11 June 16 UPDATE! I just found out that this card was selected by the Design Team over at The Paper Players as A Cut Above. Check it – and all the winners! – out right here! 🙂
Good morning, y’all! How’s your week going? I got some more veggies planted – before the rain came in! And – I named the goose.
Oh – might not have mentioned the goose? Apparently, we’ve been adopted and granted the privilege of being the new home for a domestic goose. He (she?) just showed up last Friday. Might have come from the flock next door. No clue. He’s kinda pretty. And he looks real nice tooling around the pond.
Did you know they swim with their little web legs out behind them? I always figured – you know, all those times I considered how geese might swim – that they would have their legs under them. But they don’t! His little orange legs just stick right out behind him! It’s kind of cool.
So – since he seems to be planning to stick around for a minute – he sort of likes the scoop of cracked corn he gets every evening (yes, we’re suckers/saps/soft-touches/marshamallows)….I figured I’d name him.
As in Duck Duck….Goose!
Anywho – Duck Duck helped inspire me for today’s card. I pulled out the Wetlands stamp set – which features a goose – and added a little swath from the Over the Rainbow set. Since it’s a Father’s Day card – I grabbed a sentiment from Guy Greetings. Just made sense. Take a look-see:
I decided to make a Father’s Day card cuz of the sketch challenge over at The Paper Players. Challenge #298:
Well, the challenge and the fact that Father’s Day is less than 2 weeks away! 🙂
I started by stamping the goose from Wetlands twice in Basic Black Archival Ink – the first time was on my Very Vanilla card stock panel and the second stamp was on a sticky note. That one I fussy cut to make a mask – just the head and neck and body. No legs or grass – so it was a quick and easy cut.
I stuck the sticky note mask over the goose on the card stock panel. Using the swath image from Over the Rainbow, I stamped the background. For each one, I stamped it off once first before stamping the panel. From the top down – Dapper Denim, Tempting Turquoise, Crushed Curry, So Saffron, Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive. Since it’s a photopolymer stamp it was easy to line up without even using my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig.
Before I took the mask up, I stamped the grasses image from Wetlands in Basic Black Archival Ink.
I pulled off the mask and added a little color to the goose with my Stampin’ Write Markers – some Sahara Sand, Smoky Slate and Crumb Cake.
I stamped the sentiment from Guy Greetings in Dapper Denim – for that one I did use the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig. Then I SNAILd the card front to a Dapper Denim mat.
I wrapped Linen Thread around the card front about 4 times – securing it in the back with scotch tape. Then I added a “man bow”. LOL. That’s just a little length of the Linen Thread tied in a quick knot. And then I cut the ends to an appropriately manly length!
The inside is a Very Vanilla panel to which I’ve added one of the Wetlands grasses images in Basic Black Archival Ink. Then I SNAILd it to a Dapper Denim panel and into my Very Vanilla card base.
I popped the card front on with Stampin’ Dimensionals and the card was done.
The Very Vanilla Medium Envelope got another Wetlands grass….
…and then added a custom flap cover on the back with a piece of Sahara Sand paper from the Neutrals DSP Stack.
Et Voila! A colorful – but suitably manly! – card for Father’s Day. I hope that you like it.
Scroll on down for the card cuts and all the goodies you need to make this for yourself! 🙂
Stampin’ Trimmer Cutting Blades: Limited Availability Starting Tomorrow at 8am (MT)
- We received a shipment of Stampin’ Trimmer Cutting Blades (item 126995) and they will be available to order (limit of three) beginning Wednesday, June 8, at 8:00 AM (MT).
- Keep in mind that when this supply of blades is depleted, they’ll return to “not orderable” status until we receive the next shipment.
- We expect that the blades will run out quickly since they haven’t been consistently orderable for several weeks.
- We are continuing to work with our supplier to resolve the issues and difficulties we’ve been experiencing. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
Today and Tomorrow are the Last Days!!
Everyone who orders $50 or more (before shipping and tax) thru the 8th of June (that’s tomorrow!) – will receive Double Peppermint Reward Points!
Here’s the fine print:
- All orders of $50 or greater (before shipping and taxes) placed through my online store thru 8 Jun will earn double DOUBLE PEPPERMINT REWARD POINTS!!
