Good morning and happy Friday! Hoping that your week went well – and that you’re ready for a weekend.
I’ve got a fun fun-fold for you today and, if you were able to join me for my YouTube live yesterday, I appreciate you spending part of your day with me! If not, here’s the replay!
Note – my internet did me wrong yesterday (thank you, XFinity) and this ended up being a two-parter. So – when you hit the end of Part 1 – here’s the link to Part 2! 🙂
I am loving the Snailed It Suite – with the bundled Snail Dies and fun Snail Mail DSP – WAAAAY more than I thought I would when I first saw it in the catalog – it’s just so stinkin’ cute! And I love a good fun-fold, so…I saw Lisa Curcio’s pop-up card and used her mechanism to create my own using this fun suite. Take a look-see:
The layout for the front of this card was inspired by this week’s Sunday Stamps challenge.
I started by adhering a piece of Snail Mail DSP to a Bermuda Bay mat for the card front. Then I used the largest rectangle in the Stitched So Sweetly dies to cut a second design, which I adhered to the card front with Liquid Glue.
On a piece of Basic White, using my Stamparatus, I stamped the cool mushroom (or…are they toadstools?!?) image from Snailed It in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Then I cut it with the die from the bundled Snail Die set.
I colored the image with my Light Bermuda Bay and Real Red Stampin’ Write Markers, and both of the Daffodil Delight Markers. Then I popped it onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
For the sentiment, I stamped the word bubble image from Snailed It in Real Red on Basic White – then added the sentiment in Bermuda Bay. I cut it with the matching die in the Snail Dies and popped it onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
On the inside, I used Tear-and-Tape Adhesive to create the 3/4″ x 3/4″ box mechanism that makes the Pop-up part of the pop-up card work! It started with a 3 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ piece of Real Red, scored at 3/4″, 1 1/2″, 2 1/4″ and 3″ along the shorter side. Then it’s adhered into the box with the Tear-and-Tape.
I also used Tear-and-Tape to secure it inside the card (this is all in Part 1 of the video!). Then I used Liquid Glue to adhere a strip of the Snail Mail DSP to the front of the box.
I adhered a Bermuda Bay-matted piece of Snail Mail DSP to the top of the card inside, then added a fussy cut snail from the DSP.
I used a die in the Snail Dies to cut the little pink snail – and fussy cut some shrooms – then adhered them all to the front of the box-mechanism. I created – if you will – a snail-o-rama…. 😉
I repeated the mushroom image from the front of the card on a Basic White panel, matted it on Bermuda Bay and then into the card. The card front is also adhered with Liquid Glue. Some white and red Resin Hearts finished it all off!
My Basic White Medium Envelope got the Snailed It mushrooms on the front…
…and more of the Snail Mail DSP on the envelope flap.
Et Voila! It’s pretty hard to NOT be loving this Snailed It bundle – with the Snail Dies letting you cut the images straight from the Snail Mail DSP!! And they’re all just so danged cute!
And – on a fun-fold?! Yes, please! I hope you like!
If you’d like to recreate these cards, all the products and card cuts are listed below!
HOST CODE FOR 16 JAN – 31 JAN: 9N4CPU92
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift (AND the Monthly Card Tutorial) from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in any active Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Customer Rewards page for full details. You’ll also be getting a link to my ZOOM The Craftroom (an exclusive TWICE-A-WEEK online event for my customers) and the monthly Online Tutorial. The January Tutorial features the Sweet Strawberry Bundle!
Sale-A-Bration is The Best Time of Year at Stampin’ Up!
During Sale-A-Bration – 5 Jan – 28 Feb! – you can earn FREE products. For every $50 or $100 (before shipping and tax) that you spend, you can choose between two purchasing levels of free products! There are 7 free products available to pick from at the $50 level and 2 free products to pick from at the $100 level!
It’s also a good time to HOST – because, when you host a workshop (OR place an individual order) and the total sales hits $300 (before shipping and tax) – then you will automatically earn the awesome Punch Party stamp set! This is an exclusive set from Sale-A-Bration and…trust me – you WANT this stamp set!
You can see more details and find the list of punches that it coordinates with on page 17 in the Sale-a-bration Brochure! 🙂
And you can “host” a “workshop” with a group of friends and family. Even while socially distanced! Yup – it’s true! I’ll make you your own special host code – you give it to your friends and family and when they place an order using it – YOU get the rewards!!
Cuz…not only do you get the amazing Starter Kits – you’ll ALSO get…200 FREE SHEETS OF GORGEOUS DESIGNER SERIES PAPER!!
What’s in your Kit?
- $125 in Stampin’ Up! merchandise of your choice from the current Annual Catalog, 2021 Mini Catalog or the online store (includes clearance rack items!).
