Happy Monday, y’all! I hope you had a good weekend. I really did – a fun Saturday and a productive Sunday! I even slept in yesterday. Until 8!! Which, for me, is the equivalent of sleeping until noon. And I STILL managed to get the laundry done, go to the grocery store, make a few cards, do a video AND work out on the treadmill. Whaaaa?!?!?
If you were able to join me last night for said video, I appreciate you spending part of your weekend with me – and for being flexible on the day! If you didn’t get to watch, but would like to see how to make this cool pop-up gift card holder, here’s the replay on YouTube!
I made this card using some new products coming soon in the 2019-2020 Annual Catalog – including some goodies that you’ll be able to get in my Catalog Shares! I mostly pulled from the Come Sail Away Suite – but…check out the Magnolia Lane Large Memories & More Card and Envelope that was the base for my card. Take a look-see:
Looks pretty…normal, huh?
The magic happens when you open it up!
Now THAT’S what I’m talkin’ about! What a fun way to give a gift card, huh?
There are lots of videos and blogs out there showing how to make this fun-fold, but the one I found was from Kim Score over on Splitcoast Stampers!
I started with some Mossy Meadow paper from the Come Sail Away DSP that I matted on Soft Suede for the card front. Then I stamped a All Things Thanks sentiment in Mossy Meadow on Whisper White and cut it out with the label die in the new Smooth Sailing Dies (available on 4 June with the new catalog).
The rest of the “icing” is cut from Soft Suede, Mossy Meadow and…leftover craft paper from a Magnolia Lane Large Memories & More Card…using various dies in the Smooth Sailing Dies.
I used Liquid Glue to adhere some of the sea grasses and the sentiment to the matted card front. Then I added a Soft Suede ship’s wheel.
The final touch is an anchor from the Sail Away Trinkets set, with a “lanyard” made of Mossy Meadow Linen Thread from the Magnolia Lane Ribbon Pack (available on 4 June), that I adhered with a Glue Dot. And that’s it for the card front!
I thought it would be fun to use one of the new Magnolia Lane Large Specialty Memories & More Cards and the matching envelope as the base – AND as the actual gift card holder! – for this one. I used Liquid Glue to adhere my completed card front to the front of the large notecard – it fits just inside the printed/embossed silver frame!
The inside is created with two pieces of Come Sail Away DSP on the top and bottom parts of the card, both matted on Soft Suede. The “pop-up” mechanism is just two 4″ tall pieces of the DSP, scored and folded at 1″, 2″ and 3″. Here’s a tip. For this card, the DSP is cut at 6″ wide to match the width of the card. If you want to use a standard A2 card base – the length would STILL be 4″ – but you’d adjust the width to match your card base size. I explain that in the video, so check it out if this is confusing! 🙂
I used a second Magnolia Lane note card, cut to size, to create the smaller gift card holder in this card. You could easily use DSP, though!
The Tailored Tag Punch gave me the “cutout” in the gift card envelope – and it created the perfect little “window” to the All Things Thanks sentiment on the back panel. Just a note – the wonderful All Things Thanks stamp set is retiring – so….you should pick it up before it leaves us forever on 3 June!
I also used a little rope sticker from the Come Sail Away Memories & More Card Pack to decorate the sentiment panel and the blank panel on the bottom. I left that one blank so everyone could sign the card!
I decorated the front of the envelope with a few more cutouts from the Smooth Sailing Dies…
…and I left the flap with the simple silver enhancement that was already there!
Et Voila! This is a super simple fun-fold – that looks WAY harder than it is! It’s so easy that you MAY see it again tomorrow…. 😉 I am already very much loving the entire Come Sail Away suite – the Sailing Home stamp set and bundled Smooth Sailing Dies will all be available on 4 June! I also love how these Memories & More cards and envelopes work with TWO Suites….Magnolia Lane and Come Sail Away! BIG bang for your buck! Hope you like!
Go ahead – just add it all to your wish list now. You know you want to!
