redeemed for any product, excluding Starter Kits and Paper Pumpkin subscriptions. New prepaid Paper Pumpkin codes can be redeemed.
- Promotion period: July 7–31, 2016
- Promotion Deadlines: July 31, 2016 by 11:50 PM (MT)
- Redemption period: August 2–31, 2016
- Redemption Deadlines: August 31, 2016 by 11:50 PM (MT)
Everyone who orders $50 or more (before shipping and tax) between now and 14 Jul 16 (that’s one short week from today!) – will receive Double Peppermint Reward Points!
Here’s the fine print:
- All orders of $50 or greater (before shipping and taxes) placed through my online store from now thru 14 Jul will earn double DOUBLE PEPPERMINT REWARD POINTS!!
- Don’t forget to add the Host Code below if your order is under $150 to get your free thank you gift (orders over $150 automatically get the free thank you gift!). SPECIAL NOTE: If you’re in my Online Host Program – don’t use this Host Code! Use the July Host Code!:)
- For more information about my Punkin Head Peppermint Reward points (my buyer reward program), click here.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Be sure to stop back tomorrow – we’re doing a Birthday themed Blog Hop over at Amy’s Inkin’ Krew – and I’ve got a fun card ready for you to see! We go live at 8am EDT – so a little later than you’re used to seeing me!
STAMPIN’ UP! PRODUCTS USED IN THIS PROJECT:
CARD CUTS FOR THIS PROJECT:
Smoky Slate Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base, scored and folded at 5 1/2″)
Whisper White Card Stock: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (inner liner); 3 1/4″ oval (art mat); 2 3/4″ oval (art mat)
Peekaboo Peach Card Stock: 4 1/8″ x 5 1/4″ (mats for card front and for the inner liner); 3 1/2″ scallop oval (art mat); 2 7/8″ scallop oval (art mat)
A Little Foxy DSP Stack: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (card front); envelope flap
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!