Good Saturday morning – hope your weekend is starting out well! I think (hope!) that I’ll still be asleep when you read this – keep your fingers crossed. We just got done with the first week of nights – yuk! One more week and then home on Sunday!! 🙂
Today’s share is another Occasions sneak peek. This time, I’m using the coming-to-an-Occasions-Catalog-near-you stamp set called Party Wishes! And the coordinating It’s My Party DSP. Oh, and a sentiment from Watercolor Wishes! Take a look-see:
The design layout comes from this week’s Mojo Monday sketch #427! Be sure to head over and check out all the fun projects that other folks have come up with – and maybe play along yourself!
One of the guys here at work has been nominated for a pretty big award – and we’ll find out next week if he won. In anticipation of a win (positive thinking and all that), we’ve gotten a cake (okay – two. They’re small and there’s a bunch of us!) and I wanted to make a congratulations card. On top of that, I particularly love one of the sentiments in the Party Wishes (available 5 Jan) stamp set. It’s just too “right”!
To get started on the design elements, I did some acrylic block stamping. Now, this was the first time I’d tried it – and I think it came out okay. I inked up one of my acrylic blocks with Crushed Curry ink, and stamped it directly onto my Whisper White card front panel. I did put a squishy mat under the card stock, to give the block a little yield and get good coverage.
Then I started making all my party decorations. I stamped a bunch of Mint Macaron and Melon Mambo balloons and cupcakes. I had to use my Stampin’ Write Markers to ink up the stamps since I left these ink pads at home. I also stamped one cake image in Mint Macaron. The cupcakes and the balloons match the Party Punch Pack (coming in January), so I used the corresponding punch to pop them all out. A cool thing – Stampin’ Up! made these stamped images a little bigger than the punches – so when you punch them out, there’s no white edge around the image. Love!
I “decorated” the cake with my Melon Mambo and Mint Macaron Stampin’ Write Markers. Then I fussy cut it out – and popped it on its square with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I stamped some ballon strings on the bottom squares, and then got the last elements of the card ready. I cut a piece of the It’s My Party DSP and layered it onto a panel of Basic Black, then I SNAILd it to the card front. The sentiment is stamped in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink on a 1 7/8″ circle cut with my Circles Collection Framelits. Then I free-handed a bunch of doodles to match the DSP – in Crushed Curry, Mint Macaron, Sahara Sand, and Melon Mambo – using my Stampin’ Write Markers. I popped it onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals and then added the double bow tied with the new Baker’s Twine Combo Pack (available 5 Jan – you’ll get two spools of twine, one each of Mint Macaron/Black and Melon Mambo/Black!) with a couple of Glue Dots.
I finished up the front of the card by popping the cupcakes and balloons on with Stampin’ Dimensionals and SNAILd it to a Basic Black mat.
For the inside, I layered a piece of Whisper White onto a Basic Black mat with SNAIL, and then added Mint Macaron and Melon Mambo balloons. For the sentiment, I went to the ever-wonderful Watercolor Wishes stamp set, and added it in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.
I popped the card front on the Mint Macaron card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals, and that was it!
The Whisper White Medium Envelope got more balloons on the front….
…and then a liner from more of the It’s My Party DSP, using the Envelope Liner Framelits.
Et Voila! A festive card – suitable to congratulate a job-well-done, or the winning of a big award! Y’all think good thoughts on that, okay?! But hey, you know it would be so easy to make this into a birthday card, too. Just change the sentiment on the inside to Happy Birthday (and that’s in the Party Wishes stamp set, too!). You could add candles to the cupcakes – and there’s a stamp for that (and a candle punch in the Party Pack punch set!). So, the It’s My Party suite is a very versatile and fun grouping of products – watch for it in January!
Take a few minutes to do a little shopping in the Year-End Clearance Sale. You can go here to start your goody gandering!
See you tomorrow!
15 Dec – 31 Dec Hostess Code: 9HJWPKPH. Use this hostess code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards/Hostess $$ if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift for Dec is your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the brand new 2015-16 Annual Catalog or the 2015 Holiday Catalog.
WEEKLY DEALS FOR 8 Dec – 14 Dec 15!! Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through 14 Dec!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
STAMPS-N-LINGERS 2016 OCCASIONS CATALOG SHARES
1. New Designer Series Paper Share – $17.00 plus $5 for Priority Mail shipping.
In all, you’ll receive 80 6” x 6” sheets of designer papers!
- It’s My Party DSP – 24 sheets – two of each design
- Birthday Bouquet DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
- Love Blossoms DSP – 12 Sheets – one of each design
- Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper – 1 sheet
- Botanical Gardens DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
- Shine on Specialty DSP – 6 sheets – one of each design
- Have a Cuppa DSP – 12 sheets – one of each design
- Going Places DSP – 12 sheets – one of each design
- Red Foil Sheets – 1 sheet
2. New Ribbon and Embellishment Share – $15 plus $3.50 for 1st Class Mail shipping for a full Ribbon & Embellishment share.