P.S. The Come Sail Away DSP and the Magnolia Lane Large Specialty Memories & More Cards & Envelopes are just a small part of my Annual Catalog DSP Shares – so…check it out and get your name on my list now!
HOST CODE FOR 16 APR – 30 APR: HW762NTC
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! But, if your order is over $150, please don’t use this code (you’ll miss out on your own Stampin’ Rewards if you use it) but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 from any active catalog! And – you can even select one of the Host-exclusive sets! See my Rewards page for more details.
2019-2020 Annual Catalog Shares Are Open!
Try a little bit of the beautiful new Designer Series Papers, specialty papers and envelopes, plus fun embellishments with a Catalog Share! I’ll place our Shares order first jump out of the box on 4 Jun 19 and use expedited shipping so I get it back fast! Then I’ll get it all cut up, packaged and out the door quick as I can – hopefully early in the week of the 10th!
This year, I’m offering a Designer Series Paper share (that has some extra’s in it!) and an Embellishment share with all sorts of fun new goodies!
I’ve got a few options for you to pick from: a New Designer Series Paper Share, a New Embellishments Share, and an I Want It All Share (this one gets a free extra bonus!!). And there are even DOUBLE shares, too!
Shares are open to anyone – including demonstrators, so…check it…
1. New Designer Series Paper Share – $56.00 (+$7 Priority shipping)
You’ll get 207 – 6″ x 6″ sheets of beautiful new Designer Series Papers, specialty papers, note cards and envelopes!
- Woven Threads DSP – 6 sheets
- Magnolia Lane DSP – 6 sheets
- Garden Lane DSP – 6 sheets
- Follow Your Art DSP – 6 sheets
- Bird Ballad DSP – 6 sheets
- Dinoraur DSP – 6 sheets
- Perennial Essence DSP – 6 sheets
- See a Silhouette DSP – 6 sheets
- Come Sail Away DSP – 6 sheets
- Pressed Petal Specialty DSP – 12 sheets (some “frame” designs will be set off due to the layout of the paper)
- Mosaic Mood Specialty DSP – 6 sheets
- Noble Peacock Specialty DSP – 6 sheets
- Noble Peacock Foil – 3 sheets
- 2019-2021 In Color 6″ x 6″ DSP – 10 sheets
- 2018-2020 In Color 6″ x 6″ DSP – 10 sheets
- Neutrals In Color 6″ x 6″ DSP – 20 sheets
- Brights In Color 6″ x 6″ DSP – 20 sheets
- Subtles In Color 6″ x 6″ DSP – 20 sheets
- Regals In Color 6″ x 6″ DSP – 20 sheets
- Perennial Essence Vellum DSP – 6 sheets
- Scalloped Note Cards & Envelopes – 8pcs – 1 card and envelope in each of 4 colors
- Magnolia Lane Large Specialty Memories & More Cards & Envelopes – 6 pcs – 2 cards, 2 envelopes, 2 liners
- Assorted Memories & More Cards & Envelopes – 4 pcs – 1 card/1 envelope in 2 sizes
- Copper Dotted Treat Bags – 2 bags
2. New Embellishment (No Ribbons) Share – $18.00 (+ $5 First Class shipping) –
In all you’ll receive approx 139 new embellishments! Embellishments
- 2018-2020 In Color Buttons – 5 – 1 each of 5 colors
- Perennial Essence Floral Centers – 3 pieces
- Magnolia Lane Cork Embellishments – 4 pcs – 1 blossom, 2 leaves, 1 tag
- Flower Faceted Gems – 6 pcs – 2 ea of 3 colors
- Sail Away Trinkets – 4 pcs – 2 ea of 2 designs)
- Mini Library Clips – 4 pcs – 2 of ea of 2 colors
- Bird Ballad Trinkets – 4 pcs – 1 of ea of 4 designs
- Noble Peacock Rhinestones – 70 total (50 – 3mm; 10 – 4mm; 10 – 5mm) in 5 colors
- Designer Elements – 9 pcs – 3 ea of 3 colors
- 2019-2021 In Color Faceted Dots – 30pcs – 2 ea in 5 colors and 3 sizes
3. I Want It All – $74 (+$7 Priority Shipping)
You’ll get shares of all of the new Designer Series Papers, Specialty Papers, note cards and emvelopes and embellishments. And, with an I Want It All order – I’ll also throw in a spool of the new Night of Navy/Sahara Sand Baker’s Twine!
