Happy Happy Hawwwmp Day, y’all! In addition to being Hawwmp Day – it is ALSO National Do a Grouch a Favor Day.
Yes. That’s a thing.
So…maybe we should all think of someone who is always a little grumpy – and send them a card! What do you think? Know anyone who could use a smile today? Let’s turn those grumpy frowns upside down!
And…maybe THIS card would be perfect! The On the Horizon stamp set – with the bundled Horizon Dies – combined with the gorgeous New Horizons DSP – creates a wonderful – suitable for a guy or a gal – card. Take a look-see:
The layout for this one was inspired by the sketch over at the TGIF Challenge.
I started by matting a piece of New Horizons DSP on an Evening Evergreen panel for the card front.
I used the grasses image from On the Horizon to stamp three times in Evening Evergreen on the bottom left side of the card front.
Using the detailed and solid mountain dies in the Horizon Die set, I cut one of each from Soft Succulent and Evening Evergreen cardstock. I used Liquid Glue to adhere the Evening Evergreen detailed die cut to the Soft Succulent solid die cut and then vice-versa for the second set.
Using Liquid Glue – I adhered both layered mountains to the card front.
I stamped the birds image – twice – in Evening Evergreen up in the sky.
I wrapped a length of Linen Thread twice around the card front, securing it in back with Glue Dots.
For the sentiment, I stamped the planks image from the On the Horizon set in Crumb Cake on Crumb Cake cardstock. Then I stamped the sentiment in Evening Evergreen (towards the right side of the image) and cut it with the matching plank die from the Horizon set.
I popped the sentiment onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I used the trees Horizon Die to cut a Soft Succulent and an Evening Evergreen line of trees. Then I first adhered the Soft Succulent die cut with a piece of Stampin’ Dimensional and a little Liquid Glue and added the Evening Evergreen die cut over top with pieces of Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I tied a double-loop Linen Thread bow…
- Wrap the Linen Thread around four fingers four times.
- Without cutting the thread, wrap around two fingers four times
- Pull the loops off and squeeze the loops together.
- Twist the loops one time around to create a “figure 8”.
- Tie a second short length of Thread around the loops in the middle.
- Spread the loops out to create a bow.
…and adhered it with a Glue Dot and the card front was done.
For the inside, I stamped the On the Horizon plank image in stamped-off-once Crumb Cake ink on a Basic White panel. Over the top, I stamped the grasses and the birds in Evening Evergreen.
I used Liquid Glue to adhere the panel to an Evening Evergreen mat and then into my Soft Succulent card base, popped the card front on with Stampin’ Dimensionals and the card was done.
My Basic White Medium Envelope got the On the Horizons plank, grass and birds images on the front…
…and more of the New Horizons DSP on the envelope flap (this is actually the rest of the panel that I cut for the card front!).
Et Voila! I love the New Horizons DSP SO much – the gorgeous scenes and beautiful images are truly stunning! Add the die cuts, stamped images and sentiments from the On the Horizons stamp set and bundled Horizon Dies – and…you’ll be making wunnermus projects for a long time!
I hope you like!
If you’d like to recreate this card, all the products and card cuts are listed below!
Missed any tutorials? You can check out my past projects right here!
Connect with me! https://campsite.bio/stampsnlingers
HOST CODE FOR 16 FEB – 28 FEB: 6NB7G7BN
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift (AND the Monthly Card Tutorial) from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in any active Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Customer Rewards page for full details.
Note: Make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards!
You’ll also be getting a link to my ZOOM The Craftroom (an exclusive TWICE-A-WEEK online event for my customers) and the monthly Online Tutorial. The February Tutorial features the Paradise Palms Bundle!
NEW “ALL TOGETHER COLLECTION” IS AVAILABLE FOR ORDERING!!
The All Together Collection includes early-release products from the 2022–2023 Annual Catalog—an exciting new range of natural Stampin’ Blends—and exclusive products you can’t get anywhere else!
Come together to create projects inspired by you!
Here’s the deets!
The All Together Collection is available 1 FEBRUARY–2 MAY 2022 (at 11:50 PM MT)
- Qualifying orders are eligible for Stampin’ Rewards. (NOTE: the All Together Collection can’t be selected as a Half-Price Item – sorry!)
- All Together items can be added to a starter kit.
- With the exception of the amazing new Stampin’ Blends – All items in the All Together Collection are available while supplies last and only thru 2 May at 11:50 (MT)
- The new Stampin’ Blends WILL BE OFFERED (WHOO-HOO!!) in the upcoming 2022–2023 Annual Catalog as individual two-packs only!
Check out this PDF Flyer for all the details and pictures of the new products!
Here’s a link to the All Together collection in my Online Store!
Give me a holler if you have any questions about this cool new collection!!
During the January – February Sale-a-bration event you’ll find amazing reasons to SHOP, HOST and (most importantly!!) JOIN! Check it out!
- There are 7 new products (4 stamp sets and 3 paper packs) that are available as free items to choose from with a Level 1 order (free with an order of $50+)
- There are 2 new items (1 stamp set and paper BUNDLE and and an amazing Sentiment set!) that are available as free choices with a Level 2 order (free with an order of $100+).
- There’s also a great new host exclusive stamp set called Calming Camelia that you can pick up for FREE with either a personal order of $300+ or a party with sales totaling $300+!
- Drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in setting up a personal host code for you and your friends to use – when you collect orders to reach the $300 retail point then you’ll get this cool sentiment-only stamp set for FREE! And that’s on TOP of the free Sale-A-Bration picks you’ll have!
JOIN – HERE’S THE BEST PART OF ALL!
- There is an AWESOME joining promotion happening! If you purchase the Starter Kit between January 4 and February 28, you’ll get to pick a TWO FREE stamp sets with your Starter Kit!! All stamp sets except for host exclusive and Sale-a-bration stamp sets are can be picked as your free sets!!
- When you purchase the Starter Kit for $99 + taxes (if applicable) before the end of Sale-a-bration, the kit ships for FREE and you get to pick $125 in Stampin’ Up! merchandise and you’ll get TWO additional FREE stamp sets with your kit! Yay!! Two free stamp sets in addition to $125 in merchandise for $99, yes please!!
If you have any questions about joining, please drop me a note at email@example.com, I’d love to chat with you!
Get the Stampin’ Up! Products Used in this Project:
Card Cuts Used in This Project:
Soft Succulent Cardstock: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ (card base, scored and folded at 4 1/4″); Horizon die cut mountains and trees
Evening Evergreen Cardstock: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (x2 – mats for card front and for inner liner); Horizon die cut mountains and trees
Crumb Cake Cardstock: Horizon die cut planks (sentiment)
Basic White Cardstock: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (inner liner)
New Horizons DSP: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (card front); 3″ x 6″ (envelope flap)
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Finn Fan Fix
Finn can smell an opening tuna can from…well, pretty much anywhere in the house.
He and Katy used to “share” – she got to drink the juice and then he batted clean-up.
Now? No pesky little sister to wait on.
He’s not nearly as delicate as she was – and he is WAAAY more thorough!
And – if you play your cards right – and re-direct him BEFORE he totes the fully-clean can into the living room – he’ll even bus his own table!
And being the social-media pro that he is…he’ll wait for the photo-op.