Happy Monday, y’all! I hope you’re all ready to go back to work! I’m thinkin’ I may take a day or two off. Maybe three. Just to make a few cards, perhaps do some organizing and cleaning up around the house. Tend my garden – which, OBTW, is growing great guns!! I need to plant some seeds and get them started. I’ll take a picture for you for tomorrow.
So, yesterday I pulled out all my retired punches and TIEFs and Framelits and Thinlits and ribbons and all the etc’s. I stuck them in a box with the retired stamps and punches I already had in there. In a few days, I’m going to post my Retired SU! products page – so, stay tuned and get some good deals, huh? 😉
Today’s card uses two new stamp sets – Swirly Bird and Thoughtful Banners – to create a quick, fun little card for any occasion. Take a look-see:
I played along with three challenges today! The first, for the layout, was the Freshly Made Sketches challenge #239:
The color palette came from Can You Case It, Color Challenge #123:
And, finally, the theme – birds – came from Just Us Girls Word Week challenge #346:
You can probably tell that I didn’t use primary colors for my card – I used Rose Red and Island Indigo instead. Just cuz.
So – I started by stamping the cute little swirly flower from Swirly Bird, in Rose Red, all over a Whisper White panel. I’d stamp once and then a second time without re-inking, so I got some variation in the color. Then I SNAILd the panel to an Island Indigo mat.
The smaller rectangular panel is from the Regals Designer Series Paper Stack, in Rose Red, matted on Island Indigo and SNAILd to the card front.
For the small art panel, I cut a scalloped-edge square with the so-cool new Layering Squares Framelits in Island Indigo. I cut the next smaller straight-side square to layer over the top.
The sentiment is from Thoughtful Banners – also new – stamped in Island Indigo. I stamped the “Oh,” from one stamp – just inking that portion up (easy, cuz it’s a photopolymer set!) and then I stamped “hello” with a second stamp. This is such a versatile sentiment set – you can mix and match the word stamps to make all sorts of sentiment phrases! 🙂
The Swirly Bird is stamped in Rose Red – then I added some Soft Suede bird-legs, with the bird-leg stamp! Using two of the larger leafy-stem images – I stamped them end-to-end in Basic Black Archival Ink – like a branch. At that point, I SNAILd the art panel onto the scalloped mat I’d cut earlier.
I stamped the swirly flower – twice in Island Indigo and once in Rose Red – on a piece of scrap Whisper White card stock – then cut them with the matching die in the Swirly Scribbles Framelits. I set them on my squishy mouse pad and gently pushed the end of a pen down in their centers to curl them a little and make them more flower-dy looking.
I popped the square onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals and added the three flowers with Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue. Then I added a Pearl Basic Jewel to the center of each of the flowers and the card front was done.
For the inside panel, I stamped more Rose Red Swirly Bird flowers across the bottom of a Whisper White Panel and SNAILd it to an Island Indigo mat. Then I SNAILd it into a Whisper White card base.
I popped the card front on with Stampin’ Dimensionals and the card was done!
For the Medium Whisper White envelope, I added a few more Rose Red flowers…
…and I gave it a custom envelope flap with a piece of Regals DSP – this time using Island Indigo to get just a touch more blue into the whole ensemble.
Et Voila! Red, White and Blue Bird….good for any occasion, don’t you think?? 🙂 Hope you like!
Scroll on down for the card cuts and all the goodies you need to make this for yourself! 🙂
ONLY A COUPLE OF DAYS LEFT!
Everyone who orders $50 or more (before shipping and tax) between right this very second and the 8th of June (that’s one short week from today!) – will receive Double Peppermint Reward Points!
Here’s the fine print:
- All orders of $50 or greater (before shipping and taxes) placed through my online store from now thru 8 Jun will earn double DOUBLE PEPPERMINT REWARD POINTS!!