4. Want Double the Fun?
Order a double share of any package. I’ll cut the paper sheets into 6×12 so that you’ll be able to get 3 full A2 size card fronts from each sheet (except for the 6″ x 6″ DSPs – those are already cut! – you’ll get double sheets of those! And, with a DOUBLE I Want It All, you’ll get the Night of Navy/Sahara Sand Baker’s Twine AND a pack of Dinoraur Enamel shapes FREE!
- I’ll submit the order on 4 Jun 19 when the Catalog goes Live
- You’ll receive a PayPal Invoice one week prior (so, around 28 May 19), unless you sign up after that date, at which time you’ll get an invoice right away. I’ll need payment before I submit the shares, please! 🙂
- Anyone is welcome to join in my share (please note, I can only ship to addresses within the US or Military APOs).
Deadline to sign up for the shares is 2 JUN 19 at 8pm EST!!
If you’d like to join us, either complete the form below or email the following information to email@example.com:
- Your first and last name
- Email address connected to your Paypal account (Please note I can only accept PayPal for payment unless you’re already a customer of mine. If you are a customer, I can accept a check for payment!)
- Shipping Address
Let me know if you have any questions. Hope you’ll join the fun! Thanks! SIGN UP HERE!
Be sure to check out the great new additions in my Online Store!
Supplies are limited, and with discounts up to 60%, products will go quickly. Shop now and stock up.
Get Your Copy of the 2019-2020 Annual Catalog
I’ve been giving you a few sneak peeks and we’ll see some “in person” goodies tonight, but – here’s the deets about getting your very own copy!
- If you’re a current customer of mine (like…you’ve ordered from me in the last 12 months), I’ll be ordering you a copy of the catalog and mailing them out just as quickly as I can once they arrive. Your catalog should be arriving in mid-May in a Priority Mailer Envelope.
- Ordering opens for the Annual Catalog at 12:00 noon MT on Tuesday, 4 June.
- If you’re NOT a current customer of mine but would like a copy of the Annual Catalog, simply place an order through my online store before 4 June and you’ll automatically be added to my mailing list.
- Demonstrators can preorder from the Annual Catalog beginning on May 2! So join my team now and you can get your hands on those new catalog items a month early!
2019 Retired Products List!
Click any of these links to go to my Online Store for the most up-to-date information!
Get the Stampin’ Up! Products Used in These Projects:
Card Cuts Used in This Project:
Magnolia Lane Large Specialty Memories & More Card and Envelope: card base; Smooth Sailing grasses die cuts
Soft Suede Card Stock: 4 1/8″ x 6 1/8″ (mats for large inner liner pieces); 3″ x 4 1/8″ (mat for card front); 2 1/4″ x 4 1/8 (mat for inside sentiment panel); 2″ x 5 7/8″ (mat for blank Whisper White panel on inside); Smooth Sailing Dies ship wheels
Whisper White Card Stock: Smooth Sailing label (sentiment on front); 2 1/8″ x 4″ (inside sentiment panel); 1 7/8″ x 5 3/4″ (blank panel on inside)
Come Sail Away DSP (coming 4 June): 2 7/8″ x 4″ (card front); 4″ x 6″ (large inner liner pieces); 4″ x 6″ ( x2 – pop-up mechanisms, scored and folded at 1″, 2″ and 3″ on short side)
Mossy Meadow Card Stock and leftover Magnolia Lane Card Piece: Smooth Sailing DSP die cut grasses
Magnolia Lane Large Specialty Memories & More Card Front: Cut to 4 1/4″ x 5″ (Inside Gift Card Holder – scored and folded at 2 1/2″)
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!