Good morning and happy Monday, y’all! Hope you had a great and wonderful weekend!
So – I’ve got a couple of things on the agenda today – first off, I want to give you a little peek at the April 2020 Paper Pumpkin kit – called My Wonderful Family.
I decided this month that, instead of tearing open the packaging and making the kit myself, I’d….save it and give it away!
I assume y’all would be okay with that? 😉
I gotta tell you – when I watched the Paper Pumpkin official “reveal” video…(if you’re viewing this post via email, click here to go to my blog to view the video
…I ALMOST changed my mind! I mean- it’s got FUN FOLDS!!! And trees and leaves and birds and such!
But…I stuck to my guns.
Here’s a little look at what you’ll get if you win the blog candy – or HAVE gotten if you’re already a subscriber!
It’s got a cute little stamp set and a Pear Pizzazz ink spot…
And all the goodies you need…
…to make 8 full-size (A-2) fun fold cards with matching envelopes!
And – YOU can win a full kit all ready to go!!
Well – cool your jets…we’ll get there! 😉
Before that, though – let’s talk catalogs!
The NEW 2020-2021 Annual Catalog, in fact!
I’ll be ordering boxes of the new 2020-2021 Stampin’ Up! Catalog on 5 May, getting them ready with my info, a wish list, info about my Online Host Clubs, etc and, hopefully, mailing them NLT the week of 18 May. (The new Catalog goes live for customers on 3 June 2020)
- My regular customers (placed orders of at least $50 so far this year) will automatically receive one in the mail from me.
- New Customers – not already working with another demonstrator! – are welcome, and I would love to be your demonstrator! Just get an order of $50 or greater placed in my Online Store before the 5th and you’ll be on my list.
- If you’re an existing customer – and you’ve moved recently, please reach out to me ASAP and let me know your new address. Otherwise, no TELLING where it will end up!!
- Not sure if you’re on my list? Give me a holler and we’ll check! 🙂
If you want your copy sooner.. you can join my Stampin’ Up! Team and get your new catalog with your new catalog product preorder on 5 May! Click HERE for info on joining the Critters-N-Creatin’ Krew!
When your catalog DOES arrive….here’s what it’s going to look like!!
And…we’ve got NEW In Colors – one of which (Bumble Bee) you’ve already seen in the Ornate Garden Specialty DSP! But – here are the rest for you to get ready to craft with!
And…the May 2020 Paper Pumpkin Kit will give you a full-blown chance to play – way before ANYONE else!
Here’s the Deets:
- Subscribe for the May kit from 11 April – 10 May.
- Supplies may be limited toward the end of each subscription period.
About the May Kit
- 12 cards and envelopes
- 8 cards are traditional size (Card size: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ and Envelope size: 4-1/2″ x 5-3/4″)
- 4 cards are note card size (Notecard size: 5″ x 3-1/2″ and Envelope size: 5-1/8″ x 3-5/8″)
- Coordinating Colors: Four of the NEW In Colors plus Purple Posy from the 2019–2021 In Color collection.
Please Note! You’ve got to be signed up by 10 May to get this kit!! Sign up after the 10th….and your first kit will be the one that ships in June!
If you’re not already a Paper Pumpkin subscriber – There are two ways to sign up – check it!
You can sign up for a subscription where you’re billed monthly for your kit – click here to get started.
…do a Prepaid Subscription! To see the options for prepaid subscriptions in my online store, click here.
Choose Your Prepaid Subscription Now!
Okay – now…on to the Blog Candy! This is to win the April 2020 Paper Pumpkin Kit – My Wonderful Family!
To enter – all you need to do is leave a comment on this blog post by 5pm Eastern Time on Star Wars Day – Monday, May the 4th (Be With You) and tell me your favorite new In Color! I know you’re going to love them all – but…which one is catching your eye right this minute!?!