- 5 free packs of 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper (200 sheets in total!!) from the upcoming 2021-2022 Annual Catalog. The packs are: Brights, Regals, Neutrals, Subtles & 2020-2022 In Colors…that’s $57.50 in free designer paper with your kit!!
- 8 Annual Catalogs, 8 Mini Catalogs and 8 Sale-a-bration Brochures and a few additional business supplies.
What are the Perks and bennies of being a Demonstrator?
- At least a 20% discount on everything that you order as a Demonstrator!
- Early peeks at new release items and preorders for new items for about a month before they are available to purchase!
- The ability to attend Demonstrator exclusive Stampin’ Up! events!
- No pressure to sell to anyone, hold classes or workshops or run a business. You can simply order for yourself and get the discount! And as long as you have at least $300 in sales per quarter, you’ll continue as an active Demonstrator and continue to get the discount. If you aren’t able to maintain the $300 per quarter minimums, you simply go back to being a customer, no commitment required and no penalty if decide that being a Demonstrator isn’t right for you.
- And – join now and you’ll be an “active” demonstrator – without selling or buying another thing at all! – thru the end of June – which will also get you in on the pre-order for the new 2021-2022 Annual Catalog! Whoo-hoo!
And…what are the perks of joining with me?
- You’ll be a part of my Critters-N-Creatin’ Krew team!
- Monthly team meetings via video conference where we talk about the latest happenings at Stampin’ Up! and share project ideas. We’re scattered all over the United States, but we get together in person online and have lots of fun chatting!
- Access to my ZOOM The Craftroom virtual stamping get-togethers each week!
- Free access to my online class tutorials.
- A private Facebook page where we can chat, ask questions and share ideas.
- Team giveaways and prizes! We do fun giveaways and prizes for sharing projects and for reaching sales and recruiting goals.
- Monthly team trainings and meetings for those interested in learning more about the business side of Stampin’ Up!.
- Whether you’d like to start a business or would simply like the great discount, I’m here to support you in any way I can!
There are lots of great reasons to join Stampin’ Up! now and I’d love to have you on my Critters-N-Creatin’ Krew team!
If you’ve got any questions or would like to chat or need the current catalogs – let me know! You can reach me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to purchase your Starter Kit and Get Started!
Coming in February!!
Hey Chick and Birthday Chick Bundles
If you were around for Sale-A-Bration 2017, you might remember the super cute Hey, Chick stamp set that you could get as one of your Sale-A-Bration freebies! Heck – it may still be on your shelf!! Well – it was SO popular (and rightly so – it’s stinkin’ adorable!) that Stampin’ Up! is bringing it back – and it’s got some friends this time around. Like…DIES!
Yes – you heard right….dies!! Chick Dies, to be exact!
So – if you don’t have Hey Chick already – you’ll be able to buy it in a cost-saving bundle. If you DID save the stamp set – then the coordinating Chick Dies will be available separately! And yes – that IS a chicken coop die you see! And corn. There’s CORN!
HEY CHICK BUNDLE 158627 $44
Includes the Hey Chick Stamp Set and Chick Dies. Available 2 Feb – 30 Jun.
HEY CHICK STAMP SET 158190 $17
Originally offered during 2017 Sale-A-Bration. Available 2 Feb – 30 Jun.
CHICK DIES 158199 $32
19 dies. Available 2 Feb – 30 Jun.
And – there’s more!! There’s also the Birthday Chick Bundle!
These are brand spankin’ new!!
HEY BIRTHDAY CHICK BUNDLE 158631 $42
Includes the Hey Birthday Chick Stamp Set and Birthday Chick Dies. Available 2 Feb – 30 Jun.
HEY BIRTHDAY CHICK STAMP SET 154464 $21
Available RIGHT NOW!! As seen in the January–June 2021 Mini Catalog. Want it today? Get it right here!
BIRTHDAY CHICK DIES 158200 $27
11 dies. Available 2 Feb – 30 Jun 2021
So…get ready to get yer Chick On!
2 Feb is right around the corner!
Get the Stampin’ Up! Products Used in This Project:
Card Cuts Used in This Project:
Real Red Cardstock: 4 1/4″ x 11″ (card base, scored and folded at 5 1/4″): 3 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ (box pop-up mechanism – scored and folded at 3/4″, 1 1/2″, 2 1/4 and 3″)
Bermuda Bay Cardstock: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (mat for card front); 4″ x 4 1/2″ (mats for inner liners)
Basic White Cardstock: Snail Die cut square (art); Snail Die cut bubble (sentiment); 3 7/8″ x 4 3/8″ (inner liner)
Hydrangea Hill DSP: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (card front); Largest Stitched So Sweetly rectangle die (on card front); 3 7/8″ x 4 3/8″ (on inside of card base); 5/8″ x 3 7/8″ (strip on front of box mechanism); fussy cut and die cut mushrooms and snails; envelope flap
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!