Good morning, y’all! By the time you read this post I’ll either be putting the last of my things into the Kia Soul that is my rental car (yes – that one. You can drive this – or you can drive that. The singing and dancing giant rapping hamsters) or I’ll be standing in the corner, arms crossed petulantly, lip poked out, glaring at everyone and no one. and stomping my foot whilst stating “No. I won’t go. You can’t make me. I don’t waaaaaaannnnnnaaaaa!!”.
Since I am who I am – it’ll probably be the former. But on the inside…the pouty me will still be stomping my foot!! 😉
I think I’ve mentioned I have a “business trip switch”. Once it flips, I’m good-to-go. Until then, I’m fighting it the whole way. My switch hasn’t flipped as of Saturday night. Let’s hope it gets on the stick or it’s going to be a really pissy drive to Savannah!
Duck Duck told me she was really going to miss me at lot.
Until I told her I’d chopped up an entire huge head of cabbage so she’d get it while I’m gone.
At that point she said….see ya. Wouldn’t wanna be ya!
At least, I’m pretty sure that’s what that particular squawkackel meant. 😉 Don’t bother Googling squawkackel…..
If you just came over from Amy’s blog – welcome! Yes, this is the right spot – here comes the promised card! This one uses the new Seaside Shore stamp set and the coordinating By The Shore DSP. And some fussy cutting! Take a look-see:
As usual, I didn’t come up with the layout all by my lonesome. For this one, I let the good and talented folks over at CAS(E) This Sketch give me a hand.
Then I SNAILd it to a Mint Macaron card stock mat. My waves are also from Mint Macaron – cut with the oh-so-versatile Swirly Scribbles Thinlits. I adhered the die to the card front with Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue and then trimmed the edges with my Paper Snips.
I stamped two of the Seaside Shore sea grass image in Calypso Coral onto Very Vanilla and fussy cut them both. My school of fish are an eclectic group – I stamped one each in Bermuda Bay, Island Indigo, Tempting Turquoise and Pacific Point. I used my Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Write Marker to color all their little finny things. And then I quickly fussy cut them. More Liquid Glue helped me to adhere them to the sea grass and to each other, and then onto the card front.
The final touch was to stamp a small shell image from Seaside Shore in Dapper Denim on Very Vanilla, fussy cut it, and mount it over the base of my sea grass with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
On the inside, I added another ever-so-clever sentiment – again in Dapper Denim – in the center of a Very Vanilla panel and SNAILd it to a Mint Macaron mat. I made a couple more Calypso Coral sea grass images, and used the making technique to add a fish. All I did was stamp the image onto a sticky note and cut it out – then laid it over the stamped image and stamped the fish over the top!
I SNAILd it into my Dapper Denim card base, popped the card front on with Stampin’ Dimensionals, and the card was done!
Scroll on down for the card cuts and all the goodies you need to make this for yourself!
HOST CODE FOR 1 Jul – 15 Jul 16: 9STKB9MW
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift – your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the 2015-16 Annual Catalog.
GOING ON RIGHT NOW!
For every $50 you spend* between July 7 and July 31, you’ll get a $5 Bonus Days coupon that you can use between August 2–31, 2016! This is a great opportunity for you to get items from your wish list, whether you buy them now or with your coupons in August. This is the first time Stampin’ Up! has offered this type of promotion, and it’s a deal everyone will want in on!
NOTE: Bonus Days coupon codes will be delivered via email, so an email address is required to participate in this promotion. Stampin’ Up! cannot resend emails with coupon codes, so make sure you save the email and write down the codes in a safe place so you don’t miss out on the coupons you earn.
*Participants will receive a Bonus Days coupon code via email for every $50 they spend in a single order (catalog price before shipping and tax).
- An email address is required to participate in this promotion; Bonus Days coupon codes can only be delivered to participants via email.
Stampin’ Up! strongly recommends that participants both save emails containing their Bonus Days coupon codes AND write down the coupon codes in a safe place—the codes cannot be resent if the participant loses the email, and Demonstrator Support cannot recover lost codes.
- Participants will receive a $5 Bonus Days coupon code via email for every $50 they spend in a single order (catalog price before shipping and tax). There is no limit to the number of coupons participants can receive per order or throughout the duration of the promotion. There is no limit on the number of coupons participants can use on an order during redemption.
- Bonus Days coupons codes can be used in the checkout process during the redemption period.
- All order types qualify for this promotion. Coupons can be redeemed on any order type.
- Email addresses must still be provided in order to qualify for Bonus Days coupons during the promotion period.
- Bonus Days coupon codes can be redeemed for any product, excluding Starter Kits and Paper Pumpkin subscriptions. New prepaid Paper Pumpkin codes can be redeemed.
- Promotion period: July 7–31, 2016
- Promotion Deadlines: July 31, 2016 by 11:50 PM (MT)
- Redemption period: August 2–31, 2016
- Redemption Deadlines: August 31, 2016 by 11:50 PM (MT)
Everyone who orders $50 or more (before shipping and tax) between now and 14 Jul 16 (that’s one short week from today!) – will receive Double Peppermint Reward Points!
Here’s the fine print:
- All orders of $50 or greater (before shipping and taxes) placed through my online store from now thru 14 Jul will earn double DOUBLE PEPPERMINT REWARD POINTS!!
- Don’t forget to add the Host Code below if your order is under $150 to get your free thank you gift (orders over $150 automatically get the free thank you gift!). SPECIAL NOTE: If you’re in my Online Host Program – don’t use this Host Code! Use the July Host Code!:)
- For more information about my Punkin Head Peppermint Reward points (my buyer reward program), click here.
Let me know if you have any questions.
The Double Peppermint Rewards Bonus is at the half-way point – so don’t wait too long to order and get these and your Stampin’ Up! Bonus Days coupons!
My next post will come from Savannah! I’m pretty sure you’re going to see a huge difference!
STAMPIN’ UP! PRODUCTS USED IN THIS PROJECT:
CARD CUTS FOR THIS PROJECT:
Dapper Denim Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base, scored and folded at 5 1/2″)
Mint Macaron Card Stock: 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ (mats for card front and for inner liner); Swirly Scribbles die cut
Very Vanilla Card Stock: Fish, Seagrass, Letters; 4″ x 5 1/4″ (inner liner)
By The Shore DSP: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (card front); envelope flap
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!