- Don’t forget to add the Host Code below if your order is under $150 to get your free thank you gift (orders over $150 automatically get the free thank you gift!). SPECIAL NOTE: If you’re in my Online Host Program – don’t use this Host Code! Use the June Host Code you received from me this morning! 🙂
- For more information about my Punkin Head Peppermint Reward points (my buyer reward program), click here.
Let me know if you have any questions.
HOST CODE FOR 1 Jun – 15 Jun 16: PPFNSC7V
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift – your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the 2015-16 Annual Catalog or the 2015 Occasions Catalog.
June is a GREAT Time to Join Stampin’ Up!
Join in June and receive TWO FREE STAMP SETS (from the brand new catalog!) of your choice (no bundles or kits, sorry!), over and above the items you selection in your Starter Kit! That makes this a really great time to join!
Click the picture and get all the info!
Here are the details for the extra Stampin’ Rewards:
- Hosts who have qualifying events with $350 or more in sales during the promotion period will receive $35 in Extra Stampin’ Rewards for the order.
- Hosts may participate in this promotion multiple times by hosting multiple events, but each event must qualify on its own.
- Customer, workshop, and online orders all qualify for this promotion. So you don’t have to host a party to get this great reward, just place a $350 or greater order or get a group of your friends who want to order online together and I’ll provide a host code for you to use!
- Qualifying orders must qualify with merchandise prior to shipping and tax.
- Extra Stampin’ Rewards earned through this promotion can be redeemed in the “Stampin’ Rewards” section of the ordering process.
- Promotion Period: June 1-30, 2016
- DEADLINE FOR ONLINE ORDERS: Thursday, June 30, 2016 by 11:50 PM (MT).
And even better…Remember that Stampin’ Rewards can also be used on Starter Kits. So if your wish list is as long as mine is, why not join and get the discount for yourself?
If you have any questions about joining, feel free to stop by my Join My Team page on my blog or drop me an email at
ALSO IN JUNE!!
For the entire month of June, Stampin’ Up! is offering extra Stampin’ Rewards for hosts whose orders or workshops are $350 or greater! That’s over and above your usual rewards. So…that’s even more free money to spend to fulfill your Wish List! Or – you can even use your Stampin’ Rewards towards your Starter Kit!!
Check it out!
That makes this a really great time to join!
- Promotion Period: June 1–30, 2016
- New recruits who join during the promotion period may choose two stamp sets from the new annual catalog to be included in the Starter Kit for free.
- Bundles and kits cannot be selected as free stamp sets for this promotion.
- Promotion Deadlines: New recruits must be submitted online or by fax by the times below in order to receive free stamps.
- FAX: Thursday, June 30, 2016 by 6:50 PM (MT).
- ONLINE IDA: Thursday, June 30, 2016 by 11:50 PM (MT
You can see a few more details about becoming a demonstrator and what I offer to my team members on my Join My Team page. All types of demonstrators are welcome!
We’d love to have you on our team!!
PAPER PUMPKIN FLASH SALE STARTS THURSDAY!
Stampin’ Up! is offering a cool one-day-only sale on Paper Pumpkin this Thursday! For new subscribers only, folks who sign up for a subscription will get their first kit for only $5!! Yikes! And – as always, shipping Paper Pumpkin kits is free!
- This offer is open to first-time subscribers only. Discount applies to one kit for June 2016. After the first month, the price for the subscription will return to $19.95 each month.
- Offer starts on Thursday, June 9 at 5:00 PM (MT) and ends Friday, June 10 at 11:50 PM (MT).
- Available for month-to-month subscriptions only, not prepaid subscriptions.
- Shipping is Free for Paper Pumpkin kits
So – watch for a few more updates between now and Thursday’s start time and get ready to subscribe! 🙂
I’ll see you tomorrow!
STAMPIN’ UP! PRODUCTS USED IN THIS PROJECT:
CARD CUTS FOR THIS PROJECT:
Very Vanilla Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base; scored and folded at 5 1/2″); 4″ x 5 1/4″ (card front and inner liner)
Dapper Denim Card Stock: 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ (mats for card front and for inner liner)
Neutrals DSP Stack (in Sahara Sand): envelope flap cover
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Shop the Clearance Rack here. Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Punkin Head Peppermint Rewards – My online customer thank you program!
Awesome CAS card Mary! Love the rainbow of colors around your focal image…and love that you’ve adopted a goose! Can’t wait to hear more critter stories. 🙂