Just a note – I have comment moderation turned on so it may take me a few minutes to see and approve your comment. Don’t worry if it doesn’t show up right away, it’ll be there just as soon as I see it. 🙂
The winners will be chosen by the random number generator from all of the comments received and I’ll announce the winners on my blog on Cinco De Mayo. That’s 5 May, for you non-bi-linguists! 😉
Please note, anyone is welcome to leave me a comment but per the Demonstrator rules from Stampin’ Up!, I can only ship Stampin’ Up! merchandise to addresses within the United States. Thanks for your understanding. Good luck!!
Okay – whew! That’s a LOT to take in, yes?!? Hope you enjoyed the sneak peek – and…good luck in the Blog Candy draw!!
HOST CODE FOR 16 APR – 30 APR: 62SHAUJZ
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in any active Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details.
BACK IN STOCK!!
Grace’s Garden, Honey Bee, Painted Poppies, Peaceful Moments and Bonanza Buddies
Ornate Garden Suite – Available Now!!
Get the whole Suite right here!
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
On my video on Saturday night, I mentioned that I’d made a big batch of homemade granola, using a yumm-o sounding recipe my mom sent.
And – I got requests to share, so… here ’tis!
This is a Vermont Country Store recipe – they sent it to my mom in an e-mail….
How does this relate to Finn?
Food. Finn. Hello?
We makin’ granola for us, Mom??
I love granola.
What’s granola, again??
It’s called Lumberjack Granola – I’ll give you the recipe as written and then my substitutes/changes. 🙂
8 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup hulled sunflower seeds
1 cup hulled pumpkin seeds
2 cups walnuts
1 cup maple syrup
1 cup golden raisins
2 cups almonds
1 cup canola or olive oil
1 cup dried cranberries
2 cups pecans
1 Tablespoon coarse sea salt
1 cup shredded coconut
Preheat oven to 325 degrees
In a large stainless-steel bowl, combine the oats, sunflower and pumpkin seeds walnuts, almonds and pecans. Stir with a large wooden spoon (or clean hands) to combine.
Transfer about 4 cups of the mixture to a food processor fitted with the steel blade and pulse to coarsely chop, but do not make the pieces too small. (This is just to slightly reduce the size of chunks to bit-size and you can skip this step if you prefer really chunky granola.) Transfer the chopped oat mixture to a second large stainless-steel bowl. Repeats until you have coarsely chopped the whole batch – again, not too fine.
Toss the oat mixture with the salt. Pour the maple syrup and the oil over the top and stir with a wooden spoon or clean hands to completely combine the liquids with the oat mixture. It will look just slightly moist.
Spread the granola evenly over the two shallow roasting pans or rimmed baking sheets in a single layer, about 1″ deep. You may need to do this in two batches. Bake, stirring every 15 min or so to keep the granola from burning and turning the pans to bake evenly. Toast to a golden brown, about 45 minutes. Remove from the pan and transfer back to one of the large bowls.
Toss will still warm with the raisins, cranberries and coconut. Let cool before packing into large mason jars to keep up to 2 months.
- I didn’t use the dried cranberries – they’re not our fave so…substituted dried dates. About 10 ounces worth.
- Used canola oil – and only about 1/2 cup.
- Didn’t use walnuts – really don’t care for them. So used extra pecans. I couldn’t really tell you how many pecans I used. At least 2 cups – plus…however many looked about right.
- Used slivered almonds cuz that’s what I had in the freezer.
- Didn’t use sunflower seeds. No reason why – just didn’t have them and didn’t buy any more.
- My pumpkin seeds were roasted and salted. Worked great.
- Do NOT skip the COARSE Sea Salt. I had fine sea salt on hand, but bought some coarse for this. That little tiny crunch of salt is perfect!!
- Try to use real maple syrup. Try not to lick the syrup off the bottle. Or…be sure no one is watching if you do!
Get ready to love this granola. And – if you’re of a mind – it would be awesome in trail mix form – add m&m’s or chocolate chips when the mix is….almost completely cool. We didn’t do that. Wanted to – but…we’re using as cereal, so…
We can add the chips into our cereal bowl on the down-low!