In all you’ll receive 16 yards of new ribbon and 46 new embellishments!
- Basic Black/Melon Mambo Baker’s Twine – 5 yds
- Basic Black/Mint Macaron – 5 yds
- Pool Party 3/8” Glitter Ribbon – 2 yds
- Watermelon Wonder 1″ Stitched Satin Ribbon – 2 yds
- Bermuda Bay 1/8″ Stitched Ribbon – 2 yds
- It’s My Party Enamel Dots – 12 (2 each of 3 colors in 2 sizes)
- Honeycomb Embellishments – 1 each of 3 colors
- Bow Paper Clip Embellishments – 4 pieces
- Botanical Gardens Jewels – 4 pieces
- Iced Rhinestone Embellishments – 8 (4 of each of 2 sizes)
- Have a Cuppa Embellishments – 3 pieces (1 of each design)
- Polka Dot Cones Cellophane Bags – 2 bags
3. Want it all? $35 – and you’ll get shares of all of the new Designer Series Papers, ribbons and embellishments. Plus I’ll ship it for free!
And if you’d like double shares of either the designer paper or ribbon, that works, too. I’ll cut the paper sheets into 6×12 so that you’ll be able to get 3 full A2 size card fronts from each sheet (except for the Love Blossoms, DSP Stack, Have a Cuppa DSP Stack and Going Places DSP Stack, you’ll get double sheets of those since they’re already precut at 6″x6″!).
- See pictures of the Papers, Ribbons and Embellishments on my 2016 Occasions Catalog Shares page!
- Deadline to sign up for the shares is 3 Jan 16 at 5pm MST
- I’ll submit the order on 5 Jan 16 when the Catalog goes Live
- You’ll receive a PayPal Invoice one week prior (so, around 29 Dec), unless you sign up after that date, at which time you’ll get an invoice right away. I’ll need payment before I submit the share, please! 🙂
- Anyone is welcome to join in my share (please note, I can only ship to addresses within the US).
- To get signed up for your piece of the fun, head over to the 2016 Occasions Catalog Shares page!
YEAR END SALE GOING ON NOW!
Stampin’ Up! has placed more products on clearance and the discounts are up to 60 percent, so you’ll will want to take advantage of these amazing deals!
During the Year-End Sale, you can find ALL discounted products in one location in the online store: under the Year-End Sale category. So don’t fret if you don’t see the category “Clearance Rack” on the online store right now–it has been integrated into the Year-End Sale. See the savings now!
- Promotion Dates: December 10, 2015-January 4, 2016.
- No minimum purchase required.
- No refunds or exchanges on Year-End Sale items.
- Items offered during the Year-End Sale are while supplies last.
- You can add non-Year-End-Sale items to any online order!
- Year-End Sale orders are eligible for Stampin’ Rewards with qualifying orders.
- Following the Year-End Sale, some remaining items may stay in the Clearance Rack. Other items may be removed from the Clearance Rack to be added at another undetermined time.
- Place your orders online thru my online store!
- Deadline for ordering is January 4, 2016; 11:50 PM (MT)
- Dates: 16 Nov 15 – 4 Jan 16 (or while supplies last)
- Holiday Catalog Retiring List: The list is available here. It’s going to be updated every business day, so I’ll be checking and updating this link with every post.
- Remaining inventory for retiring products may appear later on the Clearance Rack. Here’s a link to the Clearance Rack – be sure to check often to see if your favorite hits the rack!
- Due to high demand for retiring stamps, Stampin’ Up! plans to keep producing retiring stamps until December 28. This is only applicable to stamps. Accessories are only available until they run out!
STAMPIN’ UP PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT (The first five products shown will be available on 5 January!)
CARD CUTS USED IN TODAY’S PROJECT
Mint Macaron Card Stock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base, scored and folded at 5 1/2″)
Basic Black Card Stock: 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ (card front mat and inner liner mat); 1 1/4″ x 4 1/8″ (strip mat for It’s My Party DSP)
Whisper White Card Stock: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (card front and inner liner); 1 7/8″ circle (sentiment)
It’s My Party DSP: 1 1/8″ x 4 1/8″ (front strip); envelope liner
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
BACKORDER LIST AS OF 10 Dec 15
138401: Gold Metallic Thread (276 backordered; 2,560 expected)
139618: Gold Cording Trim (4,461 backordered; 5,248 expected)
139620: Silver Cording Trim (2,784 backordered; 3,520 expected)