- Don’t forget to add the Host Code below if your order is under $150 to get your free thank you gift (orders over $150 automatically get the free thank you gift!). SPECIAL NOTE: If you’re in my Online Host Program – don’t use this Host Code! Use the June Host Code you received from me this morning! 🙂
- For more information about my Punkin Head Peppermint Reward points (my buyer reward program), click here.
Let me know if you have any questions.
HOST CODE FOR 1 Jun – 15 Jun 16: PPFNSC7V
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift – your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the 2015-16 Annual Catalog or the 2015 Occasions Catalog.
June is a GREAT Time to Join Stampin’ Up!
Join in June and receive TWO FREE STAMP SETS (from the brand new catalog!) of your choice (no bundles or kits, sorry!), over and above the items you selection in your Starter Kit! That makes this a really great time to join!
Click the picture and get all the info!
Here are the details for the extra Stampin’ Rewards:
- Hosts who have qualifying events with $350 or more in sales during the promotion period will receive $35 in Extra Stampin’ Rewards for the order.
- Hosts may participate in this promotion multiple times by hosting multiple events, but each event must qualify on its own.
- Customer, workshop, and online orders all qualify for this promotion. So you don’t have to host a party to get this great reward, just place a $350 or greater order or get a group of your friends who want to order online together and I’ll provide a host code for you to use!
- Qualifying orders must qualify with merchandise prior to shipping and tax.
- Extra Stampin’ Rewards earned through this promotion can be redeemed in the “Stampin’ Rewards” section of the ordering process.
- Promotion Period: June 1-30, 2016
- DEADLINE FOR ONLINE ORDERS: Thursday, June 30, 2016 by 11:50 PM (MT).
And even better…Remember that Stampin’ Rewards can also be used on Starter Kits. So if your wish list is as long as mine is, why not join and get the discount for yourself?
If you have any questions about joining, feel free to stop by my Join My Team page on my blog or drop me an email at
ALSO IN JUNE!!
For the entire month of June, Stampin’ Up! is offering extra Stampin’ Rewards for hosts whose orders or workshops are $350 or greater! That’s over and above your usual rewards. So…that’s even more free money to spend to fulfill your Wish List! Or – you can even use your Stampin’ Rewards towards your Starter Kit!!
Check it out!
That makes this a really great time to join!
- Promotion Period: June 1–30, 2016
- New recruits who join during the promotion period may choose two stamp sets from the new annual catalog to be included in the Starter Kit for free.
- Bundles and kits cannot be selected as free stamp sets for this promotion.
- Promotion Deadlines: New recruits must be submitted online or by fax by the times below in order to receive free stamps.
- FAX: Thursday, June 30, 2016 by 6:50 PM (MT).
- ONLINE IDA: Thursday, June 30, 2016 by 11:50 PM (MT
You can see a few more details about becoming a demonstrator and what I offer to my team members on my Join My Team page. All types of demonstrators are welcome!
We’d love to have you on our team!!
These two stamp sets both come as a bundle – the Swirly Bird stamp set bundles with Swirly Scribbles Thinlits. The Thoughtful Banners stamp set bundles with the cool Duet Banner Punch. Get them both and save 10% while you’re at it! And – it you bought both bundles right now thru my online store – you’d earn DOUBLE Peppermint Rewards Points – that would be six total! That’s only good until Wednesday night, though, so…. 😉
I’ll see you tomorrow!
STAMPIN’ UP! PRODUCTS USED IN THIS PROJECT:
CARD CUTS FOR THIS PROJECT:
Whisper White Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base; scored and folded at 5 1/2″); 4″ x 5 1/4″ (card front and inner liner); 2 1/8″ square (art square)
Island Indigo Card Stock: 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ (mats for card front and for inner liner); 2 1/2″ x 4″ (mat for DSP panel); 2 1/4″ scalloped square (mat for art square)
Regals DSP Stack (in Rose Red): 2 3/8″ x 3 7/8″ (DSP panel on front)
Regals DSP Stack (in Island Indigo): envelope flap cover
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!